i like the old vocals but the new ones are horse poo

Bill's Band. Support them.

Old 2005-08-09, 10:26
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXiC NaPaLM
The Lead singer for Avenged Sevenfold had Vocal Chord surgery so he can't sing that good anymore.

Thank fuck for that.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2005-08-09, 18:36
ahumansdystopia
Senior Metalhead

I actuly was soposed to play a show with them the night after he blew with vocal chord and we had to headline it about 3 or 4 years ago fun night lol

Old 2005-08-09, 19:34
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Avenged Sevenfold look and dress like complete fuckbags and have a knack for making extremely stupid videos, but I can't help but think of City of Evil as one of the best albums I ever bought.

Old 2005-08-09, 21:03
Rattler
Metalhead

ahhh, no way, i hate all these new bands calling them selves "metal". then they go and do some shit stunt on the warped tour. not to mention the flocks of teenybobbers wereing there gear. i saw one of their shirts one some dude, i reallized the their decal looked just like Overkill's. not to mention the gay make up and black finger nails.

Old 2005-08-10, 21:21
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURYyourDEAD
As I Lay Dying is the definition of Metalcore

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaa are you shitting me?

my deifinition of metal core: heavy metal blended with hardcore:

Example band : Stormtroopers of Death
if you think about it, theyre the definition of metalcore. Except, they were drunk, dirty and kickass. Metalcore was just revived and had a glamorous make over with finger paint, brand spanking new clothes, and i mean new black clothing where the black is so black it looks purplish blue, and more eyeliner than a Cambodian hooker. Oh and lets not forget about the Straight Edging sXe. Say no to . yeah its still metal core alright.

Old 2005-08-10, 22:51
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

personally i dont like avenged sevenfold...but why say they are stupid because they are emo, and why should we give a style to the music...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2005-08-10, 23:32
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaa are you shitting me?

my deifinition of metal core: heavy metal blended with hardcore:

Example band : Stormtroopers of Death
if you think about it, theyre the definition of metalcore. Except, they were drunk, dirty and kickass. Metalcore was just revived and had a glamorous make over with finger paint, brand spanking new clothes, and i mean new black clothing where the black is so black it looks purplish blue, and more eyeliner than a Cambodian hooker. Oh and lets not forget about the Straight Edging sXe. Say no to . yeah its still metal core alright.
That doesn't apply to AILD, good try at stereotyping though. I had know idea what the band looks like was so important to the music. I guess I should throw it one of these ( ) while I'm at it.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2005-08-11, 00:18
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
That doesn't apply to AILD, good try at stereotyping though. I had know idea what the band looks like was so important to the music. I guess I should throw it one of these ( ) while I'm at it.

the only thing that applied to As I Lay Dying was the claim that the band IS the definition of metalcore. Bullshit. The stereotype is what ive read, and what ive seen. i read something about the old New York hardcore scene, and it talked about the hardcore people getting wasted, being dirty and failing in school, thats what i remember. and new hardcore kids are talking about values and being sXe and family and not hurting anybody. the makeup, who knows why they do that, maybe just to get chicks or something like that. yes i was stereotyping. and fuck a doodle doo that i was.

Last edited by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD : 2005-08-11 at 00:22.

Old 2005-08-11, 00:33
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Dude I like you, sorry if I came off harsh. AILD strangly enough is my favorite band so it's common for me to defend them. Metalcore isn't my favorite genre of metal because 90% of metalcore sounds the same and is bland and boring. As for the fashion, some of it is okay as in keeping some things simple and vintage, but the whole eyeliner and crap is mainly a emo and goth thing. Hey it could be worse, look at black metal.

As I Lay Dying doesn't really fit into the fashion stereotype other than the tight clothing and the tattoos which has been a metal thing since the 80s. example
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2005-08-11, 18:13
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
Dude I like you, sorry if I came off harsh. AILD strangly enough is my favorite band so it's common for me to defend them. Metalcore isn't my favorite genre of metal because 90% of metalcore sounds the same and is bland and boring. As for the fashion, some of it is okay as in keeping some things simple and vintage, but the whole eyeliner and crap is mainly a emo and goth thing. Hey it could be worse, look at black metal.

As I Lay Dying doesn't really fit into the fashion stereotype other than the tight clothing and the tattoos which has been a metal thing since the 80s. example

awwww im touched hehe tahts cool. its just me going on a pointless rant again. but its all gravy in a heated heavy metal argument