MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 2004-09-30, 23:36
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
The Presidential Debates

Who watched it? What did you think? What do you think the next one will be like?

My english teacher assigned us to write a brief paper one what we thought about the debate, ect. So instead of typing something up I'll just post the very rough draft.

Lucky are we to be able to become intoxicated with this intense and provocatively commoving policital debate between the two people that may end leading our nation for another four years. I watched this event with a mind set on analyzing facts with a nonbias filter that I hope will help me in determining the right and most logical conclusions. The impromtu scenerio of hasty two minute responses that must have seemed like ages between the two canidates I surmise that Senator Kerry did a more competent job in securing the faith of the people, attacking the most imporatant issues at hand, properly and precisley pointing out Bush's faults from his presidential term, and in his way of persuation. But it is without a doubt a necessity to realize the fact that these things as of now are only spoken by this man and he needs now to somehow install faith that he can live up to his promises. It is also an issue at hand to become aware that Kerry was incontrovertibly on the offense while Bush was on the defense. This is due to Bush having fabricated an attackable past that can be used to judge him on and on the future he asseverately promises us. Kerry has a queue of bad choices made by Bush to attack him on and to catch Bush off gaurd and make him appear inadequte to our country. On Kerry's thoughts that appeale to my political palate include his views on homeland security (which I imagine will be rediculed as being "to broad". But we must keep in mind that both canidates only had a brief two minutes to anwser a question which clearly isn't enough time to fully elaborate on his plain which I hope he does indeed have), his ablility to pinpoint Bush's faults in this war, and his plans for us in the future. Kerry's faults where pointed out by Bush on his uncertainty in the past which is a bit damning. His vote against the 87 billion dollar fund for the troops also stunned me since he was prosecuting Bush on not aiding the troops enough.

As for Bush, I will elaborate on this faults and effectiveness. I did like how Bush was able to point out that Kerry was in a suttle way admiting to siding with ad populum when considering attacks and was impressed by this as for I over looked it. He also stated in his closing speech that he wasn't for a draft which relieved me abit as for I am soon to be 18. But unfortunatly that is all I could find that pleases me enough to mention. Bush seemed insecure in alot of his retaliations and was unable to comment on much of the accusations brought forth into light by Kerry unless asked directly about by the questioner. He seemed to so whore the term "wrong place, wrong war, wrong time" that it became almost cliche and meaningless to me and I soon became desensitized to it. Bush too often made remarks about "inaccuracy" and "mixed emotions" that would pest the American body and benefit our enemys in this war, yet he too has sent many mixed emotions and an admitted inaccuracy in the war that he claimed to be "miscalculations". The war on terrorism was at first targeted at the Al Quida forces and Osama based in Afghanistan. But soon after failed attempts to thwart and wither their power he shited to Iraq and their weapons of mass destruction that he so diligently insisted that they had, even though the 9/11 commsion said where nonexistent. Soon after his seek for those hiding weapons failed, he then went after Sadam which leads us into the present day problems and opalescently blurred promises of the future. And towards the end he commented about his views about how one shouldn't change views or values. But if the situation calls for it, somethings must be changed. We don't need a closed minded president.

These are my insignificant views on the debates and the persuation that I have felt only so far. There is to be one more debate session sometime in the future and untill then I cannot have a fully developed opinion on this dillema. But at that debate like this one, I will keep a complete nonbias state of mind to allow me to filter out the truth from the false and to hopefully guide my logical reasoning to the right choice. With this myriad of facts, promises, and political babble that is being spun out I hope whomever is elected, for the sake of our country, is the right choice and will lead us into a peaceful equilibrium that we can be proud to call our own.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2004-09-30, 23:44
Pirate Lawd

I didn't get to see it, but I was wondering if Kerry still looked like Orange Man?
Old 2004-09-30, 23:55
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
So whats this with Orange Man?
Old 2004-10-01, 00:01
Pirate Lawd

