Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2005-04-09, 13:24
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
***John asked me this question on another post in a gear thread because he is joining the Air Force soon. My response would have totally derailed that thread, so I have moved it here...

Let me give you the lowdown of what I went through. The Air Force is reportedly a little more slack than army/navy/marines, but should be fairly similar at least.

Boot camp- First off, you won't have much contact with

thats about how far i got in reading this. anyway, if the thread was a question as to wether or not i/anyone would be joining, the answer for me is FUCK NO!

edit: i will NEVER serve this country. or any other.
Old 2005-04-09, 14:02
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Brutal

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2005-04-09, 18:13
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
thats about how far i got in reading this. anyway, if the thread was a question as to wether or not i/anyone would be joining, the answer for me is FUCK NO!

edit: i will NEVER serve this country. or any other.

Praise Jesus Hallelujah! Another useless citizen!
Don't worry bro. If and/or when you pay taxes you will in fact be serving your country just like everyone else does... (Assuming there IS a federal tax "In the Forest of Moonlight". )

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Brutal

Brutal? Weak is more like it. I won't be thinking of this wimp next time I listen to "Do or Die" by Testament...
Old 2005-04-09, 18:25
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
Why join the Army?!?!
You're just defending the man, man!
Old 2005-04-09, 19:10
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to walpurgis Send a message via AIM to walpurgis Send a message via MSN to walpurgis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
You know Chris, I have no ideal who removes dangerious animal from training grounds. I'm sure someone has to do it.

Funny story: While I was in South Carolina for nuke school, my command had major issues with insects and reptiles on the base. My school was built right on a swamp loaded with aligators, snakes, and bugs. There was small pond right in front of the school and a big aligator decided to live there. There was only 1 road in or out of the school and it went right by the pond. Well the aligator would come out of the water and warm up on the road for hours most days. This caused traffic to back up and no one could get in or out. On the running trails there was swamp on the left and right of the paths and you could see aligators and snakes while running. The bugs were the worst though imo. We were their main food and you couldn't go anywhere with out them following you.

That gator was awesome, I think I saw more reptiles there than attractive women. Not trying to say all chicks in the navy are ugly, but a damn good amount of the nukes are. I also must comment on the good memories that the map of Ballston Spa brought up. There's lots of people actually in Ballston Spa that have no idea that there are nuclear reactors there, and it's not really even a big secret. I downloaded an aerial picture of the site from somewhere on the internet.

Anyway, more on the actual topic. Nothing in the military is that hard to achieve, provided you have a degree of motivation and can dedicate yourself to the benefit of a greater cause than just yourself. It can do an awful lot for you, right now I'm 14 classes away from my bachelor's in Nuclear Engineering, and I've never stepped foot in a college. Most of my remaining classes I can either take for free or test out of anyhow. Additionally, I've found quite a feeling of pride in the fact that I have been trusted with very secret information, and have run a nuclear reactor, and I just hit 21. I'd say that's a pretty big accomplishment, since I'm not very far along in life yet. I can't say that I'd be happy doing anything aside from the nuclear field, most of the other things I've seen in the Navy would be boring for me, but I'm lucky I got into what I wanted. Not every part of the navy is wonderful, and it's damn hard to say goodbye to your loved ones over and over again, but I know it's the best decision I've ever made, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Oh, by the way, PETA is pissed at the navy because we keep testing our torpedoes on the dolphins...they sure as shit can't outrun a submarine

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.
Old 2005-04-10, 12:24
Post-whore

for some reason i seem to know a lot of people who ve been in the army, tis weird, all my philosophy teachers seem to have been in the army at some time which is very weird

Sold my shit, now its time to PARTY!!!!!
Old 2005-04-10, 12:37
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
Praise Jesus Hallelujah! Another useless citizen!
Don't worry bro. If and/or when you pay taxes you will in fact be serving your country just like everyone else does... (Assuming there IS a federal tax "In the Forest of Moonlight". )

Brutal? Weak is more like it. I won't be thinking of this wimp next time I listen to "Do or Die" by Testament...

