Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2004-10-02, 04:27
The Execrator
Noob lud

Avenged Sevenfold

This has to be the gayest poser band there is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2004-10-02, 06:51
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb of god\m/

You are no different from a teenage girl squealing about how hot usher is, when you don't care about the music.

What are they posing for? Is it not ok to stand out any more? Does everybody have to be compressed into genres? That would sure make music exciting.

Their guitarist is talented, they have catchy songs, and I could care less what the fuck they look like.

Old 2004-10-02, 07:39
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I've heard one song by them and it was pretty cool. Had a nice solo too but the name of it escapes me.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2004-10-02, 08:06
Anubis
Supreme Metalhead

I don't like emo-breaks.
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind

Old 2004-10-02, 16:12
AbbathGS
Senior Metalhead

They sound a lot like Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage and whoever the fuck is cluttering the Nu-Metal scene nowadays.

Old 2004-10-02, 18:08
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Here you go throwing around the word nu-metal. Killswitch Engage and Lamb of God are nothing like nu-metal. I noticed if some of you guys don't like a newer band you put them in the nu-metal genre like its some kinda of crappy music waste basket.

As for Avenged Sevenfold, they're okay. Chapter 4 is probally the only song I've heard by them and it was pretty good. But I don't see how some put them in the hardcore punk genre.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2004-10-02, 18:39
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

i think they kick ass. good solos, the guitarist is sick. and he looks like Bam Margera

EDIT: theres 2 guitarists, i was refering to the lead

Old 2004-10-03, 02:59
Severed_Head_Stoner
Gangster Rapper

Sorry to bring the page a little off topic, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
Here you go throwing around the word nu-metal. Killswitch Engage and Lamb of God are nothing like nu-metal. I noticed if some of you guys don't like a newer band you put them in the nu-metal genre like its some kinda of crappy music waste basket.

Not all nu-metal is bad, i consider KSE nu-metal (albeit better than most nu-metal) and i like it, in moderation. You seem to automatically think of nu-metal as bad, when i'm sure there is a lot of it you havn't heard or given a chance.
- Jason Becker

Old 2004-10-03, 05:51
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Sorry to disagree with you man but I can't see how Killswitch is nu-metal. To me, they're metalcore if they're anything. I know after saying that someone is going to say metalcore is nu-metal. So let me go on record and say if you think it is, your a dumbass. I'm sure Def will agree.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2004-10-03, 07:03
Undying_Hatred
Post-whore

Actually lamb of god and killswitch are everything like nu metal. Screamo mall core is nu metal. I wish I could be origional like you and put the name of an AC song in my signature, so I think I will.

Old 2004-10-03, 07:48
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Oh great, now everyone's going to have AC sigs. Now I know how the black community feels.

Ahh fuck it, I give up on the whole nu-metal crap. Its easy to say we all have different views on nu-metal. I believe if you sound like Slipknot or Korn and play 7 string guitars but only use the top 3 strings, then you're nu-metal.

Old 2004-10-03, 12:44
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Nu metal = downtuned guitars and chromatic scale riffs and rap vocals, with DJ's often to be found in the band.

KsE - NO downtuned guitars. No "My Life Sucks" lyrics. No rap vocals.Do I see a DJ? NO! Verdict - they are metalcore.

Avenged Sevenfold - Hardcore, close to metalcore.

Screamo - totally different thing. It's a branch of punk. It comes from emocore/hardcore.

Fuck you, Undying Hatred. You don't know what you're talking about. It's not about the phylosophy, it's about the sound and the musical characteristics. "l00k @ m3 im so tr00 m3tal i dont like shitty nu metal like kse and avenged sevenfold i rock so hard haha i said hard"

Old 2004-10-03, 12:47
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying_Hatred
Screamo mall core is nu metal.

No it isn't, it's screamo mall-core.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2004-10-03, 19:51
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
KsE - NO downtuned guitars.

AHEM... uh, sorry... i like KsE and all, and i dont think they're nu metal but uh.... they tune to CGCFAD..... very sorry....

