MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 2005-06-05, 20:18
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
Ok, some are way easier.

I would say that if you join and want to be an officer then join the supply corp. Supply officers might work 4 hours a week. Easy easy.
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 2005-06-05, 20:35
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723

Last edited by blizzard_beast : 2005-06-05 at 21:06.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 2005-06-05, 21:09
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
b_b--You're liable to get into it and absolutely love it. Figure out what you'd like to do and talk to some x-military people if you can in the branch you're interested in so you hear pros and cons. If you aren't 100% sure then take your time. You never know what exact situation you'll be in.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 2005-06-05, 21:18
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
Haha the army's a long way away for me yet. I'm planning to join after Uni, at around 21. Thanks for your advice though mom.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 2005-06-06, 00:06
philkilla's Avatar
philkilla philkilla is offline
Crusher of Skulls
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere down the road
Posts: 2,188
Send a message via AIM to philkilla Send a message via MSN to philkilla Send a message via Yahoo to philkilla
Kind of funny I stumbled across this page tonight. I've been debating a lot about getting out or staying in lately (the army)...because I have one year left to do. I could get out and pursue a career in music, go to college for computers or whatever...or I could re-enlist and go Special Forces. Tough decision. There is always the chance I could get called up on the inactive reserve within the next 4 years..if I did decide to get out...which would brutally suck ass.

On the army side, I am about to make E-5 (sergeant) in my third year of duty, which is pretty good if I do say so myself...Soulinsane's opinion would shed more light.

Also, I just completed Air Assault training, where I learned how to rappel out of helicopters at 90 feet and above in combat situations....pretty intense shit. In a way, that opened my eyes to more of the potential I have in the army....which could take me a long ways....
So I've come a long way, but I don't know what to do now....its very difficult to decide....

I want to devote my life to guitar as well....so thats where the crossroads begin....I'm stuck here

As far as some of you youngins....(lol) thinking about joining, maybe you should consider it. It has done a lot of good things for me in the past 3 years...helped me grow up a lot...learn responsibilty and respect. As well as develop as more of a person....well....take it however you will.
__________________


My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us


Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 2005-06-06, 00:18
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
Where are you serving Philkilla? Special Forces? What unit?
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 2005-06-06, 00:21
philkilla's Avatar
philkilla philkilla is offline
Crusher of Skulls
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere down the road
Posts: 2,188
Send a message via AIM to philkilla Send a message via MSN to philkilla Send a message via Yahoo to philkilla
I'm not in SF...I'm just thinking of it right now. I'm in el paso...fort bliss to be exact. Part of all the patriot missle crap...and I hate this shit with a passion. I know the rest of the army isn't like it here...but its fuckin gay here...lol. Right now I am serving in Charlie 1/44 AMD Battalion...if that helps any
__________________


My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us


Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 2005-06-06, 17:59
Zertonshfits's Avatar
Zertonshfits Zertonshfits is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Down the street from nHoE
Posts: 1,716
im going to Musicians Institute and becoming a studio artist so i can ad a human aspect to music these days ( ) or going to millitary stuff... probably Navy or Army... if i cant play guitar il get blown up!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeRiffseveryone
im 50 percent irish and 100 percent pain. (SHAKE DOWN!!!!)


NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 2005-06-06, 18:37
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertonshfits
im going to Musicians Institute and becoming a studio artist so i can ad a human aspect to music these days ( ) or going to millitary stuff... probably Navy or Army... if i cant play guitar il get blown up!


Oh brother...Canada here I come!

A human aspect to music? I'd say that's done unless you're a bird.... and actually my cockatiel is singing away right now. Silly bird.

I'm just messing with you. What field would you like to get into militarywise?

philla--First of all thanks for what you do. "In a way, that opened my eyes to more of the potential I have in the army....which could take me a long ways....So I've come a long way..." That's basically what I was saying to blizzard_beast. As far as you getting into guitar more, Bob talked about opening a guitar shop when he gets out of the Navy. He'll probably work at a power plant or something to do with them, but that's years away right now. He said he might do that just for fun. He still plays a lot and wants to take more theory lessons. I'm glad of that.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 2005-06-06, 18:50
Bia's Avatar
Bia Bia is offline
Muffin Ass
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sugar Britches
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla666
Kind of funny I stumbled across this page tonight. I've been debating a lot about getting out or staying in lately (the army)...because I have one year left to do. I could get out and pursue a career in music, go to college for computers or whatever...or I could re-enlist and go Special Forces. Tough decision. There is always the chance I could get called up on the inactive reserve within the next 4 years..if I did decide to get out...which would brutally suck ass.

On the army side, I am about to make E-5 (sergeant) in my third year of duty, which is pretty good if I do say so myself...Soulinsane's opinion would shed more light.

Also, I just completed Air Assault training, where I learned how to rappel out of helicopters at 90 feet and above in combat situations....pretty intense shit. In a way, that opened my eyes to more of the potential I have in the army....which could take me a long ways....
So I've come a long way, but I don't know what to do now....its very difficult to decide....

I want to devote my life to guitar as well....so thats where the crossroads begin....I'm stuck here

As far as some of you youngins....(lol) thinking about joining, maybe you should consider it. It has done a lot of good things for me in the past 3 years...