yes, i am a VERY useless citizen. i have yet to pay taxes. and when that time comes it will be ONLY because taxes will be automatically drawn from my paycheck. so, actually, the company i work for will be serving my country for me. and the raise they plan on giving me when this happens will make it so that my paycheck amount will not decrease due to this fucking horrid thing called tax. Im not fucking serving my country. And there is NO tax in this forest of moonlight, bitch.
Old 2005-04-10, 13:29
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
yes, i am a VERY useless citizen. i have yet to pay taxes. and when that time comes it will be ONLY because taxes will be automatically drawn from my paycheck. so, actually, the company i work for will be serving my country for me. and the raise they plan on giving me when this happens will make it so that my paycheck amount will not decrease due to this fucking horrid thing called tax. Im not fucking serving my country. And there is NO tax in this forest of moonlight, bitch.

Right on Dragon. Seriously, as long as you're into extreme metal you're alright with me. If you had wasted your time reading this thread you would have seen that I'm ambivalent towards the military in a love/hate kind of fashion...
Old 2005-04-10, 13:33
Legio Draconorum Orkian

though i do nothing with my time, it still seems precious. i would have read your long post, but it was on a topic im not too fond of.
Old 2005-04-11, 00:15
Post-whore

the navy shoots dolphins with torpedos?, i thought the recent outrage was some big sonar tests off the coast of west africa, people think its connected to why alot of whales were beaching themselves in that area, it all happened at the same time, it made the news for awhile couple months back, animal rights groups were pissed off
Old 2005-04-11, 14:05
MotörCat

Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
pfft people would try and link anything

"so and so farted at the exact moment the pope died! he killed the pope and hes anti-christian!"
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Old 2005-04-11, 19:58
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to walpurgis Send a message via AIM to walpurgis Send a message via MSN to walpurgis
Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
the navy shoots dolphins with torpedos?, i thought the recent outrage was some big sonar tests off the coast of west africa, people think its connected to why alot of whales were beaching themselves in that area, it all happened at the same time, it made the news for awhile couple months back, animal rights groups were pissed off

If you honestly think that the Navy shoots dolphins with torpedoes then you're about fucking retarded. I'm going to hope that you were kidding, so if you weren't, please don't tell me

Anyway, as far as the actual outrage, I haven't heard anything about it, so it must not concern us submariners too much.

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.
Old 2005-04-11, 21:59
Post-whore

it was a question asked in all skepicism. the things ive heard pertains to the sonar usage as it affects whales, as far as the navy shooting dolphins, seems unlikely but then again sometimes real ugly shit happens,you know like military CO's torturing prisoners to death, not suppose to happen but it did
Old 2005-04-12, 13:35
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I don't know the details, but I've heard that the US Navy uses dolphins for certain things because of their intelligence and mobility.
Wally's bro told me there's a good article in the current Natl. Geographic on orcas. They are actually dolphins and not whales. I did not know that.

Wally, you're the shit. It's kind of weird to have your sons as role models, but hey, we're not a normal family. (Speaking of --"Gayson's" here.)

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2005-04-12, 14:34
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
I don't know the details, but I've heard that the US Navy uses dolphins for certain things because of their intelligence and mobility.

That is true. I know a girl who trains dolphins for the Navy here in San Diego.

Whether or not it goes beyond basic reconnaissance, mine sweeping, and bomb detection is something that no one can ever tell you without having to send highly trained dolphins to kill you!!!!!
Old 2005-06-05, 19:05
Post-whore

What's the easiest job in the Armed Forces?
Old 2005-06-05, 20:00
Pirate Lawd

I don't think any of them are easy.
Old 2005-06-05, 20:03
Post-whore

Well I'm sure there are a few in which you don't need to have all your brain cells operating to do. I'm thinking of joining after University, just to get some cash.
Old 2005-06-05, 20:08
MotörCat

Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
I don't think any of them are easy.

yes they are, some people get paid to run the on base recycling places, where as others deal with high tech nuclear shit. now which is easer
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Old 2005-06-05, 20:17
Post-whore

That's the spirit GD! Come up with some more ideas..

Basically my aim is to work the least amount possible for three years while being fed, clothed, housed and paid roughly £14,000 a year.