MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 2001-09-25, 23:30
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiniric
Yes, CoB is from Finland. Every member is. The Scandinavian area is the place that releases all of the best music, though here in the states everyone is some mainstream poser, slipknot for example posing to be violent.

-IHateMainstream has returned

What, everyone?

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2001-09-26, 13:23
Metalhead

Alright, I am not sure what you meant by "Everyone" as in CoB from finland (which every band member is from Finland) or me saying everyone here in the states is a mainstream poser. Me saying "everyone" means 99.9999% of the people in the states, not figuritavly every single person. As I am in the states and am like I am, but almost every single person in the states listens to one another and likes what one another likes and never insults anything because they want to be popular and have everyone like them.

-Kiniric, contributing to world hate
Old 2001-09-26, 14:33
Senior Metalhead

Location: Vocation: What's the difference? I'm not telling you anything about me!
Quote:
Alright, I am not sure what you meant by "Everyone" as in CoB from finland (which every band member is from Finland) or me saying everyone here in the states is a mainstream poser. Me saying "everyone" means 99.9999% of the people in the states, not figuritavly every single person. As I am in the states and am like I am, but almost every single person in the states listens to one another and likes what one another likes and never insults anything because they want to be popular and have everyone like them.

-Kiniric, contributing to world hate

That's not completely true. You just may be the loser who hangs out by himself at school...so you feel this way to build self-esteem and have some value of your self-worth. Ps. Don't hurt me please.
Old 2001-09-26, 14:44
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to walpurgis Send a message via AIM to walpurgis Send a message via MSN to walpurgis
Strange...although I know a lot of people that do fit into your categories of mainstream people, I know many that also don't. And I agree with wannabe, Kiniric, it seems like you're the type of person who tries to hate everything because of unacceptance or not fitting in for whatever reason...the world has enough hate, contribute something that will actually make a difference, or even be worthwhile.
Old 2001-10-01, 07:07
Metalhead

Thats kind of odd to view me like that, if you really saw me you would think I was a normal person and might not even guess I listen to metal, but gothtastic people are just stupid, gothic people are homos who try to act evil and pose around everywhere, the world never rejected me, it still holds me dear....
Old 2001-10-01, 11:41
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to memnoch Send a message via AIM to memnoch Send a message via MSN to memnoch
Quote:
the world never rejected me, it still holds me dear....

So why did you reject the world?

I know lots of gothic people who aren't stupid and dumb as you say, they're very nice, they all have they're own taste in music, and some of them really do keep with their beliefs in evil.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.
Old 2001-10-02, 07:55
Metalhead

Well, I have no belief in evil or good, I am an atheist. The masses of people in the world just piss me off to no extent.
Old 2001-10-02, 08:04
Metalhead

Oh yeah, and besides most gothic people just being somplete idiots I don't have too much against them, besides listening to mainstream and thinking they are cool and looking like fags.....
Old 2001-10-02, 11:59
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to memnoch Send a message via AIM to memnoch Send a message via MSN to memnoch
I think a lot of gothic people are quite original and the way they dress is a reflection of their lifestyles and music tastes and beliefs. It is true there are many that do it just for attention, but the ones i'm talking about are the true gothic people who don't care what others think, and don't look for attention, they do whatever they do for themselves.

Old 2001-10-02, 14:28
Metalhead

I'll try not to drone on here, but you see "goth" origionated with black metal. Black metal was created by the band Bathory who was lead by Quorthon. That started goth. In the beggining these concerts were screwed up as all hell as I understand. The crowd would stand dead still while he band played on stage. Then razors would be thrown out into the crowd and people would stand still and cut themselves, which is quite stupid if you think about it. I've been cut with a razor and these cuts don't stop bleeding....so I am guessing everyone just passed out from blood loss at some point....

Goth is mainstream now, the fake goth anyway.
Old 2001-10-02, 14:37
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Alright....when i talk about the "non-fake goths" or "real goths" i don't mean people who cut themselves in concerts.....that's just plain stupid. What i mean by goths is exactly what i said in my previous posts.
Now i don't really care to argue anymore, cause i don't see a point to it anymore. So.....in conclusion, don't hate a whole group of people because of a couple of stupid individuals....hate only those individuals, and leave the rest of the group alone until you know every single one of them.

Old 2001-10-02, 14:41
Metalhead

A couple of stupid individuals?? I know like one goth person who isn't stupid and I really don't like about 40 of them. The ones who did cut themselves in concerts were the real ones, and though cutting yourself like that is really stupid they were the origionals and no now-a-days fake posers who try scare people and act tough because they look similar to those twacked-out people.
Old 2001-10-02, 14:44
The Devil
Alumni Staff

alright whatever......

Old 2001-10-02, 19:56
Senior Metalhead

Location: Vocation: What's the difference? I'm not telling you anything about me!
Quote:
I'll try not to drone on here, but you see "goth" origionated with black metal. Black metal was created by the band Bathory who was lead by Quorthon. That started goth. In the beggining these concerts were screwed up as all hell as I understand. The crowd would stand dead still while he band played on stage. Then razors would be thrown out into the crowd and people would stand still and cut themselves, which is quite stupid if you think about it. I've been cut with a razor and these cuts don't stop bleeding....so I am guessing everyone just passed out from blood loss at some point....

Goth is mainstream now, the fake goth anyway.

Sorry buddy, but you're wrong. Memnoch is has got the right idea. Goth actually started with The Doors (they messed with it). Goth is not metal, Ace. It is a sub-form of it, but definately not goth. If you ever relate that again, I might kill you. Once again I give you www.deathrock.com. Here are some goth bands. You might want to check out Voodoo Church, Cenema Strange, T.s.o.l., UK Decay, Kommunity FK and shit like that. Those are goth bands. They are not evil and poserish, bubba. They are gloomy and droning..like their music..wow! see how that's relative?! You are a prep..admit it. It's ok. You don't have to be different now. You hang with me.
Old 2001-10-02, 21:02
The Devil
Alumni Staff

YES! exactly what he said!!
thanks wannabe.

Old 2001-10-03, 09:02
Metalhead

I admit I have no real idea where "goth" origionated but I do know where black metal first came from and that is sweden. I guess its just them that got the largest goth following in the begginning but now goth is just a pose.
Old 2001-10-03, 21:25
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
but now goth is just a pose.

The kids at school are just trying to get attention, those aren't really goths...just to let you know. And the music is not poserish b/c it nowhere close to mainstream. It sucks quite frankly. Why do I listen to some of it? Don't know, really. It's not popular at all though. They're pretty freaky-looking people.
Old 2001-10-03, 21:26
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch
YES! exactly what he said!!
thanks wannabe.

You're Welcome!
Old 2001-10-03, 21:39
Metalhead

HA! it is popular shit like static-x rob zombie marlyn manson cradle of filth dope and shit like that those "pretent to be tough and freakish" people listen to.
Old 2001-10-03, 21:45
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I don't consider Rob Zombie, Static-x, Marilyn M, and other related bands gothic at all.......they're just mainstream garbage bands that try to get as much attention as possible. All these stupid bands sing about is killing jesus, which gets the media's attention, and all of a sudden they're on every cover of every magazine you could think of. (not literally speaking of course)

Cradle, however popular, isn't mainstream. They're popular because lots of people like them. And people like them because they are good. Cradle is very gothic, they're lyrics are brilliant and well chosen, the words seem like something from the 18th century sometimes. That is true gothic.

So.....from your standards, we should NOT listen to anything that is popular....meaning, listen only to the shittiest music you could ever find, cause no one would like it, hence it would stay underground and not popular. Right?