MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2004-12-23, 05:54
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Ill tune my 7 string down for -Zb and play the dopest beat you'll ever hear!

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-12-23, 07:12
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

OMG, I cant wait to hear that!

Old 2004-12-23, 10:48
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

if i had a bass i'd record it, i dont think ill do guitar cause the sound of my multi-effect is ueber-shitty

Old 2004-12-23, 13:33
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Now, after we record our work, how do you suppose we post up a [very] large file on the internet?
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2004-12-23, 17:44
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Old 2004-12-23, 18:31
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
Fuck I'll try the bass too!

Looks like ive got competition then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2004-12-24, 14:47
Amon rA
Senior Metalhead

ad one to your guitar tally mr
i dunno about the rest.
if you still need more i could try bass/vocals
but it would be better to leave some of my talents undiscovered.
"The complexity of the penguins' lifestyle testifies to a Divine Creator," said one commentator on Christian Answers. "To think that natural selection or even the penguins themselves could come up with the idea to migrate miles and miles multiple times each year without their partner or their offspring is a bit insulting to my intellect. How great is our God!"

Old 2004-12-24, 23:59
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Ok, it's getting there. I finally had some real time to work on this today, and here is where it stands. The rhythm track is about 4:55 long give or take a few seconds. It has an intro and outro, as well as one basic structure that repeats three times during the song with a bridge/mosh/whatever around 2/3 of the way through the song. Now that I have it figured it out it will probably take me a day or so to post it. I'm going to work on it and try to get it up here in the next several hours though. If you want to participate I would prefer you post your intent here as soon as possible and before I post my track. The main reason for that is so no one has an advance idea of what I'm doing before they enter the contest. Right now, no one has a clue and I like that. I think it keeps the playing field open. I'm going to try to factor in the click track if I can, but I don't know. If not you will just have to go with it and do the best you can. You may have to rely on my 19 yrs playing without a drummer and 1 year playing with a really good one for timings sake. If I end up being off on the track then don't sweat it too much. Everyone has to compete based on the same initial track. So, track is coming soon. Very soon. Please sign up to enter the contest NOW if you are going to do so.
Listen motherfucker, I'm into purity! When I say purity I mean the real deal...we all listen to music and borrow from each other and that's what keeps it cool, but I'm into one-hundred percent ass whippin'. ~Dimebag

Old 2004-12-25, 00:01
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPDime
You may have to rely on my 19 yrs playing without a drummer and 1 year playing with a really good one for timings sake.
That may make it sound like I am some hot smoking guitarist. I am NOT! I have been playing 20 yrs, yes, but it's been off n' on and I am just not really anything special on the guitar. I hope you all realize that.

Also, I will post final rules at the time I post the track, so...before recording your part, please, PLEASE, read ALL the rules.
Listen motherfucker, I'm into purity! When I say purity I mean the real deal...we all listen to music and borrow from each other and that's what keeps it cool, but I'm into one-hundred percent ass whippin'. ~Dimebag

Old 2004-12-25, 01:23
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I hunger.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2004-12-25, 13:05
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Where are you going to post it?
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2004-12-27, 01:45
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

I'm going to post it online on some site. We'll put the link in here and in the sticky. But slight change of plans. I recorded it a couple times today and on playback realized there are some areas I want to change/smooth out, so I am going to take a little more time before I post it. I have a lot of shit going on this week but I'm going to squeeze time in on this anyway. Sorry people if that is an issue for any of you, but I'm paying for this. I want it to be right. That is all.

Old 2004-12-28, 06:21
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

take as much time as you need to get it perfect, I would rather wait a month for a track that is 100% in time and has no wrong notes than get a sloppy peice of playing in a day

Old 2005-01-02, 12:18
RUSSIANROULETTE
Supreme Metalhead

Sick idea man, very generous of you too.

Sign me up for the cause.....guitar....and maybe vox

THUNDERBREW

R.I.P
DIMEBAG DARRELL

Old 2005-01-05, 17:16
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

The contest is still on, I haven't forgotten about it or anything like that. It's just taking a little longer, partially because I want it to be right, and partially due to some fucked up shit I am having to deal with in my personal life right now and with work. To everyone who has pledged to take part, I'm sorry to delay, but hang around and check back periodically to see where we're at. Thanks to all of you who have tossed your hats in the ring. It's going to be fun. I'll ask Darko to update the sticky title so everyone can easily see when the contest has started and the clock is ticking.

