MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Tabs > Tab Questions & Requests
User Name
Password

Old 2005-09-24, 22:52
Senior Metalhead

I think the domination solo is pretty easy. I was gunna play it in front my school but I got cut off right on the pre-solo riff by my vice principle ms. moran, fuking bitch!
anyway anyone got medicine man or rise solo in power tab?
Old 2005-09-24, 23:03
Pirate Lawd

What do you mean you where going to play it but got cut off?
Old 2005-09-25, 23:21
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
What do you mean you where going to play it but got cut off?

well its actually knid of a funny story, which enrages me everytime I think about it . It was a american Idol copy cat that was the only thing close to a talent show the whole schoole year that me and my two buddys could perform at. So we practicied in school and at our bassists house every friday for four weeks to perform Thislove/Domination (and by the way, did I mention I had to sing or we couldnt play?)
Anyway we got thru this love with my vocals not sounding too bad over the verse lines of this love my buddy matt was playing, and I did get to play tthose two mini solos and the heavy part after the chorus which got some aws from the crowd! and thats were we switched to the pre solo riff in Domination, where we were going right to the end, me playing the main solo, matt playing the second solo and then we were just gunna go nuts for the finali.
Thats were that bitch Moran comes in. This was' (Breaker) Idol. There had to be drama of some sort. when kids sounded bad they smashed symbols for theyr pitiful ill prepared performances to shut there ass up. Then theyd make fun of them. There were plenty of these. But few people with talent or Instruments. We had more talent then any of these kids by far. But we did not get even three minutes to show it! Even the christian dude playing guitar with his effects proccesor and singing his gay song that he made up got his full four minutes. Fuck that pisses me off!

The worst part was they didnt even kick uss off for sounding bad, they claimed there was not enuf time for two extra minutes. But there was plenty of fucking time. I HOPE YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL BITCH!

thank you for letting me share my pain.

Old 2005-11-21, 14:23
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SuNioj0369
Most shows involved with schools either turn out extraordinarly gay or suprisingly well after my experience.
Old 2005-12-24, 17:26
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to metalpro
the tab for "im broken" that i tabbed out, im pretty sure is right, up till the guitar solo. and the one under mine, im not sure who did it, but the solo might look pretty accurate, so those would probly combine well.

scream when u feel the pain. i probly wont stop.
Old 2006-01-22, 17:12
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
aight guys, i'm putting I am the Night (song) in guitar pro. I'm not a real shredder so if anyone would like to tab the middle solo for me i'd be delighted. You would be a co-autor ofcourse.
Old 2006-01-28, 16:01
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Hey Menno, do you want my Valhalla tab to GP?
Old 2006-02-20, 20:53
New Blood

Send a message via MSN to koglos
Currently working on Heresy and Message in Blood (fucking classics).

Pretty cool tribute to Dime:
http://www.deanguitars.com/sixstringmp/

Last edited by koglos : 2006-03-24 at 18:56.
Old 2006-03-24, 17:40
New Blood

Could someone do Red Light Turnin' Blue? It's an instrumental off Projects in the Jungle.
Old 2006-09-29, 13:42
New Blood

which tab is correct for Cemetary Gates?

i am new to guitar, trying to learn the song. i am trying to learn the main riff with those couple squeals in it. there seem to be 2 ways to play it. which one is correct? also, if anyone has the time, maybe try and clean up the Cemetary Gates tabs? there are quite a few of them... thanks.

*-*-* ~ ~ ~ *
E :-------------------------------------------------------------|
B :-------------------------------------------------------------|
G :------------------------4------------------------------------|
D :2-------2-2-1-2-3---2-3---2-3-2-------2-2-1-2-3---2-3p2------|
A :0-0-0-0-0---------------------0-0-0-0-0----------------3-2-3-|
E :---------------------------------------------------------0 1-|

OR THIS WAY--

E :-------------------------|---------------------|-----------------------|
B :-------------------------|---------------------|-----------------------|
G :-------------------------|---------------------|-----------------------|
D :-------------------------|--------7~-----------|-----------------------|
A :7--7--7--7--7--7p6h7---8~|---7h8-----7h8----7--|7--7--7--7--7p6h7-8~--6|
E :5--5--5--5--5------------|------------------5--|5--5--5--5-------------|
" " " "
Old 2006-09-29, 14:05
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to ThornsOfHeaven200
I play it the first way you posted, though I am very sure that Dime plays it the second way, or so it seems in the Cemetery Gates vid.
Old 2006-09-29, 19:00
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to Hidrio
I do it the 2nd way, but whatever's natural I guess.
Old 2006-10-09, 10:16
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via MSN to problematic
2nd way I play.
Old 2006-11-19, 06:18
New Blood

Send a message via MSN to I'm Broken
Go to you tube and search for Dime Clinic u will see some kick as vids of him player Vulgar and Cowboys songs and the camera man does well of staying on the fret board while he plays so this will help with some tabbing.
Old 2009-01-11, 14:20
New Blood

pleas help i can't find pantera tabs from this site!
Old 2010-09-02, 06:58
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi
pleas help i can't find pantera tabs from this site!
The tabs are unavailable at the moment thanks to the legal issues the site has been having.

