MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 2006-05-12, 05:48
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to i_hate_nu_metal
VH-1 Behind The Music: PANTERA

If you have digital cable, check your listings. It was on last night at midnight and ti will be on today around noon on VH-1. That's Eastern time, for those in the US.

I caught the last fifteen or so minutes of it last night and it was really good. They have interviews with Vinnie, Phil, and Rita, (I think she's their sister or something). Anyway, I don't have much time to write a detailed description of the program, but it's really good, and if you have the means, you should definitely see it. You can thank me later.

Though chances are it will come out on DVD sooner or later.

Check out my band's, (or lack thereof), web site.
http://www.endless-sacrifice.com
Old 2006-05-12, 05:53
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to travI56669
Rita was Dimebags girlfriend....
Old 2006-05-12, 08:51
Senior Metalhead

In my personal opinion they focused way too much on Phil. But hey, he's the lead singer, so naturally that'll attract nonmusicians the most. It was alright -- I was just really surprised to see it on there. They were having a metal night or something, and actually had a good band on! So at least they're heading in the right direction. They've always been a bit more metal than MTV anyway. What'd'ya expect from mainstream television.

And though this has nothing to do with that particular program, I'm curious about something. When everybody else watches VH1 (well, I rarely do, but hell, stick with me) is the sound mix way out of whack? All my other channels are fine, but VH1 has its music/score mix too high (or its mic/voices side too low). The music always blasts over the people talking and I can barely make out what they say. It does it on commercials, too, I think. So I figured it was a problem with the actual company that airs them. But am I the only one?
Old 2006-05-12, 09:16
Metal As Fuck!

Send a message via MSN to davie_gravy Send a message via Yahoo to davie_gravy
My bro TIVO'ed it last night. Will watch it tonight. Anyone seen the new Dimevision? It's pretty kickass!

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.
Old 2006-05-12, 10:41
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
Yea dimevision is sweet. I saw the whole Behind the Music thing last night too, it was pretty sweet, summed up a lot of shit i didnt know about.
Old 2006-05-12, 12:56
Crusher of Skulls

Send a message via AIM to philkilla Send a message via MSN to philkilla Send a message via Yahoo to philkilla
Experience the wonders of Youtube bitches.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
Old 2006-05-12, 13:42
Post-whore

I missed it
Old 2006-05-12, 14:30
slack as fuck

Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
Damn. I don't even have VH-1

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Old 2006-05-12, 14:31
slack as fuck

well theres all 3 parts
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...e=search_videos

EDIT: damn, It's missing the end.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Last edited by newHELLonEARTH : 2006-05-12 at 14:57.
Old 2006-05-12, 19:34
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to travI56669
That same user uploaded the rest of the videos....
Old 2006-05-12, 20:09
The Mountie From Hell

Send a message via MSN to FearFrost
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...s&search=Search

all 5 parts are there, i just watched them... and PHIL IS AN EGO FUCK!

Getcha Pull!
Old 2006-05-12, 20:59
Supreme Metalhead

Yeah Phil is a wanker. I read that interview in Metal Hammer, he spouted some right violent crap in Vinnie and Dimes direction about how Vinnie's a coward and I'll beat his sorry ass and how someone should severly beat up Dime etc.. and a week or so later Dime gets killed! Then he blubs about losing his bro and not being able to go to the funeral!! Uh Duh! Twat!
Old 2006-05-12, 21:17
Noob lud

Very interesting stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2006-05-12, 21:27
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to i_hate_nu_metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmers Fridge
Yeah Phil is a wanker. I read that interview in Metal Hammer, he spouted some right violent crap in Vinnie and Dimes direction about how Vinnie's a coward and I'll beat his sorry ass and how someone should severly beat up Dime etc.. and a week or so later Dime gets killed! Then he blubs about losing his bro and not being able to go to the funeral!! Uh Duh! Twat!

People sometimes say a lot of shit they don't mean. Don't forget that Phil is, (or at least was), a rockstar, and if there's one thing rockstars are famous for, (other than overdosing on drugs), it's the bullshit statements they make in interviews. In my opinion, that stuff should be taken, as they say, with a grain of salt. Plus, that interview was probably done quite a while before Dime's death, even if it was published a week before.

Phil and Dime were best friends for almost 20 fuckin years, and that's not something that gets forgotten overnight. I've certainly said worse shit than that about people that I actually don't like and never have liked, but I would never wish them death. And don't forget, Vinnie and Dime weren't exactly showering Phil with compliments, either. I've read some interviews where they brought out a lot of dirty laundry which should've never seen the light of day. They were understandably bitter over Pantera's breakup, but hey, life goes on, and a line must be drawn somewhere.

Phil had no obligation to stay in Pantera. If his heart and his mind were no longer in it, there was really no reason for him to stay. Sure, he could have done some half assed shit and tried to ride Pantera's wave of fame and popularity as far as he could, but he choose not to. Phil went from a multi platinum band with guaranteed headlining or co-headlining gigs to a small time indie band, and that's pretty admirable.