Old 2005-01-06, 00:13
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

i guess i missed out on this discussion for the last month.

Put me down for guitar and vocals for sure.... possibly drums. I record in an actual studio, digital equipment. Experience recording death metal and heavy metal.

Cant wait to hear the rhythm!

Old 2005-01-06, 00:25
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

got a question

now lets say i got the guitar tracks all finished then i want to add vocals. But before i add the vocals, can i post the guitar track? that way if you dont like the guitar WITH vocals, you can at least still keep my guitar.

ok wait a second.... Doing guitar first is fine, but once you put vocals and bass on, its gonna be really hard for the drummer to get the rhythm and timing correct unless your really damn good.
So the question is... shouldnt the guitar track be specifically followed by the drums? THEN go ahead and put vocs and bass on in either order.

Maybe its been talked about but just let me know what you think. I just read all 6 pages of posts and i forgot the first half already.

Last edited by MorbidGuitar : 2005-01-06 at 00:27.

Old 2005-01-06, 01:56
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidGuitar
So the question is... shouldnt the guitar track be specifically followed by the drums? THEN go ahead and put vocs and bass on in either order.

Quick Rules Synopsis:

1) Tracks will be recorded and voted on in this order: Guitar, Drums, Bass, Vocals
2) There will be at least one week minimum between the time that a track from one category is voted on and wins and the cutoff time for entries for the next category.
3) You may not submit a category (guitar, drums, etc) until the prior category's winning track has been chosen.
4) You must record your instrument for your category over the winning track from the prior category (in this way the song evolves with each round of voting and new winner). So the guitar winner will have to record over my rhythm track. The Drums winner will have to record over the winning guitar track which is recorded over my track. The winning bassist will record over the winning drum track that already includes two guitars and the drums, and so on. The final winner (vocalist) will lay down a track over an otherwise complete song. Hopefully that makes sense.
5) Winners are voted for, and ultimately chosen, by metaltabs users -- NOT by me. I am however considering a post minimum for voters or something to insure people don't create a bunch of accounts to come on and vote for themselves. I don't suspect anyone who has signed up so far would do that, because they all seem pretty cool but it did occur to me. What do people think, do we need to make a rule like that?

There are more rules which can be found in the sticky by Darko, but I think that clarifies order of recording and recording/winning process. Let me know if there are more questions...

Old 2005-01-06, 01:57
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

for rule 5... We have mods.. they have powers, one lets them see IP's.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-01-06, 02:07
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
for rule 5... We have mods.. they have powers, one lets them see IP's.

Works for me so long as someone wants to step up and monitor all votes. Depending on the number of votes it could be easy, or it could be hard -- you guys (mods) make the call and let us know. Thanks.

PS - Someone can still go around to a bunch of diff computers and get away with it, but if they want to go to all that trouble to get the $100 then maybe they should.

Old 2005-01-06, 08:48
nomad
round the world
Administrator

You could create a public poll, where all voters are visible and count votes only from full fledged members (min. number of days since registration and min. number of posts).

Well, just a hint

Old 2005-01-06, 09:14
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Nice av Nomad!

Old 2005-01-06, 14:17
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

That sounds like an error proof way.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2005-01-06, 16:29
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Agreed.
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-01-06, 17:18
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
You could create a public poll, where all voters are visible and count votes only from full fledged members (min. number of days since registration and min. number of posts).

Well, just a hint
Yup, I like it, especially the part about minimum number of days since registration. We'll get something into the rules about that. I will confer with Darko and when we start the contest we will update the rules with a required amount of time since reg. So that means anyone who regularly reads the forum but isn't registered, if you want to participate you better register soon. And if you are thinking of making multiple accounts right away, don't do it. Your IP will be seen and...
??...
or at least disqualified from the contest. Thanks Nomad.

Last edited by RIPDime : 2005-01-06 at 17:21.