Old 2004-10-03, 22:55
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Well, eventhough they downtune, its really not a flaw or anything. I enjoy the tune of their guitars, it gives their music a bit of a edge.

Old 2004-10-03, 23:20
Necro_Butcher
Post-whore

meh, i can stand the music

i wouldnt listen to the stuff outside a show though

Old 2004-10-03, 23:30
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Well, eventhough they downtune, its really not a flaw or anything. I enjoy the tune of their guitars, it gives their music a bit of a edge.

i wasnt saying it was bad at all. i got nothing against down tuning. i was just saying, they do it. some of the greatest metal bands tune down as low as drop B, so noone here shoudl associate downtuning with nu metal

Old 2004-10-04, 02:01
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Take it easy man. I never said you said it was bad. I was supporting your statement thats all.

Old 2004-10-04, 04:52
Anubis
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
i wasnt saying it was bad at all. i got nothing against down tuning. i was just saying, they do it. some of the greatest metal bands tune down as low as drop B, so noone here shoudl associate downtuning with nu metal

Your grammer and punctuation are horrible. No offense, but wow.

The horror...

(I'm just fuckin' around)
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind

Old 2004-10-04, 05:29
Undying_Hatred
Post-whore

Hi lets all listen to MA's god of emptyness then reiterate what you've posted to yourself.

Yeah one more thing, who gives a flying fuck about grammar on a public forum on the fucking internet. Its one thing to find all capitals or "y0 w3rd" dialect a bit irritating, hell I've blown up about it myself. But seriously who fucking cares. You dont sit there and spell shit out saying "Fuck you comma you stupid fucking moron" in real life so why the fuck would it matter if someone does add one while conveying opinions on a global forum. If you want to read something in which everything is spelled correctly and grammar is always correct, go read a fucking dictionary you stupid fucking psudo-intellectual queer. You are the wrost kind of human waste pooped out from a female cunt, and I only wish the worst for you. If you want to correct spelling be a fucking english teacher or try to sit there and bitch at someone next to you in school about their spelling for hours, days, and even weeks on end. See how fast you get popped in the cock sucker.

In case you're wondering why this post is edited, I added an f to the "If you want". You fucking panty waste.

Old 2004-10-04, 08:02
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:

dats wikked downt00ning

corpsefucking art - F#
mortician - G
intense hammer rage - christ only knows

and A tuning is pretty standard for grind bands.

im just teasing you mate

Old 2004-10-04, 08:39
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Quote:
Hi lets all listen to MA's god of emptyness then reiterate what you've posted to yourself.

Yeah one more thing, who gives a flying fuck about grammar on a public forum on the fucking internet. Its one thing to find all capitals or "y0 w3rd" dialect a bit irritating, hell I've blown up about it myself. But seriously who fucking cares. You dont sit there and spell shit out saying "Fuck you comma you stupid fucking moron" in real life so why the fuck would it matter if someone does add one while conveying opinions on a global forum. If you want to read something in which everything is spelled correctly and grammar is always correct, go read a fucking dictionary you stupid fucking psudo-intellectual queer. You are the wrost kind of human waste pooped out from a female cunt, and I only wish the worst for you. If you want to correct spelling be a fucking english teacher or try to sit there and bitch at someone next to you in school about their spelling for hours, days, and even weeks on end. See how fast you get popped in the cock sucker.

In case you're wondering why this post is edited, I added an f to the "If you want". You fucking panty waste.

Was I correcting your spelling? No, read better, motherfucker. I was making fun of people who think that they are "tr00 metal" by trowing around the nu metal label, and poor spelling is often associated with immaturity/young age so I used it here as a reference.

Old 2004-10-04, 11:26
Severed_Head_Stoner
Gangster Rapper

Quote:
Actually lamb of god and killswitch are everything like nu metal. Screamo mall core is nu metal. I wish I could be origional like you and put the name of an AC song in my signature, so I think I will.

