MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 2005-03-29, 23:02
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
People will believe you too and send you hate mail, threaten your life, and protest you all for the sake of love and world peace. Seens some PETA freaks here are convinced that the Navy has been harponing whales or something lately

PeTA ... Those are some vicious people. Truly vicious. Dressing up like chickens and cows and mollifying children ...

Are PeTA really petitioning the Navy, for allegedly destroying aquatic wildlife? That e is lowercase for a reason ...
Old 2005-03-29, 23:03
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pandemonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
Maybe that's what happens in 2060 A.D. on your population chart in your sig???

The great Attention Deficit Disaster. Yes, that would be great for the Earth's sake for sure...

I haven't done any serious research on ADD, but my impression of the situation is that they hand these drugs out like candy to the parents of any kids who are hyperactive. Of course my opinion is largely based on the South Park episode which covered that topic.

Hehe, I hope not...that would be a pretty lame way for the human race to go.
Old 2005-03-29, 23:04
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
The only thing I see as cool in the military is the chance to get your rank up really high and start working at area 51. that would kick ass. though, thats probably really hard to get that high, but it would be cool.

I have been to the so called area 51's Freaking cool top secret stuff with deep underground bunkers, but no aliens All I could hear in my head was Megadeth playing Hanger 18. You don't have to be a very high rank to get in but you have to have a very detaled security investigation. Doesn't matter if you are the President; if you don't have clearence then you don't get near the places.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2005-03-29 at 23:06.
Old 2005-03-29, 23:06
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Navy RTC is no joke, but you are there to learn about the Navy and not there to be beat on for the fun of the Navy. Some say it is a easy and others find it too hard. It's all opinion, but one thing for sure is that it takes work. I seen even the smallest, soft, passive girls and boys go in and come out as assertive, confident, women and men. It is a place that people can learn about themself and better themself to work as a team, or just leave. I don't want anyone in the U.S. Navy that isn't willing to put the effort into get through boot camp.

This is absolutely correct. I have focused mainly on personal experiences and bad things to avoid in my previous posts, but this is the heart of what you will gain from the experience if you choose to do it. The point is if you choose to join, then stand up and face the challenge. I worked my ass off all the way through and I am a better man for it and far more independent than I was before the military. The biggest danger I would have faced in a war would have been Exocets or Silkworms or other similar anti-ship missiles. Since my battle station was on the RAM self-defense missile launcher controls and our policy was to have the system fully armed and the keys in possession of the watchstander, I felt somewhat in control of my destiny (I also got to launch three of these missiles at test drones which fucking rocked ). While you are there people come and go and your environment constantly changes. You have to learn to deal with what you are given and make shit happen MacGyver style all the fucking time because the supply system is slow as shit during peacetime. I also want to mention that people like Bia's dad love their jobs and they are damn good at it. I know a lot of guys who did the full 20 years and are outstanding well-adjusted human beings. The risk is that this something you will find out after joining. You cannot assume when you join that you will like it or dislike it when you sign up. Your future work environment in the military is largely not up to you in any conventional sense and is definitely a gamble. This is part of the reason you will typically be rotated to a new job every 3 to 5 years if you stay in. If you are in a chaotic and ridiculous work environment like I was, you will get to roll the dice of fate after a few years and hopefully get a better station next time.
Old 2005-03-29, 23:15
Banned

Quote:
This is part of the reason you will typically be rotated to a new job every 3 to 5 years if you stay in. If you are in a chaotic and ridiculous work environment like I was, you will get to roll the dice of fate after a few years and hopefully get a better station next time.

