MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password


 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 2001-10-03, 21:48
Kiniric Kiniric is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 55
What I say is don't follow anyone, cradle is popular enough to be mainstream, you can buy their CD in a local store everyone store that sells CDs, CD stores anyway. I happen to like CoF. If you like older speaking in lyrics listen to Emperor, their instrumentals are great too....
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 2001-10-04, 13:45
wannabe's Avatar
wannabe wannabe is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Vocation: What's the difference? I'm not telling you anything about me!
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch
I don't consider Rob Zombie, Static-x, Marilyn M, and other related bands gothic at all.......they're just mainstream garbage bands that try to get as much attention as possible. All these stupid bands sing about is killing jesus, which gets the media's attention, and all of a sudden they're on every cover of every magazine you could think of. (not literally speaking of course)

Cradle, however popular, isn't mainstream. They're popular because lots of people like them. And people like them because they are good. Cradle is very gothic, they're lyrics are brilliant and well chosen, the words seem like something from the 18th century sometimes. That is true gothic.

So.....from your standards, we should NOT listen to anything that is popular....meaning, listen only to the shittiest music you could ever find, cause no one would like it, hence it would stay underground and not popular. Right?



Ok. That's cool. But I disagree with one point. Cradle of Filth is not gothic at all. It's Black Metal. It is underground though. Just more people are picking up on them right now. Goth music (just Goth..that's it) is not metal in any form. I gave you guys the site. Check it out. I think all Death and Black metal is for shock value. None of it is real. Dani (or whoever writes) just is a bit creative, and tries to sound scary. It is pretty scary though. But they are a joke to the Black Metal comm.

Kirinic- where in the hell did you come up with Static X and MM for anything? Did the voice in your head whisper it to you? ()
__________________
mr. wannabe
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 2001-10-04, 14:04
memnoch's Avatar
memnoch memnoch is offline
The Devil
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Banging your girlfriend.
Posts: 2,541
Send a message via ICQ to memnoch Send a message via AIM to memnoch Send a message via MSN to memnoch
I guess you're right about Cradle not being real Goth......but some aspects of them reflect modern day gothicness. Like the black leather clothing, dark anything........but i think it's true, that the real Goth music is in the sad depressing Doom metal type stuff, or that site u mentionned.
__________________
Through me you pass into the city of woe
Through me you pass into eternal pain
Through me among the people lost for ay
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 2001-10-04, 14:32
Kiniric Kiniric is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 55
MM and static-x are popular among the "freaks" I guess I will call them homos. CoF are black metal. Bathory created black metal and Darkthrone revived black metal so blame them for black metal stuff if you have any reason to point at black metal. In the begginning lots of people actually believed this shit, I think.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 2001-10-04, 19:12
wannabe's Avatar
wannabe wannabe is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Vocation: What's the difference? I'm not telling you anything about me!
Posts: 179
Cradle of Filth wear leather? And?..........


Look, if you want gothicinism, you want me!
__________________
mr. wannabe
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 2001-10-04, 21:59
memnoch's Avatar
memnoch memnoch is offline
The Devil
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Banging your girlfriend.
Posts: 2,541
Send a message via ICQ to memnoch Send a message via AIM to memnoch Send a message via MSN to memnoch
I just meant the way they dress reflects modern day goth style.....
__________________
Through me you pass into the city of woe
Through me you pass into eternal pain
Through me among the people lost for ay
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 2001-10-05, 11:26
Kiniric Kiniric is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 55
Has anyone heard of Gorgoroth? I like their song "Destroyer" It is quite a song.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 2001-10-05, 13:28
wannabe's Avatar
wannabe wannabe is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Vocation: What's the difference? I'm not telling you anything about me!
Posts: 179
LOL. Alright, let's get back to Nu-Metal, now.

Why do you (if you do) hate it so much?

And I don't want, "b/c they don't solo or rip a mad tearing riff". If someone says that, I will heartily curse you for being dumb. Unless, that is only what you listen for in music. And if that's so...then don't bother responding. I want valid reasons or just flat out "it doesn't appeal to me". Thanx guys.
__________________
mr. wannabe
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 2001-10-05, 13:42
Kiniric Kiniric is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 55
It has happy riffs and voices and stuff. I like either darker stuff, like black metal, or heavier stuff, live death metal. Nu-metal is just a bunch of sell-outs that want money and prostitute themselves to the masses of people. Their lyrics are complete shit if you have ever heard any of them. I have listened to one song from (ugh BARF hitting self) linkin park. Their lyrics could have been written by a 10 year old girl that watches mtv and is mad at her parents. yes I did actually listen to one of their songs one time, and I thoughrilly regrett listenning to it.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 2001-10-05, 14:12
INVERTED's Avatar
INVERTED INVERTED is offline
Pussy Pulverizer
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Gates of Hell. Come, join us!
Posts: 175
Send a message via AIM to INVERTED
Plus Winkin Pawks locals sound like N-SYNC the fagit moans like a little bitch. It sucks!

