User Name
Password

Old 2004-07-29, 23:58
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
wow, mithotyn! that kid's hardcore

exactly what i was getting at!! but yeah, that is actually pretty impressive. about 2% of the people i meet online have ever heard mithotyn.
Old 2004-07-30, 00:39
Post-whore

I was a hardcore P.O.D and Linkin Park fan \m/

I still don't mind mushroomhead
Old 2004-07-30, 01:29
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
I liked Linkin Park and Limp DickZit and (DON'T STAB ME!) Papa Roach, but nu metal was not my door to other metal. In fact, it was my door to post hardcore, which was my door to hardcore, and then I fell for a metalhead who got me into metal.
Linkin Park are still bearable (ie I don't scream "turn it off turn it off" every time I hear them). I'd listen to Murderdolls any day, they're so funny and cheesy. Evanescence with their crappy goth nu metal can eat shit. I have no problem with nu metal in general, I have a problem with shitty nu metal.
Old 2004-07-30, 08:44
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Bones98
I still listen to some nu metal, but I have been into METAL since I was 7, but there's few nu metal thats actually decent, some old Static X is good and some of System OF A Down from their first album, SOAD have funny ass songs, and thats why I basically listen to them. But I rarely listen to them now, once in a while I would if I get bored of my brutal death and grind cds.
Old 2004-07-30, 08:49
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
I listen to what I like. Some nu-metal songs are OK (usually the more quirkier efforts), but most are just pathetic and derivative drivel. I was but a wee nipper when Grunge first hit the scene so I was a fan of all that stuff. Then it was mostly thrash and metalcore for me before death metal won me over.

Andrew1331: Thanks, man! It's always nice to get a compliment!

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2004-07-30, 18:35
Post-whore

started with 80's power/heavy (Iron Maiden, Manowar, Judas Priest...), onto thrash and then death.

never into the nu-metal thing, sorry.
Old 2004-07-30, 19:45
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Proud to say I never did. I started with Rage Against the Machine and then a friend showed me Decapitated.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2004-07-30, 20:28
Pirate Lawd

Nu-metal will get it right one day if it can stay around long enough, ( never Lickin Pump though ), but for now most of it is just nu-pop. There are some moments in nu-metal music that have real protential, but they lose it as fast as they get to it and you have to listen for it a long time before you hear it.
Old 2004-07-30, 20:43
Post-whore

Send a message via Yahoo to metal=life
I started off with G-Unit my main G 50 CENT...then went to Cephalic Carnage.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

"One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life."
Pantera - I'm Broken
Old 2004-07-30, 20:44
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
I'd call some nu metal like Linkin Park pop metal, because it is. It's light, often not very brutal or offencive. It's just an attempt to make metal mainstream, but as a by product it created a type of sound. If someone could retain that sound and improve upon it instead of just dragging on the terrible image that Korn created ("my daddy touched my bumhole, pity me pity me pity me I can't make good music pity me!"), then yeah, one day, it might become very good. Actually, right now I'm listening to a very so so nu metal song I've got off a compo CD - Ill Nino, How Can I Live. It's watered down nu metal Sepultura, but it's still listenable to an extent.
Old 2004-07-30, 20:47
Life is pain.
Banned

i started off with issues from korn, then limp bizkit, linkin park, soad, static x, sepultura,
then a giant leap straight to marduk, the berzerker, hate eternal, krisiun anal cunt and finally theheaviest band in the worl, sadistik exekution.

Did any of you guys know the EARACHE signed ADEMA?
Old 2004-07-30, 21:13
Pirate Lawd

Yes That was so like for sure OMG last weeK news!
Old 2004-07-30, 21:14
Post-whore

Send a message via Yahoo to metal=life
Yes and I dont care.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

"One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life."
Pantera - I'm Broken
Old 2004-07-30, 21:55
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
I started off with G-Unit my main G 50 CENT...then went to Cephalic Carnage.

