MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2004-11-26, 12:34
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

who's in a band?

i kinda wondered who actually sings in a band here. I sing in a Motorhead tribute band, hasnt got much to do with the classical stuff. But i get classical singing lessons at school.

Old 2004-11-26, 21:14
darkexodite
New Blood

I sing in a heavy/thrash band called Writhen, fairly new, but we're gaining popularity slowly over here (the worst place to start a metal band...)

Old 2004-11-26, 21:35
guitar_demon
MotörCat

in california? i thought thay had a really good underground metal scence there
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2004-11-26, 21:50
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

Why? Is there some reason you'd associate a good thrash scene with California?

They're supposed to have a good scene within certain parameters. I don't remember what they are. But I think that you're meant to feel that, whatever town you live in, happens to be the worst place to start up a metal band.

Old 2004-11-26, 21:52
guitar_demon
MotörCat

oh, i didnt notice the thrash part. well i have heard from several people over there that the death metal scene is hot anyway...but i havnt been there in like 10 years so i can neither confirm nor deny...

Old 2004-11-26, 22:03
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

It probably varies from city to city, anyway. Death metal doesn't really seem to have a focal point in the US anymore.

How's the scene in &#26132&#26132? Still as good as I remember it?

Oh, and to keep the thread on topic: I have sung in a band, and would again, but at the moment I am bandless.

Old 2004-11-26, 22:07
guitar_demon
MotörCat

uh the scene sucks theres like 10 people....haha

i used to "growl" when me and a few freinds would jam out cause there were shy as hell and wouldnt sing and make an ass out of themselves

Old 2004-11-26, 23:07
Dystopia
Post-whore

Me and my friend Adam are starting a joke band called Project Blowjob. Or at least it was a joke band, where we tried to suck, but then two people came to our practice and said we were good soooo....

Anyways, I drum and do lead vocals. I need to teach my friend how to growl/scream. Our plan was to get a drummer so I could take the mic and run around as just a singer (more fun).

Old 2004-11-27, 09:13
darkexodite
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credit to Dementia
Why? Is there some reason you'd associate a good thrash scene with California?

They're supposed to have a good scene within certain parameters. I don't remember what they are. But I think that you're meant to feel that, whatever town you live in, happens to be the worst place to start up a metal band.

Well, bay area thrash is coming back believe it or not, except not as huge as it was during Metallica days, those lucky bastards.

Heavy metal scene seems to be swinging back around all over north america, it's very present in CA indeed, just better in sertain regions.

To tell you the truth, San Fran has to be one of the best places to start anything, because of the wide culture, and acceptance of almost any culture, but unfortunately we don't live there... so we have to deal with the place where we do live, which is nu-metal and hardcore riden. Hardcore is slowly going away, but this place (Fresno), has been the pinacle of hardcore for a loooong time, but now it's moving toward metalcore and grindcore, none of which I admire.
But the promissing thing is that there's a lot of people who are fed up with all of this around here, and are looking for a good all around metal band with a scence of something new, keeping the old roots, and this is where we step in. The only problem is that we just started in the local scene, and it's hard geting noticed because of the crappy selection of public places to play at, most of them are in areas where people wouldn't want to go unless they were payed to, which is upsetting and sad that the rest of this city (which is so wide spread) doesn't have any decent venues in the nicer, more metal friendly, areas.

Anyhow, that's my rant on that, sorry if it's too long, just couldn't resist explaining why Fresno CA sucks so much (but it's getting better... no matter how hard it is for me to admit this).

Well, I'll get you guys some tracks of Writhen's demo sometime, although the voice on there is not mine (I hate it...), and it hurts to know that I sound so much better live, and how much we screwed up this first demo.

Old 2004-11-28, 20:44
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

The band that I'm in right now, me and the bass player split our songs in half, he sings on like 2, and I sing the other 2. And we have one old school thrash that we both sing on.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2004-12-01, 23:45
Chad
Senior Metalhead

I sing and play guitar in my band Sufferance. We've got a demo out now and have opened for Kataclysm, Axis of Advance, Rites of thy Degringolade, Three Inches Of Blood, and Cryptopsy. We've been called black/thrash by most people, and have been compared to Dissection, Kreator, Sodom and Satyricon.