Old 2005-01-15, 08:57
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Ok people, its not a final draft, but a very ROUGH draft. I want to at least expose you all to what it is and where its going. Someone tell me where I can sign up to post something you all can listen to. More to follow... Thanks, RD.

Old 2005-01-15, 09:47
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

WTF?/ Has anybody's balls dropped on this forum? I'm about to be outta here for good. Ya I been drinking whiskey tonite, and ya I am feeling very fucking feisty... but once again I am the threadkiller. No shit... I am just about done wasting my time here. I think I'll give it another hour and if no one responds, I'd just rather be gone for good. We'll see... <waiting for a post... >

Old 2005-01-15, 09:49
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

dont be so hostile man, it's just not exactly rush hour here round this time.

i could upload it if i had the file, but you could also create an account on those mpp3.com-like sites

Old 2005-01-15, 10:19
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Ok, I'm going to bed. I will check in tomorrow and see what the response is.... I don't mean to be an ass but there is like ... just a few people here I even care to talk to. I like the idea of this contest, but we'll see what the response looks like. Honestly at this point seems like a bunch of kids... and a waste of my time. I have better things to do. Not to be an ass, but really I have better things to do. I really don't give a shit if you all flame me, and I am not trying to be a dick. But I'm tired of being a threadkiller. I thought this was a good idea, but... IMHO limited response from day one, a few that seem serious. The rest of you, I dunno, but seems like a fuckin joke and therefore aint worth my money. Especially since my money is very desperately needed by ME right now. If you want in this contest, I want to see your post here in the next 24 hours. If at least 6 people sign up for each instrument then I will still do it. You can only sign up for ONE instrument!! Including vocals! Otherwise, I feel like I am wasting my time and money.

Who has balls around here? If you are a woman I'm sorry to be a lying sexist hypocrital egotistical bigot (You have to see the movie 9-to-5 to understand this quote!). Emma-O is the only chick who has some fucking gonads as far as I am concerned. She has my respect and balls of steel. But that's another matter. Let's see who signs on in the next 24. If you already signed up I'm sorry. Please reinstate your intent now. The first 6 to sign on for each instrument (guitar, drums, bass, vocals) in the next 24 hours are in. When you sign up state your instrument. Sorry, but new rules. This is costing me bank and I just lost my job and now have to move out of my house. I have 4 kids and can't afford to waste my money. If I am putting up $$$ for this contest I want to see response. If you don't like it sorry, you'll live. That is all.

Last edited by RIPDime : 2005-01-15 at 10:40.

Old 2005-01-15, 10:44
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

well, im in for drums then

Old 2005-01-15, 10:56
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Quote:
Ok, I'm going to bed. I will check in tomorrow and see what the response is.... I don't mean to be an ass but there is like ... just a few people here I even care to talk to. I like the idea of this contest, but we'll see what the response looks like. Honestly at this point seems like a bunch of kids... and a waste of my time. I have better things to do. Not to be an ass, but really I have better things to do. I really don't give a shit if you all flame me, and I am not trying to be a dick. But I'm tired of being a threadkiller. I thought this was a good idea, but... IMHO limited response from day one, a few that seem serious. The rest of you, I dunno, but seems like a fuckin joke and therefore aint worth my money. Especially since my money is very desperately needed by ME right now. If you want in this contest, I want to see your post here in the next 24 hours. If at least 6 people sign up for each instrument then I will still do it. You can only sign up for ONE instrument!! Including vocals! Otherwise, I feel like I am wasting my time and money.

Who has balls around here? If you are a woman I'm sorry to be a lying sexist hypocrital egotistical bigot (You have to see the movie 9-to-5 to understand this quote!). Emma-O is the only chick who has some fucking gonads as far as I am concerned. She has my respect and balls of steel. But that's another matter. Let's see who signs on in the next 24. If you already signed up I'm sorry. Please reinstate your intent now. The first 6 to sign on for each instrument (guitar, drums, bass, vocals) in the next 24 hours are in. When you sign up state your instrument. Sorry, but new rules. This is costing me bank and I just lost my job and now have to move out of my house. I have 4 kids and can't afford to waste my money. If I am putting up $$$ for this contest I want to see response. If you don't like it sorry, you'll live. That is all.