Natural progression.
Old 2004-07-30, 22:20
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
dont be such a bitch dude, and by the way i do tab songs out, but im not exactly great on guitar so my stuff is all kinda wrong, so i dont submit it cuz theres dudes like johnmansley givin us kickass tabs, so we dont need my shit. i only do it cuz i figure it will help my playing. so yea bitch, i am a tabber

Actually, that was not meant to be rude or a slam on you. That was in response to somebody having refered to you as a tabber, which is something I consider you not to be.

Next time you should consider actually looking at things the way they are instead of lashing out like an immature 13 year old. Oh, wait...

Before you start to talk about how mature you are, which you will invariably do, let me kindly remind you that you are not.

1. You came here and started a thread introducing yourself. While that is not a big transgression in and of itself, most people don't feel the need to draw attention to themselves unless they are either A. egomaniacs or B. immature 13 year olds.

2. Since you've been here you've actually gone out of your way to attack people that were saying nothing to you, in posts that had nothing to do with you. The stupid e-gang thread is a good example.

3. You, a non-tabber, were insulted when somebody (myself) pointed out to somebody else (not even you) that you were, in fact, a non-tabber. Considering that this statement was only in response to somebody who had referred to you as a tabber, there is quite obviously no insult intended. You proved your immaturity by taking your wounded pride and calling said person (myself) a "bitch" several times, all the while using non-words like, and I quote, "cuz", and "yea", all the while steadfastly refusing to use punctuation anywhere near an acceptable level.

If you wish to respond to me personally, do it in a PM, because there's no more reason for you to poison threads as you have been doing since you got here. If you expect anybody here to take you seriously, grow up. Gross immaturity is not something I (or most other people here) take kindly to.

Last edited by ChrisRezendes : 2004-07-30 at 22:23.
Old 2004-07-30, 22:36
Pirate Lawd

Oww shit! Whipishhhhh!
Old 2004-07-30, 23:33
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
Actually, that was not meant to be rude or a slam on you. That was in response to somebody having refered to you as a tabber, which is something I consider you not to be.

Next time you should consider actually looking at things the way they are instead of lashing out like an immature 13 year old. Oh, wait...

Before you start to talk about how mature you are, which you will invariably do, let me kindly remind you that you are not.

1. You came here and started a thread introducing yourself. While that is not a big transgression in and of itself, most people don't feel the need to draw attention to themselves unless they are either A. egomaniacs or B. immature 13 year olds.

2. Since you've been here you've actually gone out of your way to attack people that were saying nothing to you, in posts that had nothing to do with you. The stupid e-gang thread is a good example.

3. You, a non-tabber, were insulted when somebody (myself) pointed out to somebody else (not even you) that you were, in fact, a non-tabber. Considering that this statement was only in response to somebody who had referred to you as a tabber, there is quite obviously no insult intended. You proved your immaturity by taking your wounded pride and calling said person (myself) a "bitch" several times, all the while using non-words like, and I quote, "cuz", and "yea", all the while steadfastly refusing to use punctuation anywhere near an acceptable level.

If you wish to respond to me personally, do it in a PM, because there's no more reason for you to poison threads as you have been doing since you got here. If you expect anybody here to take you seriously, grow up. Gross immaturity is not something I (or most other people here) take kindly to.

ahh...yes, what he said
Old 2004-08-01, 12:58
Senior Metalhead

Listened to it, still listen to it, don't really give a fuck what people think of that, hate the term "nu-metal" with a passion, but hate the fact retards can't accept it's a form of metal more.
Old 2004-08-01, 13:38
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH
Listened to it, still listen to it, don't really give a fuck what people think of that, hate the term "nu-metal" with a passion, but hate the fact retards can't accept it's a form of metal more.

Nu-metal is just as metal now as hair metal was in the 80's. If Winger and Skid Row were as hardcore as Slayer and Megadeth, than sure, I guess Coal Chamber and Mudvayne are as hardcore as Nile and Misery Index. Fuck that shit.
Old 2004-08-01, 21:02
Post-whore

still metal though.

I agree with you pyscho.
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...