Now I'm not saying that the way he handled tihngs was exactly the best way to do it, if anything it was one of the worst ways imaginable, but what's done is done and it can't be taken back. I'm sure that if Phil could go back and change some things, he would do a lto of stuff differently, but due to the sad lack of a flux capacitor equipped Delorean, he can't.

And you know he's got to feel partially responsible for Dime's death, being how the breakup of Pantera was being cited as the main reason that asshole shot him. That's not an easy load to carry on your shoulders, I don't care who you are.

EDIT: What's Dimevision?

Check out my band's, (or lack thereof), web site.
http://www.endless-sacrifice.com
Old 2006-05-12, 21:42
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to ThornsOfHeaven200
Dimevision's a DVD that recently was released that celebrates Dime's life. Its like the other home videos they released.
Old 2006-05-13, 06:08
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_hate_nu_metal
People sometimes say a lot of shit they don't mean. Don't forget that Phil is, (or at least was), a rockstar, and if there's one thing rockstars are famous for, (other than overdosing on drugs), it's the bullshit statements they make in interviews. In my opinion, that stuff should be taken, as they say, with a grain of salt. Plus, that interview was probably done quite a while before Dime's death, even if it was published a week before.

Phil and Dime were best friends for almost 20 fuckin years, and that's not something that gets forgotten overnight. I've certainly said worse shit than that about people that I actually don't like and never have liked, but I would never wish them death. And don't forget, Vinnie and Dime weren't exactly showering Phil with compliments, either. I've read some interviews where they brought out a lot of dirty laundry which should've never seen the light of day. They were understandably bitter over Pantera's breakup, but hey, life goes on, and a line must be drawn somewhere.

Phil had no obligation to stay in Pantera. If his heart and his mind were no longer in it, there was really no reason for him to stay. Sure, he could have done some half assed shit and tried to ride Pantera's wave of fame and popularity as far as he could, but he choose not to. Phil went from a multi platinum band with guaranteed headlining or co-headlining gigs to a small time indie band, and that's pretty admirable.

Now I'm not saying that the way he handled tihngs was exactly the best way to do it, if anything it was one of the worst ways imaginable, but what's done is done and it can't be taken back. I'm sure that if Phil could go back and change some things, he would do a lto of stuff differently, but due to the sad lack of a flux capacitor equipped Delorean, he can't.

And you know he's got to feel partially responsible for Dime's death, being how the breakup of Pantera was being cited as the main reason that asshole shot him. That's not an easy load to carry on your shoulders, I don't care who you are.

EDIT: What's Dimevision?

Good point, obviously media can misrepresent, sex and salacious scandal sells more than twee. And despite what band these guys were in the interview would always drift to Pantera(just look at Sepultura/Soulfly and Megadeth interviews over the years!) There is a way of behaving within the public forum and Phil has glittering back catalogue of shooting his mouth off, I recall homophobia and racism being levelled at him some years back and what was that open letter about flat lining in ER because he'd jacked too much 'H' in to his arm???? Was we meant to feel sorry for him? I don't know! Why is it that his back surgery is the 'worst, most hard as bugger painful back surgery in the history of back surgery. ever!'??? He's so hard I got wet!
Regardless of the time span from doing the interview to it being published he still said some pretty venomuos stuff, violent words are still violent words regardless of when they are said. I'm not saying Dime and Co were innocent of the mud slinging, I recall how they said he's back on drugs and his voice isn't what it used to be etc

He could have been honest with the rest of the band and told them he no longer wanted to be in Pantera, was he edging his bets just incase one of his side projects didn't take off? It's only common curtiousy not to have kept them hanging on for two years! After all thery'd been in the same band for 15-16 years!

I guess it could be served as a cautionary tale, be careful what you say........

Now where can I get a flux capacitor for this Delorean I've just bought?
Old 2006-05-13, 06:50
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
mwuahaha, brilliant movie!

anyway, just seen the show and it goddamn interesting and intense, ive never seen the alrosa villa material before, shoking.

Just a cool bio visualized
Old 2006-05-13, 13:25
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Watched it last night. It was pretty good. Makes me want to go play very, very loud music.

I laughed pretty hard when Phil laid out this cheese ball: "Don't underestimate the kid. You're fucking crazy if you do..and I am the kid".
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Darko : 2006-05-13 at 13:28.
Old 2006-05-13, 13:45
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Watched it last night. It was pretty good. Makes me want to go play very, very loud music.

Haha yeah I got that feeling too.

Priceless!
Old 2006-05-13, 20:53
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to walpurgis Send a message via AIM to walpurgis Send a message via MSN to walpurgis
Am I the only one that had difficulty watching this? Still hits pretty hard, ya know...

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.