Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2010-04-29, 20:16
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Your check is in the mail
Did you remember to make it out to my charity group? It's for my Chinese/Irish exchange student programme, Pale Young Dong.

Old 2010-12-04, 19:04
projectvenusblake
New Blood

EDIT: I misunderstood the question.

I sing AND perform vocals(they seem distinctly different to me so I don't call screaming "singing". I call it either screaming or performing vocals).

I do lead vocals in a technical/melodic/progressive/death metal band called Temple of Solace. We're sort of a mix between Viraemia, Born of Osiris, Infernal Revulsion and Chelsea Grin. The vocals sound like Big Chocolate Lows and Chelsea Grin highs.

I'm also a singer and screamer for a metalcore band called Bittersweet Surrender. That band is pretty new though so I don't really know how to describe the style yet, it is still developing.

Lastly I'm a singer in an indie/acoustic/folk project.

I focus on the Death Metal band though. I've never been talented in any instrument so singing and screaming has been my only gateways into the music world.

Last edited by projectvenusblake : 2010-12-04 at 19:24.

Old 2010-12-04, 19:16
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Sameish here. I couldn't sing for the life of me when I was younger, then started screaming in some non-serious projects, and then tried singing and it came to me a lot easier. I think it has a lot to do with age (or when you start singing and in what stage of development your voice is in), confidence, and of course, practice. Its also just getting familiar/comfortable with your voice.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-04, 19:23
projectvenusblake
New Blood

Quote:
Sameish here. I couldn't sing for the life of me when I was younger, then started screaming in some non-serious projects, and then tried singing and it came to me a lot easier. I think it has a lot to do with age (or when you start singing and in what stage of development your voice is in), confidence, and of course, practice. Its also just getting familiar/comfortable with your voice.

Yeah I seriously think that screaming vocals really help with controlling your pitch. After I became a screaming vocalist, I could carry a tune like a pro :P.
I tried to start singing when I was 13. Now I'm 17. My vocal chords were probably just not fully developed yet 'cause now I have a very strong singing voice.

You make many valid points sir. I can tell you are speaking from personal experience. I concur, we pretty much had the same experience with developing our singing voices.
SPONTANEOUS DUET, NOW!

Old 2010-12-04, 21:01
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Maybe, but correlation doesn't equal causation. Possible, though.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-04, 22:37
projectvenusblake
New Blood

Quote:
Maybe, but correlation doesn't equal causation. Possible, though.

I agree.

Old 2010-12-06, 18:59
wapbamboo
New Blood

I do some vocals for a little deathcore-esque band.

I'm pretty new to the vocal scene, but I think I've got some decent vocals for the little amount of time I've put in to learning them (maybe about 3 months of practice).

Last edited by wapbamboo : 2010-12-06 at 19:43.

Old 2010-12-07, 22:53
projectvenusblake
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by wapbamboo
I do some vocals for a little deathcore-esque band.

I'm pretty new to the vocal scene, but I think I've got some decent vocals for the little amount of time I've put in to learning them (maybe about 3 months of practice).

You seem to be on the right track man, keep it up! I look forward to hearing your music
"We talk about civilization as though it's a static state. There are no civilized people yet, it's a process that's constantly going on... As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization." ~Jacque Fresco

Old 2010-12-08, 18:03
wapbamboo
New Blood

http://soundcloud.com/edgarallenpwn/spageddyleemix

im just now learning how to use false chords (which I'll take any advice on), so my vocals are bound to sound a bit different on later recordings than they do in this mix

Old 2010-12-08, 22:12
projectvenusblake
New Blood

Quote:
http://soundcloud.com/edgarallenpwn/spageddyleemix

im just now learning how to use false chords (which I'll take any advice on), so my vocals are bound to sound a bit different on later recordings than they do in this mix

Who did your record editing/tracking? This is a really good quality recording.
"We talk about civilization as though it's a static state. There are no civilized people yet, it's a process that's constantly going on... As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization." ~Jacque Fresco

Old 2010-12-09, 10:03
wapbamboo
New Blood

well, this isn't really a band
it's more of a project -- just me and a buddy. He has been practicing his producing skills for a couple months, so he records and edits anything we make

I was posting that moreso for feedback and tips than I was the editing
but, I agree, he's getting pretty damn good at it

Old 2010-12-12, 03:56
projectvenusblake
New Blood

Quote:
well, this isn't really a band
it's more of a project -- just me and a buddy. He has been practicing his producing skills for a couple months, so he records and edits anything we make

I was posting that moreso for feedback and tips than I was the editing
but, I agree, he's getting pretty damn good at it

Hey bro,what's that one band you linked me to?
EDIT: Nvm found it

Last edited by projectvenusblake : 2010-12-12 at 04:13.