HAhahahaha

Old 2005-01-15, 11:14
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Ok people, its not a final draft, but a very ROUGH draft. I want to at least expose you all to what it is and where its going. Someone tell me where I can sign up to post something you all can listen to. More to follow... Thanks, RD.

www.Digitalsoundplanet.com

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-01-15, 15:14
Amon rA
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

one for guitar.

if you dont get your six guys for each:
still do this. you dont need to pay out. regardless of money, im doing this because it sounds like a good idea. some things are better than money.
that doesnt mean i wont take your cash if you offer. god knows i need it. but I won't be bothered either way.
"The complexity of the penguins' lifestyle testifies to a Divine Creator," said one commentator on Christian Answers. "To think that natural selection or even the penguins themselves could come up with the idea to migrate miles and miles multiple times each year without their partner or their offspring is a bit insulting to my intellect. How great is our God!"

Last edited by Amon rA : 2005-01-15 at 15:18.

Old 2005-01-15, 16:38
Smell the Glove
New Blood

Quote:

If you are offering up this money, then offer up and start the contest. Post your rythm track and the deadline. Those that can put something together will. If you don't want to put the money up, then just post the track and organize the contest without the money. I am sure there would still be interest even without prize money. It needs not to be this dramatic.

Old 2005-01-15, 16:46
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

okay, I'm down for just guitar then.

Old 2005-01-15, 16:50
younguitarist
Post-whore

and make sure you add some mids on your tone Ian

Old 2005-01-15, 17:50
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove
If you are offering up this money, then offer up and start the contest. Post your rythm track and the deadline. Those that can put something together will. If you don't want to put the money up, then just post the track and organize the contest without the money. I am sure there would still be interest even without prize money. It needs not to be this dramatic.
You're right. God I am a twat when I get drunk. And last night I got traaaashed. Sorry folks. I had good reason to though. Considering all of the news I just got. What was dumb was coming here on metaltabs and posting. But I mean it. I offered to put up the money and that's why I am sticking with it. I want to keep my word. Even though I cannot afford it right now. I could possibly have to extend the payment periods or something. But that is if enough people respond in time. Otherwise I will ask who wants to do it without the money. That certainly will make it a whole lot easier on me. Or, is there somebody else whose got some cash and wants to pitch in and help me finance this? Sorry for the drama. LOL. What a fucking tampon! I just re-read some of the shit I posted last night LOLOL.

Old 2005-01-15, 20:02
powersofterror
Forum Leader

I'd be very suprised at that... If you don't have the money, why did you even bring this up? Yes, it's a fine idea but either way it's going to be your waste of money.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-01-16, 08:39
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Just sign me up for guitar then.
I think you'll have a hard time finding 6 persons for each instrument, since this forum is pretty much guitar orientated. I also doubt there are 24 regulars able to join this contest.

I suck at guitar and probbalby not win, but if i will, please do keep your money. God knows how much i need even one dollar, but i know your pain man, and i don't even have a wife and kids to support. I could never take it and not feel bad about it. The only reason i enter this contest is because i think its an intresting thing to do.
Why would you sig that?

Last edited by brainsforbreakfast : 2005-01-16 at 08:50.

Old 2005-01-16, 18:44
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
I'd be very suprised at that... If you don't have the money, why did you even bring this up? Yes, it's a fine idea but either way it's going to be your waste of money.
Well unfortunately I had a tech-job making $70k per year when I started the contest. But since then I've been laid off. So my situation has changed drastically. But I am a person who likes to keep my word and that is why I didn't just drop the idea of the contest immediately.

Seems there are certainly some people who are interested in doing this contest because it is interesting. Some others who are in it for the prizes. I'm sorry, but I have decided to put the contest on hold for a while until I can get re-established. I want to be able to offer the cash prizes since I said I would and there seemed to be a lot more interest in the contest when I did. It will probably take me a few months to be back in a position where I can do this again. Darko, can you update the sticky with the news that the contest is on hold and will be resumed again when I'm ready? Thanks.

Old 2005-01-16, 18:59
powersofterror
Forum Leader

whatever floats your boat, mate. But don't get bitchy when this thread goes straight to the bottom of the page.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-01-16, 19:04
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Just do it without the prize - you won't lose any respect and if people don't like it tell them to felch the cum out of their father's arse.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2005-01-16, 19:18
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Exactly.. im sure 90% of us didnt believe you would actually pay the winners anyways.