YOU MUST HAVE BEEN GAY IN A FORMER OR PRESANT LIFE TO LISTEN TO THAT CRAP!
__________________
You fucking wanker!
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 2001-10-05, 14:53
wannabe's Avatar
wannabe wannabe is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Vocation: What's the difference? I'm not telling you anything about me!
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiniric
It has happy riffs and voices and stuff. I like either darker stuff, like black metal, or heavier stuff, live death metal. Nu-metal is just a bunch of sell-outs that want money and prostitute themselves to the masses of people. Their lyrics are complete shit if you have ever heard any of them. I have listened to one song from (ugh BARF hitting self) linkin park. Their lyrics could have been written by a 10 year old girl that watches mtv and is mad at her parents. yes I did actually listen to one of their songs one time, and I thoughrilly regrett listenning to it.


OK. (rubs hands together in anticipation) Let's compare, shall we? We'll go by your standards. You don't like the "happy" riffs and the voices. As in...the lyrics are distinguishable and the words actually audable. Just making sure, you understood and comprehended what you just wrote. "Their lyrics are complete shit"? As opposed to to what? "I'll rip your head off and rape you you cunt faced whore!" Those are quality lyrics there, let me tell ya? No, a ten year old could write that shit. The lyrics to a lot of NU-Metal is actually meaningful. And kids can Empathize with it. The lyrics are quite unique actually. Yeah al ot of it gets old and cliche, but Death Metal has been like that for as long as I can remember. And does everyone notice how the age of the group who watches MTV gets younger and younger? "The twelve year olds...the ten year olds"...I wonder if they will still be in the womb in the next round. Admit it....you wanted to say they don't solo, and therefore they suck...didn't you?

This is ridiculous.
__________________
mr. wannabe
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 2001-10-05, 15:05
memnoch's Avatar
memnoch memnoch is offline
The Devil
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Banging your girlfriend.
Posts: 2,541
Send a message via ICQ to memnoch Send a message via AIM to memnoch Send a message via MSN to memnoch
Quote:
Originally posted by wannabe


The lyrics to a lot of NU-Metal is actually meaningful. And kids can Empathize with it. The lyrics are quite unique actually. Yeah al ot of it gets old and cliche, but Death Metal has been like that for as long as I can remember. And does everyone notice how the age of the group who watches MTV gets younger and younger? "The twelve year olds...the ten year olds"...I wonder if they will still be in the womb in the next round.

This is ridiculous.


I bet the majority of their fans ARE in wombs!! hehe, j/k.

But about the lyrics being meaningful.....i agree....somewhat. Not all the lyrics are meaningful, like shit from Limp Bizcrap is horrible, every 2nd word is fuck. But some songs by other bands, maybe 1 out of every 5 songs, has lyrics which today's youth can relate to. Like Korn's song about the girl being raped by her dad. Stuff like that happens a lot today, and if kids see singers singing about it and people of their status who can relate to such horrors, then it makes the kids feel better. I do think the majority of nu-metal type stuff appeals to kids from about 12-15 years old, for the most part. I think at that age the kids like to hear or listen to stuff they can relate to, and know they aren't the only ones going through those hard times....big musicians have also been through it.

Now, as for why i don't like nu-metal. NO SOLOS!!!!!!!!!! Well, not really......i really love Incantation (death metal) and in a few of their songs, there are no solos, and the songs still rule. But other things i don't like about nu-metal is how the bands seem to do anything for money. Each nu-metal type band that comes out releases a cd every year or two, cause they just seem to want to keep making more and more money. Usually the first albums are the best, then because they force themselves (or the writters) to write more music fast, the music's quality goes down a lot.
Another reason is i like heavy sounding music. Maybe 5 years ago when i was starting to like music, i loved stuff like Silverchair and BushX, cause it was "cool" back then. But over the years, my taste in music has gotten heavier and heavier, to a point where anything in standard doesn't appeal to me anymore. I also like the singing in death metal....big growls that immitate power and rage. I'd prefer Corpsegrinder anyday over the Sum41 guy!! But anyways.......i hope that answers your question wannabe....i don't feel like writting anymore!
__________________
Through me you pass into the city of woe
Through me you pass into eternal pain
Through me among the people lost for ay
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 2001-10-05, 18:00
wannabe's Avatar
wannabe wannabe is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Vocation: What's the difference? I'm not telling you anything about me!
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch


I bet the majority of their fans ARE in wombs!! hehe, j/k.

