MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2005-10-02, 12:59
HES BAAACK

yeah, kevin looked like a homo if you ask me. good drummer, but he lacked the self confidence of roddy or culross. basically, he looked like an up and comer and not a cocky and excellent player
Old 2005-10-03, 22:41
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
That's awesome man. Kevin was way too into it though. Well I would be too, I mean he's playing with Slayer! He must have felt like he was a god.

My thoughts exactly, I think his adrenaline was getting the best of him. It sounded like he was rushing that song. But on the God Hates Us All track, he did much better. I couldn't tell in the video if they liked him or not. There was one point where it looked like Jeff H. shook his head during chemical warfare, I don't know what that was about.

One more thing, anyone else play with their hi-hat that high? It looks like his hi-hat is almost up to his neck, maybe it was the camera angle. LOL!
Old 2005-10-04, 14:38
Noob lud

Yeah his hi-hats are rally high. I couldn't play them that high. Yeah Slayed didn't really look too interested in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-10-04, 17:00
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Kevin is an awesome dude and a great player.. but him in Slayer? No, they dont deserve him.. and now that Lombardo's back why would they even want him.

Cool fucking video though!

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2005-10-04, 18:33
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
and now that Lombardo's back why would they even want him.

That makes me wonder what would have happend if Lombardo didn't rejoin.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-10-04, 22:19
New Blood

Don't get me wrong I'm not ripping on Kevin. I don't believe in doing that to other players, especially players that are way better than I such as Kevin. I like Kevin and respect him, I actually learned a great deal from his instructional Vid.

One thing that really sticks out for me in the instructional DVD is he said "you have to really learn to keep time with your left foot". "Learning to keep time with your left foot will help you with your double bass and independence." Most of us keep time with our right foot, partly because our right hand keeps the time/pulse and our right hand and right foot are interconnected with each other. In other words our right foot likes to do what our right hand does. I read that Dave Lombardo even likes to lead with his left when doing double bass parts.

In Kevin's Defense that was back in 2002, On that same DVD he has live footage of him in the Studio, and he totally nails the song. You can definately tell he has grown as drummer and takes his drumming seriously, you have to respect that.
Old 2005-10-05, 18:58
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiciansunderground
Don't get me wrong I'm not ripping on Kevin. I don't believe in doing that to other players, especially players that are way better than I such as Kevin. I like Kevin and respect him, I actually learned a great deal from his instructional Vid.

One thing that really sticks out for me in the instructional DVD is he said "you have to really learn to keep time with your left foot". "Learning to keep time with your left foot will help you with your double bass and independence." Most of us keep time with our right foot, partly because our right hand keeps the time/pulse and our right hand and right foot are interconnected with each other. In other words our right foot likes to do what our right hand does. I read that Dave Lombardo even likes to lead with his left when doing double bass parts.

In Kevin's Defense that was back in 2002, On that same DVD he has live footage of him in the Studio, and he totally nails the song. You can definately tell he has grown as drummer and takes his drumming seriously, you have to respect that.

I don't quite follow that - are you saying you think you shouldn't lead with your right foot, or just that you think he's contradicting himself?

I've always (until recently, anyway) played a single bass pedal, and I found it very good practice to keep time with your left foot. It teaches you a certain amount of independance, and does keep your fills and stuff on track. The stuff I play these days is faster and has more double shit for my left foot to do so I've got out of the habit a bit, but I still naturally do it for long fills and little fancy solo bits.

Also, Lombardo is left-handed, but plays a right-handed kit - that's why he leads with his left foot a lot of the time. I know a kid locally who's the same and he just doesn't understand what I mean when I talk about my "weak foot" or "weak hand". Both of his are strong and he's got amazing control. Makes me wonder about setting up a left handed practice kit for some all-round.. er.. no, actually. Fuck that.
Old 2005-10-05, 22:19
New Blood

I was saying just that, it is a good idea to learn to keep time with the left, it's something I need to work on more. I'm also left handed but I play a right handed drum set, but that's the way I started out so my right side is more dominant then my left so I lead with my right with everything.

Come to think of it I've never tried to play left handed, I'll think I will try it out, but right now my right hand is faster than my left because I have always used my right hand for time keeping (Hi-Hat/Ride). Thanks for the food for thought.
Old 2005-12-19, 21:54
Metalhead

Can you repost the video? Also savefile is a good place to upload stuff.
Old 2005-12-19, 22:28
Post-whore

sure your all gonna say something about this but Kevin plays like he's barely done it before. Hes all over the goddamn place, and yes he is good but the 2 videos I got of him are just stupid. He makes me sick bouncing around like a punk drummer or something. Im amazed he doesnt have a dress shirt on or something
Old 2005-12-28, 10:28
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
can someone repost that slayer vid please? thanks
Old 2005-12-31, 14:02
Senior Metalhead

Yeah, I want that vid too please.
Old 2005-12-31, 20:35
Noob lud

Try PMing Younguitarist about it.

Quote:
Old 2006-02-15, 16:20
New Blood

i too did not know too much about him until i found his instructional dvd on ebay, and he got it professionaly printed up now. i messaged him and he told me he has 4 dvds total: instructional, dying fetus live, misery index live, and his slayer audition. the cool thing is that you are buying them directly from him. just email him at ebaykevintalley@yahoo.com and he will sell you all 4 for a package price. the dvds are worth it. it is cool to have dvds for metal drumming because there are not too many out there.

-javier
Old 2006-03-17, 22:13
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to travI56669
Just search for it on you tube, here's one....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XEw...=kevin%20talley
Old 2006-03-19, 12:42
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

I'm downloading that one now.
Old 2006-03-21, 20:39
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to travI56669
Downloading it from where?