MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2005-01-30, 15:08
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

The movie's not really scary to me, it's just eerie as fuck.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2005-02-04, 13:19
Die Young.

I just finished WISEGUY by Nicholas Peleggi, the true story which the movie Goodfellas was based about. One of the best books I've ever read. I'm also reading a book called Red Mafiya about the Russian Mob, very interesting but terribly written.

I WANT MORE BOOKS!!!!!!! I've recently become obsessed with true crime novels....but all my local book stores just carry a bunch of shit for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.
Old 2005-02-04, 14:44
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I just finished WISEGUY by Nicholas Peleggi, the true story which the movie Goodfellas was based about. One of the best books I've ever read. I'm also reading a book called Red Mafiya about the Russian Mob, very interesting but terribly written.

I WANT MORE BOOKS!!!!!!! I've recently become obsessed with true crime novels....but all my local book stores just carry a bunch of shit for the most part.

I love true crime books. Check out crimelibrary.com, I'm sure you'd find some interesting stuff there. It's not a book store, just a website with archives on various famous crime tales. They've got quite a large serial killer section. If you are interested in that, you might also check out mayhem.net, but I must warn you ahead of time, there is an annoying song playing in the background that I can't ever get rid of without muting my sound card or shutting off my speakers. Even disabling sound in my browser doesn't work.
Old 2005-02-04, 17:36
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pandemonium
You could always go for some Macabre. They don't call it murder metal for nothing.
Old 2005-02-06, 13:06
Die Young.

Cool, thanks for the insight Chris. I'm not really into reading too much about serial killers, I'm more into organized crime and what not...But I'll give the site a try.

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.
Old 2005-02-06, 14:08
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Cool, thanks for the insight Chris. I'm not really into reading too much about serial killers, I'm more into organized crime and what not...But I'll give the site a try.

The site has a lot of mob content, although I have to admit I've never read any of it myself.
Old 2005-02-06, 14:37
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
I just finished reading a fucking awesome book on serial killers. "My Life Among the Serial Killers" by Helen Morrison, M.D. who's spent hundreds of hours with serial killers like John Wayne Gacy, Richard Macek, Robert Bendella, Ed Gein, etc. She prys deep into the psyche of these anomolies to try and explain her leading theory on why serial killers kill, and goes into eerie detail about the abominable acts they commited and why. She also attacks the other leading theories and stereotypes about serial killers, and does a good job too. Seriously the scariest fucking book I have ever read. She really connects you with the emotionaless mind of these guys.

Go buy it!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
Old 2005-02-06, 22:19
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pandemonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
I just finished reading a fucking awesome book on serial killers. "My Life Among the Serial Killers" by Helen Morrison, M.D. who's spent hundreds of hours with serial killers like John Wayne Gacy, Richard Macek, Robert Bendella, Ed Gein, etc. She prys deep into the psyche of these anomolies to try and explain her leading theory on why serial killers kill, and goes into eerie detail about the abominable acts they commited and why. She also attacks the other leading theories and stereotypes about serial killers, and does a good job too. Seriously the scariest fucking book I have ever read. She really connects you with the emotionaless mind of these guys.

Go buy it!

Haha, the Walkin' dude.
Old 2005-02-06, 22:47
Muffin Ass

Kings early shit was nice......pretty much everything after the 80's was garbage....just my opinion though.

I dont read non fiction anymore....my favorite author is Sagan.

"Talk Nerdy To Me"
Old 2005-02-07, 03:49
Senior Metalhead

i read all the time, and i read anything, although i have stayed away from stephen king for the most part. dunno why.
the room im in at the moment is a home-library. ive recently been reading from the occult shelf. not evil occult, more hippies stuff. like "the truth behind dowsing and devining" or "the secret of the pyramids", "atlantis:fact or fiction", "the power of plants".
some really interesting stuff there, but it will turn you crazy if you read to much into it.

has anyone read "catcher in the rye"?
would anyone care to explain the point behind it? the writing style flows incredibly and the whole thing is perfect except for the complete, total, lack of any plot whatsoever. i read the whole thing expecting something to happen, but it turned out it was the just like the first two chapters in a longer book, with a friday-afternoon ending.
"The complexity of the penguins' lifestyle testifies to a Divine Creator," said one commentator on Christian Answers. "To think that natural selection or even the penguins themselves could come up with the idea to migrate miles and miles multiple times each year without their partner or their offspring is a bit insulting to my intellect. How great is our God!"
Old 2005-02-15, 23:56
Forum Leader

So, who's read Charles Bukowski's novel South of No North? Fuck, this book is damn weird....
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
Old 2005-02-16, 06:05
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I'm currently reading two books-

1. "There are No Children Here" by Alex Kotlowitz, it's very good so far.
2. "Amphibians and Reptiles of New England (Habitats and Natural History) by Richard M. DeGraaf and Deborah D. Rudis. It's nothing more or less than I expected when I bought it.
Old 2005-02-16, 06:30
Post-whore
Banned

i'm on a crime kick too, i'm reading "lost light" by michael connolly. pretty good so far.

has anybody ever read anything by dave warner? "city of light" is possibly one of the best books ever written, crime or otherwise.
Old 2005-02-16, 08:37
round the world
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
So, who's read Charles Bukowski's novel South of No North? Fuck, this book is damn weird....

I've recently read his "The Most Beautiful Woman in Town: And Other Stories" book. The language is weird but I guess most metaltabbers will enjoy it
Old 2005-02-16, 11:23
Forum Leader

C. Bukowski gets pretty dirty....it's HI larious.
In this book, it starts out with this guy, Hank, in a bar. A lady sits next to him and suddenly pulls this wire cage from her purse. It has 4 little people in it, 2 guys and 2 girls, all about 3 inches tall. She even tells Hank about how hot she gets when they start to get down on each other. Well, they almost get really into it, and so Hank and the woman take the little people home. They fuck.

...and that's just the first chapter...

This is my band's page

Last edited by powersofterror : 2005-02-16 at 11:27.
Old 2005-02-16, 11:43
Muffin Ass

My Father was a life long USMC recon intsructor however passed away when I was twelve......in the past year or so...I have read MANY non fiction accounts of USMC and their adventures (for lack of a diff word) including a story of the most successful USMC Sniper "Carlos Hathcock" with 91 confirmed kills.
Yes...I know....I'm a ODD gal.

Old 2005-11-12, 18:54
Die Young.

As I stated in an eariler post I am reading A Game Of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. It is the first of the series(The 4th book just came out.) This is the first real fantasy novel I have read, excluding The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy. Usually I read fairly casually, but I have only had this novel for a week and two days and I'm already surpassing the 400 page mark. I cannot put this book down...has anyone else read it?

For more information - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=books&n=507846

I also starting reading The Lord of The Flies..a classic I have not read yet..

POST!!! WHAT ARE YOU READING?!!

Quote:

RIP moe.
Old 2005-11-12, 19:01
Lo, they do call to me...

Send a message via AIM to MoonRaven Send a message via MSN to MoonRaven Send a message via Yahoo to MoonRaven
ive been reading 1984 for the past few weeks, little bits at a time, its pretty interesting, im about a third of the way thru.
Old 2005-11-12, 19:10
Die Young.

Ahh, a classic, I've seen the movie as well...pretty fucking boring(3+ house too i beleive)...but it's fairly decent if you've loved the book.

Quote:

RIP moe.
Old 2005-11-12, 19:29
HES BAAACK

i liked lord of the flies. im actually reading the great gatsby right now but im not getting any of it.