As for the local scenes, it always comes and goes in waves. We got a pretty good one going one here in Alberta at the moment.
- Sadistik Exekution
Fuck Off And Die!
- Voivod
Fuck NS Black Metal
- Me

Old 2004-12-02, 01:06
powersofterror
Forum Leader

...gotta a drummer now....
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-12-02, 06:55
SmotPoker
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
...gotta a drummer now....

Grats to you
I find it hard as hell to find decent musicians to play with in vegas. Hopefuly ill have better luck all the way the fuck across the states in North Carolina, I'm moving there in January. Anyone know anything about the metal scene there, ill be living about 20-30 minutes from Rowly?( i think thats how its spelled)

Old 2004-12-02, 14:13
powersofterror
Forum Leader

The metal scene here in jerkwater city, (Denton, North of Dallas-TX) is pretty scarce. Yes there are a ton of metalheads, but they seem to always hide in their own little corners and not let it be known. Every once in a while I can see a cool dude with long hair and a Morbid Angel shirt, but it would be too weird to run up to one of 'em and exclaim, "hey, are you cool? I'm into metal too!!!! Wow, wanna start a band with me?."

This is my band's page

Old 2004-12-02, 19:50
SmotPoker
Senior Metalhead

Maybe try hanging out at guitar center and talking to people every once in a while. Here they have a bulliten board at the back of the store where the lesson rooms are, theres a lot of fliers about bands looking for members there. most of em are bullshit though, I met one dude that was legit though. we jammed for a while but didnt really work out for too long.

Old 2004-12-02, 22:06
darkexodite
New Blood

those bulliten boards don't work at all. Over here people seem to either ignore them, or plainly too lazy to call, or they think that they're gods and everyone is below their supreme level, or they're 12 years old...

Yea, they're all a bit lame about it, but I think you get more assholes than legit people through that process.

Old 2004-12-04, 03:44
cxmachine
Senior Metalhead

i also play guitar and "sing" in the band i'm with, mostly growls and barked vocals. my clean voice sounds too much like the load years of metallica.
Originally Posted by Righteous_Death
Black Sabbath are so good, so I wouldnt say anything to disrespect them.
Cunt face.

Rest in Peace Dime, thank you for changing my world on vulgar display of power, thank you for being my next step after sabbath, and thank you for inspiring me to pick up that guitar and learn some heavy fucking metal \m/ your memory will live on forever

Old 2004-12-05, 05:07
IcedSyrus102
New Blood

i play guitar and sing in my band, my vocals are basically bodom screaming, deicide growling, and megadeth thrash vocals, we are just a thrash black metal band were just starting to get are shit together and about to go record a demo and play shows

Old 2004-12-05, 06:27
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

I do backup growls every now and then but thats about it.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-12-06, 02:49
Trylakos
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
it would be too weird to run up to one of 'em and exclaim, "hey, are you cool? I'm into metal too!!!! Wow, wanna start a band with me?."

Haha that happened to my friend

Old 2004-12-06, 03:03
collyersgirl
Metalhead

My whole family is musical, but i hope to be the first of them to learn to death growl and someday make it into a band when i learn the guitar properly. i'm ok at clean vocals but i need to learn to death growl. Any pointers?

Old 2004-12-06, 05:50
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trylakos
Haha that happened to my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by collyersgirl
My whole family is musical, but i hope to be the first of them to learn to death growl and someday make it into a band when i learn the guitar properly. i'm ok at clean vocals but i need to learn to death growl. Any pointers?

Jesus, you sound almost like me....the best answer to your question would be to read the sticky of this forum over and over.

This is my band's page

Last edited by powersofterror : 2004-12-06 at 05:52.

