MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2004-12-27, 18:56
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Wow, so two people have completely failed Reading Comprehension: The Metaltabs Method. All you had to do was recognize the semantic difference between 'act' and 'play,' but apparently that was asking too much. Excellent job, gentlemen. You've really proven how true metalheads don't descend into the same juvenile idiocy of the 'maggots.' Especially andrewc.
Old 2004-12-27, 19:00
Post-whore
Banned

i couldn't tell if that was sarcastic or not PST, so if it was, bugger off, if it was, thank you very kindly (i was being sarcastic in my previous one though )
Old 2004-12-27, 20:57
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
Maggot rhymes with faggot
Old 2004-12-27, 21:07
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Joey fucking sucks.

He's playing session drums for Satyricon for they're US tour. Can't be too bad.

Last edited by Blizzard Beast : 2004-12-27 at 21:12.
Old 2004-12-27, 21:10
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Eternal
Things I hate about them:

1.Stupid rap vocals
2.The guy with the nose spends more time wanking his nose than actually playing
3.They inspired a whole bunch 13 - 15 yr old posers who dress in black think there goth and "hail satan"

Hell of alot better than inspiring them to put on do-rags and tattoo 2pac's birth and death dates on them somewhere. I'll take a "mall goth" over a punkass white kid trying to be a gangster anyday.

Last edited by Blizzard Beast : 2004-12-27 at 21:12.
Old 2004-12-27, 21:12
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Joey fucking sucks.

I suppose, but he's the only person in there with value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Eternal
2.The guy with the nose spends more time wanking his nose than actually playing

Oh no...he's playing all right.

The only song I can tolerate of Slipknot's is Surfacing. The song is actually pretty decent until I heard that stupid DJ scratching solo bullshit. I hated how they were hyped up, by some people I know especially. They told me they were the heaviest ever. Hell, my friend even told me, "What other band takes NINE people to make the music they do?"
Good gravy, I thought I'd never hear so much blasphemy when Slayer was playing on my boombox.
Old 2004-12-27, 22:23
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pandemonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard Beast

And that's why there wasn't a big turn out for Satyricon this tour.
Old 2004-12-27, 22:31
Senior Metalhead

I don't like their music. Simple as that. There are other reasons too though. I don't like their image or that gay mask and obsession over image thing. Joey is cool, I like his drumming, but i'm really not interested about the band as a whole.

Also whats up with having so many people in one band? Imagine when they have to split the profits lol. They'll get like $0.57 each from each concert.

/rant

PS...I was expecting worse flaming than this
Old 2004-12-27, 23:05
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Why do you care what we think?

If you like them, good for you... If your gonna change your opinion now because we all dislike them then just end your life.

Stupid questions always have stupid answers so stop asking them.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-12-27, 23:15
Senior Metalhead

I've seen quite a few slipknot fans they look like they just ate a lemon. Now if someone likes Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth etc. and likes slipknot then they are ok with me but if they like Slipknot, Limp Bizket, Korn and the Insane Clown Possie (insane clown possie who came up with that one?) and say maiden, slayer, megadeth etc. sucks then they can lick my balls! They dont even have to like the good metal bands they just have to respect them.

Bands with appearence gimics piss me off... Masks, Makeup they are just to get attention. Just play good music, no makeup, no masks, no rap, no djs!
Old 2004-12-28, 04:20
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard Beast

Oh yes he can.
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind
Old 2004-12-28, 10:43
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SuNioj0369
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON FART
PS...I was expecting worse flaming than this

We don't like Slipknot because of stupid ass cunts who come to this forum and sit around and waste our valuable fucking time making pointless threads like this that only repeat what has been said in a thousand other "Why Does Slipknot Suck" threads that have been closed, thus producing only hugely searing amounts of flames...that's why we don't like Slipknot you goat-fucking cunt! The MetalTab legions now wish death upon your stupid fucking cunt rag of a life!

How's that?
Old 2004-12-28, 12:04
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pandemonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
Oh yes he can.

Haha, I heard he can't even blast.
Old 2004-12-28, 14:35
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium
Haha, I heard he can't even blast.

He blasted on the beginning of people equal shit.
Old 2004-12-28, 15:21
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

I used to like slipknot a couple of years ago, but suddenly grew on to better bands, such as slayer, pantera, ozzy, maiden, etc.. i dont really like the whole 9 members thing, about 3 of them actually doing fuck all, except for jumping about, and the masks are pretty silly, but i do enjoy joeys drumming. I dont listen to them today, but still have there cd's from ages ago, and i could put up with it today, but ive moved on to better music now so it would be pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.
Old 2004-12-28, 15:47
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Wow, so two people have completely failed Reading Comprehension: The Metaltabs Method. All you had to do was recognize the semantic difference between 'act' and 'play,' but apparently that was asking too much. Excellent job, gentlemen. You've really proven how true metalheads don't descend into the same juvenile idiocy of the 'maggots.' Especially andrewc.

Sometimes people butcher what I said while tripping over their own syntax so badly that I just pretend like their post needn't be replied to. There really isn't a point in teaching somebody who can't learn.

