MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2004-08-13, 05:54
Dystopia
Post-whore

PS) Why is this thread so long? Damn n00bs.

Old 2004-08-13, 05:59
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

I used to listen to a lot of mushroomhead. I loved the song "the wrist." I am getting the new album right now.

And anybody ever heard british rap? It is the wierdest, most embarassingly awesome rap I have ever heard. Check out the band "the streets."

Old 2004-08-13, 06:35
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

why are you guys talking about rap...

this is the thread to poke fun at nu-metal, make a new threads to poke fun at rap

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-08-13, 06:44
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

well...I would start a new one, but then everybody would probably turn on me, and it would get closed

Old 2004-08-13, 06:53
Dystopia
Post-whore

nu-metal is rap!

Old 2004-08-13, 14:52
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
"the streets."

Oh, he's an imbecile. To be fair though, he gets a band to actually play the songs live unlike most rappers.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2004-08-13, 14:55
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

i heard their 'hit'. it gets constant airtime on the radio here, got sick and tired of it after the second time

Old 2004-08-14, 02:36
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

It's not that I like or love the song. I just find it humorous. He just has to talk, and his accent sort of gives it some half-assed flow.

Old 2004-08-14, 02:52
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

hmmm back to Tool. i wouldnt call them metal, but who fuckin cares. they are one of the greatest and most influential bands of the last 15 years in my opinion, and i will rush to buy their new record when it comes out in the distant future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtv_is_gay
PS) Why is this thread so long? Damn n00bs

stfu, you're still posting in it too shithead

Old 2004-08-14, 03:15
Dystopia
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
hmmm back to Tool. i wouldnt call them metal, but who fuckin cares. they are one of the greatest and most influential bands of the last 15 years in my opinion, and i will rush to buy their new record when it comes out in the distant future.

stfu, you're still posting in it too shithead

u stfu mr. 109 posts!

Old 2004-08-14, 03:19
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
u stfu mr. 109 posts!

what the fuck, what kind of stupid shit is that. not only is it a stupid insult in the first place, but you only have 190

Old 2004-08-14, 03:45
Dystopia
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
what the fuck, what kind of stupid shit is that. not only is it a stupid insult in the first place, but you only have 190

you know what you DON'T have? A senser of humor and 76 posts till you have 190 which is the same as 109 but more and the nine and zero are switched around. I win.

Old 2004-08-14, 03:47
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

now that you mention it, i do sense the humor. w/e, shit happens

Old 2004-08-14, 04:09
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disincarnate
nope......never listened to nu metal..went from rock straight to thrash

Yep, my timeline goes:

5 yrs. old- AC/DC
13 yrs. old- Pantera
16 yrs old- (see vast list on 'Favorite Thrash Bands' thread)
needless to say I listened to much AC/DC back in the day

Old 2004-08-15, 23:23
Trendkill_420
Post-whore

Quote:
you know what you DON'T have? A senser of humor and 76 posts till you have 190 which is the same as 109 but more and the nine and zero are switched around. I win.

anyone, and i mean anyone who even gives a FUCK about their post # is a stupid cunt. I could have 1000 post of complete and udder stupidity, and someone else could have 3 of actual valid content, And they earn more respect. So please, leave the idiocy of comparing post #'s
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Old 2004-08-15, 23:50
Knight
Senior Metalhead
Banned

I admit it.

Old 2004-08-16, 09:09
Stuff is Great
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
And anybody ever heard british rap? It is the wierdest, most embarassingly awesome rap I have ever heard. Check out the band "the streets."

If you ever feel so inclined, dowload a track of his called 'Too Much Brandy'. It's just as gormless as the rest of his stuff, but it has the weirdest rhymes & seriously fucking good timing. Brit hip hop is great.

Old 2004-08-16, 11:06
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Wrath
mtv is gay said:

Code:
Well, hold on now. I hear people say that nu-metal is metal but the only things I know they have in common are distortion and the name. I would like to know what elements nu-metal has in common with metal.

I agree with you 100 % and I think that most of Nu metal bands are more into Rap and some Alternative/Psycadhelic Tunes.

Hahahaha, what the fuck is that.

Old 2004-08-16, 11:46
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

ARG UGLY HORIZONTAL SCROLL BARS, KILL!
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2005-08-20, 10:33
ashtar
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc
i hardly ever liked nu metal.
i only ever truely enjoyed 2 nu metal cds (those were 2 years ago as well). that was "dark days" by coal chamber, and "toxicity" by system of a down.

