MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2005-02-09, 19:00
Noob lud

Haha. Im not realy a hard hitter so they may work good for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-02-10, 07:13
Senior Metalhead

Im also not a hard hitter, thats why I got really pissed about my crash.
So try them out.
Old 2005-02-10, 16:08
Noob lud

Hmm. Speaking of cymbals, im going to gradually get a whole new set after i get my new drum kit. The drum kit is an 8 peice pearl exr kit. It cost about $1300. I have like $300 saved so far. And i am also selling my old kit and hardware and my iron cobra double pedal so im hoping for atleast $500 from that. I bet i will get more though. I will see how the pedals are that come with the kit. If they are bad, i will get new pedals before all new cymbals. Im thinking about getting axis pedals. Im probably going to base my cymbal set on Martin Lopez's from Opeth. His cymbals sound amazing wether he's playing soft or heavy.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-02-11, 21:06
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
I'm a fairly hard hitter, so no Aheads for me.
Old 2005-02-12, 19:16
Post-whore

I am a very hard hitter (I chew through 7A's, about a pair every 2 weeks) and AHEADS are fine for me. (when I can afford them)
Old 2005-02-12, 19:39
Noob lud

So you get aheads everyonce in a while but they arent your main stick?

Quote:
Old 2005-02-12, 20:43
Post-whore

I would like them to be my main sticks, but alas my life is not cheap, I have a car........

and drum stuff on order which I have to save up for.
Old 2005-02-12, 20:48
Noob lud

Yes, they do cost alot for sticks

Quote:
Old 2005-02-15, 17:57
New Blood

Send a message via MSN to +-Tyrian Xort-+
Kicked through my bass skin today on my practise kit....taped it up with masking tape & it now soudns like a "damp" snare...fucking vile
Old 2005-02-16, 18:04
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SixfeetUnder420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord.Worm
I bought a new China from wuhan for 51 because I cracked my old one.
It`s a number bigger (19") and I think it sounds better as the old one.
Also I decided to try out Nylon tips, although I preferr the Wood sound on Rides.

No i dont have triggers but my kicks sound almost the same and i cant tell the difference. We got 2 songs recorded last weekend and were working on somemore right now.
Old 2005-02-17, 07:22
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ black metal drumm
I chew through 7A's, about a pair every 2 weeks

7A - L=15 1/2", Dia.=.540"
5B - L=16", Dia.=.595"
2B - L=16 1/4", Dia.=.630"

Who the hell in their right mind plays 7A's in metal?
Old 2005-02-17, 13:34
Senior Metalhead

Why not?
Metalsticks dont have to be big, I couldnt play the most stuff with bigger sticks as my 5a`s...
Old 2005-02-17, 15:31
Noob lud

I used to play 7As but i use 5As now. Or are they 5Bs? I dont know.

Quote:
Old 2005-02-17, 17:58
Post-whore

Well, big music, big drums and big sticks. 7A's wouldn't produce enough sound, but I guess if you can hit hard enough for your needs with them good for you. They're little petite jazz sticks, that's like an anorexic being a weight lifter. Anyway, 7A's just don't sit in my hands too well, they're so thin there isn't enough for me to hold onto.
Old 2005-02-17, 21:10
Post-whore

I only use them because I got so used to the Joey AHEAD sig sticks which are 7A I now find 5A just a little too heavy, especially when I am trying to hit Hand rolls in the 280 bpm range the difference just throws my wrists off.

I still use my Mike Mangini sig sticks as practice stick because of their weight though.
Old 2005-02-20, 20:45
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SixfeetUnder420
I use 5A most of the time.
Old 2005-03-16, 21:16
Muffin Ass

Something funny just happened....I figured this would be a place to relay it.....

Just got home...was at some friends of a friends home....smoking...hanging out and whatnot.....there were about 9 people there I didnt know....so after a while this guys says, "I hear you play guitar" I say yep and he proceeds to tell me of his drumming prowess.....I have always admired guys that beat the hell outta stuff so drummers are among the coolest people I know......long story short I ask him about his setup....and he mentiones having "Zidian" symbols........so I say you mean Zildjian? and he says no....I have Zidians.....so I retort....I've heard of Zildjians but not the other......this fucker goes off.....starts claiming I'm a faker......I know nothing of equiptment and he has Zidian stickers on his cars...bla bla bla and there is no such product as Zildjian and I must "be trippin" spelling/saying it with that L in it bla bla bla.....a few other guys had to get in his face and shut him down....it was quite amusing.

Sidenote.....I have never posted in this forum but must say....though I'm a Metal Chick at heart....Neil Pert is the drummer that impresses me the most.....pure talent IMO.

Later,

Bia
Old 2005-03-16, 21:39
Post-whore

Quote:
.I have always admired guys that beat the hell outta stuff so drummers are among the coolest people I know......

Damn straight!

Quote:
I know nothing of equiptment and he has Zidian stickers on his cars...bla bla bla and there is no such product as Zildjian and I must "be trippin" spelling/saying it with that L in it bla bla bla.....a few other guys had to get in his face and shut him down....it was quite amusing.

BWHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Quote:
I have never posted in this forum

I noticed, now run along to the guitar forum like a good little girl (I am so glad you are no where near me to slap me!)
Old 2005-03-17, 20:41
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
Something funny just happened....I figured this would be a place to relay it.....

Just got home...was at some friends of a friends home....smoking...hanging out and whatnot.....there were about 9 people there I didnt know....so after a while this guys says, "I hear you play guitar" I say yep and he proceeds to tell me of his drumming prowess.....I have always admired guys that beat the hell outta stuff so drummers are among the coolest people I know......long story short I ask him about his setup....and he mentiones having "Zidian" symbols........so I say you mean Zildjian? and he says no....I have Zidians.....so I retort....I've heard of Zildjians but not the other......this fucker goes off.....starts claiming I'm a faker......I know nothing of equiptment and he has Zidian stickers on his cars...bla bla bla and there is no such product as Zildjian and I must "be trippin" spelling/saying it with that L in it bla bla bla.....a few other guys had to get in his face and shut him down....it was quite amusing.

Hahaha, sounds pretty funny. But there is actually a cymbal company called Zidian. They never realy got anywhere because they are pretty shitty quality. I used to have a crash by them but it kept getting dents in it so now it's just sitting in my closet somewhere...Well actually, i just made that whole thing up.

Quote:
Old 2005-03-19, 05:34
Post-whore

HAHA

So, at the school I just left some guy was trying to offload a beginer kit. He talked my guitarist and bassist into believing that we needed that piece of crap and that the second bass drum would be the right one for us. Anyway, all he told us is that it's a 22 inch, and my bassist was convinced that we needed it. Convo:

Me: It's a beginer kit. Why do I need a beginer kit?
Him: The second bass drum.
Me: You can't update a beginer kit because of the bad shells and if the bass drums are not identical, even if you tune them the same they can sound sloppy. Fuck off with it.
Him: MANY BANDS HAVE NON-IDENTICAL BASS DRUMS YADDA YADDA BULLSHIT

Anyway, we had a fight over this, but later the bassist relayed my convo with him to the other drummer (who is quite skilled by the way) and he got impressed and now he's lending me cymbals and double kickers and crap because he failed to fool me.