Just post the damn track already!

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-01-16, 19:27
ManOwaR
Post-whore

IF you want to give money at least lower the prize to $50 or somthing...?

Old 2005-01-16, 20:18
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Its an intresting experiment. Just post the rythm track and see what people make of it. An contest coul be held later. But it would be a waste to put it on hold now IMO.
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-01-26, 02:48
RUSSIANROULETTE
Supreme Metalhead

I'm in (guitar) and not for the money....for the hell of it. It'll be fun. Besides, it'd be a good chance to pay tribute to Dime

THUNDERBREW

R.I.P
DIMEBAG DARRELL

Old 2005-01-26, 02:54
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

What happened, is the contest still going on? I remember like visiting some friend over new years and the contest just disappeared.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2005-01-26, 03:07
powersofterror
Forum Leader

RIPDime has his own trouble and time so it'll be months until he has time for a track.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-03-16, 01:50
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

What the hell is happening with this, I was looking forward to my $100

Old 2005-03-16, 03:11
powersofterror
Forum Leader

What the hell, are you so blind you can't even read the post directly above your own?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
RIPDime has his own trouble and time so it'll be months until he has time for a track.

He doesn't want to do it without the money, and right now he can't afford to pay money to people like you. This contest is on a continuous hold until his say.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-03-16, 07:51
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

okay it has been a good 3 months, so I thought a bit of prompting/bumping/refreshing was in order, in case anyone had forgot aboput it

Old 2005-03-16, 09:53
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Maybe we should make our own metaltabs song for shits and giggles in the meantime...
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-03-16, 09:58
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

B4B, contact Infinity

Old 2005-03-16, 20:24
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsforbreakfast
Maybe we should make our own metaltabs song for shits and giggles in the meantime...

Yes. I was looking foward to the song..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-08-16, 05:11
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Back...

Well People, I have been gone a long time I know. That be what it may, I can now do the contest. I have had a lot of shit happen, and I now live in a different place, different state and so on. It seems like there is some other stuff going on now... (metaltabs band?) Anyway, if there is still interest I can now do the contest as I had originally intended. Let me know if you all still want to do it. Contest payments would be paid out as soon as Oct 31 if people are still interested. I owe you all an apology. That's life. Sorry. I had to take care of some personal business but I have re-established myself. I am willing to put the funds in an account to be monitored by a trusted source until the contest is complete. Maybe all interest is lost, and if so, Ok. I can accept that. If not, then great. I will fund the completion of a metaltabs song. Here's the catch. My new job has me too busy to complete an initial guitar track. So I will take entries of someone else's guitar track. I will pick my favorite and that will be the one the rest of the contest is based on. (Go back and read the rules for the rest of the details. They are here on metaltabs somewhere in this thread!). So I am ready to do it, if anyone else is still interested... I guess that's all I have to say. Let me know what you think people. Either way, R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Forever. We will never forget you.

Last edited by RIPDime : 2005-08-16 at 05:14.

Old 2005-08-16, 05:15
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

well since I won the metaltabs band guitar track, i think i should get $100

Old 2005-08-16, 05:42
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

I'll try.

Old 2005-08-16, 09:42
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Heh, you sure picked a time to come back here
Well, even tough I have not much time, I'll try.
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-08-16, 09:59
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Welcome back dude, lets get this fucker kick started!!!!

Old 2005-08-18, 11:30
Amon rA
Senior Metalhead

ill have a go at the lead guitar, though i dont have time to make a rythum track again. what happenned to the track you had almost done before?

Old 2005-08-18, 13:12
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Yeah, if you still know the progression, or can tab it, I could record it or something.
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-08-18, 17:21
Tulvox
Post-whore

Yeah, Ian did win the metaltabs band rhythm track so go with him. There has only been one drum entry so far, you can look it up in the Mtabs band - Drum thread. Its by Theoldman. Being as this contest was yours to begin with would you rather guide it to completion?

www.maddox.xmission.com

Old 2005-08-18, 18:14
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Tullie, I'm sending you an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCS
well since I won the metaltabs band guitar track, i think i should get $100

You are good, but JH > You. And you > me.