System of a Down shouldn't be lumped in with nu-metal. They're just a melodic hard rock/metal band that's EXTREMELY catchy, unique and intelligent as far as song-writers go. Their first album probably was nu-metal, but Toxicity and Mezmerize aren't like that much at all.

There should be no shame in liking SOAD. Beautiful music. I mean listening to Nile, Behemoth, Dimmu and the like is fun and all but if you want more soothing melodic shit thats also heavy, SOAD is a great band to listen to.

Old 2005-08-20, 11:23
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
Yep, my timeline goes:

5 yrs. old- AC/DC
13 yrs. old- Pantera
16 yrs old- (see vast list on 'Favorite Thrash Bands' thread)
needless to say I listened to much AC/DC back in the day

I can still play all the old AC/DC shit. Night Prowler sounds the mutts nuts de-tuned to B!!!!!!!

I think the Nu Metal thing was a good kick up the ass for music. Mid 90's were a bit stale and suddenly bands were playing heavy syncopated detuned riffs again. I think this woke up a lot of people and bands who had gotten lazy! I liked the first Korn album for it's sound and experimental guitar sounds but not the 'my dad is fucking me' lyrics but that's about all. Like the first couple of SOAD albums but I don't really class them as nu metal as such. But as with all genres Roadrunner records then sign 400 hundred diluted lame bands all doing the same stuff and floods the market! Now it's a forgotten trend but it did it's job as proper metal bands are making a come back, the death metal scene is interesting again! It's just a shame that Roadrunner have signed 400 diluted lame bands that sound like In Flames!!!! And just look at all of you who posted that got into proper metal by first buying Likin Park for example, so it couldn't have been a too bad a thing eh?

On another note I think there are too many genres and it's getting silly, if it's good, heavy, inspires you to play and you like it who cares what hole it fits into!

Old 2005-08-20, 11:26
humancorpse
Post-whore

One more old thread got digged up. Search is a good thing, but some people need to lay of it

Old 2005-08-20, 12:59
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtar
System of a Down shouldn't be lumped in with nu-metal. They're just a melodic hard rock/metal band that's EXTREMELY catchy, unique and intelligent as far as song-writers go. Their first album probably was nu-metal, but Toxicity and Mezmerize aren't like that much at all.

There should be no shame in liking SOAD. Beautiful music. I mean listening to Nile, Behemoth, Dimmu and the like is fun and all but if you want more soothing melodic shit thats also heavy, SOAD is a great band to listen to.

Good one fuckpile.Now beat it...

Old 2005-08-20, 14:42
Transient
HES BAAACK

yes i listened to limp bizkit and loved it. i still listen sometimes, when its late at night and im feeling kind of gay

Old 2005-08-20, 15:12
IRON90
Supreme Metalhead

Yeah i started of listening to slipknot(still do sometimes) then i discorved Slayer and Metallicas old stuff. I thought it sounded awesome and that's what got me into the ''heavier'' side of metal.

Old 2005-08-20, 17:28
i_hate_nu_metal
Supreme Metalhead

I listened to some Linking Park, POD, Drowning Pool, shit like that.
Never liked Korn, couldnt' stand the guy's voice, it just annoyed the fuck outta me. I listened to a little bit of Limp Dickzkt, and one song from Slipknot, (Wait and Bleed).
I pretty much listened to what was available to me, as long as it was rock. Always liked Guns 'N Roses better than all that other shit, though.
As for SOAD, I can't stand their new album, it's just your typical fucking nu metal bullshit. I liked Toxicity because it had so many different songs, and it was pretty original and interesting. Steal This Album was OK, more from a funny standpoint than a musical one. But can't stand Mezmerize. That intro riff to BYOB is a rip off of Megadeth's Back In The Days.

Old 2005-08-20, 17:39
fatdanny
Post-whore

I never liked korn or limp bizkit, but I was well into slipknot, RATM, SOAD and deftones etc when I was about 14.
I've been into old metallica and slayer from about the age of 15, I heard nile at 18 (2 years ago) and that got me into DM. I dont listen to nu metal anymore, it doesn't entertain me much these days.

Old 2005-08-20, 17:49
The Execrator
Noob lud

Immolation rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-08-20, 17:53
kin
Senior Metalhead

My first exposure to metal was to Sepultura - Beneath The Remains and Slayer - South Of Heaven. That was when I was 13. I am now 16.

Old 2005-08-20, 17:59
fatdanny
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kin
My first exposure to metal was to Sepultura - Beneath The Remains and Slayer - South Of Heaven.

Nice!

