Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2005-01-30, 19:56
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ black metal drumm
for the songs I play I get my singer (who writes 90% of outr stuff) to give me a click track for the song and I practice to that, my only problem is that usually I can play louder than the earphones can, especially if it is a big double kick section.

I used to have that problem but i got a pair of drummers isolation headphones. They were pretty expensive but they are cool. Makes learning songs easier and reduces sound by 24db i belive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-01-31, 04:59
Post-whore

how much and from where?????

I am VERY interested!!!!
Old 2005-01-31, 06:04
Post-whore

are you just refering to those earmuffler things people use at shooting ranges? or is this something entirely else?
Old 2005-01-31, 08:11
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ black metal drumm
how much and from where?????

I am VERY interested!!!!

here I have the vic firth ones on the top of the screen. You can also get the non electronic ones there too.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-02-01, 16:39
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
Old 2005-02-02, 16:39
Noob lud

Hmmm, water filled. They look expensive. That metronome in one ear is a pretty good idea. People have said that they break easy though. Im lamb of god\m/ if you havent noticed. I changed my name.

This post was exactly 24 hours after the last post...interesting...

Quote:
Old 2005-02-02, 16:48
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SixfeetUnder420
I have some Headphones with 29db reduction and has a built in metronome. It helps alot.
Old 2005-02-05, 05:51
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
I just moved to my new little den, it's not as sound proof as I'd want it to be but it's big, it's carpeted, lots of power points and it's all fucking mine! I'll post photos later, it fits EVERYTHING. It fits my drums, my keyboard and all of my boyfriends bass and guitar gear (and that guy has lots of crap, he's got Gear Acqusition Syndrome).

Spent the day writting generic brutal death metal with boyfriend for something to do because we were fucking bored out of our minds. Realised that single foot blastbeats are something I should try later and decided to buy a double kicker. Thankfully, my left foot is in good shape. Pearl 1002's look good to me (they're about the same level as Iron Cobra junior but they come in strap drive, and I LOOOOOVVVEEE strap drive).

Instead of metrophones, I just plug my earphones into my metronome and crank them - hey, it's so much cheaper!
Old 2005-02-05, 19:50
Post-whore

Quote:
Spent the day writting generic brutal death metal with boyfriend for something to do because we were fucking bored out of our minds.

I could think of better things to do, like test out the sound proofing......

as for strap drives, wait till you try Direct drives, they kick sooo much ass.

Anyways Drummers Diary entry:

Got back from gig last night at 4:30 in the morning, my back neck legs are aching like shit and my ears are still ringing, yet I have a HUGE grin on my face, our set list was fucking awesome, very tight except for my one fuck up (which unfortunatley in the middle of the painkiller Drum intro, I was soooooo fucked off that I screwed that up,) erm the other bands, Trial by Fire who started the night were pretty good, thrashy sorta stuff, then after us (we were second) was 80's tribute band Maskara who fucking kick some ass, they have one of the best singers in the Entire Auckland metal scene, lots of awesome covers like Paradise City, etc. then up to close the night was Just One FIx, who just went off, they fucking rocked, lots of crowd participation, and even some metallica cover, and of course Stunt cocks (the bassist) now Cult song 'the Vagina song)

fucking awesome night!!!!!
Old 2005-02-05, 21:50
Noob lud

Sounds like fun. You said your ears are still ringing. You dont use earplugs or anything? Before i got the isolation headphones, i just used earplugs. Anyways, me and a guitarist from my band were working on a new song today. Its our 3rd song and our first song that im doing blast beats in Its turning out pretty good so far.

Quote:
Old 2005-02-06, 03:20
Post-whore

yeah I didn't do any blasts last night cause we only have on song with blasts in and we didn't play it
Old 2005-02-06, 12:08
Post-whore

i just watched "some kind of monster" by metallica, i highly recommend watching it,even the most ridiculous arguments between the band i can relate to in some way from prior bands and the one im in now, minus the 40,000 dollar a month therapist. my guitarist lent master of puppets so i can listen for nostalgia reasons on the band that has been, i especially like the therapy session with dave mustaine ripping on lars

booked some shows in march, today or tommorrow im gonna look at a 1987 econoline brontasaurus for the band, my roomate just left on a 4month europe+us tour with his band, damn im envious
Old 2005-02-06, 13:27
Senior Metalhead

That has to be the worst movie ever made. I saw it in theaters and I almost walked out but the Dave Mustane part kept me watching.
Old 2005-02-07, 10:08
New Blood

they played that in the theaters? ha thats funny, i hate that band

along with my new projection crash I bought an 18" Alpha china, it was dirt cheap.. not to great of a sound, more of a cheap trash kinda of sound but it works.. also got a Metal-x splash, sounds great! nice blend of splash and trash.. i got a pair of dark crisp hats with AA fusion bottoms, dont sound like i thought they would but they still sound amazing! i also recently played the porkpie acrylic snare that i was going to buy but ended up not, and it was amazing! it had the sound i loved from my 10" pork pie auxiliarry snare but was way wider so its a lot more space for errors.. good stuff its only 250$!!
Old 2005-02-07, 20:33
Senior Metalhead

This weekend me and my band are going to record some songs, and this week I have to get my kit all miced . I'm using my Premier, with 8",10",12",13" toms and a 14" and 16" Floor tom. Its double bass and has 4 crashes, 2 splashes, and a china and of course a hi-hat and a 20" ride. So tomarrow i have to get started with all this suff but (hopefully) the recording will kick ass.
Old 2005-02-08, 12:17
Senior Metalhead

Are your kicks triggered??
If not, I would use a double pedal...because so you have exactly (or nearly exactly) the same sound on each kick.
Whatever, have fun.
Old 2005-02-09, 12:31
Senior Metalhead

I bought a new China from wuhan for 51€ because I cracked my old one.
It`s a number bigger (19") and I think it sounds better as the old one.
Also I decided to try out Nylon tips, although I preferr the Wood sound on Rides.
Old 2005-02-09, 15:59
Noob lud

I have a 12" wuhan china. Its alright i guess. Im kind of waiting for it to crack or break since everyone says it does. But i can just put up my 8" splash again which is good. Im curently using all wood sticks now. I have like 12 pairs left. After im done with all the sticks, im going to get a pair of those Ahead drum sticks. They are made out of titanium so they dont break. You just have to replace the covers everyonce in a while. I also hate having all those wood chips all over my kit from using wood sticks. It should work out nicely. I think i may go play for a bit...

Quote:
Old 2005-02-09, 16:24
Senior Metalhead

Aheads are made of Aluminium.
And they are absolute Cymbalkillers.
I Cracked my 18" crash and my China with these.
And they have a unusual rebounce, so you need to get into them.
I played mine for half an year, and those of my friend (a number smaller) about 3-4 months.
So think about it...better try carbonsticks.
ps. a Friend of mine had breaked about 4 pairs of aheads... but he plays like insane .
Old 2005-02-09, 18:31
New Blood

hahah sticks made with titanium.. you'd go through a set of cymbals in a week.