...and me > EVERYONE. Ok, playtime over. I might do something for this. I have to re-read it all because I missed the point of the contest.

Awesome.

Last edited by Dissection : 2005-08-18 at 18:27.

Old 2005-08-18, 18:48
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

yeah, JH is good, but I wouldnt automatically call him better than me. We need to have some sort of guitar-off first.

Old 2005-08-18, 21:49
Tulvox
Post-whore

we already had a guitar off...

www.maddox.xmission.com

Old 2005-08-21, 05:53
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Sorry...

Ok, well I have given it 5 days. Sorry people but there's just not enough interest anymore. It's too bad. But it seems like people have gone in other directions and that's cool. It was a nice idea but it ain't gonna happen if there is not enough musicians on board. It's just not worth the $$ in that case. Hopefully you guys understand. I could still get into it without the money involved, but that's a whole other thing. Thanks to the guys who were interested though. You're all pretty damn cool.

===================
Just for shits n' giggles though here is a copy of the original rhythm track I had been working on months ago, if anyone is interested in hearing it...It ain't great and it's still a bit rough, but here it is anyway...

http://www.provostdetail.com/eben/Song_Idea.mp3

Last edited by RIPDime : 2005-08-21 at 06:06.

Old 2005-08-21, 10:34
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Wtf have we got here...,

Wow, this one started a....long.....time ago, but never took off. Is it back on? Not enough musicians on the board? Aren't 99% of us musicians here? Plus like you had about 15 or so say they was interested from back in jan. So no cash reward? How about a hot bitch or something? Give me a reward and I'd put the work into it, lord knows I need some fuckin cash in a sick way. RIPDime is that the rhythm track for the song you wanted to be completed?

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2005-08-22, 04:45
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie_gravy
Wtf have we got here...,

Wow, this one started a....long.....time ago, but never took off. Is it back on? Not enough musicians on the board? Aren't 99% of us musicians here? Plus like you had about 15 or so say they was interested from back in jan. So no cash reward? How about a hot bitch or something? Give me a reward and I'd put the work into it, lord knows I need some fuckin cash in a sick way. RIPDime is that the rhythm track for the song you wanted to be completed?

yeah, that's it -- though I hadn't really completed it myself. More of just an idea at this point. Too much has happened and the project doesn't have the momentum it once did. But that's cool. I fucking disappeared for a long ass time while I got my life back together. I understand no one is waiting around on pins n' needles. At the least it seems the idea spawned some other ideas on the board and that's cool. I'm kind of a sucky guitarist anyway, for as long as I have been playing lol.

Old 2005-08-22, 21:49
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

I heard some great potential (ideas) in that track. Could use a lil shaping but, definitely has some good ideas. I may just fuck with it for shits n giggles.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2005-08-28, 17:09
briyo2289
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Ok, well I have given it 5 days. Sorry people but there's just not enough interest anymore. It's too bad. But it seems like people have gone in other directions and that's cool. It was a nice idea but it ain't gonna happen if there is not enough musicians on board. It's just not worth the $$ in that case. Hopefully you guys understand. I could still get into it without the money involved, but that's a whole other thing. Thanks to the guys who were interested though. You're all pretty damn cool.

===================
Just for shits n' giggles though here is a copy of the original rhythm track I had been working on months ago, if anyone is interested in hearing it...It ain't great and it's still a bit rough, but here it is anyway...

http://www.provostdetail.com/eben/Song_Idea.mp3

dude you should try to get one of the forum leades t make it a sticky and like every month or something someone will post a new rythm track. Then people can just post whatever and let it go on and form into whatever it does. people can post back after they write stuff over it. No money obviously but still if i ever borrowed my friends recorder i would totally be up for that.

"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light guage if I'm gonna thrash." - Master Shake

Death, Megadeth, Testament, Ozzy, Exodus, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Annihilator, Pantera, GWAR, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Anthrax, Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Kreator, Hammerfall, Nevermore.

RIP DimeBag
RIP Syd Barrett

Old 2005-08-28, 17:59
ihave27frets
Senior Metalhead

awww, and I could have handed that shit over to Metal Blade...and made $100.