Old 2004-12-06, 19:40
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

damn, my band was coming together, but i fell out with the vocalist (he's also bassist - once he learns) so looks like no more band, maybe if i patch things up with my friend.

Old 2004-12-06, 23:18
FloodOfFaggots
New Blood

I play the mouth and guitar, I know a lead guitarist here and a bass player.

I just need to drummer ;(

The scene here is only people that listen to B2K and Dropkick Murphys and some Christian rock because I live in the Antarctican regions of New Hampshire ;(

Old 2004-12-06, 23:44
Transient
HES BAAACK

i play with metalthrashingmad and lamb of god \m/

songs we do

raining blood into angel of death
kreator -coma of souls,pleasure to kill

malevolent creation-premature burial

working on
sepultura - inner self
children of bodom - silent night , bodom night

things i play with lamb of god \m/ to piss off MTM
decapitated - spheres of madness
random cky songs

Old 2004-12-07, 00:18
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
things i play with lamb of god \m/ to piss off MTM
decapitated - spheres of madness
random cky songs

lmao, we cant play cky anymore, your amp broke last time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2004-12-07, 01:09
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

so why does one of the greatest death metal songs of the modern era piss off MTM?

Old 2004-12-07, 01:15
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

i scream/growl in a casual grind band, consisting of "writing" old AxCx style songs (make it up as we go along) except the drummer sucks cos he plays at about 1/4 the pace required for grind.

it's a bit of fun screaming out random shit though, hoping to start something a bit more serious though.

Old 2004-12-07, 11:34
Transient
HES BAAACK

i dont know, he hates the first riff for some reason

and i know, escape from hellview must be bad luck!

Old 2004-12-07, 12:18
powersofterror
Forum Leader

The band I'm in so far is only covering one song while the rest are originals. We're doing....Iced Earth, the Coming Curse. We may also do Tormentor by Slayer...

This is my band's page

Old 2004-12-07, 16:19
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
i dont know, he hates the first riff for some reason

I cant stand that dumb first riff, its a dumb dumb riff that is dumb.

Dammit Trans, what about Catatonia and Piece by Piece?

Old 2004-12-08, 19:49
GravelFistFM
New Blood

i am in a band called Gravel Fist. hence the name...but what it is, is a here-say band. like we say were a band, but we never do anything, idk, but i thinik im the only one sewrious about being in a band...and i also hate the band name...fucking a... oh and a question, how many floor monitors would be good eough to have quality feedback? cuz i know one aint enuff, and 2 may be, but idk, mabye three? i just got a job, so i finally can buy shit

Old 2004-12-08, 22:23
darkexodite
New Blood

two, usualy good enough for a decent sized gigs. Bigger bands like Slayer, CoB, Dimmu, etc will use more, but consider the fact that they're successfull and their shows are much larger than an average gig. Two is a good number to stick with.

Well, it's looking up for my band here in Fresno, we're slowly growing, even with a lack of shows, people are slowly creeping out of their holes and showing their metal faces. I'll post a link to my band's site once it goes up to give you guys more insight on us, even though i hate our demo with a passion.

Old 2004-12-18, 15:10
SlayerDude
Senior Metalhead

I am.
Me and cannibalcorpse (from the forum) are in a band Apparition. We havn't really done anything except covers so far because we need one more guitarist and a drummer. Those would be really useful.

Old 2004-12-18, 18:27
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerDude
I am.
Me and cannibalcorpse (from the forum) are in a band Apparition. We havn't really done anything except covers so far because we need one more guitarist and a drummer. Those would be really useful.

It aint a band 'til we get a fucking drummer

Old 2004-12-19, 18:59
SlayerDude
Senior Metalhead

Bah...we'll get one soon enough.

Old 2004-12-19, 22:42
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

I'm in a bunch of bands.

My main band is a Gore Grind band similar to Exhumed/Impaled music but with Mortician horror intros and stuff. I sing and play lead guitar. However my other guitarist moved away so now I need to find another one.

