Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2004-11-06, 00:13
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
Er, jamming might not be very good for a starter. You need to get your rudimentals down first silly!
Jamming is good for everyone at any level. Its practice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2004-11-06, 03:13
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
NO.

With jamming you don't get to do the simple stuff as much. One must do simple exersises religiously to get them right first, and with jamming you'd stuff around traight away - nobody wants to play along to your stupid warm ups. There can be problems with metronomes, etc. With practice, you can stop any time you want and go back over something, but with jamming or performance you ignore the mistake and go on like a good performer. Practising alone allows for a lot more freedom.
Old 2004-11-06, 18:34
Post-whore

sorry, but I disagree, jamming is great!!! no matter how long you have been playing

for the simple following reasons:

*experiance in playing with other band members (this is invaluable in helping you stay in time, the main point of drumming, not rudiments)

* it is fun, the main reason I started drumming was cause it was fun and jamming, especially with my band (we ran through Symphony of destruction as a jam session, such an easy song) just cause it was fun to do, too many drummers forget to have fun when playing.

* it allows you to get creative, some of my most awesome fills have come from jamming, sometimes you think of things that go with the music that you wouldn't normally thin k of, in one song I do this awesome 16th tom run that matches the guitar part and sounds fucking sweet! I never would have some up with that with jamming.
Old 2004-11-06, 20:54
Noob lud

BrokenCrimson, I agree with you but you went a little overboard. That sounds like something my mom would say. Jamming is a great way to learn new stuff and practice what you know already know. I agree with NZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.