Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2004-07-29, 08:27
Pokémon Master

am i a tabber
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?
Old 2004-07-29, 09:30
Senior Metalhead

I was 10 years old when my cousin showed me his Napalm Desath - Scum album. I loved it! It was so energetic and fast. I then got into Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, etc... That turned into Decide and Cannibal Corpse and then I got into better stuff around the age of 14 or so.
Old 2004-07-29, 09:42
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
hey, i never said it happened to everyone. there are some who were raised on metal and live and breath metal. the rest of us had to find our own way to the promised land

I guess you're right. I don't pride myself at all on not going through the phase, it is just something that never appealed to me. My mother has listened to metal ever since I can remember. So, to a certain extent, I was raised on it. I was listening to Metallica, Slayer and all that crap at an early age.
Old 2004-07-29, 09:50
HES BAAACK

i did. i bought two cds, rob zombie and limp bizkit. then my older brother got me into metallica....so what. a few months of rap metal its well worth learning to like the good stuff
Old 2004-07-29, 10:15
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

I never knew what nu-metal was but i was into Slipknot, Linkin Park and Korn, then came the real metal bands like Slayer, Pantera, Cannibal Corpse, COB etc....
Old 2004-07-29, 10:29
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
rob zombie is good
Old 2004-07-29, 12:25
Metalhead
Banned

Send a message via MSN to josh_smith09
i started with metallica and the only nu metal i ever liked was static-x and spineshank.
Old 2004-07-29, 13:06
Senior Metalhead

The closest I got to nu-metal was Rage Against The Machine, and I still have respect for what they were. I started liking metal more with bands like Metallica, Black Sabbath, then Iron Maiden, (Kiss), and Judas Priest, then Death, Carcass, etc.
Old 2004-07-29, 13:34
Senior Metalhead

I don't really remember what age I got into music, around 4th grade. It started with Led Zep, Van Halen, and a boat load of butt rock. Then in 6th grade I heard Angel of Death, so then I got a Slayer cd, I never really liked Metallica, just hate James's voice. Then in 9th grade I got shown Morbid Angel and it was over now it's nothing but death metal. Closest I got to NU-metal was probably Marilyn Manson, and a brief stint of Mudvayne, but I mean their bassist is sick.
Old 2004-07-29, 13:35
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Send a message via AIM to bloodredthrone
It was korn, then slipknot, then slayer (still slayer), to blood red throne and children of bodom, and everything i listen to know...it's an evolution process, of trying to find the hardest bands...now I've hit that border where metal becomes not musical anymore and I think I'm going to stay here forever.
Old 2004-07-29, 14:56
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
Nope, never went through that phase. Sorry.

Me too, First music i got into was Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, and Pantera.

Then i heard what MTV was calling "METAL" and i got really pissed

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-07-29, 15:01
Post-whore

When i was real young i just listened to what my parents listened to:
hendrix , joplin, beatles, doors, etc.
Then when i was about 8-10, i started listening to shit my brother listened to like, motley crue, metallica, mega deth, and tunes like that.
around 13-15 i continued with mega deth, metallica etc. and got into nirvana and slayer. 16 - pantera, morbid angel, heavier stuff. (anti-everything else). 17-18 doors, zepplin, beatles, hendrix etc. nu-metal, and opening to mostly everything. 19-21- Almost everything.
That's my musical timeline.
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...
Old 2004-07-29, 15:39
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

^kinda the same story, my parents listened to a lot of rock, deep purple, hendrix, doors, led zep, but also softer shit like creedence clear water revival and such.

as a kid, I was about 13 when I started to get into music, like rock oriented, but I kinda started off with rage against the machine, pearl jam and that kinda stuff, then I started getting into hardcore like Born From Pain, Backfire, Congress and the likes, also started listening metalcore and some At The Gates kinda stuff (pretty related to each other anyways..) then I got more into death (Death/Obituary/Suffocation) andolder trash like Anthrax and shit, the last two years have been more death/trash/metalcore for me allround...

but actually I listen to allmost everything, from BB King to Jamiroquai, it just depends on my mood, I listen to metal about 75% of the time, when I'm at home with friends I either put on some loud shit, some rock or even some shilly blues or trippy drum 'n bass, it really depends on my mood.

I don't think I've ever liked any nu-metal band except for Deftones, but some of their stuff could be classed as progressive too.
Old 2004-07-29, 16:18
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutally_Hacked
hehe, my little brother is 6 years old and he listens to... mithotyn, dark tranquillity

if i had another, id give that statement three thumbs up.

As for me, the first tape i ever bought was black sabbath's paranoid/heaven and hell split. The first cd i bought was And justice for all. But its true. Even after that i bought a few nu metal things. Like static-x, tool, deftones. I dont hate the bands i used to like, but i just dont listen to most of them. I dont hate tool or deftones now, i just dont like them much. I still listen to fear factory like i used to, and a few others i liked years ago.
Old 2004-07-29, 16:20
Registered Sex Offender

Send a message via AIM to MyOwnSavior
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
He isn't a tabber. Death8699 is a tabber. Inverted is a tabber.

Whatever, this is metaltabs, to me everone is a tabber. Anyways, I started listening to Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Slayer, Megadeth, and Deicide when I was 8 years old. Before that it was (and still is) Led Zepplin, Rush, Pink Floyd, and The Doors.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler
Old 2004-07-29, 16:20
HES BAAACK

wow, mithotyn! that kid's hardcore
Old 2004-07-29, 19:57
Supreme Metalhead

I used to be an avid wrestling fan. I started on Metallica thanks to ECW. Also got me into Pantera. From then on, I just got deeper into metal, especially thrash.Sorry, never got the point of nu-metal.
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind
Old 2004-07-29, 20:09
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
alright everyone, i dont listen to nu metal (except Slipknot... i know you all hate them, but i like them). However, my first exposure to anything near metal was Korn, quickly followed by any other nu metal u could think of. soon, i got into the heavier side of nu metal (slipknot, older staind) then from there, i discovered real metal. i have since grown to dislike nu metal, but i have to admit that it brought me into metal! the softer, catchy shit got me hooked, and i evolved into heavier shit. and i can guarantee at least half of you are the same way. nu metal sucks and all, but it brings people into the realm of good music. so i respect it.

I didn't read that, but I'll be honest: Shit bands like Korn and Slipknot are what really got me into what I listen to. My friend got a Death/Black metal CD from someone his mom works with's son. And then I evolved from that, to what I listen to now.

I also admit to enjoying the s/ted Slipknot, as well as their newest release, but because of their image, I won't wear their shirts, or be associated with them in any way. i've said my piece.

Awesome.
Old 2004-07-29, 20:14
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutally_Hacked
hehe, my little brother is 6 years old and he listens to... mithotyn, dark tranquillity

When I first met Eric (RussianRoulette here on Metaltabs) back in 01-02, he and I started talking at the mall and what not. One night, his little brother was with him, in a Dimmu Borgir shirt. I said, and I quote: "What, do you dress your little brother?" Great moment. hehe.

Ok now, I am done with this thread

Awesome.
Old 2004-07-29, 23:44
The Stings of Conscience

Send a message via AIM to Rapture
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
He isn't a tabber. Death8699 is a tabber. Inverted is a tabber.

dont be such a bitch dude, and by the way i do tab songs out, but im not exactly great on guitar so my stuff is all kinda wrong, so i dont submit it cuz theres dudes like johnmansley givin us kickass tabs, so we dont need my shit. i only do it cuz i figure it will help my playing. so yea bitch, i am a tabber