I wish i could be original like you, and misspell words in my signiture, so i can be a tr00 metalhead.

Tool.
- Jason Becker

Old 2004-10-04, 13:34
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:

It's this attitude that leads to people not being able to convey what they mean. Grammar and spelling is important otherwise how the hell are we supposed to get our opinions across in an efficient and effective manner? You provide a perfect example in the quote above - many people will be put off reading it due to it's poor composition. I mean, how hard is it to press 'return' twice?

It helps to be in good practise when using grammar as bad habits that go unchecked can easily appear in formal documents. Once that happens, you really will look like a retard.

Old 2004-10-04, 18:19
Mordor
Post-whore

calm down girls

Sold my shit, now its time to PARTY!!!!!

Old 2004-10-04, 21:42
Undying_Hatred
Post-whore

Yeah, you can start on your way to being tru by waiping jasons beckers lip off, hes got a bit of apple sauce dripping down. Hi, lets, see, how, many, commas, I, can, add, in, a, responce, making, me, equivilent, to, my, peers,. And mister Mansley after reading these brilliant human beings responces for how long now, I seriously doubt that any of these intellectuals will really need such expancive vocabulary skills while cleaning out the shitters at best buy for the next 20 years.

Old 2004-10-04, 22:00
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
And mister Mansley after reading these brilliant human beings responces for how long now, I seriously doubt that any of these intellectuals will really need such expancive vocabulary skills while cleaning out the shitters at best buy for the next 20 years.

I've got to admit, you've got me there...

Old 2004-10-04, 22:28
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
I seriously doubt that any of these intellectuals will really need such expancive vocabulary skills while cleaning out the shitters at best buy for the next 20 years.

An expansive vocabulary can come very much in handy for cleaning out the toilets at Best Buy. Anyone who's frequented a public restroom might notice that the pearls of wisdom left by various patrons through the course of its existence are selectively erased, edited, and corrected. If your vocabulary is not at least as large as the average person writing on the shitter wall, you can't exercise what is perhaps the one perk and prerogative of the job: editorial control. It may not be much, but it's something.

Now, since you bring up occupation: what, precisely, is your illustrious career that puts you in a position to criticize everyone else's? I keep seeing you attack others from a position of superiority, so I'm beginning to wonder what, precisely, that position is. Would you care to enlighten me, or should I be prepared for another slice from your razor wit?

And I am listening to 'God of Emptiness.' Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 2004-10-04, 23:23
NuMetalBastard
Metalhead
Banned

I listened to them once. not bad. For some reason they make me think of Cradle of filth gone punk. Not death punk, like almost Blink 182 Punk.

Old 2004-10-04, 23:46
fatdanny
Post-whore

I agree with anubis, the emo bits are shit and ruin it - i like their heavy bits.

I thought lamb of god, KSE and all that crowd were NWOAHM...

Nu-metal is generally used as a waste basket for non-death metal bands in these forums, which is stupid, but it really isn't worth arguing about because everyone is too opinionated to think about what people say.

Oh well...

And what kind of a twat uses 'oh, but i'm cleverer than you and you probably don't have a good job' as a comeback? I can't stand arrogant wankers.

Old 2004-10-05, 00:07
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
what kind of a twat uses 'oh, but i'm cleverer than you and you probably don't have a good job' as a comeback? I can't stand arrogant wankers.

Obviously the kind of twat who likes Megadeth.

On the subject of 'Wankers We Hate': I hate the kind of wanker who uses the internet as a jizzrag for the spurtings of his puerile angst. I also dislike arrogance, but I find it more arrogant to spend all your time calling people morons and shit cleaners than anything I've done. But I guess that's a matter of opinion.

Last edited by Credit to Dementia : 2004-10-05 at 00:22.

Old 2004-10-05, 00:58
fatdanny
Post-whore

Just to clear up any confusion, I was calling undying hatred an arrogant twat, not you credit

Old 2004-10-05, 01:01
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

See, I thought that might be it, but it's a knee-jerk reaction. I did tone it down, though, from a full-on defense and flame because of the little seed of doubt in my mind. Glad I did now, too, because there's little worse for everyone involved than flaming the wrong person for the wrong reason.

