MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password

Old 2004-10-17, 02:24
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Kahler is fucking retarded...

they will always be a bitch to Floyd unless they get their shit together. $325?!!?! WTF are they thinking??

fucking idiots... I also see that their STILL using that behind the nut Locking nut.. once again, FUCKING IDIOTS.

Fuck em...

harsh word but it needs to be said.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-10-17, 04:21
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
YES!!!!!!!! ive never played a kahler 2300 but from all the reviews, the next ran i will get will surley have this, once i get my RR ill be pretty happy about that and probably wont get another get for a while.
Old 2004-10-17, 12:02
Pirate Lawd

Yea! $325 for a new Kahler is a bit much, but that is better than the $400 I've seen rebuilt ones sell for at other sites. At least they are avalible again. I like the Kahler bridges but Floyd locking nuts are the better design, imo.

I don't know if Mr. Moser is adding his cut onto the price, but knowing Moser I'm sure the price is inflated just a bit. I am going to look around and see if I can find them cheaper. Perhaps from old man Kahler himself.
Old 2004-10-17, 13:25
New Blood

What's a Kahler non-tremolo bridge? I know Megadeth had them on their guitar back in the day, both Marty and Dave. They were some sort of Kahlers, but they had no locking nut. What makes such bridges better than, say, a regular fixed bridge?
Old 2004-10-17, 14:37
Pirate Lawd

Kahler fixed bridges look and are made just like the like kahler 2300 trem bridges, but the cam doesn't rotate. The parts can be replaced between the two to make one or the other. It is only preference if one bridge is better than another, but Kahlers are better made than just about any other bridge known to man.
Old 2005-02-05, 22:41
Post-whore

Ahh the fresh smell of a revived thread.
Anyway, what are the differences between a Kahler 2300 Pro, a 2330 Spyder, and a 2720 Flyer? How would they compare to a Schaller Floyd Rose?
Old 2005-02-06, 23:00
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Ahh the fresh smell of a revived thread.
Anyway, what are the differences between a Kahler 2300 Pro, a 2330 Spyder, and a 2720 Flyer? How would they compare to a Schaller Floyd Rose?

2300 bridges have either steel ( Pro ) or brass ( Standard ) rollers and cams. The steel and brass parts can be interchanged to help create a special tone, but the frame is machined solid steel. They mount flat to the guitar with little needed routing. Some guitars do require a about a 3 mm recess routing for the bridge, like mine, but it depends if the guitar has a angled neck to the body.

Spyder Kahlers are a Floyd type trem and are actually nice. I have had a guitar with one and I dare say I liked it better than a real Floyd.

Flyers are just like 2300's except that the saddles are made completely different. The saddle parts can be repaced with 2300 saddles and therefore making the bridge a 2300.