My other bands are

A Thrash Metal band, I sing and play bass. Accually havent been working on that project for a few months (all three musicians already have bands and this is a side project)

An Old school Death Metal band (think of a cross between Obituary, Cannibal Corpse Bleeding era, and Bloodbath). I play guitar and sing. This is only being talked about and setting out ideas but we should start writting soon.

Now just yesterday I got asked to do a Technical Death metal thing. Sorta like Gorgasm with they're being three vocalists.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2004-12-20, 03:22
cxmachine
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerDude
Bah...we'll get one soon enough.

lol put me up over there and i'll bring a drummer with me
Originally Posted by Righteous_Death
Black Sabbath are so good, so I wouldnt say anything to disrespect them.
Cunt face.

Rest in Peace Dime, thank you for changing my world on vulgar display of power, thank you for being my next step after sabbath, and thank you for inspiring me to pick up that guitar and learn some heavy fucking metal \m/ your memory will live on forever

Old 2004-12-21, 16:22
BEHEMOTH
Senior Metalhead

I always wanteed to be a singer, but i,m horrendous singing.

so i,d an idea : play the guitar.
I had got some groups and now i,m constructing my ideal group, wich has one member (the better) fron each band, and 2 especial members, hehehehhe

P.D. Now, I don,t sing anything except the Riffs, hehehehe

Old 2004-12-21, 19:53
Brutur
Senior Metalhead

I'm the former of a band called "Hiatus". It is a mixture between progressive metal and black metal. While I'm playing guitar and do the lead Growls, our second guitarist is a female singer who does the clean vocals. We haven't got any samples online yet, but that's only a question of time...

I'm actually thinking to include my clean vocals, arcturus (the sham mirrors) style, but that will take away much time and practice.

I also have a second Project running, named KrorK. An Atmospheric Progressive Doom Black Metal band.... although there were no band meetings lately, but many songs are already finished and will be maybe recorded soon.
there's no Victory
My Dear!"
- by Devil Doll (The Girl who was... Death)

"In an Insane World,
an Insane Man,
MUST appear Insane,"
- Alien 3

Last edited by Brutur : 2004-12-21 at 19:57.

Old 2004-12-21, 20:19
hiimjosh
New Blood

The guitarist in my band told me I should sing when I sent him a vocal track I did. No real definition for the songs; it just kind of seems like a minute of mayhem, but it's all controlled.

Old 2005-01-04, 12:05
FloodOfFaggots
New Blood

I play the guitar and the mouth but no one around here likes metal (Just linkin park and Tupac) and no one even likes punk (Which I would sink down to playing because I'm so desperate to kick some ass). I live in southeast NH if anyone actually does like metal around here. ;(

Old 2005-01-08, 17:39
Lord.Worm
Senior Metalhead

I´m playing in a 2 year old death/black metal band.
For those who understand german www.archotype.de
Playing drums for 3 years.

Old 2005-01-09, 02:52
societys finest
Supreme Metalhead

i play lead guitar for a hardcore/metalcore band called "in her loving memory"

Old 2005-01-11, 23:04
ExhumedCarcass
Senior Metalhead

I do vocals in a band called Chamber Of Obscurity. Our sound ranges from Fleshgrind and Exhumed to Brainstorm and Dream Theater. We will be recording very shortly. Here's our websitewww.chamberofobscurity.tk

Old 2005-01-12, 02:49
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

i sing in my old band black earth. (guitar too)
ill post a sample..

my first heavy metal band
Black Earth - Recreation of Evil
Black Earth (intro sample)

hopefully the links work

Last edited by MorbidGuitar : 2005-01-12 at 03:03.

Old 2005-01-17, 01:13
Legato
New Blood

I do vocals and little bits of guitar, bass, and keyboard in a Power Metal band.

