MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2004-12-29, 13:55
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to societys finest Send a message via Yahoo to societys finest
well i used to love slipknot when i was younger,and to tell you the truth,slipknot got me into death metal. if i know anyone who likes slipknot,that most of the time they will like real metal too,so if one of my friends likes slipknot ill burn them a metal cd and most of the time they will like it,ive gotten atleast 4 people into real metal because of slipknot. i dont really listen to slipknot anymore but i can stand them.
Old 2004-12-29, 14:41
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Send a message via AIM to slayme_returns
This thread kicks all sorts of ass.

Oh, and Slipknot rules. In fact, moments ago, I was on my way to the CD player to put the new Slipknot in and I stepped on the case to Iron Maiden's 'Somewhere In Time'' record. I chuckled. I chuckled because Maiden ain't got shit on Slipknot, both of their guitarists blow those overrated faggots right out of the water.

Taste me.

Last edited by slayme_returns : 2004-12-29 at 14:45.
Old 2004-12-29, 14:52
Metalhead

Slipknot is actually a good band... the fact that they have 9 people in the band is quite amazing.. if you like them you like them if you dont you dont.. dont go around dissing them just because you listen to death metal.. the reason they have videos for some of the soft songs and why there being played on mtv is so they can host it and play all kinds of metal.. there amazing live... most of the people on these forums hate slipknot because there influenced by others saying shit like that.. i've scene people diss them all the time... and i cant stand the old stuff... 70's.. 80's.. get over it.. that was then.. this is now... slipknot is a great band...
Old 2004-12-29, 14:57
Metalhead

And no im not talking about maiden or slayer.. or any of those great bands.. im talking about acdc and guns'n'roses and all of them get over them.. kids at the age of 13 and 14 and 15... all where there t-shirts to school and diss alll kinds of metal.. im sick of them god... kids that think just because they can play stair way to heaven thing there greaat guitarist its rediculous..
Old 2004-12-29, 15:08
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to lamb_of_god Send a message via Yahoo to lamb_of_god
Exclamation Oh no................

OK. Confession time? Nu-metal I like : Drowning Pool and Godsmack

It's OK with me if you like that stuff, just DON'T POST IT ON HERE!!!!!! EVERYONE HATES THEM CUZ THEY SUCK!!!

To he who started this thread:
To everyone else: I'm not a big nu-metal fan. But I think those two guys are cool. Have I ever posted in support of nu-metal here? NO. CUZ IT'S A METAL site!!!! DER!!!!!! I do think it's possible to enjoy that and true metal at the same time, but in the end true metal triumphs.

JUST DON'T DO THIS AGAIN, OR ELSE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.

Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology
Old 2004-12-29, 16:02
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Send a message via AIM to slayme_returns
Jesus Christ, shut your whining hole.

Slipknot are greater than any other band on the planet, accept it.
Old 2004-12-29, 16:13
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to lamb_of_god Send a message via Yahoo to lamb_of_god
You, sir, suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.

Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology
Old 2004-12-29, 16:35
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRoot4
And no im not talking about maiden or slayer.. or any of those great bands.. im talking about acdc and guns'n'roses and all of them get over them.. kids at the age of 13 and 14 and 15... all where there t-shirts to school and diss alll kinds of metal.. im sick of them god... kids that think just because they can play stair way to heaven thing there greaat guitarist its rediculous..

You shut the fuck up. The difference between ACDC and Slipknot is that in five years NO ONE will even remember Slipknot.
Old 2004-12-29, 16:39
Crusher of Skulls

Send a message via AIM to philkilla Send a message via MSN to philkilla Send a message via Yahoo to philkilla
Quote:
Slipknot is actually a good band... the fact that they have 9 people in the band is quite amazing.. if you like them you like them if you dont you dont.. dont go around dissing them just because you listen to death metal.. the reason they have videos for some of the soft songs and why there being played on mtv is so they can host it and play all kinds of metal.. there amazing live... most of the people on these forums hate slipknot because there influenced by others saying shit like that.. i've scene people diss them all the time... and i cant stand the old stuff... 70's.. 80's.. get over it.. that was then.. this is now... slipknot is a great band...