I'll take a strenuous military environment ( although it seems as if mine will be significantly lax ) over a facist fundamentalist household that bans all and everything resembling heavy metal and censures all views contrary to xtianity.
Old 2005-03-29, 23:21
MotörCat

Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
Quote:
You don't have to be a very high rank to get in but you have to have a very detaled security investigation. Doesn't matter if you are the President; if you don't have clearence then you don't get near the places.

my uncle could probably get in, he had a pretty high security clearance (he was intelligiance officer so...)

but yea man hanger 18 in area 51
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Old 2005-03-29, 23:24
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
Quote:
I have been to the so called area 51's Freaking cool top secret stuff with deep underground bunkers, but no aliens All I could hear in my head was Megadeth playing Hanger 18. You don't have to be a very high rank to get in but you have to have a very detaled security investigation. Doesn't matter if you are the President; if you don't have clearence then you don't get near the places.
you just didnt see the aliens...
Old 2005-03-29, 23:26
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
you just didnt see the aliens...

No way they were hiding, because I was looking... I looked everywhere and no aliens

Edit: I would think that if there are aliens that come to Earth they wouldn't let us keep some of them. I think they would save them. Send in their alien SEAL team to get them back or something.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2005-03-29 at 23:29.
Old 2005-03-29, 23:30
MotörCat

Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
alian seal team
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Old 2005-03-29, 23:32
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
area 51 is too public any ways.
i bet theres another alien-filled base somewhere else which they moved all the alien stuff from area 51. Area 51 is just a decoy for the public!!

Soul, find this mystery base, and report back!
Old 2005-03-29, 23:32
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
I'll take a strenuous military environment ( although it seems as if mine will be significantly lax ) over a facist fundamentalist household that bans all and everything resembling heavy metal and censures all views contrary to xtianity.

Oh, definitely. People like you, me, and Soulinsane have clear definitions of who we are and who we want to be. You will find that you are not alone in the military. No matter how shitty your job might turn out to be (usually a result of lame managers and whiny bitch-ass co-workers) you will find at least a few people you can see eye to eye with and because of that the bad elements will just become a running joke and will eventually fade into oblivion. You will never see the assholes again and you and your friends will stay in contact for years to come and laugh about all the insanity.

And don't start thinking your job will be lax. Aircraft are the most fragile and well cared for systems in the military by a long shot. Pilots and crew are placing their lives in your hands and you will be expected to maintain an incredibly high level of quality assurance and attention to detail. The guys who work on aviation electronics are some of the most overworked and broadly experienced guys I know.
Old 2005-03-29, 23:41
Banned

Quote:
The guys who work on aviation electronics are some of the most overworked and broadly experienced guys I know.

Yes, I just told my supposed parents the other day there's a very good chance I'm not coming home on the thirty day leave. Mad fuckers, they are, that they'll have no one to harass

The thing is though, I'm joining the Air Force Reserve, and I'm going to take a civilian job ( ideally a librarian --- I love books ), and that's where I'm saying my job might be lax. After I leave technical training, I'll be doing the weekend only thing until I get a civillian job ( and from among at least 152 given vacancies, one of those are bound to be open ).
Old 2005-03-29, 23:41
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
area 51 is too public any ways.
i bet theres another alien-filled base somewhere else which they moved all the alien stuff from area 51. Area 51 is just a decoy for the public!!

Soul, find this mystery base, and report back!

Like I said, I have been in the 'so called Area 51's'. Many places exist that are secret. They are not on most maps and are surrounded with large amounts of land to make it harder to find. Look at some maps and you might see roads that just stop and there are no roads that go though a big blank area. That could very well could be a secret area.

Edit: look in the upper left hand corner of this map See anything? There are roads there but not on the map.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2005-03-29 at 23:49.
Old 2005-03-30, 06:00
Post-whore

i drove by that area51 during a tour<as close from the highway i mean> went to the roswell museum<most low budget museum ever>looked around up in the sky......nothing

i remember reading an article about the roswell incident that was interesting, it was an actual balloon test, thing is, when one of the things crashed, the military actually played up the UFO story just to obscure the fact they were testing something that altho was not of upmost secrecy and importance, still nontheless something they prefer out of the publics notice. the ufo story brought a little more attention than they expected, so they backtracked, admitted what it was,told the truth,THEN got accused of a cover-up,truth is the ufo story itself was the cover-up for the balloons, obviously not the other way around. totally amazing

im an advid reader of whitney striber and other ufo abduction book, and no, i dont believe in aliens whatsoever, i just love detailed,emotion long winded fabrications that make excellent suspense fiction, i dont recommend it to anyone, i just like reading the stuff nowadays coz i had a HUGE fear of alien abductions for some reason when i was young
Old 2005-03-30, 07:40
Muffin Ass

Quote:
You completely did not understand what I had just written. That is clear, given your response that objectively has no conceivable correlation to what I had written.