Old 2005-01-19, 22:01
AccidentalPurpose
New Blood

Cool

I am working on it. Our origional singer had to move far away. So I decided I would step up to the challenge. I have trouble with pronounciation and volume but hopefulyl you guys can help me with that.
Bands Accidental Purpose
Christian/punkrock/alt rock
Mansfield Ohio
(near canton for anyone of you 3 who like relient k XD, My friend knows them its preety sweet I have yet to meet them yet though awe well maybe when I get on a tour in 6 yrs I can play with them XD)

Old 2005-01-20, 01:34
Brutally_Hacked
Senior Metalhead

hey morbidguitar, that 'recreation of evil' = kickass

Old 2005-01-20, 04:11
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

I started a hardcore death/grind band not to long ago called A Beautiful Corpse, in which I do the vocals and play bass. We're looking for a new bassist since I find playing bass while singing is very uncomfortable. Our influences are Terminally Her Aborted Ghost, The Black Dahlia Murder, As I Lay Dying, Dying Fetus, Vehemence, and Exhumed. My profile pic is of me at our last practise.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2005-03-01, 23:03
Behemoth54
New Blood

death Envy

I play bass in my band Death Envy. We are cureently trying to find a good record deal, but its hard to get one. We sound like a mixture of slayer and metallica, or something like that, lol. We already got 10 songs, 2 of them are slayer tributes, which are "Raining Blood' and "Angel of Death". And 1 song is a bass solo i made, not to brag, but it sounds pretty F$@&ing awsome.

Kick Ass Guitars and Basses

Old 2005-03-01, 23:29
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Well...Prove it! Send us a link or mp3's

Old 2005-03-01, 23:44
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

My friend and I are working on a new project right now. We don't have anything finished right now though.

Old 2005-03-02, 04:51
powersofterror
Forum Leader

My band is progressing slowly. I jam once a week for 2 hours with the bass player, and we both sing and I play lead guitar. We haven't had a rehersal with the drummer in like 2 months, and the other lead guitarist might be able to start coming in a few weeks or less.

We have a few originals so far finished: Extraordinary(roughly 4min), Burnt Beyond Belief(8min), Rest in Peace(3 1/2min), and Powers of Terror(5 1/2 min). The ones that are incomplete are Scapegoat, Life After Death, Open Wide the Gates, and countless riffs.

We are covering Misanthrope by Death, and maybe Symbolic too. Perhaps for the mandatory Slayer cover( ) we'll do Tormentor, and for the mandatory Pantera cover we'll probably do Message in Blood.

Oh....and our name is Powers of Terror

This is my band's page

Old 2005-04-10, 15:29
GravelFistFM
New Blood

in an update to my last post...we changed the name...to B l o o d S w o r n. it stands for a promise that cant be broken, all that good shit, but we got a speed/thrash/hardcore feel to it...we have 2 singers..used to have 3...but theres a funny ass story (well to me) behind it...i was the original singer...but i dint have my shyt together, so the band took off without me. next, the bassist was the singer, but he was a fucking douchebag...nobody liked him, his ego was too big for liking...he thought he owned the band...our singer sam wasnt going to be able to do a show so i had to step in for him. i was "inducted" by the other menbers officially without him back int the band because i got practice equipment. so at one of our practices he was being a big prick...and one of the guitarists called him a nigger and was talking smack about the bassist to me...but we didnt know that he was riiight behind us...so he got pissed and took all his shit he had, and some the guitarists were using and left like a fucking baby. we sat around the rest of that day pretty much. so the next day at school he wanted to come back...but he had stipulations, i was out, the other singer was out...just them four...the guitarst that didnt call him a nigger called him out...pretty much told him to fuck off. now he was pissed...he drew up a contract so we couldnt take his shit...the drummer whos still friends with his stopped overto his house and found out that hes getting a lawyer to get a real contract written up. but the thing is...this guys a chronic lier, and the shit he wants back isnt copywrited...what we want to do is tab the songs, and copyright the shit...pretty much f him in the a...and thats the story, hes pissed, wants his songs and our drummer...sooo much drama

Old 2005-04-10, 15:37
garr1
Post-whore

does a tribute band count
i'm in a iron maiden tribute.

