MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  #21  
Old 2004-09-24, 20:27
DeathCS's Avatar
DeathCS DeathCS is offline
Wasted Custom User title
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Minneapolis.
Posts: 5,002
Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
EBAY!

Ive seen em go for $300 before, all ripped up though.

Harmony Central classified's have alot of good delas too

rarely theylle go for that cheap. Usualy like 400-500$ for the more beaten up ones.
__________________
This is my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2004-09-24, 20:40
Necro_Butcher's Avatar
Necro_Butcher Necro_Butcher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PEI, Canada
Posts: 1,103
Send a message via MSN to Necro_Butcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdimmu
I'll say it before xDx, the Crate BV head and Martshall 1960 cab.




Nope
that head just doenst slay enough
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2004-09-24, 20:51
BLS's Avatar
BLS BLS is offline
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,705
Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
rarely theylle go for that cheap. Usualy like 400-500$ for the more beaten up ones.


cause your ghey
__________________
"Believe the word
I will unlock my door
And pass the cemetery gates"

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2004-09-25, 13:48
xdislexicx xdislexicx is offline
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The West.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearFrost
Fuck, I wish I could get that EVEN in US Money.

why can't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro_Butcher
Nope
that head just doenst slay enough

take it back! the bv can "slay" plenty
__________________
Friends don't let friends play Krank!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2004-09-25, 13:59
DeathCS's Avatar
DeathCS DeathCS is offline
Wasted Custom User title
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Minneapolis.
Posts: 5,002
Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
cause your ghey

Yes, thats EXACTLY why.
__________________
This is my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2004-09-25, 16:04
Necro_Butcher's Avatar
Necro_Butcher Necro_Butcher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PEI, Canada
Posts: 1,103
Send a message via MSN to Necro_Butcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
why can't you?

take it back! the bv can "slay" plenty

well i played it at a local music shop

the tone isnt concentrated enough, its all over the place
i didnt exactly get to crank it, but i had it pretty loud, id like abit more gain. this head sounded like a watered down dying fetus amp
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2004-09-25, 16:44
FearFrost's Avatar
FearFrost FearFrost is offline
The Mountie From Hell
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Halifax N.S. Canada
Posts: 3,016
Send a message via MSN to FearFrost
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
why can't you?



1) Musicstop only carrys JCM 2000's (Valve's and MG's more then anything).
2) The Cab is $1,150 new.
3) I can't find deals like that when I have the money.

Edit:

Hey Necro_butcher, do you go through musicstop on PEI or another place, and if it is musicstop why do you get WAY different gear then Halifax?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timedragon
i clicked on time... cause im timedragon
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2004-09-25, 17:16
Necro_Butcher's Avatar
Necro_Butcher Necro_Butcher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PEI, Canada
Posts: 1,103
Send a message via MSN to Necro_Butcher
hahahah a music stop in pei, good one


im not exactly sure what you mean by different gear

but i tried out the crate BV 120 in a small small music store

whats the selection like where you are?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2004-09-25, 17:52
FearFrost's Avatar
FearFrost FearFrost is offline
The Mountie From Hell
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Halifax N.S. Canada
Posts: 3,016
Send a message via MSN to FearFrost
Well In halifax there is a few, but the 2 I go to are:

Dartmouth, On Main Street (20 min walk, or 5 min drive away)

Guitars:
1 Jackson DX
1 Ibanez (sg? not RG but the series starts with an "S")
8 Fenders
5 BC Rich's (1 plat warlock with licenced floyd and a pint job like a gibson gothic, ironbird body art crap, Bronze warlock, S.O.Beast thing, and the KK warlock (red tribal)
a few gibsons (one flying V)
and 3 Epi.

Amps:
Heads:
Peavey XL supreme
JCM 2000

Combos:
MG's 15watt-100watt
a few fenders
line 6 sipder (50 watt)
Peavey XXL

Thats really it

The big one in Halifax:

A crap load of low end BC Rich's
2 Jackson DX's
1 jackson Kelly
No Ibanez's (was there today with BassB. thats how I know)
25 fenders
2 or 3 Les Pauls
an unholy pile of Epiphones
thats all i can remember

Amps:
Heads:
JCM 2000 lead
some amp head i cant remember the name, and didn't want to try it out

Combos:
Peavey XXL
Peavey XXX
Marshall valvestate (100watt)
Mg's 15-100 watt
Line 6 spider 2 (100 watt)
I thimk theres one more but thats really it.

There is a store on quinnpool raod that has a few gems in there (ask BassB. he found his dream bass hahaha)

Randall RG's 50, 75, and 100 (combos)
Randall Titian and RS? 100 (its not a RG) (heads)
Schecter guitars

Nothing too brag about but they treat you like a human being in there, unlike musicstop.

P.S. Now you know why I always say there is NEVER anything good around here, and evey one has the same Rigg.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timedragon
i clicked on time... cause im timedragon
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2004-09-25, 20:47
xdislexicx xdislexicx is offline
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The West.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro_Butcher
well i played it at a local music shop

the tone isnt concentrated enough, its all over the place
i didnt exactly get to crank it, but i had it pretty loud, id like abit more gain. this head sounded like a watered down dying fetus amp

if you didn't get to turn it past like 3 then you might as well not even played it....
my guitarist used to own a bv120h, he sold it to a friend who i've barrowed it from on several occasions... very nice amp... it's not very noisey, loads of gain, good tight sound and a suprisingly effective mid control....
definately capable of being brutal... hell jack from canibal corpse used a bv300. and now jeremy uses it.

as for the watered down dying fetus comment... dying fetus has a really bad guitar sound... no tone....muddy, shrill, buzzy, sound. definatly s.s.
i'm thinking randall and or older peavey s.s. stuff. but if i'm wrong about that put me in my place.
but i've gotten tones from a bv that dying fetus could only dream of having...