You know...My Father was a Master Gunney and did quite well for almost 3 decades. I was born as he was retiring. He had many talents he developed during those years so I'd say stick in there and keep guitar as a part of you always. There is alot of honor in serving...especially enlisted guys!
My dad wasnt fond of most officers...heh heh

What you say about other young people joining...I agree, though I'm not cut out for it it has huge potential in alot of young peoples lives.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 2005-06-06, 21:17
low-tech's Avatar
low-tech low-tech is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: providence
Posts: 1,863
i think the major thing about serving in the military now is seeing combat, its one thing to serve during peacetime,get an education, move on with those skills, its another to get shipped to iraq and fight a war on that magnitude, come back and move on

so i was wondering, since we have people in the military on this site, what do you all think about the wars in iraq and afganistan? do you know people out there? have you heard firsthand accounts from people coming back?
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 2005-06-06, 22:04
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
Well I came back and I will never be the same. It sucks over there. I freak out sometimes because I just feel very scared without any reason. I'm getting help, but they say I will have to deal with it forever. Feels kinda cool sometimes though.
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 2005-06-06, 22:59
Kylito Kylito is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where the slime live...
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Well I came back and I will never be the same. It sucks over there. I freak out sometimes because I just feel very scared without any reason. I'm getting help, but they say I will have to deal with it forever. Feels kinda cool sometimes though.

Wearing CBR suits 24/7?

You never left the ship did you? I was floating in the Gulf during Operation Desert Strike doing 6 on 6 off missile/radar console watch, but that was nothing compared to what's going on now. We had a full band setup in one of the radar spaces I was in charge of and played two concerts on the flight deck. You got anything like that going?
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 2005-06-07, 13:11
Bia's Avatar
Bia Bia is offline
Muffin Ass
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sugar Britches
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
i think the major thing about serving in the military now is seeing combat, its one thing to serve during peacetime,get an education, move on with those skills, its another to get shipped to iraq and fight a war on that magnitude, come back and move on...
...have you heard firsthand accounts from people coming back?


If you have the time...this is PBS documentary about the average combat soldier comming home. It's streaming video and can be watched in either RealPlayer or Windows Media Player format. Commercial free and about an hour broke down ito 4 parts. High and low bandwidth options.
I enjoyed it and leaned much from it.


A Soldiers Heart - Comming Home Aired March 1st 2005


FYI. streaming vids can get quite annoying with lagging. I suggest if you watch it...use the realplayer mode and pause it as it starts...wait about 5 minutes...it will load way ahead of the stream and you can view uninterupted.

Last edited by Bia : 2005-06-07 at 13:16.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 2005-06-07, 13:29
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
Wearing CBR suits 24/7?

You never left the ship did you? I was floating in the Gulf during Operation Desert Strike doing 6 on 6 off missile/radar console watch, but that was nothing compared to what's going on now. We had a full band setup in one of the radar spaces I was in charge of and played two concerts on the flight deck. You got anything like that going?


That might be difficult on a sub. They'd do things like that on the FF's and birdfarms that Denny was on.

Bob's on a surge boat he told me today so they have to be ready to go at a drop of the hat. Is that standard ballastics proceedure? Or should I be worrying about something new now?
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 2005-06-07, 16:12
low-tech's Avatar
low-tech low-tech is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: providence
Posts: 1,863
i may know a dude out there in the army, he served in bosnia, not sure if he was sent, last time i talked to him was a few years ago and he said something to the effect that he may be sent, i think, it was awhile ago and my memory is fuzzy. beyond that i dont know anyone there, and all i know about the war is what the news tells me, and i dont trust any of it.

so yeah, sorry to hear that shit soulinsane, didnt mean to touch a nerve
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 2005-06-07, 19:50
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
It's no problem. I'll be fine in the long run. Others are in far worse shape then me. I still have all my fingers and other body parts. I just had way to much stress while over there for Afganistan and the first part of Iraq. I think I had 6 hours of sleep in 7 months while over there. Having shit shot at the ship, standing 6/6 hour watches, having qualifications, Joanna being pregnant back home alone, being at Battle Stations with all that damn CBR gear for countless hours, never sleeping, near constant manover board drills, and never sleeping just had it's price on me I just got stuck in a "fight or flight" mode one day and it never went away. Great while in battle but hard to live with when safe back home. I'm not 100% disabled or anything, I just have to keep a handle on it.
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2005-06-07 at 19:52.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 2005-06-07, 20:32
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
If you were asked to go back, would you? I'm just curious.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 2005-06-07, 21:01
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
Sure, I'd go. I got to go back one more time as it is, perhaps. I would be back in a environment that works well for me. I hate it but love it at the same time. I will just make it a point to sleep and relax more once I go back. Even a War zone or a mosh pit is best suited for me I'm normal in those places.
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 2005-06-08, 05:56
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I can't imagine the adrenelin and other stuff that goes through the body during situations like you've been through. Were you on a sub when you went before or a ship? I don't know why I was thinking you were on a sub, too, but I think I was errored in that.
I'd asked about the "surge boat" thing recently, but you never answered, but I talked to Bob yesterday and he said it's not normal proceedure so I don't know what's up with that. I didn't ask any more questions. He did say he's going on a long cruise soon though.
to you guys.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.