MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2004-08-14, 21:15
Phobialoser
New Blood

Exclamation Double bass pedal?

I am looking to get a douible bass pedal, what are the advantages and disadvantages of getting a 100 dollar pacific one or something vs. an expensive axis set. What is the best double pedal for around 100 dollars?

Old 2004-08-14, 21:21
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

axis, are the shit, I have a set of lonboards and I am very happy with them so here goes

first stay away from pacific crap, it is SHIT!!!!

secondly, adjustments, you can adjust a longboard to ANY way you want it, even change it into 2 single kicks, or a left handed double pedal, all with a few allen keys (which you get when you buy)

thirdly feel an axis pedal is smooth as fuck, a REALLY nice feel whereas a pacific one will have a crap feel

fourthly speed, if you want speed, axis all the way, if you don't really care about speed then they are still worth it, just not as much.

fithly, heel toeing is VERY easy on a longboard (compared to other pedals)

and I can'ty really tell you much about prices, NZ prices are about 2/3 times more than what you pay in the states.

Old 2004-08-15, 06:34
SixfeetUnder420
Senior Metalhead

I have the Tama Iron Cobra double pedal it might cost more than your looking for but its worth it. There is alot of ajustability and it is really smooth and balanced (unlike other pedals ive played). I havent played an axis yet but dont get a pacific.

Old 2004-08-15, 07:34
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

if you are going for speed double kicks nothing beats an axis, but if your not and you are on a tight budget, some of pearls cheaper pedals might be an idea (that is what I used before I got the money for my axis's)

Old 2004-08-15, 09:11
Dystopia
Post-whore

I use a cheap Pacific and I think it's fine. But then again, the other pedal I had came with the kit. If you just want something to practice on and you are short on money (AKA: No job/bad job) then go with the Pacific until you can afford an Axis.

Old 2004-08-16, 01:44
MeTalManiac555
Supreme Metalhead

Well I tried out a DW 9000 pedal and an Axis and both are VERY nice. The Axis is much lighter and smooth but DW is nice as well. The guy at guitar center was telling me that the thing he likes better with DW is that parts are much easier to find compaired to a Axis but both are very nice. Just go try them out man and see which you like. I wouldn't buy cheap shit, you might as well wait the extra months or whatever (year if your like me) and get a good pedal.
twilight casts spells on those who espouse their fate

ice pricks necks like knives, leaving shards of cadaverous skin
tears spout from eyes, shunned from mankind's den
(Prayer For Cleansing/ "A Dead Soal Born")

Old 2004-08-16, 20:48
BOSE
Senior Metalhead

Your double bass speed has little to do with your pedals I had them there Pacific double pedals before my axis and I could still rally the fuck out of them. If I were you though I'd put that 100 buck towards a good pedal (i.e. Axis, Yamaha Pro.) Rather than buying somthing you don't plan on keeping for very long.

I have come to the conclusion that chain/belt drive pedals suck rotten ass. So if I were you I go for one that is direct drive like the Axis, Yamaha.
Also DW pedal are overrated, way overrated.

Old 2004-08-24, 14:36
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

If you have the money for it, I suggest the Axis over anything. But don't get it unless you are a serious player. Its just a waste of money if you aren't.

Awesome.