MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2006-03-09, 19:57
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to NuMustDie
I ordered both tab books(warp zone,hopeless hopes)from Martyr's website a couple years ago, this stuff improved my playing drastically, more than any other.

DEATH'SRIG
Old 2008-06-23, 15:51
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to ShitFlowsInYourVeins
yes,i know this is an old thread, but ive been using it for some time and i think re-igniting it would help a lot of people who are trying to work out which song to learn next. its a really useful thread and i think it should be made a sticky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
My mother's purple strap-on.

Old 2008-06-24, 04:39
Metalhead

Nice idea, but I'd rather say it COULD be a useful thread. I was reading through it before opening my "What Song Shall I Learn Next" thread, but it didn't help me too much. Besides from the list in the first post, people always just mentioned new songs without telling "it's easier than that song but slightly harder than that one and it helps you learning..."
In my opinion it would be cool, if someone could list alle the songs mentioned here starting with the easiest and ending with the hardest. And it would be even cooler is someone would also add a few words too each song, saying what techniques you'll train with it. I know this sounds like a lot of work, but I think it could be done, helping together, as one could start the list with, let's say, 3 songs, the next one just quotes/copies it and adds 2 other songs in the correct position and so on...

I'd love to have such a list and could be helpful when it comes to songs for beginners.
Old 2008-06-24, 10:48
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to ShitFlowsInYourVeins
ok then:

pantera - mouth for war-
helps with accurate slides, good for beginners. the bit of the solo where you play 11-12-15 on each string is good alternate picking practice as well.

cannibal corpse - hammer smashed face-
really fun to play and not too hard, the string skipping verse riff is good to practice.

death - the philosopher-
a good start with tapping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
My mother's purple strap-on.

Old 2008-06-24, 16:14
Metalhead

alright, i copied your list and added three songs on a postition, that i think would fit (though i never played the songs you mentioned - if necessary please correct me)

black sabbath - paranoid
extremly easy and probably the first metal song one should learn. the rhythm guitar is just downstroak powercords and slow speed. the solo is slow pentatonic stuff spiced with some slides, hammeron/pulloffs and bends

black sabbath - iron maiden
slightly harder than paranoid, because the rhythm parts include slides and the solo is slightly faster. plus the rhythm isn't that easy (compared to paranoid)

pantera - mouth for war-
helps with accurate slides, good for beginners. the bit of the solo where you play 11-12-15 on each string is good alternate picking practice as well.

cannibal corpse - hammer smashed face-
really fun to play and not too hard, the string skipping verse riff is good to practice.

death - crystal mountains
fun to play, espaecially the chorus. i liked, that the rhythm parts also include some scale runs, which aren't too fast but might be good for someone just starting out with playing leadguitar. the solo isn't too extraordinary - basically just alternate picking at moderate tempo. the song includes triplets, which might be a bit tricky for someone new to that

death - the philosopher-
a good start with tapping