MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Poetry Lyrical
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2004-12-01, 19:04
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
"Would You"

Thanks for the read.

"Would You"

Would you take hold of my hand if I was lost in the desert
And lead me back to where the cool streams flow
Would you quench my thirst with sweet wine by the firelight
Would you smile for me
Would you love me
Would you love me

I sigh at the prospect of not holding you
I weep tears that burn my eyes blood red
I hold fast to all the things you said to me
Would you ever say them again

One look from you and that's all it took
All my defenses dissolved
Oh, why couldn't it have been different
I felt like prisoner in paradise
Felt the passion of southern breezes
Dazzling diamonds sparkled on our eye lashes
As we huddled to reach warm shelter
In the flurry of winter winds

Slipped down fast in a landslide
Lost my grip on your hand
As I fell
I cried out your name
But you weren't listening to me
Will I ever hear you say my name again

Would you take hold of my hand if I was lost in the desert
And lead me back to where the cool streams flow
Would you quench my thirst with sweet wine by the firelight
Would you smile for me
Would you love me
Would you love me

I sigh at the prospect of not holding you
I weep tears that burn my eyes blood red
I hold fast to all the things you said to me
Would you ever say them again

Would you love me
Would you love me
Or would the world that I knew come to an end

BJH
11/30/2004
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2004-12-01 at 21:25.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2004-12-01, 19:37
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
sounds like some kind of tina turner song

Edit: actually pretty cool, hits a lot of emotional chords in me. IMO it would be much better if there weren't so much "would you love me" parts, overall pretty good for a non-metal song

Last edited by blizzard_beast : 2004-12-01 at 19:40.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2004-12-01, 20:07
guitar_demon's Avatar
guitar_demon guitar_demon is offline
MotörCat
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: &#26132&#26132
Posts: 7,547
Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
i will
__________________
POW MIA NEVER FORGOTTEN
no one can tell you to turn down your amp unless they're of higher skill or in your band
Why not make shit up as we go-fox
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2004-12-01, 21:24
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
bli'be'-- Now that you mention it I can see that. I never gave that style a thought. Good to know I got some emotion stirred. That's a positive thing for a writer.

gui'de'--You'd drop me and you know it.

My biggest thing I'm wondering about is the tenses I've used. If one of the grammar Nazi's around here would give it a once over I'd love to argue.
And there is one thing I will change now. I said southern winds and winter winds and I don't like that. Southern breezes sounds better.

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2004-12-01, 22:25
guitar_demon's Avatar
guitar_demon guitar_demon is offline
MotörCat
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: &#26132&#26132
Posts: 7,547
Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
b. Southern breezes sounds better.

.

"southern breeze makes me feel fine!"


ah whats that from???
__________________
POW MIA NEVER FORGOTTEN
no one can tell you to turn down your amp unless they're of higher skill or in your band
Why not make shit up as we go-fox
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2004-12-02, 01:12
andrewc andrewc is offline
Post-whore
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX

gui'de'--You'd drop me and you know it.


give him a chance ay

nah that is actually really good, ma'am. very impressed, i can hear that against an opeth kind of song
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2004-12-02, 07:28
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
"southern breeze makes me feel fine!"


ah whats that from???



You're thinking of Summer Breeze either old school by Seals and Crofts or the newer one by Type O Negative. I like them both although the latter took me awhile to get used to.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2004-12-02, 07:45
deMANUfacture's Avatar
deMANUfacture deMANUfacture is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 934
Send a message via MSN to deMANUfacture
i love this song, it would really fit with the song im writing for this chik
__________________
run at me
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2004-12-02, 08:00
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Any chance of me hearing it if you hook it up? You may borrow the lyrics if you'd like, but if you make money on it I want credit and I have the copyright on the lyric.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2004-12-02, 08:34
deMANUfacture's Avatar
deMANUfacture deMANUfacture is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 934
Send a message via MSN to deMANUfacture
cool i mite just use these lyrics, I dont usually write songs for people but this girl is somethin diff and we will both be movin to diff places soon and she is very cut about that and i just want her to know its all good.

If i do a good bang up job of the song ill try and record it on a 4trak and put it up for u to hear.
But i warn now it will be a more soft song with a john mayer feel to it. or i mite go all out and put piano instead of guitar and try for a Coldplay/the scientist feel song.
__________________
run at me

Last edited by deMANUfacture : 2004-12-02 at 08:37.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2004-12-02, 13:39
obrien20's Avatar
obrien20 obrien20 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,055
Send a message via AIM to obrien20
Would you really want to hurt me;
Would you really want to make me cry;


Weeding Singer song!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2004-12-02, 14:15
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by deMANUfacture
cool i mite just use these lyrics, I dont usually write songs for people but this girl is somethin diff and we will both be movin to diff places soon and she is very cut about that and i just want her to know its all good.

If i do a good bang up job of the song ill try and record it on a 4trak and put it up for u to hear.
But i warn now it will be a more soft song with a john mayer feel to it. or i mite go all out and put piano instead of guitar and try for a Coldplay/the scientist feel song.



Well, I love Coldplay and JohnMayer so go for it. Even if you can do a melody line or something. Preferably with staved music instead of tabs. I'd like to know what you come up with. Shoot, sound recorder works for me ! haha

Sounds like a plan.


obrien --stfu ....but I'm saying that nicely. If this makes a million dollars and none of your songs do, I will be first to give you an autographed copy that says NYAH!!!!!!!
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2004-12-02, 20:36
andrewc andrewc is offline
Post-whore
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,471
lmao at obrien.

deMANU thats good stuff mate, chicks love that kind of treatment
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2004-12-03, 04:05
deMANUfacture's Avatar
deMANUfacture deMANUfacture is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 934
Send a message via MSN to deMANUfacture
Well andrewc im not usually a ladies man, i see potential in the lyrics that fit with some chords ive been playin with and well i thought just once id treat a lady like she should be treated.

and lbxxx if you like those performers u mite like what im tryin to do with it, i am also goin to through in a line in my native language of Maori right at the end.
__________________
run at me
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2004-12-03, 08:11
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Hey, that's cool. I don't mind other languages. In fact, I think it's pretty neat myself. And yours is one I'm not familiar with.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2004-12-03, 08:12
Slabbefusk's Avatar
Slabbefusk Slabbefusk is offline
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,550
I would love you L,B'XXX.
__________________
When faced with a difficult situation, Jesus asks himself, "What would Chuck Norris do?"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2004-12-03, 20:26
Trendkill 420's Avatar
Trendkill 420 Trendkill 420 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: canada eh.
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien20
Would you really want to hurt me;
Would you really want to make me cry;


Weeding Singer song!


Hahahahahha,
i was thinkin it.

Good shit though lbxxx.
I'm having a beer or two tonight, i may pollute my thread some more this eve'.
__________________
"When I die, I cast a shadow
And I'll rise, I cast a shadow"

R.I.P

Dime
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2004-12-03, 22:00
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Slabbefusk--Didn't I tell you to slam your norwegian noodle in a door?

Trendk'--I can hardly wait to read that.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2004-12-03, 22:18
guitar_demon's Avatar
guitar_demon guitar_demon is offline
MotörCat
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: &#26132&#26132
Posts: 7,547
Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
hes sweedish
__________________
POW MIA NEVER FORGOTTEN
no one can tell you to turn down your amp unless they're of higher skill or in your band
Why not make shit up as we go-fox
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2004-12-03, 22:22
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
They all look alike to me.


(And I know that. I was trying to bug him.Shhh...don't tell him )
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.