Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2005-04-09, 15:45
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfswmart
If you're such a good guitarist, why not get a guitar with a proper trem rather than one of those ridiculously crap bridges?

Go with something like this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...ase_pid/519969/ Despite being almost twice as expensive as the one you're thinking of, a decent guitar will last you a lifetime, whilst a sub-standard guitar will need replacing after a year or so when the progression of your playing skills are being hindered by a poor instrument

Best to invest in something decent now rather than waste $250 on something you won't be playing 18 months down the line

maybe right now i just dont have the money, but if i do a school wide operation i may be able to buy a Jem..... i wish. i just dont have the money, right now i could sell the guitar i got for like $70 max and i have $80 in my pocket, im not gonna have ass the whole summer, for $400 somthing i rather go with the bargen deal now, cuz i really need an amp. im playing out of a damn radio its just i need some left over to buy an amp too
Old 2005-04-09, 16:48
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJM04
maybe right now i just dont have the money, but if i do a school wide operation i may be able to buy a Jem..... i wish. i just dont have the money, right now i could sell the guitar i got for like $70 max and i have $80 in my pocket, im not gonna have ass the whole summer, for $400 somthing i rather go with the bargen deal now, cuz i really need an amp. im playing out of a damn radio its just i need some left over to buy an amp too

Is this guy for real? lol

If you are, I hope your "school wide operation" goes horribly wrong, and then, instead of shopping for guitars online, you will be spending all day and night perfecting your "skin flute" chops behind bars.
Old 2005-04-09, 16:50
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to ukfswmart
I don't understand the appeal of Jems to be perfectly honest. I went to a music academy last year to study music production and too many of the guitar students had Jems, and they didn't sound too hot imo
Old 2005-04-09, 18:09
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
5 yeers
Old 2005-04-09, 18:11
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to k13m
2,7 years, probaly told yalbefore but im drunk and verry bored so

< no wonder hes mad!!
Old 2005-04-09, 18:27
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfswmart
I don't understand the appeal of Jems to be perfectly honest. I went to a music academy last year to study music production and too many of the guitar students had Jems, and they didn't sound too hot imo

the truth is the only thing the people see in jem's are the fretboard inlay.
and yes i am telling the truth well except the school operation, no one to buy, cuz im in middle school. if i become famous im gonna make my own guitar with a better inlay!!!! lol. i like saturn.lol check it out.
http://www.brianmooreguitars.com/Cu...files/frame.htm
fuck my radio just exploded!!DAMN IT!!! well i guess im going accoustic till i get an amp
Old 2005-04-09, 22:41
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
Out of curiosity, can he understand drums, like how a certain beat would be played, even if he lacks the coordination to actually play it?

He understands time signatures and how to use them. He wanted to play drums more than guitar, but that's changing now.
Old 2005-04-09, 22:54
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
the truth is the only thing the people see in jem's are the fretboard inlay.
and yes i am telling the truth well except the school operation, no one to buy, cuz im in middle school. if i become famous im gonna make my own guitar with a better inlay!!!! lol. i like saturn.lol check it out.
http://www.brianmooreguitars.com/Cu...files/frame.htm
fuck my radio just exploded!!DAMN IT!!! well i guess im going accoustic till i get an amp
kid, you are on crack.
but those inlays are pretty impresive. I like the saturn universe one, though i wouldn't spend that much money on them..!
Old 2005-04-09, 23:45
Muffin Ass

Quote:
maybe right now i just dont have the money...
... i wish. i just dont have the money, right now i could sell the guitar i got for like $70 max and i have $80 in my pocket, im not gonna have ass the whole summer....

Rake leaves....cut grass....wash cars....etc etc.
You'd be amazed at how much $$$ a young fella can make if it's taken seriously and not wasted on playstation games.

Old 2005-04-10, 00:02
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Vardanstalt
1 year 7 months

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

teh myspace
Old 2005-04-10, 00:11
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
Rake leaves....cut grass....wash cars....etc etc.
You'd be amazed at how much $$$ a young fella can make if it's taken seriously and not wasted on playstation games.

but..
how will you get money for playstation games?
Old 2005-04-10, 00:23
Muffin Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
but..
how will you get money for playstation games?

