Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2011-04-01, 11:26
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
the duvel tripel hop wasnt worth the cost imo, and thats coming from somebody who loves duvel with a passion. better off just getting delirium tremens and a regular duvel together instead.

love laphroaig. got a bottle of cask strength for christmas. if you like the 10 year youd love the cask strength. also love talisker and highland park

I haven't had that cask strength version yet. They have it at the store so I'll definitely give it a whirl.

Picked up a mixed 12 of Magic Hat beers.. Good stuff. I like their Demo IPA. Hopefully they won't limit it to these mix packs.
Old 2011-05-14, 05:46
Noob lud

Tried a bottle of Delirium Tremens two days ago. Not a fan! Sam told me it was better than Duvel so I bought it with high expectations, but i'd give it a 7/10, and that is being generous. I chilled the bottle for about 30 minutes in the beginning and left it in room temp as I drank the whole bottle, hoping to see a range of different flavors as it warmed up... I honestly liked it best at its coldest/most carbonated point.

I'll stick to Chimay blue or just a Duvel next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2011-05-14, 10:40
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
The first time I had DT (heh) I didn't like it at all. Like, not even a 3/10, but I'm pretty sure because that bottle was skunked. I've had it a couple times since and I like it. I'd also give it a 7/10.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2011-05-14, 18:25
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Tried a bottle of Delirium Tremens two days ago. Not a fan! Sam told me it was better than Duvel so I bought it with high expectations, but i'd give it a 7/10, and that is being generous. I chilled the bottle for about 30 minutes in the beginning and left it in room temp as I drank the whole bottle, hoping to see a range of different flavors as it warmed up... I honestly liked it best at its coldest/most carbonated point.

I'll stick to Chimay blue or just a Duvel next time

Hmm, there is a chance you had a bad bottle, but who knows. Not everyone likes the same shit. I think DT is pretty tasty, but I think I like Chimay Blue a lot more. Try and find some St. Bernardus Abt 12. That stuff is awesome! Very comparable to Chimay Blue.
Old 2011-05-14, 23:18
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

R.I.P moe
Old 2011-05-15, 03:41
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

I couldn't imagine a beer that matches your avatar better.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2011-05-15, 11:28
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
Hmm, there is a chance you had a bad bottle, but who knows. Not everyone likes the same shit. I think DT is pretty tasty, but I think I like Chimay Blue a lot more. Try and find some St. Bernardus Abt 12. That stuff is awesome! Very comparable to Chimay Blue.

Man, still looking for some of that Abt 12. Can't find it!

I've seen that Delirium Nocturnum before.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2011-05-31, 14:59
Post-whore

Brewed up my own Pale Ale. Took about two months to do it, but it turned out great, just finished conditioning some bottles in the frige two days ago. Past them out to some friends and they loved the stuff, I've yet to drink a bottle.
Old 2011-05-31, 19:23
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Oh nice! Have you had any experience brewing before? I've read a book and some articles about it, but I've never invested the money into getting all the necessaries. Details!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2011-06-01, 03:50
Metalhead

Rakia
Без гордих дум, без честі і ім'я?
Old 2011-06-01, 13:05
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Oh nice! Have you had any experience brewing before? I've read a book and some articles about it, but I've never invested the money into getting all the necessaries. Details!

Actually bought a small starter kit with a malt extract. The kit allowed me to understand the fundamentals of temperature, cleanliness, carbonation, and the time involved with home brewing. It also provided information on different types of hops, different beers and how they ferment, and just gets you down right involved with the chemistry behind it all. Sort of like a kid set for the beginning brewer. The pale ale wort extract is already made, so the task of actually dealing with the barley, hops, and other ingredients is done for you.

However, around the next couple of weeks I'm heading to a home brew store. I'm going to pick up some yeast, hops, and other ingredients to make my own wort for an ale. I have a farmer whom is giving me a fresh 5lb bag of wheat(barley) within the next two weeks, which will approximately provide ample malt for two gallons of ale. So I'll Malt ->Wart->Ferment, each step listed contains multiple tasks, which can be time consuming.