Quote:
Originally Posted by FearFrost
1) Musicstop only carrys JCM 2000's (Valve's and MG's more then anything).
2) The Cab is $1,150 new.
3) I can't find deals like that when I have the money.

holy shit you're getting fucked over... even on new stuff...

it's called the used market.... a jcm 900 half stack setup can easily be had for under $1,000 u.s. $$$ my friend bought his for about that much from a local store...
__________________
Friends don't let friends play Krank!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2004-09-25, 20:58
Def's Avatar
Def Def is offline
Master Killer
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 11,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx

as for the watered down dying fetus comment... dying fetus has a really bad guitar sound... no tone....muddy, shrill, buzzy, sound. definatly s.s.
i'm thinking randall and or older peavey s.s. stuff. but if i'm wrong about that put me in my place.
but i've gotten tones from a bv that dying fetus could only dream of having...



Peavey 5150's with Randall cabs.


the BV's aren't bad. for their money, though far from my favorite amp, they aren't bad. shame I can't get my hands on a bv300 over here, I played a 120 in Ibbenburen (germany) though I reckon its allmost impossible to get decent tube saturnation with 300 watts. the 120 sounds better then the other models I tried before. but I don't know about the 300 yet.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2004-09-25, 21:46
DeathCS's Avatar
DeathCS DeathCS is offline
Wasted Custom User title
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Minneapolis.
Posts: 5,002
Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
holy shit you're getting fucked over... even on new stuff...

it's called the used market.... a jcm 900 half stack setup can easily be had for under $1,000 u.s. $$$ my friend bought his for about that much from a local store...

Your forgetting that hes canadian and his money sucks compared to ours.
__________________
This is my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2004-09-25, 21:54
FearFrost's Avatar
FearFrost FearFrost is offline
The Mountie From Hell
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Halifax N.S. Canada
Posts: 3,016
Send a message via MSN to FearFrost
not really, in ontario its a little less, not by much but it is less.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timedragon
i clicked on time... cause im timedragon
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2004-09-25, 23:34
xdislexicx xdislexicx is offline
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The West.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Peavey 5150's with Randall cabs.


the BV's aren't bad. for their money, though far from my favorite amp, they aren't bad. shame I can't get my hands on a bv300 over here, I played a 120 in Ibbenburen (germany) though I reckon its allmost impossible to get decent tube saturnation with 300 watts. the 120 sounds better then the other models I tried before. but I don't know about the 300 yet.

maybe on some of the more recent shit, but they certainly so not have 5150 tone, that's for sure...

the bv50 short chasis head is the shit... i want to hunt one down and buy it so i can rack mount it(being short chais so it's the perfect 19" size) the 50w is better for a warmer sound and i could just team it up with another poweramp if i needed more than 50 tube watts.
that would be my neato backup rig.
but the bv300 is very cold, dry, and sterile even at gigging volumes(at like 3)... but suprisingly it's not a bad kind of sterile/dry/cold... it atually makes it a very interesting sounding amp... though i still prefer the older models.
__________________
Friends don't let friends play Krank!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2004-09-26, 05:48
Def's Avatar
Def Def is offline
Master Killer
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 11,372
I've seen them play ages ago and they played 5150's. seen some recent livephotos and they played the same.

I agree they have fucked them up pretty well. heh.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2004-09-26, 12:50
xdislexicx xdislexicx is offline
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The West.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
I've seen them play ages ago and they played 5150's. seen some recent livephotos and they played the same.

I agree they have fucked them up pretty well. heh.

that's sad... i could swear in my drummer's "killing on adrenline" booklet they have a bunch of s.s. peavey and randall stuff in the background. which isalso what most of their recordings sound like...

but if they can get that bad of tone from a 5150 i feel bad for them...
__________________
Friends don't let friends play Krank!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2004-09-26, 12:57
Def's Avatar
Def Def is offline
Master Killer
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 11,372
I agree, its pretty bad.

if you look on their website, theres some pics of them, like this one:

http://www.dyingfetus.com/pics/mikegalaxy03.jpg

and theres other pics with JCM2000's in the picture too, I think I saw them on more of their pics from last year, they used 5150's when I saw them ages ago... but apperently they can rape jcm 2000's too.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2004-09-26, 13:05
xdislexicx xdislexicx is offline
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The West.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
I agree, its pretty bad.

if you look on their website, theres some pics of them, like this one:

http://www.dyingfetus.com/pics/mikegalaxy03.jpg

and theres other pics with JCM2000's in the picture too, I think I saw them on more of their pics from last year, they used 5150's when I saw them ages ago... but apperently they can rape jcm 2000's too.

__________________
Friends don't let friends play Krank!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2004-09-26, 15:21
DeathCS's Avatar
DeathCS DeathCS is offline
Wasted Custom User title
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Minneapolis.
Posts: 5,002
Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
pff, dying fetus's tone isnt that bad.
__________________
This is my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2004-09-26, 15:50
Necro_Butcher's Avatar
Necro_Butcher Necro_Butcher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PEI, Canada
Posts: 1,103
Send a message via MSN to Necro_Butcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
that's sad... i could swear in my drummer's "killing on adrenline" booklet they have a bunch of s.s. peavey and randall stuff in the background. which isalso what most of their recordings sound like...

but if they can get that bad of tone from a 5150 i feel bad for them...



dude dont bother with killing on adrelaline, great album, bad tone


check out there new albums tone ,its awesome
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:41.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.