MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2007-06-18, 22:48
Metalhead

holy crap i just relistened to there songs and hes defanatly using inhales not growls listen to embedded at 1:06 to 1:10 there is a prime example of an inhale. you cannot get that dying down effect doing exhaled growls plus you can hear a slight mess up or crack in his voice wich happends when you inhale sometimes and when you fuck up a growl it sounds like hit and most likely they will take it out of the mix. you get a stronger texture with an inhale and can is more powerfull than a growl dont tell me is is using an exhale. he uses an inhale.
Old 2007-06-19, 07:45
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to Unanything
Quote:
Originally Posted by crustcorestenchhead9
holy crap i just relistened to there songs and hes defanatly using inhales not growls listen to embedded at 1:06 to 1:10 there is a prime example of an inhale. you cannot get that dying down effect doing exhaled growls plus you can hear a slight mess up or crack in his voice wich happends when you inhale sometimes and when you fuck up a growl it sounds like hit and most likely they will take it out of the mix. you get a stronger texture with an inhale and can is more powerfull than a growl dont tell me is is using an exhale. he uses an inhale.

Quit fucking arguing and e-mail the guy.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!
Old 2007-06-19, 14:35
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SuspendedByTheThroat
or he can just leave the vocal forum for good because he has no idea what he's talking about.

i've heard him do it without the microphone.
the squeel however he does at a lower level (still exhale) and therefore brings the microphone closer to my mouth

not to mention it's near impossible to make the accents on cirtain sylables with inwards, which he clearly can accent the sylables and make words, hense he is using exhaled growls.

and if you dont beleive me, go watch any video of them where it shows jonny up close, he has to stay a good 2-3 inches away because he's actually forcing air out, and so that he can bring the microphone closer for the quieter vocals he does which is the squeel, a microphone cant pick up inwards 2-3 inches away from the face.

and dont you ever say that inhales are more powerful then exhales.

you're a tard.

get out.

dont reply to this.

just get out.

edit: and the song embedded SUCKS.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:11
Metalhead

dude your the fucking idiot. and you must be horrible at inhales because i can do them loud as hell and if you say that you cant accent certain sounds your a bigger dumb as you dont have to be squeling to be doing an inhale you ccan get it to sound very simalure to a growl. like i said before go listen to NILE although theres arent as desipherable compared to jfac there certain levels. microphones can pick up inhales from 5 inches away from the face. mabye i should leave but you should just go die. and thts real cool you say the song sucks im trully offended. and instead of saying the song sucks why dont you say something to defend your point... i dont think you can for that one

Last edited by crustcorestenchhead9 : 2007-06-19 at 16:22.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:17
Metalhead

ok sir. i just did what you said i watched 3 videos of them live and those acctually convinced me even more that i am correct he is using an inhale. i dont go by what i see i go what i can hear and i am 110% positive its an inhale. and thats what real musicians do they listen they dont look.

and just because you have some logic that air going out is louder and more powerfull than air going in your wrong and completely stupid to think that way.

Last edited by crustcorestenchhead9 : 2007-06-19 at 16:20.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:35
New Blood

i dont know how you think that hes using exhales. if you listen to the song knee deep from 2:44 to 2:51 that is so clearly an inhale. plus if you listen to cannible corps he uses exhales and they sound totally different from jfac cz they use INHALES.
Old 2007-06-19, 20:25
Post-whore

Stop saying that Job For a Cowboy has good squeals!! They don't. If you want to hear some good pig vocals listen to Waking the Cadaver or any brutal death metal band.
Old 2007-06-19, 22:06
Metalhead

were not saying they have good "squeels" im arguing to this guy because hes saying they dont inhale and they do. but yes walking the cadaver is good but i like fuck... im dead much better and i like the drum machine work as well.
Old 2007-06-20, 13:10
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspendedByTheThroat
edit: and the song embedded SUCKS.

What would be better by JFAC?

Just curious.
Old 2007-06-21, 21:32
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRO
What would be better by JFAC?

Just curious.

Anything from thier older album.

=]
Old 2007-06-21, 21:33
Senior Metalhead

crustcorestenchhead9

just.. stop.. please..

what you're saying is rediculous.

And Requiem

Im not saying that they do, But I do prefer JFAC to Waking The Cadaver, because those ARE inhales.

it's gunna be funny when crustcorestenchhead9 says that those are exhales and that JFAC uses inhales.

Old 2007-06-21, 22:19
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Anything from thier older album.

=]

Figured
Old 2007-06-21, 23:20
Post-whore

I've noticed that pig vocals by grindcore bands suck compared to Brutal Death Metal pig squals. Dog barks own all though.
Old 2007-06-22, 13:10
Metalhead

Quote:
crustcorestenchhead9

just.. stop.. please..

what you're saying is rediculous.

