MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #81  
Old 2005-04-18, 23:05
TruthDevoid's Avatar
TruthDevoid TruthDevoid is offline
Drugged Unholy
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philadelphia Area
Posts: 2,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
Improv isnt noit hitting random shit. It is taking what you know musicly and applying it ON SPOT... Improv is a sign of talent.


EXACTLY
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
I don't know about you, but I deadlift because I strive to be the first human tree stump pulling machine


Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life


Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 2005-04-19, 01:11
h4x5k8's Avatar
h4x5k8 h4x5k8 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Longmont, CO, USA
Posts: 1,978
Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
All you guys are gay....

Agree.

Petrucci is a good guitarists, Alexi is good, no denying, they can both kick your ass... who cares who is better. What alexi said is true, maybe he said it a little harsh but its true and most people ive talked to agree with me. Most of Dream theater's musical work isnt nearly as good as it can be. Mike portney, John Petrucci, John Myung, and Jordan Rudess (i didnt mention the singer James cause i dont care for him to much) these are some of the best musicians out there for there style and knowledge, but they dont use there ability's in dream theater as much as they could. Maybe its there choice to make that kind of music or maybe they dont feel like playing to there full ability. But I agree with alexi.


So everyone shut the fuck up.
__________________

Last edited by h4x5k8 : 2005-04-19 at 01:20.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 2005-04-19, 01:13
h4x5k8's Avatar
h4x5k8 h4x5k8 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Longmont, CO, USA
Posts: 1,978
Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
Improv isnt noit hitting random shit. It is taking what you know musicly and applying it ON SPOT. Hey guess what? MANY MANY MANY guitarists dontw rite out whole solos whne tehy record, they usualy come up with a begining and an ending and improv their ideas in the middle. Dimebag improved the solo Cemetary Gates one night when he came home drunk and used that first take for the album. Improv is a sign of talent.

This comes from a guy who said fucked up shit about how Dime wasnt all that great.
__________________

Last edited by h4x5k8 : 2005-04-19 at 01:20.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 2005-04-19, 03:18
BeastOfCarrion's Avatar
BeastOfCarrion BeastOfCarrion is offline
Pokémon Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Some grim and utterly pointless evil location(Aus)
Posts: 3,740
Try not to blow your load all over the inside of your pants.

http://www.mysongbook.com/tab-tab_d...ature=36957.htm
__________________
"Press Ctrl+w to enter: The realm of Power Metal!" - a promise from johnmansley
Tonight on CSI: Blashyrkh -
(\_/)
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 2005-04-19, 15:54
The Angry Hobbit The Angry Hobbit is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Shire
Posts: 363
Angry

[QUOTE= I mean a three year-old can do what Laiho does! [/QUOTE]

Go listen to Trashed lost and strung out and shuv your shit talk up your ass because there is no way you or anyone else on this website could write something better. If you could you would probably be playing your guitar right now instead of talking shit on the computer.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 2005-04-19, 15:59
Cheese Co's Avatar
Cheese Co Cheese Co is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Hobbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by I mean a three year-old can do what Laiho does!


Go listen to [I
Trashed lost and strung out[/I] and shuv your shit talk up your ass because there is no way you or anyone else on this website could write something better. If you could you would probably be playing your guitar right now instead of talking shit on the computer.


Dude, i was being totally sarcastic... i was making fun of someone. Notice the ' ', I love Laiho, he owns... Jeeze, I cant even joke anymore.

Also notice the 'Children of Bodom' in my sig.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 2005-04-19, 16:00
The Angry Hobbit The Angry Hobbit is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Shire
Posts: 363
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
Agree.

Petrucci is a good guitarists, Alexi is good, no denying, they can both kick your ass... who cares who is better. What alexi said is true, maybe he said it a little harsh but its true and most people ive talked to agree with me. Most of Dream theater's musical work isnt nearly as good as it can be. Mike portney, John Petrucci, John Myung, and Jordan Rudess (i didnt mention the singer James cause i dont care for him to much) these are some of the best musicians out there for there style and knowledge, but they dont use there ability's in dream theater as much as they could. Maybe its there choice to make that kind of music or maybe they dont feel like playing to there full ability. But I agree with alexi.


So everyone shut the fuck up.


Ive been waiting for someone to say something like that. THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 2005-04-19, 16:03
h4x5k8's Avatar
h4x5k8 h4x5k8 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Longmont, CO, USA
Posts: 1,978
Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Hobbit
Ive been waiting for someone to say something like that. THANK YOU!

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 2005-04-19, 16:06
Necrolechery Necrolechery is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Hobbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by I mean a three year-old can do what Laiho does!


Go listen to [I
Trashed lost and strung out[/I] and shuv your shit talk up your ass because there is no way you or anyone else on this website could write something better. If you could you would probably be playing your guitar right now instead of talking shit on the computer.

whatever I bet half the people that post tabs on here could burn Alexis ass, and for your info I'm sitting here with my guitar in my lap.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 2005-04-19, 16:09
Cheese Co's Avatar
Cheese Co Cheese Co is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrolechery
whatever I bet half the people that post tabs on here could burn Alexis ass, and for your info I'm sitting here with my guitar in my lap.