Old 2004-10-05, 03:25
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
Yeah, you can start on your way to being tru by waiping jasons beckers lip off, hes got a bit of apple sauce dripping down.

Wow, "Mister Undying" I bet you feel like more of a man after disrespecting a cripple. I mean wow, I bet he couldn't even move after hearing that serious blow. I wouldn't be surprised if he was speechless, because that would be so funny eh! Haha he can't play guitar! BURN!

You repugnant shit. I like Jason Becker because I want to be "tru." Screw the guitar playing. Now we get insulted for having idols. What a great site.

Old 2004-10-05, 03:41
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
...Now we get insulted for having idols. What a great site...
Wow, good point. Undying_Hatrid is a bitch, why the fuck he's still here surprises me. I vote on banning the ass, and I don't usually vote for such a thing.

Old 2004-10-05, 08:16
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Well, I'd like that too, but you can't ban someone just for being an ass unless he breaks the rules.

Old 2004-10-06, 04:32
Viking_power
Metalhead

I for one find undying hatred to be rather humerous; he always has intresting posts.

Old 2004-10-06, 06:11
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Well, I'd like that too, but you can't ban someone just for being an ass unless he breaks the rules.

I know, why GOD?

Old 2004-10-06, 22:39
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

To those of you who have just called Lamb of God nu-metal, go listen to any one of there CDs and tell me that's nu-metal. If you can do that, I will have to rip off your testicles for you do not deserve to live. BURN IN HELL DOUCHEBAGS!!!!!

I LOVE Avenged Sevenfold. They rule. Enough said. Only problem is they do whine and dress like idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.

Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2004-10-07, 03:58
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

NO! Avenged Sevenfold (a.k.a AX7 or whatever the hell it is) is a terrible band, down at the bottom of the barrel along with slipknot, murderdolls, mudvayne and nirvana, or whatever the hell stupid teenagers call "m3tal" these days.

NOTE the "hardcore" usage of the 3 in metal instead of the E.

This is by far the dumbest shit I have ever written. I'll push myself out of a moving car the all of you.

Old 2004-10-08, 00:53
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
NO! Avenged Sevenfold (a.k.a AX7 or whatever the hell it is) is a terrible band
exactly...
Quote:
they do whine and dress like idiots.
exactly...

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2004-10-08, 01:43
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
exactly... exactly...

What a stupid thread. They can't just suck, or be the best band, because there is this funny little tidbit called "musical tastes." I don't know what you mean by "exactly...exactly" or what the significance of it is. You say exactly to something that is proven, not something you simply agree with. Now if you had said "I agree" you would have saved me a longish post.

So close this thread right now. Stop putting your musical tastes above everybody elses.

Old 2004-10-08, 01:51
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

lol, your god is dead is a cunt. im not quite sure how you can group nirvana with shit like slipknot

Old 2004-10-08, 03:13
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Lamb Of God, no offence, you can be a real dick at times, when you can be really helpful at others.

Who cares about how they dress, really? It's not like their clothes affect their music. Nobody stops anyone from listening to what they like, and nobody should try to because it's not going to work unless the person who you try to convince is a conformist, and present day conformists would generally listen to mainstream emo or rap or pop or right now. What a terrible attitude.... "Oh no don't listen to that band, they are sooo uncool because they dress bad and all the cool tr00 metalheads hate them!" This is bringing more conformity into metal.Fuck this...

Old 2004-10-08, 04:05
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
lol, your god is dead is a cunt. im not quite sure how you can group nirvana with shit like slipknot

I grouped it in there because its a list of the mainstream bands that some jackoffs think is metal. It is grunge, I'm not that ignorant to deny that. I also threw nirvana in there because I think they suck.

Last edited by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD : 2004-10-08 at 04:09.

