MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password

Old 2004-08-14, 02:30
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Innards-Decay
Well yeah, also the mesa power amps are also very saggy sounding. i dont like em. VHT AND ENGL IS THE WAY OF THE DEATH! anyway, the triaxis is nice for what it does, and that is provide versitility. but the 530 whatever and 2/90/2 setup is god. to me, anyway.
Old 2004-08-14, 12:19
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innards-Decay
Well yeah, also the mesa power amps are also very saggy sounding. i dont like em. VHT AND ENGL IS THE WAY OF THE DEATH! anyway, the triaxis is nice for what it does, and that is provide versitility. but the 530 whatever and 2/90/2 setup is god. to me, anyway.

imo mesa poweramps are some of the best.... second only to vht..... and considering the poweramp i was using was an 800w s.s. peavey..... though i also had a 462 sonic maximizer and my msp 1000(eq/comp/notch)......
not even deizel, vht or engl can touch the bogner uberschall in the brutal distortion category.... but thats mostly what it does, the cleans are pretty good but the distortion is the heaviest.....
Old 2004-08-14, 12:20
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
mmmm Bogner, when i saw vile they were using Uberschall's and they had the best tone of all night. Its was fucking brutal, but cut through. mmmmmm *bust a nut*

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-08-14, 12:28
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
mmmm Bogner, when i saw vile they were using Uberschall's and they had the best tone of all night. Its was fucking brutal, but cut through. mmmmmm *bust a nut*

when i saw vile with c.c. a few months ago i remember only one of them was using a bogner, and it wasnt an uberschall.... it was a shiva or an extacy... still great and capable of brutal tones, but with more flexibility........
Old 2004-08-14, 13:13
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
imo mesa poweramps are some of the best.... second only to vht..... and considering the poweramp i was using was an 800w s.s. peavey..... though i also had a 462 sonic maximizer and my msp 1000(eq/comp/notch)......
not even deizel, vht or engl can touch the bogner uberschall in the brutal distortion category.... but thats mostly what it does, the cleans are pretty good but the distortion is the heaviest.....

I haven't played the Uberschall, but I did play the Shiva, I must say its a great amp, but the shiva doesn't touch the engl savage in the distortion area.

dont know about the uberschall though, I've only seen it once, and that was when a gay rock band played a show in my pub, but it didn't sound all that happening (must have been the gay settings of the gay guitarist with his gay guitar and gay guitarstrap.)
Old 2004-08-14, 13:29
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Why do all these pussy bands use high gain amps, i can name atleast 5 bands that use Dual Recto's.

Lets see

Ashlee Simpsions guitarist
Yellowcard

ok well... when i want to name them i cant. But i swaer every video i see on mtv had a fucking Dual Recto is the back.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-08-14, 13:39
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

its all the rage...
Old 2004-08-14, 13:56
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Why do all these pussy bands use high gain amps, i can name atleast 5 bands that use Dual Recto's.

Lets see

Ashlee Simpsions guitarist
Yellowcard

ok well... when i want to name them i cant. But i swaer every video i see on mtv had a fucking Dual Recto is the back.

well... rectos do more than just high gain.... they just got more attention for their high gain from the nu metal wave.....
Old 2004-08-14, 14:10
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

and every other wave, I guess its the most popular amp if you're a poser these days.

anyways, they're great amps, I know, but you have to admit they're getting a bit of a side-image somehow.
Old 2004-08-14, 14:55
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
and every other wave, I guess its the most popular amp if you're a poser these days.

anyways, they're great amps, I know, but you have to admit they're getting a bit of a side-image somehow.

totally, the trendist amps ever, next to marshall.... not to say they arent great though cuz they are... but there are better, i know it's hard for trend metal kids to except.....
Old 2004-08-14, 15:06
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

true, but then again they haven't heard of much else then mesa and marshall most of the time..

I know a guy who bought a recto as his first fucking amp. now whats the fun in that? I'm happy I had something crap to start out on and build my way up, its cool to see your shit improving by the years, but I also think I kinda developed a different feeling for tone then I had when I was a kid.
Old 2004-08-14, 15:18
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Mesa's are like the "Popular unpopular amps" if that makes any sense...

Most kids know Marshall, crate, randall.. ya know the shit they see if musicians friend.

Then they hear about Mesa's and they are like "Wow i cna buy this amp and be cool cause noone knows about it"

But seriously all these people are playing clean... why the hell use a Dual Recto for clean... theirs MUCH better choices.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-08-14, 15:24
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

much cheaper too.

Mesa's are well, well wellll known around here, and they're all the rage with the nu-metal kids. I don't understand where the hell they get their money, we've played a show with two other bands a while back, they had us headlining, so we thought wtf? we didn't even send in a proper demo. well, when we got there it made sense, the opener was a shitty hardcore band and the second band was a bunch of kids sponored by mom and dad, they had an extra van for their gear, rackmount rectifiers, ampeg svt's... and they suuuucked!

its no use if you can't even play random powerchords properly, haha. but that was kinda embarassing for those kids I guess, but we did get to borrow their ampeg svt so it was fine with me (and ofcourse we owned that evening, but I guess thats partially due to the huge ego boost you get if you see the band playing before you fuck up.)
Old 2004-08-14, 17:11
Post-whore

yeah, well, i like simul class 2:90, but other than that i dont like em, but im an el34 guy so that could be why.
Old 2004-08-14, 18:35
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yeah, and they don't use el34's so that doesn't make any fucking sense...

KT88's are the way to go for those amps, 6l6's don't cut it.
Old 2004-08-14, 19:07
Post-whore

i know the simul has 6l6s in it, but it sounds alot better than the 50/50 and 20/20, imo... havent tried the recto power amp if there is one.
Old 2004-08-14, 19:45
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

have you actually tried the 20/20 and 50/50? EL84's sound neato compared to 6l6's if you ask me...

and 6l6's don't sound like el34's either... el34's are much warmer, KT88's are the holy grail of tone. shame they cost like 300 bucks for four... and if you get really quality NOS Kt88's, way more...
Old 2004-08-14, 22:49
Post-whore

50/50 has el34s which sounds ok. but the 20/20 is just good volume, not good tone imo.
Old 2004-08-14, 22:55
Post-whore

mesa's are no good whatsoever unless you are blasting it for gig situations. You can't even practise on them the distortion is so shitty at low levels.
Old 2004-08-14, 23:08
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Thats the case with most amps. So unless you know what your talking about the i suggest you dont say much. I dont want XDX to embarras you.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.