Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2004-12-09, 08:00
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
This is very bad news indeed and the repurcussions of one idiotic man's actions could change the concert going culture forever. These are scary events that have happened here and will surely herald an increase in security for concerts. Of course, security isn't cheap so ticket prices will be hiked up and if the safety of the bands cannot be guaranteed expect bands not to tour round your neck of the woods for the foreseeable future.

A sad, sad day for metal.

Deadhead Roses - Zastruga
Old 2004-12-09, 08:05
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to Mania
I've just seen on music news tv that Dimebag (RIP) is definitely dead! The guy shot him several times before turning on the rest of the band and then the crowd. The policeman shot him dead. There's no news on Vinnie though, only that three others were hurt.

Nothing is too sick R.I.P Euronymous

WILL THE WORLD JUST SHUT UP ABOUT VARG VIKERNES!!
Old 2004-12-09, 08:22
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Well said, John. Clubs are closing down all over the place already without something like this making it worse. There's no telling how much damage this could do to touring, and to metal in general.

From what I've heard, Vinnie survived by ducking and crawling away and at some point made a call on a cell phone from the parking lot. Most reports I've seen of him being dead are based on the cnn.com article, which juxtaposed sentences in a way that a distraught reader could easily interpret it that way. Unsurprising, there has since been a paragraph break added in between the confusing sentences. Ever since CNN reported the 'Basketful of Puppies' story, though, I haven't really been looking upon them as the reliable media bastion they're supposed to be. Right now I'm waiting to see some official sites related to Dime updated. Damageplan's homepage is unavailable at the moment, so there should probably be an official statement soon. Or it simply crashed due to overwhelming interest; that wouldn't surprise me.
Old 2004-12-09, 08:34
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
Old 2004-12-09, 09:03
Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to TheUndeadMan
That fucking sucks.......
Old 2004-12-09, 09:46
Senior Metalhead

They seemed to added more to the story

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html
Old 2004-12-09, 12:42
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to ManOwaR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
Ehh, I didnt know him personally and his music didnt affect me all to greatly. It is probably best he died now so he couldnt go on to make another shit record with Damageplan. I don't care if you flame me for this. Someone being dead is no reason for me to curve my opinion. Its freedom of speech, deal with it.

He wrote some cool stuff, but recently nothing has been any good.

fuck you

I can't fucking belive this dime was my all time favourite guitarist
Old 2004-12-09, 13:16
New Blood

To Dead

Hey
I heard about Dimebag's death and came here to hear what happened and i see someone insulting him on a post dedicated to him. Dont hide behind free speech. Dont say 'sir' and then 'fuck' in the same sentence, you sound like a 10 year old with a dictionary. And damn man, don't insult a metal legend just because you dont like the music.
Old 2004-12-09, 13:24
New Blood

OMFG WHAT? WWWHHHAATTT? THIS IS THEM LAMEST THING A HEARD

KILLED AT HIS OWN SHOW BY A STUPID MOTHER FUCKER SEXUALY ABUSED UP THE ASS ,TAHT FUCKING SAD

NO WORD TO DESCRIBE ALL MY HATE

THE KILLER IS DEAD, TO BAD I WANNA FINISH HIM BY MY SELF AND MAKE THE WORST HUMILIATION POSSIBLE FOR HIM.

MUSIC LEGEND DEAD TODAY. RIP... HMM

RIH REST IN HELL

UNBELIEVABLE I NEVER THINK SOMEONE CAN ONLY THINK TO DO THAT, THIS RETARD DID IT OMFG AND IM SURE HE HAS NO REASON ANYWAY THAT FUCKING SUCK. I WANNA THE WHOLE FAMILY OF THE KILLER.

FUCKING BULLSHIT !!!!

IM FUCKING UPSET ABOUT THIS

I LOVED PANTERA........

Last edited by ThongPick : 2004-12-09 at 13:26.
Old 2004-12-09, 13:32
Senior Metalhead

Rest In Peace Dimebag Darrell

Hey people,

I found this forum and had to join in the aftermath of this morning's news. Unbelievable. Totally Shocked. In a daze. It was front page headline story when I went to MSNBC this morning. Whodathunkit? That's one helluva way to get the lead story Dime. You always did things differently.

I've been playing guitar for 20 yrs now. I remember the first time I heard Cowboys From Hell and thought to myself, 'Holy shit, now that's how to play. That's very cool and I want to do that!" Since then, Dime's been a huge influence on me and my playing, along with tens of thousands of others I'm sure.

I read some of the other fucking idiot posts on this thread (you know who you are) and have only one thing to say: I think we'd all agree, Dimebag deserves our respect in death for giving everything of himself to his instrument and music, and in the end even giving his life for it.

Darrell Abbott, Godspeed and Rest In Peace.

RIPDime
Old 2004-12-09, 13:34
New Blood

My heart goes out to the families and friends of those who died.Many many people will be very saddened by his passing, he was the one guitarist who drove me, and many others, to become a better and cooler axemen. Not enough respect can ever be given to someone who dedicated so much time to hone a talent of such epic proportions as his, he will live on forever in the guitartist hall of fame, not just metal, but all gitarists. R.I.P dimebag, I hope you have a good piss up tonight with mssrs Hendrix and Roads.