Old 2005-04-11, 14:28
shimbolla
Senior Metalhead

I tried posting a song or two by a side project I've got going, but it says "invalid file type" on the attachment upload.

Old 2005-04-11, 19:35
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimbolla
I tried posting a song or two by a side project I've got going, but it says "invalid file type" on the attachment upload.

i don't believe that you can upload an mp3 or other audio file to the forum, you have to upload it to some webspace, and then link to it

Old 2005-04-11, 19:37
sqol
Post-whore

Oh yea, and i'm kinda in a band.... although atm there's only a drummer, a rhythm/lead guitarist, and a lead/rhythm guitarist (moi), i'd like to do growly vocals, but the others want to do more power metal, and i wanna do prog-y death stuff and we haven't practised as a 'band' for a couple of months either, so it aint really happening :P

Old 2005-04-11, 21:02
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

ah, I'm not in a band, I fell out with the bassist/vocalist.
Sqol, maybe you and I should form a band?

Old 2005-04-11, 22:44
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

I've been waiting to start a good metal band for at least 6 years. I was in a thrash metal band doing vocals and bass but they kicked me out when they found out I listen to Death and Grind and thought I would turn the band into some Death Metal act (which was not my intention at all) and I was all what the fuck? Your guitarist is wearing a fucking Vader shirt! Whatever!

But we are all good friends still and their Thrash Metal act called Cylidian is just recording their demo "To Serve And Infect."

But I want to start a fucking Death/Thrash Grind band like Exhumed, Impaled, Engorged, Ghoul ect. ect. I have a fucking killer grindcore drummer who can blast beat to the max. He just needs to get double bass pedals and we are set. I do guitar and vocals (screams/high growls) for this band. I am looking for a bassist who can also do vocals (grunts) and another guitarist who can do vocals as well (gurgles). But those are hard to come by.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2005-04-20, 22:19
Jamento
Metalhead

I'm the lead Vocalist in my band. I do some low growling for chorus's but most of it is a higher pitched "Dani filth/Narenchiff vocals. I figured out how to hit my whistle register (the high pitch "scream like a girl" thing dani does) without too much trouble. I've only been in the band for 3 practices, and since then we've managed to pump out 3 songs.
The metal scene in canton ohio is pretty big. At all the battle of the bands we have around here seem to be mostly Indie kids playing their gay ass indie songs,like two thrash metal bands and a few metalcore, and several hundreds of metalheads wearing cradle t-shirts.

I don't fucking get it.

Old 2005-05-15, 22:06
Six_Feet_Under_420
Post-whore

I'm a singer/guitarist of a death metal band
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+

Old 2005-05-15, 22:18
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
... drummer who can blast beat to the max. He just needs to get double bass pedals ...

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't the bass pedals the crucial bit to blast beats?

Im in a band with a couple of other guys, but our bassist said she doesn't want to play, and we don't have a vocalist, i can growl but the drummer doesn't want much growling

Old 2005-05-15, 22:41
younguitarist
Post-whore

Lead guitarist/back up vocals.

Old 2005-05-16, 04:23
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

I sing for a couple of grindcore bands (high/low pitch)
A goregrind band (true burp vocals-no pitch shifter)
and a stonerrock/ doom band (straight singing)

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2005-05-16, 13:13
Banishment
Metalhead

I play guitar and sing in my band. I do low to high deathish vox and a lot of clean singing.

I just want to ask you guys why do you have to use such gay names for death vocals? Who the fuck wants to "gurgle" or "grunt"? How can you take yourself seriously if you gurgle? Do you say you are the grunter for your band?

Old 2005-10-26, 15:14
GravelFistFM
New Blood

haha burp. i dont care for names of styles of singing

Old 2005-10-26, 16:19
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

I'm in a band or two.

Old 2005-11-30, 04:37
SicSyco
Metalhead

i do backup vocals in my band. i'm only doing clean vocals in our recorded stuff, but we're currently writing stuff that will use my growls and shit.
it's gonna be super sweet casue our bassist wants to scream too, so we're going to have like three different vocals at one time, one high, one medium, and one low

Last edited by SicSyco : 2005-11-30 at 04:40.