I am angry that you would suggest my condition that requires medication does'nt exist, when in fact it does. Comparing today's civilization to those thousands of years ago to villify the taking of medication, and to invalidate the condition known as Attention Deficit Disorder, is blatantly stupid. That is why I "overreacted" with childish and overemotional facts and data.

You must have ADD because you cant read correctly.
I merely suggested it's been discussed by minds much more educated than ours that ADD meds are overprescribed....as much as by 70%.

I NEVER said anything about anyone specific......and since that was clear and you wanna flip out ON me over a statement......yes...I believe you are one of those few that cant concentrate very well.
Old 2005-03-30, 08:20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
You must have ADD because you cant read correctly.
I merely suggested it's been discussed by minds much more educated than ours that ADD meds are overprescribed....as much as by 70%.

I NEVER said anything about anyone specific......and since that was clear and you wanna flip out ON me over a statement......yes...I believe you are one of those few that cant concentrate very well.

Oh yes, since I can finish a 300 page book in thirty minutes, a feat that I doubt you can replicate, I obviously have a huge problem reading

Speaking of such, you deleted both of your posts detailing your previous arguments, quite charming. I think speaking to me specifically in your first post ( which has been conveniantly deleted for the purposes of argument, I see ), qualifies as saying 'anything about anyone specific'. You Bia, are a master of sophism and of fallacious rapport.

Whenever your statement is asisine, ignorant and misinformed, and when its about me, yes, I just might get a tad angry. And I think I'm entitled to that anger.

Yes, it has been discussed by educated minds, but don't rush in the results of that one study, as there have been thousands of studies done, with the great debate unresolved, by these minds 'much more educated than ours'. For every one study claiming ADD medication is a fruitless venture, there is another, by equally reputable researchers, championing its qualities, and you seem to ignore this. I've placed you on ignore, as anyone who insists on perpetuating such an argument needs be.

Last edited by John Holland : 2005-03-30 at 08:27.
Old 2005-03-30, 08:29
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
You Bia, are a master of sophism and of fallacious rapport.

We'll have no fellating here, thank you very much. Although, if you do insist...

Deadhead Roses - Zastruga
Old 2005-03-30, 10:57
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Anyone that joins any armed forces has WAYYY more cojones than I.
Old 2005-03-30, 11:58
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I probably posted here already but I didn't look to see. I just wanted to add that whatever you want to do in whatever field you want, try to get what YOU want in whatever branch can give you the highest guarantee of placement. Soulinsane and Walpurgis were very lucky to meet the requirements and get into such a lucritive and elite position and thrive in it. I'm assuming Soul' had about the same things going on as Wally. The jobs after their military careers if they stay in that field will be very financially sound.

When Wally was going to the recruiting center he talked to various branches. Most wouldn't give him what he wanted specifically. The Marine he talked to told him that he didn't mind him coming to visit him,but not to join the Marines. He said that they had nothing to offer him that would be rewarding to him.

The only other thing I have to say is what I've said before. You miliatry people and your families are a cut above. I appreciate all that you do to make us safe here. (Although with some of the stories I've heard I'm really surprised!!lol j/k) You guys and gals are great.

And if the rest of you see one of our uniforms, be sure and tell them how much they're appreciated. They are top of the heap.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2005-03-30, 12:09
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Do they need herpetologists in the military? I'm sure if they do I could make a lot money working for them than I could working at a museum or serpentarium or something. Maybe they need somebody in Florida to remove venomous animals from natural training grounds (i.e woods, swamps, etc.)?