MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2007-03-09, 04:41
New Blood

hey,

im looking for a specific song that uses pig vocals. i go to a club on a weekly basis and they ALWAYS play this song. It very hard for me to describe it, as i dont know who it is or what its called. All i can say is that the pig vocals are less of actual lyrics and a lot more of pig grunting and squealing. It must be a really famous pig vocal song, as they play it every week and everyone knows it. Its also got heavy amounts of bass in it. I hope this is enough for you to help me!
Old 2007-03-09, 11:33
Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to I <3 SANDWICH
Go up to the DJ and say "Oi ! Matey Jim what's that funky little number you've been playing with all those cheeky little oinks in ?!?"
Old 2007-03-09, 15:29
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to F1R3W0LF Send a message via MSN to F1R3W0LF
Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 SANDWICH
Go up to the DJ and say "Oi ! Matey Jim what's that funky little number you've been playing with all those cheeky little oinks in ?!?"

But seriously, It's probably Job For a Cowboy. Try Knee Deep.
Old 2007-03-09, 16:37
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1R3W0LF

But seriously, It's probably Job For a Cowboy. Try Knee Deep.

its a lot less lyrical than that. i think the song im looking for is no words at all, just squeeling and grunting.
Old 2007-03-09, 16:50
New Blood

i found it, it was Entombment Of A Machine. which apparantly does have lyrics!
Old 2007-03-10, 10:37
Metalhead

Ooooh !

I'll have to try that as I'm currently working on a goregrind band with lots of squealing, sounds like fun !
Old 2007-03-10, 14:14
Metalhead

pig sounds.....wow...idk maybe these bloody hands
Old 2007-03-12, 05:54
Metalhead

Inward style

Inhaled style is working a charm for me now

Still curious to how to do the exhaled style though !
Old 2007-03-23, 05:57
Metalhead

Some advice...

Just thought I'd add that tucking your chin in seems to make it easier. That's probably why when you watch a video or live act with a vocalist doing pig vox he's most likely going to be tucking his chin in to make the vocals flow with ease...

Oh balls ! I better get back to my muddy playpen with all my other buddies the farmer is coming back to count the piggies.
Old 2007-06-13, 16:46
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by archaicariax
So yeah.. I've been trying to learn inhales cause we'd like to start doing them. I'm the vocalist in grind band called Dallas. I can scream, I can growl.. but I can't do inhales. I'm trying to get the sound kind of like Job For a Cowboy when they do inhales, if anyone has heard them. If there's another thread on this, my bad. Just let me know.

Johnny from jfac doesnt inhale he exhales...and inhaling is really bad for your vocal chords because your trying to make them move two different ways at once...plus inhaling dosent sound nearly as good as exhaling
Old 2007-06-13, 17:14
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SuspendedByTheThroat
Yeah, Jonny does exhaled vocals.

not inhaled.

and he rarely makes pig squeel noises as much as people seem to think that that is all they do.

hell, he dos'nt even do them in thier new stuff, which is making all the cannible corpse fans freak out and love them.

however he dos'nt do highs almost at all either, which sounds rediculously monotone and i'm not into it.
Old 2007-06-15, 16:14
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspendedByTheThroat
hell, he dos'nt even do them in thier new stuff, which is making all the cannible corpse fans freak out and love them.

I wouldnt go that far haha.
Old 2007-06-15, 18:57
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to Unanything
Quote:
Yeah, Jonny does exhaled vocals.

not inhaled.

and he rarely makes pig squeel noises as much as people seem to think that that is all they do.

however he dos'nt do highs almost at all either, which sounds rediculously monotone and i'm not into it.

So appeasing the masses instead of following creative conviction? Haha! Wouldn't expect less from Job' to be honest.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!
Old 2007-06-17, 03:20
Post-whore

Quote:

No.
Old 2007-06-17, 03:37
Metalhead

Quote:

Incorrect.
Old 2007-06-17, 16:04
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Johnny from jfac doesnt inhale he exhales...and inhaling is really bad for your vocal chords because your trying to make them move two different ways at once...plus inhaling dosent sound nearly as good as exhaling

dude inhales are the most safe vocals you can do. as long as you dont inhale as hard as you possibly can your perfectly fine. (they never hurt, growls and screams do after a while, and when i do screams or growls for a while my voice will crack a few times when talking and inhales never do that) i can get my inhales to sounds very simalure to my growls but i like inhales better because you get that "dying down sound". like Nile uses inhales, for the longest time i was trying to get my growls to sound like that style then i realized they were inhales and they are. cattle decap uses inhales and they sound tight. also jfac defanatly inhales because i can exhale and it sounds just linke and inhale but softer. but when you try to put more power into it itll sound like shit and its just nor possible unleess you use some sort or effect to amp it up.
Old 2007-06-17, 17:07
Senior Metalhead

Nah, Jonny does exhales.

i've seen him do them.

that's also why he has so much power to them, im pretty sure the squeels themselves are a little studioized though.

and to those who said I am incorrect..

what one of thier new songs does the do that?

because i've listened to the whole album and maybe heard 10 words totaly in highs and the rest all lows, no squeels.
Old 2007-06-17, 17:12
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanything
So appeasing the masses instead of following creative conviction? Haha! Wouldn't expect less from Job' to be honest.

well they were pretty much the inventors of the style that they made, infact all of thier influences where older death metal bands that came before them, if you look for some of thier old old videos you can even see some of thier original songs, such as Chicken So Delicious, which was the original "knee deep" before they changed the lyrics and added a few things to be more serious, because thier band was originally a joke and just something to jam around.

thier new album just sounds like cannibal corpse, everyone knows it, everyone admits it, i meen there might be the occasional guitar lick that dos'nt sound very cannibal corpse, but for the most part they are trying to pull of that sound, they also have thier name all up in hot topic now, which when I first noticed I was quite in shock.

but then again, Suicide Silence is allowing shirts of thier to be sold in hottopic, but they claim they need to do it to make money to tour on the road, which I dont blame them, and as far as both from first and third person perspective view, Suicide Silence has not sold out, thier music still pretty much stays the same, (besides the now lack of Family Guy samples, but that's for legal reasons).
Old 2007-06-18, 22:38
Metalhead

Quote:
Nah, Jonny does exhales.

i've seen him do them.

that's also why he has so much power to them, im pretty sure the squeels themselves are a little studioized though.

and to those who said I am incorrect..

what one of thier new songs does the do that?

because i've listened to the whole album and maybe heard 10 words totaly in highs and the rest all lows, no squeels.

are you talking about growls? if you are why dont you say growls instead of exhales cuz who knows wat your talking about you exhales doing high screams, clean vox, talking....

you cant say he only does one style. he does high screams, growls? and inhales wich are the "pig squeels" and the pig shit is inhales for sure dude i can do that shit and it sounds just like him you cant tell me there effects.
Old 2007-06-18, 22:39
Metalhead

and since when can you tell what hes doing by watching him?