Old 2004-10-08, 06:38
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

But Slipknot IS metal. Eventhough they are nu metal and nu metal is shunned, it's still metal, you can't reject that forever.

Old 2004-10-08, 07:38
rapeandruin
Post-whore

The one song I heard "Unholy Confessions" wasn't bad. Catchy main riff/intro. I have to give them credit just for having a lefty guitarist. Lefties are somewhat rare so I have to support them. I personally wouldn't listen to them because of the lyrical content. To much about broken relationships and such...not my style.

Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage I see as two different genres. Lamb of God be in the NWOAHM and Killswitch Engage in Metalcore. Metalcore is the new thing nowadays...I didn't quite believe a friend of mine when he told me...but god damn...he was right.

Who cares about labeling nu-metal anyways...you have your opinions why not keep it to yourself since it seems like no one will switch their own thoughts on nu-metal...

To many new bands today are also being put into Metalcore when they aren't...i.e. The Black Dahlia Murder when they are clearly Death Metal. Anyways enough said...adios

Old 2004-10-08, 17:04
Viking_power
Metalhead

Quote:
But Slipknot IS metal. Eventhough they are nu metal and nu metal is shunned, it's still metal, you can't reject that forever.

I don't believe it is nu-metal, its more like newer hard rock that feeds of the extreme image of some metal bands. It does not adhere to many of the genre constraints of metal and it will probably change drastically with coming years. Just because one genre draws in fluence from another does not make it the same.

Old 2004-10-08, 21:05
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Lamb Of God, no offence, you can be a real dick at times, when you can be really helpful at others.
What the fuck. I never said dont listen to them. I was trying to see if anyone had the same opinion as me. Wow... you are amazing fucking stupid...

Quote:

Old 2004-10-08, 21:29
abethesugarcoatedcop
New Blood

so no one has heard the other albums?
the first 2 are amazing the new stuff not so great...
but the old stuff superb

Old 2004-10-08, 23:02
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeandruin
...To many new bands today are also being put into Metalcore when they aren't...i.e. The Black Dahlia Murder when they are clearly Death Metal...
Who here ever said TBDM was metalcore? As I recall everyone puts the in the melodic death metal genre where they belong.

Old 2004-10-09, 01:09
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
Who here ever said TBDM was metalcore? As I recall everyone puts the in the melodic death metal genre where they belong.

You would be surprised.

Old 2004-10-09, 01:23
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:

i suppose your right, but they do suck.

Old 2004-10-09, 08:33
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Quote:
What the fuck. I never said dont listen to them. I was trying to see if anyone had the same opinion as me. Wow... you are amazing fucking stupid...

The second paragraph of that post didn't refer to you. Only the first line was adressed to you, did that clear it up a bit?

Old 2004-10-10, 03:58
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
The second paragraph of that post didn't refer to you. Only the first line was adressed to you, did that clear it up a bit?
ok then...but still...wtf

Quote:

Old 2004-10-11, 19:42
rapeandruin
Post-whore

Quote:

When I first started listening to them people said metalcore...I was like whatever man...anyways I just saw them and they fucking dominate.

Old 2004-10-11, 19:55
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

metalcore is composed by these bands that sound like a cross between Fear Factory and late-period At The Gates.

BDM doesn't sound like that.

Old 2004-10-12, 00:10
rapeandruin
Post-whore

i think its beyond the point...tell the people who said it not me...

Old 2004-10-12, 05:10
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:

they look no different from the black dahlia murder or 3 inches of blood to me.

Old 2004-10-12, 05:12
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeandruin
The one song I heard "Unholy Confessions" wasn't bad. Catchy main riff/intro. I have to give them credit just for having a lefty guitarist. Lefties are somewhat rare so I have to support them. I personally wouldn't listen to them because of the lyrical content. To much about broken relationships and such...not my style.

most of the lyrical content on TBDM's first EP was about broken relationships dude.

Old 2004-10-13, 21:54
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

I JUST REALIZED THERE'S TWO LAMB OF GOD'S!!!! ME AND THE OTHER GUY!!! STOP PLAYING WITH MY HEAD!!!!!!