Old 2005-08-20, 18:05
dark usurper
Senior Metalhead

Metallica brought me into metal, but I also listened to system of a down, a bit korn and a bit slipknot at the same time. Fortunately those days are over.

Old 2005-08-20, 18:31
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Immolation rules.

wtf?

Old 2005-08-20, 18:59
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
yes i listened to limp bizkit and loved it. i still listen sometimes, when its late at night and im feeling kind of gay

you must listen to them a lot then. LOLOLOLOLLOLOL

Old 2005-08-20, 19:20
low-tech
Post-whore

the metallica "one" video back in 89 introduced me to real metal, as opposed to def leperd, poison, warrant and all that other horrible hair metal that was popular when i was young

the hair metal is comparable to the nu- in the way that its obviously watered down, simplified, consumer friendly music that only really exists by virtue of music video. and like the hair metal, when the shit hits the fan and that stuff is not widedly supported by mtv and does not sell, nu-metal will fade into history, maybe the occasionaly vh1 behind the scenes, self-congratulatory pat on the back show geared to people who had thier heads up thier ass and actually liked the bands to begin with. meanwhile that and justice for all album will age like wine, like the beatles catalogue. but for my time i did like guns and roses, i did own a jean jacket with embroidered patches and i used to have a mullet so i can sorta relate

i used to take my karate patches and put them on the jean jacket too

Old 2005-08-20, 19:44
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Motley Crue, W.A.S.P., Ratt, Europe, Poison, Dokken, Great White, Skid Row... oh man, hair metal was awesome.

fuck, mainstream music was awesome in the 80's.

Old 2005-08-20, 19:57
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Immolation rules.

Damn right.Best post in this stupid fucking thread.

Old 2005-08-20, 20:36
Soeru
Post-whore

I listened to Limp Bizkit back around in 99' and 2000 when they were popular as fuck. I had listened to Megadeth, Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, Dio and Metallica before that so that was my only "true" metal exposure. After LB, I listened to Slipknot's self-titled and thought it was the heaviest shit in the world, then one day I discovered this band called Manowar... Then I stated to listen to In Flames and a friend told me about Decapitated. That's when I really started to get into death metal. Quickly after getting into DM I dug out a tape from my bro's closet called "Beneath the Remains" and another called "How the Gods Kill". Jesus christ, those were the days...

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Last edited by Soeru : 2005-08-20 at 20:39.

Old 2005-08-20, 20:54
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCS
you must listen to them a lot then. LOLOLOLOLLOLOL

lol obvious but that made me chuckle

not gonna beat my dirstache one though

Old 2005-08-20, 20:57
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

i cant help that i'm lazy

Old 2005-08-21, 00:11
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Actually, that was not meant to be rude or a slam on you. That was in response to somebody having refered to you as a tabber, which is something I consider you not to be.

Next time you should consider actually looking at things the way they are instead of lashing out like an immature 13 year old. Oh, wait...

Before you start to talk about how mature you are, which you will invariably do, let me kindly remind you that you are not.

1. You came here and started a thread introducing yourself. While that is not a big transgression in and of itself, most people don't feel the need to draw attention to themselves unless they are either A. egomaniacs or B. immature 13 year olds.

2. Since you've been here you've actually gone out of your way to attack people that were saying nothing to you, in posts that had nothing to do with you. The stupid e-gang thread is a good example.

3. You, a non-tabber, were insulted when somebody (myself) pointed out to somebody else (not even you) that you were, in fact, a non-tabber. Considering that this statement was only in response to somebody who had referred to you as a tabber, there is quite obviously no insult intended. You proved your immaturity by taking your wounded pride and calling said person (myself) a "bitch" several times, all the while using non-words like, and I quote, "cuz", and "yea", all the while steadfastly refusing to use punctuation anywhere near an acceptable level.

If you wish to respond to me personally, do it in a PM, because there's no more reason for you to poison threads as you have been doing since you got here. If you expect anybody here to take you seriously, grow up. Gross immaturity is not something I (or most other people here) take kindly to.

hahahahaha sorry to bring this up considering its ages old,but this is badass.

Old 2005-08-21, 00:32
Vardanstalt
Senior Metalhead

Yea, I probably did like in the 6th grade i listened to crap like System of a down, slipknot, limp biskit, and gay punk stuff.

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

teh myspace

Old 2005-08-21, 03:13
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtar

In future, please don't recycle old threads more than a year old. People can be very rude in these circumstances.

Goddamn I'm mellow. I'm so full of codeine it's an effort to count my hands. Now, what would I usually say?

Cunt.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."