MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone

Old 2005-03-11, 17:09
Minuteman
New Blood

Bass Guitar Sidekick

Hello, I am a student at a vocational high school and I am creating a bass guitar emulator for my senior project. It will be able to help bassists write bass lines. It will be a tabel top instrument that you can play with just one hand, useing touch sensitive slide sensors. Part of the process that I have to go through inorder to finish this project is to create and distribute a survey. If you would please take a couple of moments of your time to go to www.advancedsurvey.com and take survey number 23383 I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you.

Old 2005-03-11, 18:10
Sodomaniac
Supreme Metalhead

Old 2005-03-11, 22:14
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

That links isn't very specific.
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.

Old 2005-03-14, 20:25
Rattlehead
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
That links isn't very specific.

All you do is click the link and it brings you to the home page of a site. On the right side there is a section called "take a survey" where you enter the survey number (23383) and click "go".

I took the survey. I recommend that you take a look at your questions. You wrote "stigless" instead of "stringless" and asked if you thought the program would become "excepted" rather than "accepted".
I also suggest you take a look at other composing programs out there (though I'm sure you probably have). I use powertab, since it is free, but you can't compose using an instrument (or an instrument simulator), you have to tell the program what frets you want it to play. Apparently there are some pretty good programs out there, but I have no money for such things (they're really expensive).
I don't know if this is a problem with other composing programs, but I find it difficult to get bends to work the way I want them to in powertab. If at all possible, I suggest you try to make bending and pre-bending easier on the emulator. By the way you should really explain how that emulator will work. Will it be a picture of a fret board, a regular keys style instrument, a treble clef stave or other ... it would really help answer the survey if I knew what this table top emulator looked like and just how it worked.

I was also wondering what the hell kind of school a "vocational high school" is. I guess they train you for a career, but I've never heard of such a thing. And the project you say you were assigned sounds like quite the undertakement. I'm surprised they have such demanding projects, won't it cost you money to create such a program from scractch?
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.

Old 2005-03-16, 02:36
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

who does what to the huh now?

Old 2005-03-17, 00:50
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

There I took it.
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.