But about the lyrics being meaningful.....i agree....somewhat. Not all the lyrics are meaningful, like shit from Limp Bizcrap is horrible, every 2nd word is fuck. But some songs by other bands, maybe 1 out of every 5 songs, has lyrics which today's youth can relate to. Like Korn's song about the girl being raped by her dad. Stuff like that happens a lot today, and if kids see singers singing about it and people of their status who can relate to such horrors, then it makes the kids feel better. I do think the majority of nu-metal type stuff appeals to kids from about 12-15 years old, for the most part. I think at that age the kids like to hear or listen to stuff they can relate to, and know they aren't the only ones going through those hard times....big musicians have also been through it.

Now, as for why i don't like nu-metal. NO SOLOS!!!!!!!!!! Well, not really......i really love Incantation (death metal) and in a few of their songs, there are no solos, and the songs still rule. But other things i don't like about nu-metal is how the bands seem to do anything for money. Each nu-metal type band that comes out releases a cd every year or two, cause they just seem to want to keep making more and more money. Usually the first albums are the best, then because they force themselves (or the writters) to write more music fast, the music's quality goes down a lot.
Another reason is i like heavy sounding music. Maybe 5 years ago when i was starting to like music, i loved stuff like Silverchair and BushX, cause it was "cool" back then. But over the years, my taste in music has gotten heavier and heavier, to a point where anything in standard doesn't appeal to me anymore. I also like the singing in death metal....big growls that immitate power and rage. I'd prefer Corpsegrinder anyday over the Sum41 guy!! But anyways.......i hope that answers your question wannabe....i don't feel like writting anymore!


Actually...YES! See, that was great. You backed up your statements with logical info. Finally, someone did what I've been saying for a longest time. See, guys, watch and learn...it isn't that hard. That was well spoken, and windy. I like long statements like that. The ones with some gurth to them usually have a good point. But you do have the occasional longwinded bird dropping post. I hate those. Plus, you added humor and stated your opinion nicely. VERY NICE.

Do I sound like your English teacher yet?
__________________
mr. wannabe
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 2001-10-05, 18:03
Kiniric Kiniric is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 55
Like Mem I started listening to shit music like 5 years ago. My tastes just got darker and heavier and continued that downward slide. There are plenty of great songs I listen to without solos but none I can think of at the moment (concentrates on eating pizza).
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 2001-10-05, 18:09
memnoch's Avatar
memnoch memnoch is offline
The Devil
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Banging your girlfriend.
Posts: 2,541
Send a message via ICQ to memnoch Send a message via AIM to memnoch Send a message via MSN to memnoch
Quote:
Originally posted by wannabe

Do I sound like your English teacher yet?


Well.......you do a bit! But it's cool!
__________________
Through me you pass into the city of woe
Through me you pass into eternal pain
Through me among the people lost for ay
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 2001-10-05, 18:13
wannabe's Avatar
wannabe wannabe is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Vocation: What's the difference? I'm not telling you anything about me!
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiniric
Like Mem I started listening to shit music like 5 years ago. My tastes just got darker and heavier and continued that downward slide. There are plenty of great songs I listen to without solos but none I can think of at the moment (concentrates on eating pizza).


That's pretty bad if you can't think of a song w/o a solo off the top of your head. That means you might have to think outside the realm of metal. OHHHP *covers mouth with hand!* Have I just commited a sin?
__________________
mr. wannabe
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 2001-10-05, 18:17
Kiniric Kiniric is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 55
Sin? you mean your religous? religous to metal at this place? oh well thats not important. I just don't memorize songs or anything, I just listen to what I think have a nice relaxing sounds for me. Like death metal and black metal, a lot of those artist's music is relaxing to me....
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 2001-10-05, 18:20
Kiniric Kiniric is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 55
Getting back to black metal, has anyone heard of Gorgoroth?? or has anyone heard of Gehenna or Ancient? I listen to those bands a lot. Cryptic Wintermoon too and a lot of Emperor and Children of Bodom. Some Darkthrone and stuff....just rambling bands off the top of my head here...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 2001-10-05, 18:24
memnoch's Avatar
memnoch memnoch is offline
The Devil
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Banging your girlfriend.
Posts: 2,541
Send a message via ICQ to memnoch Send a message via AIM to memnoch Send a message via MSN to memnoch
I have heard of some of the bands you mentionned, but have not heard their music.
__________________
Through me you pass into the city of woe
Through me you pass into eternal pain
Through me among the people lost for ay
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 2001-10-05, 18:33
Kiniric Kiniric is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 55
What I mentioned is just a bunch of black metal shit.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.