As for the original topic, I can name about 1 billion reasons why Slipknot suck, but I'll try to keep it short. First off, there are 17 members of the band. 3 play instruments while the other 32 jump up and down. Secondly, they all wear masks. You know who else wear masks? GWAR and the Berzerker. Enough said. Thirdly, they down tune to try to sound heavy, but instead of trying to sound heavy, they should try to sound good. You know, maybe throw in something that would take me more than 30 seconds to tab. Instead, they just keep everything simple because it's really all they can do. Fourth, they have a DJ. Metal bands don't need a DJ, ever, under any circumstances. Fifth, they basically garnered their reputation (intentionally, mind you) as a freak show and not as a metal band, and so that's how I will always view them. As a freak show, not a metal band. A freak show that plays shitty metal that I could emulate in like 20 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlock_freak
great, seriously, but they are better than alot of bands and should be a little respected other than dissed. Look at Ryan Parry for example. I hope he gets assasinated

That's the most invalid point I've ever fucking heard. So, even though Slipknot aren't good, we should respect them because they aren't as bad as somebody else? What the fuck?! Going by your logic, even though Stalin was a murderous tyrant, we should give him a little respect because he wasn't as bad as Hitler. So go back to worshipping Stalin while listening to Slipknot, because logic like yours needs to be quarantined before some of the dumbasses that are already here pick up on it.

All kidding aside, your reasoning there really doesn't make any sense.
Old 2004-12-28, 22:16
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
Sometimes people butcher what I said while tripping over their own syntax so badly that I just pretend like their post needn't be replied to. There really isn't a point in teaching somebody who can't learn.

As for the original topic, I can name about 1 billion reasons why Slipknot suck, but I'll try to keep it short. First off, there are 17 members of the band. 3 play instruments while the other 32 jump up and down. Secondly, they all wear masks. You know who else wear masks? GWAR and the Berzerker. Enough said. Thirdly, they down tune to try to sound heavy, but instead of trying to sound heavy, they should try to sound good. You know, maybe throw in something that would take me more than 30 seconds to tab. Instead, they just keep everything simple because it's really all they can do. Fourth, they have a DJ. Metal bands don't need a DJ, ever, under any circumstances. Fifth, they basically garnered their reputation (intentionally, mind you) as a freak show and not as a metal band, and so that's how I will always view them. As a freak show, not a metal band. A freak show that plays shitty metal that I could emulate in like 20 seconds.

That's the most invalid point I've ever fucking heard. So, even though Slipknot aren't good, we should respect them because they aren't as bad as somebody else? What the fuck?! Going by your logic, even though Stalin was a murderous tyrant, we should give him a little respect because he wasn't as bad as Hitler. So go back to worshipping Stalin while listening to Slipknot, because logic like yours needs to be quarantined before some of the dumbasses that are already here pick up on it.

All kidding aside, your reasoning there really doesn't make any sense.

One reason why I actually like Slipknot threads is seeing long-time members make idiots out of the Slipknot people.
Old 2004-12-28, 23:49
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNioj0369
We don't like Slipknot because of stupid ass cunts who come to this forum and sit around and waste our valuable fucking time making pointless threads like this that only repeat what has been said in a thousand other "Why Does Slipknot Suck" threads that have been closed, thus producing only hugely searing amounts of flames...that's why we don't like Slipknot you goat-fucking cunt! The MetalTab legions now wish death upon your stupid fucking cunt rag of a life!

How's that?

Im so proud!
Old 2004-12-29, 00:57
Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to Seasons in the Abyss
I never gave into Slipknot or any of this Nu Metal, you speak of. What's with all these labels anyway? That's what band names are for ..........right?

PST 88 and johnmansley hit the nail right on the head with musical development. I remember how I started off listening to Our Lady Peace, but had eventually dug up the likes of Maiden and Metallica.In the past two years, I have expanded my knowledge of music by miles, and I only have the internet to thank..............oh, AND the bands!

The thing that bugs me the most though, has to be how sympathetic some underground fans can be by passing on extremely ignorant comments of how bands like Slipknot can meet the same bar of acceptance bands like Morbid worked hard to get to. Although I can turn off the t.v. and ignore all the mtv/muchmusic garbage, it's seems inescapable on sites like these.

Let's not try to turn this into a masacre, as Slipknot can serve us on another level; entertainment. With all the fuss surrounding the band's talent, they come off as musicians who think on the same terms of the tonedeaf, and I just settle to conclude them as smart as the fans who listen to them.
Old 2004-12-29, 04:05
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Co
I've seen quite a few slipknot fans they look like they just ate a lemon. Now if someone likes Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth etc. and likes slipknot then they are ok with me but if they like Slipknot, Limp Bizket, Korn and the Insane Clown Possie (insane clown possie who came up with that one?) and say maiden, slayer, megadeth etc. sucks then they can lick my balls! They dont even have to like the good metal bands they just have to respect them.

I'm not a leanient as that. If they listen to slipknot or other nu-metal bands, it doesn't matter is you have a Rust in Piece and Number of the Beast band shirt...You will still be a fag IMO.