Old 2005-11-30, 04:42
SicSyco
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Filth
I'm in a band or two.

dude i'm in like 4, and i do solo stuff all by myself, and no bands sound the same

Old 2005-11-30, 17:11
SomethingThatKills
New Blood

I do all vocals(inhale gutterals, some pigs, and higher screams) for Something That Kills People, a death/grind band similar to Cephallic Carnage or maybe CODC.

Old 2005-11-30, 19:40
Throat Crusher
Senior Metalhead

Im in a Grindcore/Death Metal Baby killing anger power outlet called Auschwitz Thunder Pig. I do vocals. If some of youve heard what we have, you probaly think its a joke, we dont have any of our full out brutal Mp3's up. We have all the material, and the drumms, were just trying to get time off work and for matt(anhur-shu egyptian god of war) community service. So yeah, if you want to hear what we have so far check out our myspace. Www.myspace.com/auschwitzthunderpig

Old 2005-11-30, 23:21
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I do lead guitar and vocals in a band that sadly has no name. But i hope that will change soon. It took me a while cause the other guitarist felt unimportant when i started doing all the leads. But I write all the songs so I should play the leads anyway.

Old 2005-12-01, 20:28
Cassius
Senior Metalhead

I'm in a few bands.
I play bass in my main band called Children of Xenu, it's kind of a mix between grunge and death metal..Weird but cool sound.
Lead vox/bass in Ipecac..The sound changed quite a bit before we broke up.
And bass in Beat off to the Tune of My Drum (hardcore)

Old 2005-12-01, 21:07
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

I'm backup vox and guitars in a band, but I'd really prefer to be a fulltime vocalist, (well growler) i growl, inhale growl, gutterals, circle of dead children noises, shit like that. but we got a vocalist who seems pumped just to be in the band so he's staying.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Last edited by newHELLonEARTH : 2005-12-02 at 20:16.

Old 2005-12-02, 01:23
Throat Crusher
Senior Metalhead

Circle of dead children newhell, not circle of children, and Cassius Children of Xenu sounds an awful lot like Children of Bodom. lol =). Anyways Cassius you have any mp3's? I know not to ask Newhell cuz he doesnt have a mic lmao. Oh yeah, im working on a sideproject type thing called Nephr, its death metal folk-lore, with egyptian themes, conceptual albums, or album lol, and it uses guitars, drumms, war horns, trumpets, orchestral, bass, and sitar type things in the music. So its got an overall cool sound with the brutal vocals, but on one main orchestral track there is clean vocals, and i havent decided if im gona use them again on this album. Im still working on a lot of it, but its sounding good. Ill post a myspace link when i get around to uploading the mp3's im on dial up lol.

Old 2005-12-02, 20:16
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

haha whoops, i knew that. i edited it anyway.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2005-12-03, 16:27
Throat Crusher
Senior Metalhead

I want to hear Children of Xenu. You cant have Children in your name untill youve proven yourself lol =). Children of Bodom, Circle of dead Children, proven yourself.... lol jk.

Old 2005-12-05, 13:28
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

haha yeah.. i quite enjoy listening to metaltabber's bands

Priceless!

Old 2005-12-05, 20:35
Cassius
Senior Metalhead

Children of Xenu is a pretty new band, so we don't have anything recorded yet. But as soon as we do I will post it for you folks.

Old 2005-12-05, 20:59
Throat Crusher
Senior Metalhead

Kick ass, im doing like a black metal side project its realy crappy and more or less sticking to the true roots of black metal.. heh check it out www.myspace.com/wormwoods =() tell me what you think. Nephr didnt work out lmao... It sounds lame, but it got boring fast, it was to much of a nile cover type band.

Old 2005-12-06, 03:20
Otiz
Metalhead

Since he did it I'm gonna do it too!

www.myspace.com/stalregn
Alas, no growling yet. I just recorded this yesterday and I have a cold so I can't get the growling down yet.

edit: If anyone cares it's got vocals now.

