MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Tours & Concerts
User Name
Password

Old 2004-11-28, 08:15
Post-whore
Banned

yeh mate i mean one time, we were part of the "police in schools" program which im sure you're familiar with, and he said traditionally cops "dont care about small-time stoners, its your body and if you want to fuck it up, so be it" not in those words of course so why should alcohol be any different?

not to mention it would help the melbourne metal scene to no end, which is bad enough anyway withOUT the ban on underage music.

EDIT: yeah, ive heard that from both nick and the guy with long black hair, but the latter suggested they sometimes carry albums with them. ah, who knows.
Old 2004-11-28, 10:27
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

A problem getting them through customs? Mate, they went to fucking court, remember? It is more than a problem, heh. But not all their material is banned - only Avagoyamugs. Last time I spoke to Ricey (or A.B.. can't remember) they were working on a split with Vaginal Carnage. That is not to be now, obviously. Their new shit sounds mighty impressive.

They're sorta boring now live, to me. Been sneaking into their gigs since I was 15.
Old 2004-11-28, 10:51
Post-whore
Banned

how can you say that? they were the fucking loudest band at episode 4 by far!
Old 2004-11-28, 12:28
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

'Cos.. I've seen them over 20 times. Nearly every show they have done in Tasmania. And Psycroptic, I've seen EVERY show they've done in Tasmania. So they are quite boring live also.

I was at that Episode 4 thingy too.
Old 2004-11-28, 19:47
Post-whore
Banned

heh, fair enough man.

there would be bands that never get tiring live, like blood duster (nudity, guitar smashing and fireworks), sadX (we all know what that band was into) and most black metal bands.
Old 2004-11-29, 00:20
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

I've seen Blood Duster.. 4 or 5 times. I must admit, their stage show is damn good. But there is something about the music that I don't like live. I love them on CD - not nearly as good live.
Old 2004-11-29, 00:40
Post-whore
Banned

yeah, something i cant quite put my finger on.

its possibly because they dont play enough of their old, grindy stuff and too much of their newer, rock stuff. i will, however, admit that "drink fight fuck" really gets me going.
Old 2004-11-29, 00:44
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Cloaca Send a message via MSN to Cloaca Send a message via Yahoo to Cloaca
Yeah Nihilist, I knew all about that shit, but quite frankly, I couldn't be fucked explaining it. I asked the guy from MM if they had avagoyamugs a while back, and that's basically what he said. I should have asked about the other releases. Damn.

I've read that stuff on their website. I kinda remember seeing it in the newspaper back when it all happened, but at the time I hadn't really heard of them.

Last edited by Cloaca : 2004-11-29 at 00:47.
Old 2004-11-29, 00:46
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

More than likely.

Every Blood Duster show I've been to has had some sort of violent "pit" while their newer-type songs are playing, quite amusing. I just stand back and watch because I'd get crushed in there. Most of the little kiddies at their shows wouldn't know what grindcore was if it fingered their prolapsed colon - probably hence the reason they'd like to keep the majority happy.
Old 2004-11-29, 00:51
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Cloaca Send a message via MSN to Cloaca Send a message via Yahoo to Cloaca
I saw them at the Big Day Out 2000. One of the only reasons I went, but soon after I stopped liking them.
Old 2004-11-29, 00:56
Post-whore
Banned

as you said niggles, if your early stuff is grind and your newer stuff is hard rock, chances are youd play the rock mostly at an all ages gig, keep the nu metal kidlets happy.

although they did some early stuff at the one i went too, sadomasifuck, mortician, albert (fuck thats an awesome tune), wearethewordpolice, iloveitwhenjoepesci swears, grossman the meatman among others.

anyway, TDEBN better do an all ages....curiously, do you have anything against them tim?
Old 2004-11-29, 01:19
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Well, suprisingly, I've never bothered to hear their shit. I just saw a CD of theirs in JB. I always get them confused with Between the buried and Me because of the way people abbreviate their names on this forum.
Old 2004-11-29, 01:23
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

TDEBN are pretty good. But CBT and LDoH do it better. Obviously Dave & co. were aiming for that though. How old are you guys? Sucks that you are underage still.
Old 2004-11-29, 01:28
Post-whore
Banned

yeah it sure does. just turned 16 last week, my birthday thread is still on page 1 of chit chat

hey jarrod i have a question. not having a go at you or anything, but how come it takes so long for the tabs to get processed? it used to take like an hour....clear that up for me could ya? oh and er, how do you rate my abramelin tab?

tim, TDEBN is quite a good band with, their only disc (le MORT) a really cleanly produced album. if you got a spare $20, its well worth picking up.
Old 2004-11-29, 01:31
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Ah, I can't process the tabs. I only moderate the forum, check to see if tabs abide by the rules, and standards. Nomad is on holiday I *think*, he is the only one that has the power to process them. Sorry about the wait. Your Abramelin tab is quite good, like all your other tabs. =)

Sorry about not wishing you happy b'day, didn't see your thread. So, happy belated birthday! Atleast you're one step closer to becoming 18. I'll be living in Melbourne at that stage, remind me to shout you a shitload of beers then.
Old 2004-11-29, 01:41
Post-whore
Banned

bloody hell you're awesome cheers mate!! melbourne is the ultimate place for grind we'll have to see a few gigs together too.

and thats ok about the tabs, i was just curious. few more tabs coming, doing slightly bigger ones than by burzum bass tabs now
Old 2004-11-29, 01:53
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Hey nihilly, you movin to melbourne? mad!

btw, i'm 17, freedom comes May 31 next year.
Old 2004-11-29, 02:02
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

And andy, i'll buy TDEBN tommorrow, I got a bit of cash lying around. The clean production worries me a bit though.
Old 2004-11-30, 02:37
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Bought it. Yeah, its no Planisphaerum, but I like it a lot! Thanks for suggesting it.
Old 2004-11-30, 03:09
Post-whore
Banned

your welcome mate