Some of Kerry's PR dudes thought it would be good if he got a tan about a week ago so that he didn't look like a corpes next to Bush. Problem is that it's a fake tan and it turned him into Orange Man.
Old 2004-10-01, 00:07
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Riggs
I didn't get to see it either, but I think it is rediculios for Kerry to worry about supporting gay rights. That isn't something that is going to help out the country a great deal, we have "bigger fish to fry" right now, yet at the same time they should be able to do what they want. I don't think either canidate is worthy of being president, just like the last election. As far as people making their dicisions on what the guys look like, who gives a rats ass? As long as they do good for the country, they can look like a retard and I could care less. I read in your report that Bush was against the draft, I thought he used to be for it and I thought Kerry was against it. Anyways since I will be 18 in basically a year I find this pleasing. The MAIN reason is because I think it is wrong to MAKE people such as myself go fight for this country seeing as how we will not be able to have any vote in this election. Basically our elders our deciding our future. I say we get Clinton back

"Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to use you...
like me..." ~Maynard
Old 2004-10-01, 00:08
Wasted Custom User title

LOLZ OMG SUINSAEN LIEKS BUSH!!!111 WTF LOL HE MUST B GAY!1!!11 OMG WTF LOL
Old 2004-10-01, 00:11
Pirate Lawd

No Kerry is supporting the gay thing, not Bush. I like Bush... get it... Bush!!!!!! Buahahahhhahhaa
Old 2004-10-01, 00:14
Registered Sex Offender

Send a message via AIM to MyOwnSavior
"I believe you forgot Poland."
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'. - Early Cuyler
Old 2004-10-01, 00:16
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
No Kerry is supporting the gay thing, not Bush. I like Bush... get it... Bush!!!!!! Buahahahhhahhaa

I think you need glasses

like me..." ~Maynard
Old 2004-10-01, 00:18
Wasted Custom User title

Republicans are crazy religious people.
Old 2004-10-01, 00:18
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs
I think you need glasses

I have them.
Old 2004-10-01, 00:19
Senior Metalhead

Well use them this was what I said "I didn't get to see it either, but I think it is rediculios for Kerry to worry about supporting gay rights." which means I understand that Kerry is the one supporting gay rights.

like me..." ~Maynard
Old 2004-10-01, 00:21
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
I have them.

lolololololololololololololol
Old 2004-10-01, 00:23
Pirate Lawd

K.... I know what you posted... and what about Poland Myownsavior?
Old 2004-10-01, 00:33
Wasted Custom User title

One thing I noticed about the debate is that Bush really stalled when they asked him questions. He picked up after a few seconds though. I just feel as though Kerry did much better.
Old 2004-10-01, 00:37
Registered Sex Offender

Send a message via AIM to MyOwnSavior
Quote:
K.... I know what you posted... and what about Poland Myownsavior?

I was watching the Daily Show when I posted that. It was something Bush said. I think it was a stalled response like CC mentioned.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'. - Early Cuyler
Old 2004-10-01, 01:27
Supreme Metalhead

Bush kept emphasizing Polish involvement in the war on Iraq when Kerry intimated that we'd attacked with very few allies. They did not discuss gay rights, as it was mostly about foreign policy. Kerry was no longer orange.

Both candidates spent a lot of time repeating a few key phrases - Bush more than Kerry, and as more of a nonsequitor. I kept yelling at the screen whenever either of them took the opportunity to say something that had nothing to do with the question asked, or much else - the most glaring example is of course Bush's repeated statement that 'A man who says it's the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong can't be commander in chief,' though Kerry kept telling us how a 'fresh start, a new credibility' that he will presumably bring to the presidency will solve all our problems. In the end, Kerry came out more articulate but didn't show us anything to back up his claims, and Bush came off like Bush; he made faces during Kerry's turn, smiled as he talked about 'whippin' the Iraqis, and brought up quotations from Kerry at inappropriate moments and well after they had been explained satisfactorily. That is, he got by on charm. They both kept slipping into indirect ad hominem attacks that the love-fest after the 'character' question did nothing to dissipate or dilute. It was frustrating to watch sober, but would have made an excellent drinking game.

High point: Bush trying to say 'vociferously.'