Please will everyone with some silly arguement or inappropriate comment post elsewhere. So what if the rules get bent a little on a day like this, let this be a thread to Dimebag. Please people, have respect.
Old 2004-12-09, 13:38
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

wow. lots of new members all of a sudden, its good to see you're paying your respect here guy, you're all welcome to stay.

If you look at it, its just plain fucking sick. it makes me sick thinking someone can just walk up and kill a legend, on the spot. He died on stage, doing what he did best, playing guitar.

Fuck, he didn't fade away, but its a fucking harsh way to die.

I hope he's ripping it up with Hendrix and Rhoads now. Fuck. RIP Dime, you're the shit.
Old 2004-12-09, 13:40
The Mountie From Hell

Send a message via MSN to FearFrost
MAn shit on ebay is high, dimes are $$$, i was luck to get my 2 when i did.
Old 2004-12-09, 13:58
New Blood

Dime and Vinnie

Ok Almost everyone who has posted on the forum is a fucking child. Everyone is going on about Dime but Vinnie got killed to. dime and vinnie were complete equals, dime is no better than vinnie yet all you stupid fuckers can think is ooohhh Dimebag. have some compassion to the familys of the fans who were killed, dime and vinnie DIDNT deserve to die and neither did the fans, but ooohhh coz Dime is SO cool and So famouse all you fucking children can think of is,
''oh ye that guy from Pantera go killed it sucks''
Dime is no more OR less important than the Vinnie or the fans. and remember, the fans MADE Dime as big as he is.

im not putting down dime or vinnie but some of you really need to grow up or your world will come crashing down when someone close to you dies.

RIP all those who perrished.
X
Old 2004-12-09, 14:01
The Mountie From Hell

Send a message via MSN to FearFrost
Vinnie didn't die.
Old 2004-12-09, 14:02
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Vinnie got killed and then made a phone call, and has since talked to people who've reported his account of what happened? Interesting theory.

People are going on because he's the only confirmed death. Of the rest of the band only the vocalist was shot. The people he's equal to are the crew and audience members who also got killed, true, but it's impossible to think of them in the same way. None of us grew up idolizing other audience members. I feel for their families as I do for his, but there's not going to be a gap in my world because of it.

Coming in here and going 'You're all fucking children, I'm the only person who's responding well to this' is asinine and egotistic. Don't condescend if you're full of shit. Everybody here feels awful to begin with; nobody needs to hear they're not mourning correctly.

Last edited by PST 88 : 2004-12-09 at 14:04.
Old 2004-12-09, 14:03
Crusher of Skulls

Send a message via AIM to philkilla Send a message via MSN to philkilla Send a message via Yahoo to philkilla
Its not official that Vinnie died bro. I just watched it on the news again and again. Also, this isn't Fantabs....this is METALTABS. We feel sorry for anyone that has to be killed for something so senseless as that fucking puke had to do. I feel very sorry for the families of the fans, but they never inspired me to play guitar!!!! Don't come on this forum trying to lay some shit down man. That is not fucking cool.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
Old 2004-12-09, 14:06
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderrider
Ok Almost everyone who has posted on the forum is a fucking child. Everyone is going on about Dime but Vinnie got killed to. dime and vinnie were complete equals, dime is no better than vinnie yet all you stupid fuckers can think is ooohhh Dimebag. have some compassion to the familys of the fans who were killed, dime and vinnie DIDNT deserve to die and neither did the fans, but ooohhh coz Dime is SO cool and So famouse all you fucking children can think of is,
''oh ye that guy from Pantera go killed it sucks''
Dime is no more OR less important than the Vinnie or the fans. and remember, the fans MADE Dime as big as he is.

im not putting down dime or vinnie but some of you really need to grow up or your world will come crashing down when someone close to you dies.

RIP all those who perrished.
X

and how old are you then, you fucking cunt. we're paying respect to Dime, the only man confirmed killed in the band.

Now shut the fuck up.
Old 2004-12-09, 14:27
New Blood

Westsiderider FUCK YOU!
You Fucking belligerent CUNT!
Would you go up to the mother of the deceased and say "you fucking child, other people died to you know, not just your son"?!?
Fuck off.
Noone here who is paying their respects to Dimebag ever dissed vinnie or any of the other poor souls who died.
Who unfairly lossed their fucking lives. But you, you cunt GO AWAY.
Old 2004-12-09, 14:31
New Blood

OK my bad, i read on a mews bullitin that vinnie got killed. But dont call me a cunt you worthless muther fucker. dime is no better than anyone else in this world. Yes he was a fucking great guitar player and it is SHITTY thing that he dided but he was no better than the others who got killed, he only played guitar.

Youve just proven your a child by calling me a cunt, i said i wasnt dissing dime but yet you still think that your special and can put me down?