I just get annoyed because after I tell people I like them, they start talkin' to me about gay bands that dress like them, but I don't like. Perfect example: HIM. I've heard quite a few people associate the two.

Quote:

Quote:

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2004-10-14, 19:02
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Pff, that's nothing. Someone I know called Cradle Of Filth goth rock because of how they dress and what they said, and I said that they sound nothing like goth rock (Sisters Of Mercy, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bauhaus, etc) but he maintains that they are because of their dress. WTF???

H.I.M. dress like a bunch of deranged cowboys crossed with a steam engine and about a ton of fake leather.

Old 2004-10-15, 09:52
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Pff, that's nothing. Someone I know called Cradle Of Filth goth rock because of how they dress and what they said, and I said that they sound nothing like goth rock (Sisters Of Mercy, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bauhaus, etc) but he maintains that they are because of their dress. WTF???

Well, I can see the association - they are heavily influenced by the mid-to-late 80's English goth scene. I can certainly see parallels with Sisters Of Mercy from what little I've heard emanating from my brothers bedroom. He also admits as much and he's a black metal fan. I myself have never considered them to be black metal - perhaps extreme goth metal would be more fitting.

Old 2004-11-06, 18:08
rexxdoggy
New Blood

the song unholy confessions is probably the 15th best song out of like 27, the best song is i wont see you tonight part 2, that solo is wicked, or the solo from second heartbeat, that song is badd. most of the songs have solos and what not, but most of the songs are pretty good, and yeah ive noticed the lyrics were a lot about relationships

Old 2004-11-06, 19:27
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

avenged sevenfold are stupid. i hate them and all bands associated. nu metal is talked about way too much around here.

Old 2004-11-07, 00:49
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
avenged sevenfold are stupid. i hate them and all bands associated. nu metal is talked about way too much around here.

Such ignorance out of somebody who begs for people to listen to black metal. Yes nu metal is talked about too much, fortunately you don't have to worry about that when talking about avenged sevenfold.

Old 2004-11-07, 02:36
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
Such ignorance out of somebody who begs for people to listen to black metal. Yes nu metal is talked about too much, fortunately you don't have to worry about that when talking about avenged sevenfold.

hahaha, funny one, guy. I have Never begged or requested that anyone listen to black metal. Only to accept that i like it and play it myself. And i was in no way implying that avenged sevenfold was numetal. I personally am very iffy when it comes to putting bands into genres, unless of coarse it is very evident. i dont like being called ignorant though. bye

Old 2004-11-08, 22:59
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

OH YEAH!!!

Quote:

This wasn't because of dress, but someone I know has recently heard Lamb of God for the first time and labeled them: goth metal. RJASLKSJLAS!!

He also thinks thrash metal is really high and dissonant guitars. What a dumbass.

Quote:

Quote:

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2004-11-08, 23:27
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb_of_god
This wasn't because of dress, but someone I know has recently heard Lamb of God for the first time and labeled them: goth metal.

why do you give a fuck. just let the little cum sucker wallow in his ignorance

Old 2004-11-10, 03:18
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
why do you give a fuck. just let the little cum sucker wallow in his ignorance

He's right you know. You shoulda given this person you know a proper slamming to end it though.

Old 2004-11-14, 05:40
Bones98
Post-whore

I dont really like MEtal Core, HXC, Hard Core, PoopCore, ShitCOre, or whatever u call it.
But there are a few HxC bands that I like, well correct me if I'm wrong but Bleeding Through is a decent hardcore band, the keyboards arent so gay and there are very few EMO break downs. Does anyone know any brutal hardcore bands without those clean vocals (pisses me off)?

Old 2004-11-14, 05:42
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

As I Lay Dying. fucking amazing, decently similar to Bleeding Through.

Old 2004-11-14, 05:46
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

As I Lay Dying rule!!!! As for Bleeding Through, I saw them at Ozzfest but they skipped the soundcheck or something cuz the bass frequencies were way fuckin' high! Couldn't hear a thing, so I can't judge.

