User Name
Password

Old 2004-10-01, 23:27
Noob lud

Avenged Sevenfold

This has to be the gayest poser band there is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2004-10-02, 01:51
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb of god\m/
This has to be the gayest poser band there is

You are no different from a teenage girl squealing about how hot usher is, when you don't care about the music.

What are they posing for? Is it not ok to stand out any more? Does everybody have to be compressed into genres? That would sure make music exciting.

Their guitarist is talented, they have catchy songs, and I could care less what the fuck they look like.
Old 2004-10-02, 02:39
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
I've heard one song by them and it was pretty cool. Had a nice solo too but the name of it escapes me.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2004-10-02, 03:06
Supreme Metalhead

I don't like emo-breaks.
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind
Old 2004-10-02, 11:12
Senior Metalhead

They sound a lot like Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage and whoever the fuck is cluttering the Nu-Metal scene nowadays.
Old 2004-10-02, 13:08
Registered Sex Offender

Send a message via AIM to MyOwnSavior
Here you go throwing around the word nu-metal. Killswitch Engage and Lamb of God are nothing like nu-metal. I noticed if some of you guys don't like a newer band you put them in the nu-metal genre like its some kinda of crappy music waste basket.

As for Avenged Sevenfold, they're okay. Chapter 4 is probally the only song I've heard by them and it was pretty good. But I don't see how some put them in the hardcore punk genre.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'. - Early Cuyler
Old 2004-10-02, 13:39
The Stings of Conscience

Send a message via AIM to Rapture
i think they kick ass. good solos, the guitarist is sick. and he looks like Bam Margera

EDIT: theres 2 guitarists, i was refering to the lead
Old 2004-10-02, 21:59
Gangster Rapper

Send a message via MSN to Severed_Head_Stoner
Sorry to bring the page a little off topic, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
Here you go throwing around the word nu-metal. Killswitch Engage and Lamb of God are nothing like nu-metal. I noticed if some of you guys don't like a newer band you put them in the nu-metal genre like its some kinda of crappy music waste basket.

Not all nu-metal is bad, i consider KSE nu-metal (albeit better than most nu-metal) and i like it, in moderation. You seem to automatically think of nu-metal as bad, when i'm sure there is a lot of it you havn't heard or given a chance.
- Jason Becker
Old 2004-10-03, 00:51
Registered Sex Offender

Sorry to disagree with you man but I can't see how Killswitch is nu-metal. To me, they're metalcore if they're anything. I know after saying that someone is going to say metalcore is nu-metal. So let me go on record and say if you think it is, your a dumbass. I'm sure Def will agree.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'. - Early Cuyler
Old 2004-10-03, 02:03
Post-whore

Actually lamb of god and killswitch are everything like nu metal. Screamo mall core is nu metal. I wish I could be origional like you and put the name of an AC song in my signature, so I think I will.
Old 2004-10-03, 02:48
Registered Sex Offender

Oh great, now everyone's going to have AC sigs. Now I know how the black community feels.

Ahh fuck it, I give up on the whole nu-metal crap. Its easy to say we all have different views on nu-metal. I believe if you sound like Slipknot or Korn and play 7 string guitars but only use the top 3 strings, then you're nu-metal.

Old 2004-10-03, 07:44
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
Nu metal = downtuned guitars and chromatic scale riffs and rap vocals, with DJ's often to be found in the band.

KsE - NO downtuned guitars. No "My Life Sucks" lyrics. No rap vocals.Do I see a DJ? NO! Verdict - they are metalcore.

Avenged Sevenfold - Hardcore, close to metalcore.

Screamo - totally different thing. It's a branch of punk. It comes from emocore/hardcore.

Fuck you, Undying Hatred. You don't know what you're talking about. It's not about the phylosophy, it's about the sound and the musical characteristics. "l00k @ m3 im so tr00 m3tal i dont like shitty nu metal like kse and avenged sevenfold i rock so hard haha i said hard"
Old 2004-10-03, 07:47
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying_Hatred
Screamo mall core is nu metal.

No it isn't, it's screamo mall-core.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2004-10-03, 14:51
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
KsE - NO downtuned guitars.

AHEM... uh, sorry... i like KsE and all, and i dont think they're nu metal but uh.... they tune to CGCFAD..... very sorry....
Old 2004-10-03, 17:55
Registered Sex Offender

Well, eventhough they downtune, its really not a flaw or anything. I enjoy the tune of their guitars, it gives their music a bit of a edge.

Old 2004-10-03, 18:20
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to Necro_Butcher
meh, i can stand the music

i wouldnt listen to the stuff outside a show though
Old 2004-10-03, 18:30
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
Well, eventhough they downtune, its really not a flaw or anything. I enjoy the tune of their guitars, it gives their music a bit of a edge.

i wasnt saying it was bad at all. i got nothing against down tuning. i was just saying, they do it. some of the greatest metal bands tune down as low as drop B, so noone here shoudl associate downtuning with nu metal
Old 2004-10-03, 21:01
Registered Sex Offender

Take it easy man. I never said you said it was bad. I was supporting your statement thats all.

Old 2004-10-03, 23:52
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
i wasnt saying it was bad at all. i got nothing against down tuning. i was just saying, they do it. some of the greatest metal bands tune down as low as drop B, so noone here shoudl associate downtuning with nu metal

Your grammer and punctuation are horrible. No offense, but wow.

The horror...

(I'm just fuckin' around)
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind
Old 2004-10-04, 00:29
Post-whore

Hi lets all listen to MA's god of emptyness then reiterate what you've posted to yourself.

Yeah one more thing, who gives a flying fuck about grammar on a public forum on the fucking internet. Its one thing to find all capitals or "y0 w3rd" dialect a bit irritating, hell I've blown up about it myself. But seriously who fucking cares. You dont sit there and spell shit out saying "Fuck you comma you stupid fucking moron" in real life so why the fuck would it matter if someone does add one while conveying opinions on a global forum. If you want to read something in which everything is spelled correctly and grammar is always correct, go read a fucking dictionary you stupid fucking psudo-intellectual queer. You are the wrost kind of human waste pooped out from a female cunt, and I only wish the worst for you. If you want to correct spelling be a fucking english teacher or try to sit there and bitch at someone next to you in school about their spelling for hours, days, and even weeks on end. See how fast you get popped in the cock sucker.

In case you're wondering why this post is edited, I added an f to the "If you want". You fucking panty waste.