Hmmm....beg, borrow, steal?

LOL
Old 2005-04-10, 00:27
Senior Metalhead

just over a year & a half. i began by trying to discipline myself to learn chords, and after learning open chords, i decided why bother since nothing i like uses traditional chords. i've gotten a lot better in the last 8 months since i said fuck it and accepted using powerchords in order to move on to picking technique.
i've been learning riffs from songs i like, but not really sat down to learn an entire song. i look at certain riffs as exercises to teach certain techniques.. for example, in trying to master the verse part of Old Man's Child's "My Demonic Figures," i'm learning how to stretch back down the neck from my pinky (hope that makes sense).
Old 2005-04-10, 00:33
Muffin Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangledMortalCoil
.... i've gotten a lot better in the last 8 months since i said fuck it and accepted using powerchords in order to move on to picking technique.

..... i'm learning how to stretch back down the neck from my pinky (hope that makes sense).

Shit...all I do are power chords...pretty good at em too and they bring me all the joy I search for in jamming.

I STILL can barely use my little finger......too weak and hurts after three or four songs......and I have been jammin about 5 years....3 seriously.

But like I mentioned.....I am so happy when jamming.....my progress is where I want it to be.....cant wait to see how well I jam in another 5.
Old 2005-04-10, 02:29
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
Shit...all I do are power chords...pretty good at em too and they bring me all the joy I search for in jamming.

that's all that matters. i look at my friend who is just learning to play and how much trouble he has with power chords, especially chaining them together within rhythm. you realize what seems so easy now was not so easy back then.

Quote:
I STILL can barely use my little finger......too weak and hurts after three or four songs......and I have been jammin about 5 years....3 seriously.

well, i can use my little finger moving away from the headstock.. in other words, say i have my index finger on the first fret, i can use my little finger to reach out for the forth or fifth frets.. or even moving up and down strings. however, i find it hard to begin with my little finger on say like the 10th fret and then fret notes back toward the headstock without taking my little finger off the fret.. getting better though. i try to use reaching my fingers more than sliding when possible.

as much as i despise The Offspring, i always thought that little egyptian sounding riff in "come out and play" was kinda neat, and learning that part and playing it a million times built up strength and skill in my little finger. now i'm trying to use that Old Man's Child song to make my little finger effective in the opposite direction.

EDIT: scales help a ton, too!!

Quote:
But like I mentioned.....I am so happy when jamming.....my progress is where I want it to be.....cant wait to see how well I jam in another 5.

no shit!
Old 2005-04-10, 02:45
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to lamb_of_god Send a message via Yahoo to lamb_of_god
6 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.

Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology
Old 2005-04-11, 09:19
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia

Well I play classical I can't afford skipping on anything I don't know much anything about powerchords. All the excercise are helping in the past three months cause my pinky is one of the fingers I use the most because I know it's weak I train the hell out of it. In the last couple days training on my classical guitar with switching chords on my electric it's a breeze. As far as my progress I'll never be satisfied i'll be happy but i will always want more.
Old 2005-04-11, 14:56
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by estringrev
Well I play classical I can't afford skipping on anything I don't know much anything about powerchords. All the excercise are helping in the past three months cause my pinky is one of the fingers I use the most because I know it's weak I train the hell out of it. In the last couple days training on my classical guitar with switching chords on my electric it's a breeze. As far as my progress I'll never be satisfied i'll be happy but i will always want more.

scales will help u get ur pinky into shape or that grip thing, i forgot what its called but i got one and its alot of fun.
Old 2005-04-11, 14:58
Post-whore

Quote:
scales will help u get ur pinky into shape or that grip thing, i forgot what its called but i got one and its alot of fun.

thats good that u want more. just wait till u play infront of people. they'll be very amazed. so just practice till u bleed a bit.
Old 2005-04-11, 15:38
Post-whore

Quote:
thats good that u want more. just wait till u play infront of people. they'll be very amazed. so just practice till u bleed a bit.

why the fuck are you quoting your self, and how long have you actually been learning guitar?