For the 3rd time, I love that Avatar Andrew1331!!!

Quote:

Quote:

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2004-11-14, 06:07
Bones98
Post-whore

YEAH BUT I TOLD U GUYS.. I HATE AS I LAY DYING.. THEY HAVE CLEAN VOCALS. sorry for the caps., my pc is spazzin' out.

Old 2004-11-14, 06:09
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

no they dont. well. barely at all. probably 1 minute total on the whole Frail Words Collapse album.

Old 2004-11-14, 06:17
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones98
YEAH BUT I TOLD U GUYS.. I HATE AS I LAY DYING.. THEY HAVE CLEAN VOCALS. sorry for the caps., my pc is spazzin' out.
Blasphemer! As I Lay Dying is one of my favorite bands. Honestly, they only have one song with clean vocals, Distance is Darkness, which is my favorite song on the album.

Old 2004-11-14, 06:21
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

I don't remember any clean vocals. I haven't listened to Frail Words Collapse in like a month, I need to go hear it again.

Quote:

Quote:

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2004-11-14, 06:31
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
I don't remember any clean vocals. I haven't listened to Frail Words Collapse in like a month, I need to go hear it again.
Well, when you do, listen to Disatnce is Darkness. It has some killer clean vocals, which is why Tim Lambesis one of my favorite vocalist.

Old 2004-11-14, 06:35
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

I like the vocals too, but just cuz of that bark he's got. It kills.

Quote:

Quote:

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2004-11-14, 17:10
Bones98
Post-whore

Quote:
Blasphemer! As I Lay Dying is one of my favorite bands. Honestly, they only have one song with clean vocals, Distance is Darkness, which is my favorite song on the album.

What about that song "The Deepest Gray?" .. or i might be mistaking some other band because the stuff they play on TV all sounds the same.

Old 2004-11-14, 17:58
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

thats All That Remains, good sir. and sadly, MyOwnSavior, the clean vocals are not done by Tim Lambesis. they are done by the bassist. im so worried about the next album. the only people that are still in the band from the Frail Words Collapse release are Tim and Jordan. they replaced both guitarists and the bassist

Old 2004-11-14, 20:04
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

They got rid of Evan? Damn, now I am worried about the new album. I wish it was Tim doing all vocals, now I lost some respect in his abilites. Damn you Andrew!

Old 2004-11-20, 03:57
Bones98
Post-whore

oh shit, I got As I Lay Dying mixed up with All That Remains, but which one of the 2 is the most heaviest and brutal?

Old 2005-06-12, 10:27
jason_backer_4ever
New Blood

avenged sevenfold is infact a great band,but there guitarist reminds me of jason becker,there music and playing style are VERY similar,i would even say the same....its wierd but relaxing to hear such great guitar playing again. jason becker is a metal god,yall may not know of him,but he is one of the best lead guitarists there is.

Old 2005-06-12, 20:58
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_backer_4ever
avenged sevenfold is infact a great band,but there guitarist reminds me of jason becker,there music and playing style are VERY similar,i would even say the same....its wierd but relaxing to hear such great guitar playing again. jason becker is a metal god,yall may not know of him,but he is one of the best lead guitarists there is.

Never heard of him

Old 2005-06-12, 21:26
jason_backer_4ever
New Blood

really? look him up,him and marty friedman are a couple of the fastest speed metal players there is,listen to avenged sevenfold songs,then listen to a song called "speed metal symphony" and the guitar style,sound,and playing are basically the same from jason becker and avenged sevenfolds guitarist

Old 2005-06-12, 21:47
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

I'll have to strongly disagree with you on that point..

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-06-12, 21:57
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
really? look him up,him and marty friedman are a couple of the fastest speed metal players there is,listen to avenged sevenfold songs,then listen to a song called "speed metal symphony" and the guitar style,sound,and playing are basically the same from jason becker and avenged sevenfolds guitarist

Alright, I checked him out and bought both Cacophony cd's and his Perpetual Burn cd. I then decided that he was so awesome I'd put him in my display picture and make a signature that has to deal with him.