I'm sticking with Ales at the moment because lagers are harder to maintain. Lagers need a lot more attention during fermentation especially temperature wise and take longer to ferment, has a lot to do with ingredients and the way the yeast works(Ales - yeast is top fermenting and works faster because of warmer fermentation temperatures, Lager - yeast is bottom fermenting and works slower due to colder fermenting temperatures. Since I'm starting out I'd rather wait a shorter period of time to see if I've screwed up or not, and it will come out a little cheaper of a screw up. I could tell when I was bottling/carbonating my batch a few weeks ago that I hadn't screwed up and no bacteria had gotten into the mix, and that was by the smell alone. It smelled so fresh coming out the tab, I could have took a drink then.

The starter kits are cool, a highly recommended buy you can keep reusing the equipment as well which is nice for a few test runs until you decide its for you and then you can make a decision to upgrade.

If I find in the next month or so things turn out well for this batch, I'll be please to send anyone a bottle in the mail.

By the way I finally got to try my brew today and it was great.

Last edited by Pr0az : 2011-06-01 at 13:46.
Old 2011-06-01, 17:29
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

That'd be awesome of you if it works out and you send over a bottle. How many bottles do you usually get out of a batch?

Yeah, I have looked into a couple kits. Not too expensive and it does not seem that time consuming, especially for the kits that come with the extract. Its something I'd like to try sometime in the future, though I don't really have the time or space for it right now. I think its something I'd really enjoy, though. I used to grow mushrooms and learning the science and methods behind that was the best part.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2011-06-01, 19:23
Vaginal Warts

Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
I've grown fond of shitty Sangria in the last while. It tastes like somebody poured slightly carbonated juice in your wine and it gets you drunk. It also sounds better than saying you got drunk off of Mike's or Smirnoff Ice... a little better, at least.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.
Old 2011-06-01, 23:03
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Pr0az, just so you know and don't get in trouble or have it confiscated after your hard work brewing, USPS doesn't allow shipping of alcoholic beverages or even use of boxes that have been used for alcohol. I think UPS might or another shipper.

I've looked around my backyard where my grandmother told me they used to grow hops here, but it may be a futile search. I've had other old timers pop up in the yard so I'm still hopeful. It was probably easier and cheaper to acquire for them to use it in baking than yeast, but I think my great uncle might have had a little brewing going on. I've got an antique bottler in the basement and I don't think it was just used for ketchup.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2011-06-01, 23:46
Post-whore

I'm a bitch for drinking so much Wood Chuck cider.
Old 2011-06-02, 01:59
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
No, you're just a bitch, req'. Cider has nothing to do with it. amirite?

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Old 2011-06-02, 08:53
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

OH! LBs getting in on the smack down. Don't worry, he won't reply to anything. He just comes in and updates us on his life and then leaves.

I can't get into sangria. Maybe its because I don't like things other than ice floating around in my drink, but also I'm just not a fan of overly-sweet alcoholic drinks. Maybe a glass is nice, but I could never see myself drinking enough to get drunk. 'Course, I've only had sangria maybe two times in my life so maybe it is nice.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2011-06-02, 10:09
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Maybe its because I don't like things other than ice floating around in my drink, but also I'm just not a fan of overly-sweet alcoholic drinks

This man knows what's good

R.I.P moe
Old 2011-06-02, 10:58
Post-whore

Quote:
That'd be awesome of you if it works out and you send over a bottle. How many bottles do you usually get out of a batch?

I'll get approximately two gallons of brew with the current fermenter I have, due to its size. So with the five pounds of wheat(barley) I'll be receiving I'll have enough to malt and use in the wart to meet the two gallon capacity. The average beer bottle is around twelve ounces, so I'll get around twenty one twelve ounce bottles.

The wart only makes up about fifteen percent of the actual beer, the other eighty five percent is pure water. I have to carbon filter the water I use which I'm sure will keep me around two gallons for awhile because a Brita takes a long time to filtrate a gallon of water.

Last edited by Pr0az : 2011-06-02 at 11:03.
Old 2011-06-02, 14:34
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
OH! LBs getting in on the smack down. Don't worry, he won't reply to anything. He just comes in and updates us on his life and then leaves.

I can't get into sangria. Maybe its because I don't like things other than ice floating around in my drink, but also I'm just not a fan of overly-sweet alcoholic drinks. Maybe a glass is nice, but I could never see myself drinking enough to get drunk. 'Course, I've only had sangria maybe two times in my life so maybe it is nice.

lol I have my moments. The best way to drink sangria is not from a darn punchbowl with a bunch of fruit in it, but around a campfire complete with skeeters and just pass the bottle around.