Quote:
NO! Avenged Sevenfold (a.k.a AX7 or whatever the hell it is) is a terrible band
exactly...
Quote:
they do whine and dress like idiots.
exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2004-10-07, 20:43
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb of god\m/
exactly... exactly...

What a stupid thread. They can't just suck, or be the best band, because there is this funny little tidbit called "musical tastes." I don't know what you mean by "exactly...exactly" or what the significance of it is. You say exactly to something that is proven, not something you simply agree with. Now if you had said "I agree" you would have saved me a longish post.

So close this thread right now. Stop putting your musical tastes above everybody elses.
Old 2004-10-07, 20:51
The Stings of Conscience

Send a message via AIM to Rapture
lol, your god is dead is a cunt. im not quite sure how you can group nirvana with shit like slipknot
Old 2004-10-07, 22:13
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
Lamb Of God, no offence, you can be a real dick at times, when you can be really helpful at others.

Who cares about how they dress, really? It's not like their clothes affect their music. Nobody stops anyone from listening to what they like, and nobody should try to because it's not going to work unless the person who you try to convince is a conformist, and present day conformists would generally listen to mainstream emo or rap or pop or right now. What a terrible attitude.... "Oh no don't listen to that band, they are sooo uncool because they dress bad and all the cool tr00 metalheads hate them!" This is bringing more conformity into metal.Fuck this...
Old 2004-10-07, 23:05
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
lol, your god is dead is a cunt. im not quite sure how you can group nirvana with shit like slipknot

I grouped it in there because its a list of the mainstream bands that some jackoffs think is metal. It is grunge, I'm not that ignorant to deny that. I also threw nirvana in there because I think they suck.

Last edited by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD : 2004-10-07 at 23:09.
Old 2004-10-08, 01:38
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
But Slipknot IS metal. Eventhough they are nu metal and nu metal is shunned, it's still metal, you can't reject that forever.
Old 2004-10-08, 02:38
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to rapeandruin
The one song I heard "Unholy Confessions" wasn't bad. Catchy main riff/intro. I have to give them credit just for having a lefty guitarist. Lefties are somewhat rare so I have to support them. I personally wouldn't listen to them because of the lyrical content. To much about broken relationships and such...not my style.

Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage I see as two different genres. Lamb of God be in the NWOAHM and Killswitch Engage in Metalcore. Metalcore is the new thing nowadays...I didn't quite believe a friend of mine when he told me...but god damn...he was right.

Who cares about labeling nu-metal anyways...you have your opinions why not keep it to yourself since it seems like no one will switch their own thoughts on nu-metal...

To many new bands today are also being put into Metalcore when they aren't...i.e. The Black Dahlia Murder when they are clearly Death Metal. Anyways enough said...adios
Old 2004-10-08, 12:04
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
But Slipknot IS metal. Eventhough they are nu metal and nu metal is shunned, it's still metal, you can't reject that forever.

I don't believe it is nu-metal, its more like newer hard rock that feeds of the extreme image of some metal bands. It does not adhere to many of the genre constraints of metal and it will probably change drastically with coming years. Just because one genre draws in fluence from another does not make it the same.
Old 2004-10-08, 16:05
Noob lud

Quote:
Lamb Of God, no offence, you can be a real dick at times, when you can be really helpful at others.
What the fuck. I never said dont listen to them. I was trying to see if anyone had the same opinion as me. Wow... you are amazing fucking stupid...

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2004-10-08, 16:29
New Blood

so no one has heard the other albums?
the first 2 are amazing the new stuff not so great...
but the old stuff superb
Old 2004-10-08, 18:02
Registered Sex Offender

Send a message via AIM to MyOwnSavior
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeandruin
...To many new bands today are also being put into Metalcore when they aren't...i.e. The Black Dahlia Murder when they are clearly Death Metal...
Who here ever said TBDM was metalcore? As I recall everyone puts the in the melodic death metal genre where they belong.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'. - Early Cuyler
Old 2004-10-08, 20:09
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
Who here ever said TBDM was metalcore? As I recall everyone puts the in the melodic death metal genre where they belong.

You would be surprised.
Old 2004-10-08, 20:23
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson

i suppose your right, but they do suck.
Old 2004-10-09, 03:33
Post-whore

Quote:
What the fuck. I never said dont listen to them. I was trying to see if anyone had the same opinion as me. Wow... you are amazing fucking stupid...

The second paragraph of that post didn't refer to you. Only the first line was adressed to you, did that clear it up a bit?
Old 2004-10-09, 22:58
Noob lud

Quote:
The second paragraph of that post didn't refer to you. Only the first line was adressed to you, did that clear it up a bit?
ok then...but still...wtf

Quote:
Old 2004-10-11, 14:42
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior

When I first started listening to them people said metalcore...I was like whatever man...anyways I just saw them and they fucking dominate.
Old 2004-10-11, 14:55
Post-whore

metalcore is composed by these bands that sound like a cross between Fear Factory and late-period At The Gates.

BDM doesn't sound like that.
Old 2004-10-11, 19:10
Post-whore

i think its beyond the point...tell the people who said it not me...
Old 2004-10-12, 00:10
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to SARS
Quote:
This has to be the gayest poser band there is

they look no different from the black dahlia murder or 3 inches of blood to me.
Old 2004-10-12, 00:12
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to SARS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeandruin
The one song I heard "Unholy Confessions" wasn't bad. Catchy main riff/intro. I have to give them credit just for having a lefty guitarist. Lefties are somewhat rare so I have to support them. I personally wouldn't listen to them because of the lyrical content. To much about broken relationships and such...not my style.

most of the lyrical content on TBDM's first EP was about broken relationships dude.