MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 2005-03-30, 13:50
Pirate Lawd

You know Chris, I have no ideal who removes dangerious animal from training grounds. I'm sure someone has to do it.

Funny story: While I was in South Carolina for nuke school, my command had major issues with insects and reptiles on the base. My school was built right on a swamp loaded with aligators, snakes, and bugs. There was small pond right in front of the school and a big aligator decided to live there. There was only 1 road in or out of the school and it went right by the pond. Well the aligator would come out of the water and warm up on the road for hours most days. This caused traffic to back up and no one could get in or out. On the running trails there was swamp on the left and right of the paths and you could see aligators and snakes while running. The bugs were the worst though imo. We were their main food and you couldn't go anywhere with out them following you.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2005-03-30 at 13:53.
Old 2005-03-30, 15:22
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I remember Wally talking about that gator. We were hoping we'd see it when we went to graduation down there.

heehee maybe he'll see Bigfoot while he's up in Seattle. Yeti man and Bigfoot. Wow.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2005-03-30, 15:33
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Do they need herpetologists in the military? I'm sure if they do I could make a lot money working for them than I could working at a museum or serpentarium or something. Maybe they need somebody in Florida to remove venomous animals from natural training grounds (i.e woods, swamps, etc.)?

That's an interesting question Chris. I imagine the prevailing theory would be that any dangerous animals in a battlezone would just be shot outright. As far as peacetime encounters, they would probably called civilians in like you. Maybe just hand out your card to the local bases so they know who to call...

I do recall a lot of weird things happening with respect to the public zoo animals in Kuwait during the gulf war. I believe a lot of them were eaten by hungry homeless people.
Old 2005-03-30, 15:56
Post-whore

military service is no longer mandatory here but if it was, i would have no problem running away to another country just to avoid it.

everyone i know (aside from gun maniac rednecks) said it was the biggest waste of time in their lives.
Old 2005-03-30, 17:03
MotörCat

Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
can someone confirm this? I heard that if there was a draft here (yes i know its almost never going to be pulled but..) i heard that after vietnam usa and canada made a pact that if people run away to canada to avoid the draft, that the candian gov will help track them down and send them back. this true?
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Old 2005-03-30, 17:56
Post-whore

if we invade another country there probably will be a draft, but thats not gonna happen until we can withdraw from iraq or afganistan,until those places are secure, there just has been alot of people gone awol in canada,people who are deffecting or whatnot,and knowing how tv news is so unreliable you cant really tell if this is significant or just some small number of cases as what happens during a war. vietnam was such an orchestrated cabal that people by and large sympathized with the young people dodging the draft, i think clinton actually gave them amnesty or something 30 years after the fact, most politicians found ways to get out of the draft, the whole thing will instantly become a nightmare if it happens, alot the democrats have been hyping this exactly coz it suits thier position during election time, its a card up thier sleeve
Old 2005-03-30, 18:07
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to Bass_slapped_2_death Send a message via MSN to Bass_slapped_2_death Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_slapped_2_death
i'm in the military and i'll just say one thing about it. Do not believe anything you hear on the news.
Old 2005-03-30, 22:51
Post-whore

Just remember: "An Army of One.."
Old 2005-03-30, 23:22
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
The only thing I see as cool in the military is the chance to get your rank up really high and start working at area 51. that would kick ass. though, thats probably really hard to get that high, but it would be cool.

HANGER 18!

Sorry.. couldnt help it

And Soul.. the aliens are there.. just look for Vic, he'll hook ya up.

http://www.megadeth.com/news/pr/images/vic_papers.jpg

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2005-03-31, 01:29
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

A draft's unlikely. Also, Canada recently signed an extradition treaty with the US, which means that draft-dodgers can't run there. However, by 'recently' I mean 'a year or two ago;' as recently as 15 years ago there was a big legal battle over Charles Ng, and Canada only sent him back over because they didn't want to get a reputation for harboring serial killers. But draft dodgers would be in Ng's company now. Not that there's going to be a draft.
Old 2005-03-31, 01:33
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SmotPoker
I think you can avoid the draft by breaking a finger, for a while atleast. or shooting yourself in the leg or somthing.
Old 2005-03-31, 01:58
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

You are correct; if you break your finger or shoot yourself in the leg, you won't be drafted. I suggest trying it. I'm willing to guarantee that you won't get drafted, if you break your finger or shoot yourself in the leg. Go try it. C'mon; what's some pain compared to avoiding being drafted? Don't waste time; shoot yourself today!
Old 2005-03-31, 02:16
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SmotPoker
HAhahA awsome thanx D00d. noW i dont have to DIE
Old 2005-03-31, 15:06
MotörCat

Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
just because you get drafted doesnt make you automatically dead
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Old 2005-03-31, 16:27
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass_slapped_2_death
i'm in the military ...

What branch are you in?
Old 2005-04-01, 01:11
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmotPoker
I think you can avoid the draft by breaking a finger, for a while atleast. or shooting yourself in the leg or somthing.

You wouldn't want to break a finger and have it affect ur guitar playing, go for the leg.....yeah definately the leg.
Old 2005-04-01, 02:09
Muffin Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
You wouldn't want to break a finger and have it affect ur guitar playing, go for the leg.....yeah definately the leg.

Exactly.

And IF any of you do shoot yourself.....I wanna see pics damnit!
Old 2005-04-01, 10:01
Pirate Lawd

It just amazes me that people are willing to maim themselves for life just to avoid a little work. I could rant about dishonor, cowardice, and other stuff like that but it really doesn't matter since there will never be another draft. If it every comes to the point that the US needs extra people to defend our country from invasion of something, the US will just nuke the planet and kill everyone anyway. It would be easier than trying to get folks to defend themselves.
Old 2005-04-07, 12:30
Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to CRADLEofMIKE
go for it, join the military. i joined the marines, didnt even regret my decision during boot camp, its good shit.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darko
Baahahaha! There was a 75$ contest for who could come up with the best shirt idea. I submited "Hit it before the hair does" with a picture of a baby with its thumb up...they never replied. Bastards..
haha you sick bastard
Old 2005-04-07, 15:53
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
It just amazes me that people are willing to maim themselves for life just to avoid a little work. I could rant about dishonor, cowardice, and other stuff like that but it really doesn't matter since there will never be another draft. If it every comes to the point that the US needs extra people to defend our country from invasion of something, the US will just nuke the planet and kill everyone anyway. It would be easier than trying to get folks to defend themselves.

Nobody is going to shoot themselves to prevent having to repel an invasion. How would that even work? People are talking about injuring themselves to avoid being sent somewhere for another phony fucking Bush war or another Vietnam. People don't want to be sent to a foreign country that is no threat to us in any way just to die for some fucking fat cats.

I doubt you'd find many men not willing to take up arms if there were a legitimate threat of invasion.