Don't worry lads, I didn't bump a year-and-a-half old thread just to respond to this one-post wonder

I've tabbed 2 Pantera songs which were accepted on the site but are obviously unavailable for the aforementioned reasonage. I was hoping for some critique from seasoned Pantera fans, because I don't normally tab this kind of music, although I do listen to it (obviously!). This seemed like the appropriate thread to use.

The tabs are hosted here:

10's
Guitar | Bass | Guitar Pro

Shedding Skin
Guitar | Bass | Guitar Pro

I was dissatisfied with the currently available tabs for these tunes, and given that most of them are direct copies from official tab books - which are supposed to be correct but rarely are - I felt that it was unlikely they'd ever be tabbed correctly. Until NOW! BAM!

The "Chorus" riff of Shedding Skin is tabbed in a very different way than most tabs do it, but I'm 99.9% sure my way is correct. Here's why:

Code:
||--------------------------------------------| ||--------------------------8- \--------------| ||--------------------------x-----------------| ||--------------------------9- \--------------| ||--------------------------7- \--------------| ||--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0-------0--0-3b4--0--| ...................... .... |-----------------------------------------| |--R--------------------8- \--------------| |--E--------------------x-----------------| |--S--------------------9- \--------------| |--T--------------------7- \--------------| |-----0--0--0--0--0--0-------0--0-3b4--0--| ................ .... |_______________________________[1,3] |------------------------------------------|---------------------------------| | |-R--------------------8- \----------------|---------------------------------| | |-E--------------------x-------------------|---------------------------------|*| |-S--------------------9- \----------------|---------------------------------|*| |-T--------------------7- \-0-0------------|---------------------------------| | |----0--0--0--0--0--0-------0---(3/5)-(7b8 | r 7 b 8 r 7 b 8 r 7)--3b4--0--| | ................ |___________________________________[2] |-----------------------------------| | |-----------------------------------| | |-----------------------------------|*| |-----------------------------------|*| |-----------------------------------| | | r 7 b 8 r 7 b 8 r 7)--(5\1)--0--| | |__________________________________[4] |----------------------------------| | |----------------------------------| | |----------------------------------|*| |----------------------------------|*| |----------------------------------| | | r 7 b 8 r 7 b 8 r 7)--(5\1)----| |
That chord on the 7th fret can be heard if you listen very carefully; the other tabs simply have this tabbed as a basic E5 played in the open position. The high-end notes are always omitted, in other words. If you also factor in the downward slide of this chord after it's struck you're left with no option but to play it somewhere where a downward slide is possible, i.e. not in the open position.

The reason I opted to tab the bent notes on the low-E as opposed to the A string is again because of the subtle slides you can hear leading into and out of each bend on the 7th fret. The "tail" of each phrase ends differently each time, too, which is something else generally ignored in the other tabs, and these too are slid into (ha) from above meaning it's likely you'd arrive there from the 7th fret on the low-E string as opposed to the 2nd fret of the A string.

In 10's the general consensus amongst tabbers is that the verse and pre-chorus riffs (which are essentially the same, with one simply being louder/more distorted than the other) are played with a single lonesome bent note, whereas if you listen to the song you can clearly hear the open G, B and high-E strings ringing out occasionally as well.

The "chorus" riff (if it can be called that) contains further bends which I'm positive are done with a whammy bar and not manually. The reason for this is that you can hear open strings being struck at the peak of each bend, which are then sent downwards when the whammy bar is released. It's impossible to do this manually given the position your hand has to be in to fret the bending note.

I am aware that the structure of the tabs, at least in their ASCII form, is somewhat confusing given that I decided to tab every single variation in full. The lead guitar parts and the whammy bar articulation are difficult to render in plain text format without cluttering up the page, so any ideas about how to clean that shit up would be appreciated. More importantly, do you think these tabs are any good overall?

Cheers duderinos.

Last edited by Paddy : 2011-11-07 at 18:32. Reason: Typo