What do you have against AC/DC and GNR???? Those guys influenced all the (rock) music that is out now.....or at least a vast majority of it. You really need to learn to love the oldies before you can love some new pop-metal band.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
Old 2004-12-29, 16:55
Metalhead

I despise hearing there names.. i didn't say anything about there music..
Old 2004-12-29, 17:02
Metalhead

Talking

and wtf are you talking about slipknot isn't pop-metal... I bet if you were go to a slipknot concert and think you would go and diss them.. you would get your ass kicked so fast.. you need to face it.. Slipknot is a great band.. you probably haven't even followed them threw out the years so you have no idea why they choose to make a record such as subliminal verses... you've probably only heard the song duality.. god... so why dont you shut the fuck up
Old 2004-12-29, 17:19
Crusher of Skulls

Send a message via AIM to philkilla Send a message via MSN to philkilla Send a message via Yahoo to philkilla
As a matter of fact, I used to love them, and I have all three albums....that shit just got stale man. Even if I did get beat the fuck up at one of their shows....it would be by about 15 high-school kids probably.....cus they can't defend themselves.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
Old 2004-12-29, 17:19
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I've heard every song they've put out. I give a fair listen to everything if I have any reason whatsoever to do so, and try to form my own opinions. I've even listened to every Burzum song, and everyone knows how I feel about them. I never hold an opinion of a band based on what the rest of the metal scene feels. So I've given them a good listen, and I guess that allows me the right to talk. Shut up. If you like them, fine. But nobody has to 'face' anything. You can't make them great by insisting they are ad nauseum. All you can do is confirm people's low opinions of Slipknot fans.

Of course I'd get my ass kicked if I talked shit about them to a concert hall full of people and they decided to all take me on. What does it prove about the band that I'm not tougher than a couple hundred people working in concert against me? We already knew this. I'm not Steven Seagal, and life isn't a shitty Seagal flick. Even if every single Slipknot fan in the world could beat me up in a fair fight, it wouldn't mean anything. Don't be a dumbass. I know it's hard. Just fight it.

Oh, and slayme has a point.
Old 2004-12-29, 18:06
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
and wtf are you talking about slipknot isn't pop-metal... I bet if you were go to a slipknot concert and think you would go and diss them.. you would get your ass kicked so fast.. you need to face it.. Slipknot is a great band.. you probably haven't even followed them threw out the years so you have no idea why they choose to make a record such as subliminal verses... you've probably only heard the song duality.. god... so why dont you shut the fuck up

This, kiddies, is a perfect example of what is wrong with internet forums. First off, anybody with all of their fingers can log on to one and post random words that betray everything we've come to learn about syntax and semantics, nevermind making logical sense. The second biggest problem is that you can not reach through your monitor and punch these changelings in the face. If I could, I'd knock this retard's teeth so far down his fucking throat he'd be shitting them out in an hour.

Every single day I am completely amazed by how moronic some of you are. It's almost tragic that people this stupid can even exist. A few of you really need to avoid computers altogether and put your helmets back on before you hurt yourselves. Go entertain yourselves with something shiny.

I can't believe how easy PST88 went on you. I can't be the only one seriously annoyed by the sudden influx of imbecililty.

Last edited by ChrisRezendes : 2004-12-29 at 18:10.
Old 2004-12-29, 18:08
Post-whore

Quote:

Old 2004-12-29, 18:14
Metalhead

hahahaha
Old 2004-12-29, 18:33
Post-whore

By the way, why hasn't this been locked yet? I find it very funny what these people have to say, but usually any thread with the word slipknot in it is locked in a matter of minutes.
Old 2004-12-29, 19:42
The Stings of Conscience

Send a message via AIM to Rapture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
You shut the fuck up. The difference between ACDC and Slipknot is that in five years NO ONE will even remember Slipknot.

i will
Old 2004-12-29, 19:44
The Stings of Conscience

Send a message via AIM to Rapture
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayme_returns
Jesus Christ, shut your whining hole.

Slipknot are greater than any other band on the planet, accept it.

your persuasive skills are AMAZING. do you work out?
Old 2004-12-29, 21:56
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pandemonium
Quote:

Man, you suck at the English language.