Thank you so much for recommending him to me!

But seriously, I don't think comparisons should be drawn between Becker and Synyster Gates. Gates is great, but Becker is in a whole other league.

Just my opinion though

Old 2005-06-13, 00:27
jason_backer_4ever
New Blood

im glad you like him,becker is my favorite guitar player. synyster gates may have been inspired by himi dunno, i just think in some songs his playing and beckers playing are similar,becker can play WAY fast tho,i just think they sound alike in some A7X songs. strange how noone knows jason becker,i am 16 and i even know him,i guess peeps pay more attention to there hardcore and punk music to realize that there is actually some music unrelated to that that is equally awsome

o well

Old 2005-06-13, 04:20
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
im glad you like him,becker is my favorite guitar player. synyster gates may have been inspired by himi dunno, i just think in some songs his playing and beckers playing are similar,becker can play WAY fast tho,i just think they sound alike in some A7X songs. strange how noone knows jason becker,i am 16 and i even know him,i guess peeps pay more attention to there hardcore and punk music to realize that there is actually some music unrelated to that that is equally awsome

o well

I just picked up "City of Evil" and it is pretty impressive. Synyster Gates is probably my 3rd favorite guitarist as of now.

I also read an article a while back on Synyster Gates and he mentioned Jason Becker as an inspiration.

Last edited by ShredIsNotDead : 2005-06-13 at 05:13.

Old 2005-06-13, 12:07
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
I just picked up "City of Evil" and it is pretty impressive. Synyster Gates is probably my 3rd favorite guitarist as of now.

I also read an article a while back on Synyster Gates and he mentioned Jason Becker as an inspiration.

Is that CD actually good? I read an interview with them in Revolver and they made it sound like they've abandoned they're old style. They made it sound like the new CD is going to suck really bad.

Quote:

Quote:

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2005-06-13, 17:14
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

Quote:
Is that CD actually good? I read an interview with them in Revolver and they made it sound like they've abandoned they're old style. They made it sound like the new CD is going to suck really bad.

they just dropped the metalcore screams

Old 2005-06-13, 17:32
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:

They did, and for the better.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-08-08, 16:47
BURYyourDEAD
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones98
oh shit, I got As I Lay Dying mixed up with All That Remains, but which one of the 2 is the most heaviest and brutal?

I believe As I Lay Dying wins

Old 2005-08-08, 17:20
ToXiC NaPaLM
New Blood

Avenged Sevenfold Is Awesome

I love Avenged Sevenfold, they have awesome guitar riffs. I also like how the guitars harmonize. Thats awesome.

Old 2005-08-08, 17:22
ToXiC NaPaLM
New Blood

The Lead singer for Avenged Sevenfold had Vocal Chord surgery so he can't sing that good anymore. It's still a good CD, but definitely not as good as Waking The Fallen.

Old 2005-08-08, 17:33
BURYyourDEAD
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXiC NaPaLM
The Lead singer for Avenged Sevenfold had Vocal Chord surgery so he can't sing that good anymore. It's still a good CD, but definitely not as good as Waking The Fallen.

I agree. Musically its really good but Waking the Fallen has way better vocals

Old 2005-08-08, 17:46
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURYyourDEAD
I believe As I Lay Dying wins

As I lay Dying rapes most metalcore bands(Its an opinion people!!!!).

As for Avenged Sevenfold,I can listen to them,but not really my style.

Old 2005-08-08, 18:01
BURYyourDEAD
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofStorms
As I lay Dying rapes most metalcore bands(Its an opinion people!!!!).

As I Lay Dying is the definition of Metalcore

Old 2005-08-08, 21:51
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Avenged Sevenfold is decent. Nice guitar and drum sounds on some songs, mostly their past stuff. I hate the vocal lines though.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.