Oh, and no worries Riggs: Bush said the military would be strictly voluntary, so no one will be forcing you to go fight anywhere. Little known fact, for some reason: Republicans took out the draft. It doesn't make sense, but it's the truth.
Old 2004-10-01, 02:25
Post-whore

Wow, I hope this is the first intelligent responce. In light of your notion that Kerry brought confidence, I whole heartedly agree. I'm a hardcore republican, and I was very blow away by his non condencending manner in which he presented himself. Though, on the other hand I thought Bush did an amazing job also. I was never really into politics before about a year ago, so I started watching this debate waiting for the "bushlexia" to come in. Other than a few "mexed missages" I thought that he did pretty well. Though I have to disagree with Kerrys standpoint on Sudan. He stated that we should not just be sending humanitarian aide to end the suffering of the people, but rather send military aide to help speed of the process of the African Unions intervention. I seriously doubt that this will work for two reasons. In more simple terms hes saying that we should send out more of our obviously overstreached military forces to help aide a country with absolutly no politcal stance at all. The second is that, if the African Union is waiting for western influence to act, then is there really a matter that is worth spending hardworking American's tax dollars on? Let us not forget the (20?) million dollars in humanitarian aide we are already sending over there. But then again from a more humanitarian standpoint, 1.5 million people are dying and or being killed. In light of the military issue, I strongly agreed with Kerry that we need to create another branch of the military just for these terrorist/insertion type offences, and we need to get rid of the current bunker buster nuke programs. How did you feel about what he said about North Korea darko?

OH YEAH BUSH STOP FUCKING BLINKING IN YOUR FUCKING CLOSING STATEMENT YOU CUNT

Im more looking forward to the homeland debate on the 13th
Old 2004-10-01, 02:27
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

BWAAhahaha, I noticed that too.
I didn't watch all of it but the last 10 minutes. I was drunk at the time, so I can't really remember any actual "quotes" by the guys in suits so I'm going to say I agree with Mr. Credit. A draft wouldn't matter to me because I'm a student and students don't get drafted.
Hey Darko, that was a good paper. I'd like to say I could do one that good but wow.

"But soon after failed attempts to thwart and wither their power he shited to Iraq and their weapons of mass destruction that he so diligently insisted that they had, even though the 9/11 commsion said where nonexistent."

heh, I'd fix the "shited to Iraq" before the teacher sees it, hahaha.

BTW...

rediculios = ridiculous
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Last edited by powersofterror : 2004-10-01 at 02:31.
Old 2004-10-01, 08:24
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Who watched it? What did you think? What do you think the next one will be like?

My english teacher assigned us to write a brief paper one what we thought about the debate, ect. So instead of typing something up I'll just post the very rough draft.
[/I]

A good polemic. However, you're being too even-handed. I did not watch this debate, naturally, but somehow I don't think that disqualifies me from helping. Try this:

"...When this farrago of lies and political drivel was over, I repeatedly beat my head against the kitchen table until I drew blood. Lying on the marble, with blood gently congealing against my shattered forehead, I reflected on the sorry state of this country and on the nature of truth itself.

In post-modernism, the idea of truth becomes fluid and irrelevant. This can be seen as a reflection on the conduct of public figures and the pervasive development of the media-centric world. Truth becomes nothing more than the most recent association or the most recent assemblage of words. Words start to divulge from meaning, and we are left with communicative methods that are in essence futile.

This is the malaise that lies at the bottom of modern culture, which stems from this lack of meaning. Without a basis of meaning we cannot form understanding, and without understanding we are groundless consciousness searching for a point of reference that does not exist. Politics is the best example of this. Political debate fills me with a wave of fury, as words are crafted and spun rather than spoken, as associations are created and context is delivered, and everything is so controlled.

That was what frustrated me, the futility of the entire NutraSweet spectacle. This was why I lay bleeding on the bench waiting for Spongebob to come on, so I could get those pinstriped goons out of my head and fill it with something equally meaningless but far more entertaining.

Postmodernity is enough trouble without odious bovine morons like President Bush and transparent hypocritical fucktards like Senator Kerry."

Give that to your teacher. She deserves it.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."