I honestly doubt that... maybe like... 2 people? Which is not nearly close to half.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 2005-04-19, 16:12
h4x5k8's Avatar
h4x5k8 h4x5k8 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Longmont, CO, USA
Posts: 1,978
Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrolechery
whatever I bet half the people that post tabs on here could burn Alexis ass, and for your info I'm sitting here with my guitar in my lap.



maybe if i post a tab here ill be as good as alexi, alright im gonna tab iron man!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 2005-04-19, 16:29
Necrolechery Necrolechery is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23
oh well,I hope half of the people on here can, most of the guitarists I know personally could.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 2005-04-19, 16:56
h4x5k8's Avatar
h4x5k8 h4x5k8 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Longmont, CO, USA
Posts: 1,978
Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrolechery
oh well,I hope half of the people on here can, most of the guitarists I know personally could.
your saying most of the guitarist you know could outshred alexi? or ouwrite or just outplay him?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 2005-04-19, 17:14
DEAD's Avatar
DEAD DEAD is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,399
Send a message via AIM to DEAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
This comes from a guy who said fucked up shit about how Dime wasnt all that great.



How stupid are you? This is a perfect example of people not reading what someone posts and just getting angry about it for no reason. I never said Dime was a bad guitar player. And I could have used MANY other examples of guitar players who improv thier solos on records, for example the guitar player from Theory in Practice. But dime is the best example because I'm almost positive everyone here has heard the solos I mentioned by him where as the guitar player from theory in Practice, who out plays and writes Dime, Laiho, and Petrucci, in my opinion of course (I got the impression I need to say this since noone understands that it should be assumed its my opinion since I'm saying it) not everyone here has heard.

If you are going to nit pick my posts and ignore the point behind them, atleast know what you are talking about.
__________________
No fear, nor fight
Comforting silent side
So free, through flight
Comforting silence
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 2005-04-19, 17:31
Silent Night 6 6's Avatar
Silent Night 6 6 Silent Night 6 6 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Hobbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by I mean a three year-old can do what Laiho does!


Go listen to [I
Trashed lost and strung out[/I] and shuv your shit talk up your ass because there is no way you or anyone else on this website could write something better. If you could you would probably be playing your guitar right now instead of talking shit on the computer.

Yeah, simma down now giirll. And please, like what you want, but don't tell 'em to listen to TLS of all things.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 2005-04-19, 20:01
TruthDevoid's Avatar
TruthDevoid TruthDevoid is offline
Drugged Unholy
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philadelphia Area
Posts: 2,458
sorry for the double post, fucking computer
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
I don't know about you, but I deadlift because I strive to be the first human tree stump pulling machine


Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life


Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Last edited by TruthDevoid : 2005-04-19 at 20:06.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 2005-04-19, 20:04
TruthDevoid's Avatar
TruthDevoid TruthDevoid is offline
Drugged Unholy
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philadelphia Area
Posts: 2,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
This comes from a guy who said fucked up shit about how Dime wasnt all that great.


I still don't see the big fuss about Dime. It seems to me that since he died all of a sudden everyone thinks he's the best guitarist ever. I mean no offense to those who have always been fans of him and whatever, but all these people who never gave a shit before are now saying that he's the greatest just because he died and because everyone else is saying it. I always thought dime was cool but he never really impressed me and now that he's dead, my opinions of him won't change. Yeah it sucks the guy died, especially in such a horrible way, but i know so many people that never really liked pantera that all of a sudden are these huge fans of him just because they died. i hate banwagon jumpers. Sorry for the rant, it really doesn't even fit in this thread, but fuck it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
I don't know about you, but I deadlift because I strive to be the first human tree stump pulling machine


Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life


Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 2005-04-19, 20:22
DEAD's Avatar
DEAD DEAD is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,399
Send a message via AIM to DEAD
Woohoo! Youre from PA and youre not stupid!
__________________
No fear, nor fight
Comforting silent side
So free, through flight
Comforting silence
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 2005-04-19, 20:23
Cheese Co's Avatar
Cheese Co Cheese Co is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
I still don't see the big fuss about Dime. It seems to me that since he died all of a sudden everyone thinks he's the best guitarist ever. I mean no offense to those who have always been fans of him and whatever, but all these people who never gave a shit before are now saying that he's the greatest just because he died and because everyone else is saying it. I always thought dime was cool but he never really impressed me and now that he's dead, my opinions of him won't change. Yeah it sucks the guy died, especially in such a horrible way, but i know so many people that never really liked pantera that all of a sudden are these huge fans of him just because they died. i hate banwagon jumpers. Sorry for the rant, it really doesn't even fit in this thread, but fuck it.

Well, i get your point, but i happened to fuckin love that guy.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 2005-04-19, 20:23
MetalThrashingMad's Avatar
MetalThrashingMad MetalThrashingMad is offline
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Highway to the Danger Zone
Posts: 6,026
Yes TruthDevoid I agree, alot. This also sees true with Chuck Schuldiner, I mean he was a very good guitarist, but if he was still alive he would not have half the popularity and praise that he has now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
"Ja mein little poodle, I will hang you by your nipples in my garage,
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.