MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Tours & Concerts
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 2005-06-02, 17:09
SARS's Avatar
SARS SARS is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Liverpool, England.
Posts: 1,485
Send a message via MSN to SARS
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Bah, I didn't go either - I had a fancy dress party to go to that I agreed to attend about 6 months ago.


Simon Pegg should do stand up. Jack Dee is a classic, but not as intelligent IMO.

[edit]
wrong quote, very drunk.
__________________
That snatch is like a glove fit for God.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2005-06-08, 05:23
sqol's Avatar
sqol sqol is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,841
Woooo, got my Opeth tickets through this morning *is very happy*
__________________

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2005-06-09, 08:08
LordofStorms's Avatar
LordofStorms LordofStorms is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqol
Woooo, got my Opeth tickets through this morning *is very happy*

Fucker..........
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2005-06-16, 01:43
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
VADER TOMORROW!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2005-06-16, 15:15
The Doctor's Avatar
The Doctor The Doctor is offline
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bladel, Holland
Posts: 6,806
Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
have a ball man, the new album is killer
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2005-06-17, 17:56
sqol's Avatar
sqol sqol is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
VADER TOMORROW!


Was Proper Bo i tell thee!
__________________

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2005-06-17, 19:32
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
Haha indeed, my ears are still ringing!

Last edited by blizzard_beast : 2005-06-17 at 19:34.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2005-09-10, 03:47
SARS's Avatar
SARS SARS is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Liverpool, England.
Posts: 1,485
Send a message via MSN to SARS
Decapitated playing liverpool on tuesday.

Cannea fuckin' wait.
__________________
That snatch is like a glove fit for God.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2005-09-10, 03:57
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley johnmansley is offline
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,975
Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Yeah, I heard about that, but Liverpool are playing Betis so I'll be in the pub watching that.
__________________
Album of the day:

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2005-09-12, 08:35
SARS's Avatar
SARS SARS is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Liverpool, England.
Posts: 1,485
Send a message via MSN to SARS
can't understand why a more promising game has been put on ITV2.

Anyway, hopefully the swan'll be playing it....gonna watch the first half then bugger off to get the last of Detonation's set. Shall be a good night hopefully.
__________________
That snatch is like a glove fit for God.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2005-09-12, 08:45
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
Some great gigs coming up in London -

DragonForce - 22nd Sept - Barfly
Decapitated/Detonation etc - 24th Sept - Underworld
Nevermore - 25th Sept - Scala

I'll definitely be at the Decapitated gig, who else is going? The other two gigs are a possibility.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2005-09-12, 08:52
SARS's Avatar
SARS SARS is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Liverpool, England.
Posts: 1,485
Send a message via MSN to SARS
i'm going to the one in liverpool tomo, i'm guessing you were asking about the london one though......meh.
__________________
That snatch is like a glove fit for God.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2005-09-13, 18:07
SARS's Avatar
SARS SARS is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Liverpool, England.
Posts: 1,485
Send a message via MSN to SARS
That was fucking amazing dude, John - you're a tit for not going.

Anyway, Detonation have had to pull out due to bus difficulties. We got some local band supporting which was cool....anyway. Dam were dicks. I shouted out some bits of "go head, you rule" and he replied "shut up mate, dick head".....dick head to you dude.

Anyway, Decapitated fucking owned....the new vocalist is a fucking beast. Have fun in london dude.
__________________
That snatch is like a glove fit for God.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2005-09-14, 07:02
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley johnmansley is offline
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,975
Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARS
That was fucking amazing dude, John - you're a tit for not going.


Nah, we won 2-1!
__________________
Album of the day:

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2005-09-23, 17:13
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
Decapitated tomorrow bitches!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2005-09-24, 05:14
Unanything's Avatar
Unanything Unanything is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ballater, Scotland, UK.
Posts: 1,128
Send a message via MSN to Unanything
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Decapitated tomorrow bitches!


I missed Decap' in Glasgow, along with Gorerotted and Dam. Ashamed I was.
What a great show it would have been...
AND Nevermore.
Meshuggah in December though. Fucking booked.
__________________


www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead



Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2005-09-24, 09:39
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley johnmansley is offline
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,975
Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Any other dates for Meshuggah? Fuck it I'll cut to the chase - are they playing anywhere near Liverpool?!?!
__________________
Album of the day:

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2005-09-24, 17:45
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
Well, I just got back from the gig. It was amazing, I mainly went for Detonation and Decapitated, Gorerotted and especially Dam aren't my thing.

Dam was fucking shit. Aside from the awful music, the vocalist had absolutely zero stage presence, and the guitars were extremely muddy to the point of just being random noise.

Detonation!! Wow, these guys were amazing. Awesome awesomeness. Haha enough said.

I missed a lot of the Gorerotted since I was chatting to the Detonation guys. First off I met Koen (vocals/guitar), who was a real nice chap. Other than the whole he said a lot of his influences are the Swedish medolic death bands. (ie. At the Gates). He then said they're planning to tour (with Gore as support) the UK in February/March to make up for the five gigs they missed on this tour.

I then had a chat with Thomass (drummer) who said that this was the first time the band had met their label manager! Haha, I then asked him about his opinion on triggered drums, and he mentioned that he disliked them, but the label forced them to use a studio which only allowed for triggered drums. He said that he originally wanted a pure acoustic drum tone. After that, he said he was also influenced by the Swedish melodic death bands, but that he was into everything, from Depeche Mode to Morbid Angel, and that he especially liked "rhythmic" bands. He then offered to have the band sign the album I just bought (An Epic Defiance), so then whilst everyone signed it I got to meet the rest of the band, again, really nice guys.

Oh and to the Dutchies, they're from Utrecht!

Decapitated was also pretty good, but I prefered Detonation.

Last edited by blizzard_beast : 2005-09-24 at 17:47.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2005-09-27, 14:16
Unanything's Avatar
Unanything Unanything is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ballater, Scotland, UK.
Posts: 1,128
Send a message via MSN to Unanything
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Any other dates for Meshuggah? Fuck it I'll cut to the chase - are they playing anywhere near Liverpool?!?!


Their website tour section displays a quite a few dates around Britain. Porobably Liverpool or near. Go have a look.

www.meshuggah.net
__________________


www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead



Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2005-09-27, 16:07
sqol's Avatar
sqol sqol is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Well, I just got back from the gig. It was amazing, I mainly went for Detonation and Decapitated, Gorerotted and especially Dam aren't my thing.

Dam was fucking shit. Aside from the awful music, the vocalist had absolutely zero stage presence, and the guitars were extremely muddy to the point of just being random noise.

Detonation!! Wow, these guys were amazing. Awesome awesomeness. Haha enough said.

I missed a lot of the Gorerotted since I was chatting to the Detonation guys. First off I met Koen (vocals/guitar), who was a real nice chap. Other than the whole he said a lot of his influences are the Swedish medolic death bands. (ie. At the Gates). He then said they're planning to tour (with Gore as support) the UK in February/March to make up for the five gigs they missed on this tour.

I then had a chat with Thomass (drummer) who said that this was the first time the band had met their label manager! Haha, I then asked him about his opinion on triggered drums, and he mentioned that he disliked them, but the label forced them to use a studio which only allowed for triggered drums. He said that he originally wanted a pure acoustic drum tone. After that, he said he was also influenced by the Swedish melodic death bands, but that he was into everything, from Depeche Mode to Morbid Angel, and that he especially liked "rhythmic" bands. He then offered to have the band sign the album I just bought (An Epic Defiance), so then whilst everyone signed it I got to meet the rest of the band, again, really nice guys.

Oh and to the Dutchies, they're from Utrecht!

Decapitated was also pretty good, but I prefered Detonation.


Goddamn i missed it! Sounds like it was a blast!
__________________

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.