And Requiem

Im not saying that they do, But I do prefer JFAC to Waking The Cadaver, because those ARE inhales.

it's gunna be funny when crustcorestenchhead9 says that those are exhales and that JFAC uses inhales.

your a fuckin dooche bag bro. how do you expect a person to stop talking if your talking shit. and if you read above i said i liked wtc and no shit there ins. just because they dont sounds like a pig squeel you faggott doesnt mean is not an inhale, you can do lows and highs of inhales just as you can dop lows and highs with screams and growls. your the fucking dumbass i know what im talking about since iv been doing all 3 diferent styles of metal vox for about 3 years now and i think id know what the diferentces are. bet you cant even do them yourself so how can you really know what the fuck they are doing.

everyone else: im sorry im arguing and from now on i will message the person.

i dont really care what you think i know what im talking about. ima spare everyone else and not bitch to your faggott scene kid ass anymore.

Last edited by crustcorestenchhead9 : 2007-06-22 at 13:13.
Old 2007-06-23, 11:25
Senior Metalhead

AYE

Who gives a fuck what JFAC does?

Listen, do whatever you're best at whether it be inhale or exhale.

I personally like inhales but thats just me.

Old 2007-07-01, 17:34
Senior Metalhead

speaking of inhales, i heard some bizzarre ass band last night at the local bar, they pulled off some wierd noise/grind sorta thing with tempo changes, and quick measures of different styles.

thier vocallist did inwards im sure, aswell as falsetto high screams, which were also done by the drummer.
Old 2007-07-26, 13:45
New Blood

Hey everybody! I'm a newcommer at this site, so I don't really know how all this works. However, I just want to give a reply to the whole "pig squeeling" deal.

By looking over the earlier replys, I saw that a lot of people use inward breathing techniques; this really came as a surprise to me.
To me, the only right way to make a proper "pig squeel", is done by growling the way u normally would. Both the "shouting growl", and the deep growling techniques works.
If u have those techniques in order, u will find that making a pig squeel is easily done; all u have to do is pitch.

The basic deep growling techniques are based on the middle section of your stomache; with the pig squeel u just move the pressure up from the middle section to your solar plexus.
While doing that, u push out your jaw and close your throat as far up as possible. This will create the effect of a growl, pitched up - the pig squeel.

Other then that, it's all about practice. I practice two hours a day on my techniques. It's never enough to just practice when you are rehersing with your band.

This is how I do it anyway; not saying that it's "the right way", but it definetly works for me.
Old 2007-07-29, 23:16
New Blood

Ok I believe that JFAC is good, I liketehre vocals and all
But they do inhales I believe
I have tried inhale "pig squeals"
JFAC doesn't squeal, at least not on Genesis
Knee Deep is badass, but Waking the Cadaver vocals are just fucking brutal as hell
I exhale and I can do the pig squeal very well, and I've only been doing it for about 5 or 6 months
It takes alot of practice, I usually do it when just walking around or when I'm just sitting around
I can actually sing lyrics while doing the pig squeal, but it hurts my vocal chords a little

As For JFAC there vocals are good, no squeal, inhales, and kind of a growl type scream

Cephalic Carnage, Waking The Cadaver, Despised Icon (some parts of there songs) and a lot of Regurgitate are very good examples in my opinion

Dead-Mayhem
Old 2007-08-05, 18:28
New Blood

Hey folks.

Can anybody tell me how to raise your pitch with inhales? I can do the low gutteral inhales just fine, but I don't know how to move into the mid-range and the high squeal territory.

I know that probably seems like a foolish question, but I only paid a little bit of attention to inhales when I was first learning extreme vocals, and then I moved on to exhales and have been doing them ever since, so I still don't know most of the basic inhale technique.
Old 2007-08-06, 22:01
Senior Metalhead

just tighten your throat muscles, it's hurt at first but you'll get used to it, it should raise the pitch of the inhales, I used to know how to literally inhale SCREAM at a high pitch, and I did it in a band, but after a while I realised it was total utter shit, and I swiched to deathmetal exhales.

(and for the last time, JFAC uses exhale vocals, if you dont beleive me ask Jonny Davy himself on myspace or something, not to mention he clearly has the tone and annunciation of sylables that only comes from exhale)

and Waking the Cadaver does both exhales and inhales, thier old stuff like chased through the woods and bloodsplattered satisfaction was almost all inhales, exept for minor exhales such as when he says "bloodsplattered satisfaction"

thier new stuff I beleive has more exhales then thier previous stuff though.

Last edited by SuspendedByTheThroat : 2007-08-06 at 22:04.