Last edited by Otiz : 2005-12-08 at 10:19.

Old 2005-12-06, 19:44
Throat Crusher
Senior Metalhead

Ill do cover art for your band or a logo or sumthing if you'll put a link on your page to my deviant art account. I like Pagan Army though. If you want it e-mail deadlykrizt@gmail.com, and what you want on it.

Old 2005-12-07, 00:04
Kai Latvala
Senior Metalhead

Our singer is this crazy indonesian dude who somehow found his way to our cold neck of the world. He can rip out a growl with the best but can also keep pitch with the likes of gamma ray and dragonforce. The name is Dead By Dawn.
Our Stuff
Reavers Lament
Snowfall

Last edited by Kai Latvala : 2006-01-28 at 17:26.

Old 2005-12-08, 07:23
dojo
New Blood

When I was 17 I used to play in a rock band. But since I couldn't afford a guitar (i was lead singer, but also wanted to be a guitarist) and I had my finals in 1 year I thought I should better study and graduate. I chose the "geek" way :lol:

I don't regret it at all. Not all people can become professional singers, so I am pleased I tried it and it was nice while it lasted

Old 2005-12-08, 13:30
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkexodite
I sing in a heavy/thrash band called Writhen, fairly new, but we're gaining popularity slowly over here (the worst place to start a metal band...)

Haha my band used to be called Writhen but then i thought it was a gay name and changed it.

But yeah i sing in a band its not proper singing its gutterals and hopefully on the next demo i will do screeching too not like dani filth mind more like Jason Mendonca.

Old 2005-12-08, 13:33
Helvete
Senior Metalhead

My Band is called "Inane" ...

Old 2005-12-08, 14:56
Throat Crusher
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Filth
Haha my band used to be called Writhen but then i thought it was a gay name and changed it.

But yeah i sing in a band its not proper singing its gutterals and hopefully on the next demo i will do screeching too not like dani filth mind more like Jason Mendonca.

Dani Filth and the rest of the cradle are cunts.

Old 2005-12-08, 15:06
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Which members of cradle the lineup changes every album

Old 2005-12-08, 23:46
Throat Crusher
Senior Metalhead

All of them for even giving it a chance. Thats one thing that seems to be strange in the Black Metal world... their isnt a single BM band that has had a full line up stay the same since they started.

Old 2009-07-13, 13:02
Spengler
New Blood

I sing in a band, Living With Disfigurement - http://www.myspace.com/livingwithdisfigurement

Think I've mentioned it on these forums before, but we've got some new tunes up so go slate them.

Old 2010-01-18, 21:09
ExhumedCarcass
Senior Metalhead

I sing in two bands
tech death - Yildun
Blackish metal - Autolatry

Old 2010-02-24, 12:25
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

i'm in two projects currently;

Chronic Assault
&
21:59

Old 2010-04-27, 14:53
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

I take that back.

we're now The Hypatia Complex

brutal name (if you look into it)
plus the initials are THC, what more could you ask for?

Old 2010-04-28, 04:45
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspendedByTheThroat
I take that back.

we're now The Hypatia Complex

brutal name (if you look into it)
plus the initials are THC, what more could you ask for?

Sounds like a hardcore band name.

Old 2010-04-28, 17:19
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-04-29, 17:56
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
Sounds like a hardcore band name.

how the hell does that sound like a hardcore band name?
We're along the lines of techdeath/deathslam

hardcore bands are either something crazystupid
or something hardass toughguy like
like bound in blood
thick as blood
blood for blood
(yeah apparently hardcore bands love the word blood)

Old 2010-04-29, 18:54
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Highly recommended.

...if you're DEAF! HA!

Nah, check it out, 'tis fuckin' great. HIF is my fav, make that your first stop if you have limited time, otherwise just play the lot from start to finish and soak up the awesomeness.

P.S. Dylan is a cunt.

Old 2010-04-29, 19:51
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Your check is in the mail
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery