MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2004-07-18, 22:26
cxmachine
Senior Metalhead

yeah i'm the new guy here so try not to flame me too too badly

anyway i think the best set up for me guitarwise has been my gibson SG, i admit though i ripped out the pickups and put in the tony iommi pickups, best sounding pickups i've ever heard. for any classic or standard tuned thrash metal i use a schecter c1 classic (the older model with more knobs) all stock, and the tones and sustain i get out of there have beat any other guitar i have tried, and since i'm usually on a budget i want the best for my money so i get around to trying many many guitars, and don't hate me but i really don't like esps, not a big fan of ibenez either, they are ok, in fact i have an old 80's ibanez V around but i only use it once in a while, too much brightness for my taste. schecter earned my respect and i'll probly be a gibson fan for as long as i'm playing...

Old 2004-07-21, 18:56
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

I would say either Jackson, Ibanez or B.C. Rich. It all depends on what type of metal you play.

Old 2004-07-21, 19:00
metalpro
Senior Metalhead

have u tried any jackson guitars, those are supposed to be good for heavy metal sounds. or u could spend thousands of dollars on a prs and get it all.

Old 2004-07-21, 21:10
mctriple
Senior Metalhead

i wouldn't recommend a bc rich for anything unless it's one of their upper end models. nothing below the NJ line for sure.

jackson and ibanez are the best for metal, for the most part. esp is pretty good, too, and really, any guitar can be used for metal, but jackson and ibanez are very good for metal in particular. older charvels are really good, too.. the 80s ones.

in my opinion, ibanez has about 1/10th of the respect it should have as a guitar manufacturer. their guitars are incredibly well made (especially the made in japan "prestige" ones) and are very affordable. on ebay the made in japan lines are usually $400 or so.. and you'll get an unbelievably good guitar for that price.

i got my rg 570 in mint condition with a case for $300.. it has the best trem (at least as good as an original floyd) and the wizard neck that is just awesome.

Old 2004-07-21, 22:35
Sam Hudson
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctriple
i wouldn't recommend a bc rich for anything unless it's one of their upper end models. nothing below the NJ line for sure.

jackson and ibanez are the best for metal, for the most part. esp is pretty good, too, and really, any guitar can be used for metal, but jackson and ibanez are very good for metal in particular. older charvels are really good, too.. the 80s ones.

in my opinion, ibanez has about 1/10th of the respect it should have as a guitar manufacturer. their guitars are incredibly well made (especially the made in japan "prestige" ones) and are very affordable. on ebay the made in japan lines are usually $400 or so.. and you'll get an unbelievably good guitar for that price.

i got my rg 570 in mint condition with a case for $300.. it has the best trem (at least as good as an original floyd) and the wizard neck that is just awesome.

Ibanez all the way!

Killer,intruder,homicidal man

Old 2004-07-22, 15:50
metalpro
Senior Metalhead

pantera

does anybody know the lable and copywrite dates, and that shit for Far Beyond Driven by Pantera?

Old 2004-07-31, 21:33
Cybris
Senior Metalhead

my ibanez is so amazing and they almost never go out of tune

Old 2004-09-04, 01:23
Necrovore
Metalhead

Moser Custom Guitars

Here are your metal guitars.

Old 2004-09-04, 04:41
COBHC
New Blood

Id say jacksons are excellent for metal. the jackson soloist may be the fastest neck ive ever played there pricey but with neckthrough heeless construction,an ebony fretboard with mother of pearl sharkfin inlays and seymour duncan pickups they sound and look vicious.

Old 2004-09-05, 11:42
mctriple
Senior Metalhead

can it get any faster than a wizard neck?

and the edge bridge is just amazing.

throw in some dimarzios (or whatever your preference is) and an ibanez is awesome for metal. $300-450 for a 570 in new condition on ebay. it doesn't get any better

Old 2004-09-05, 13:44
Slabbefusk
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

wizard necks are too small for me hand. i need something to hold onto.

Old 2004-09-14, 04:15
HailAngelo
New Blood

I have been playing my Schecter 006 elite and after just now finding the perfect tone to compliment the guitars HUGE influence on how it sounds (the thick woods and body style add major sustain/smoothness and at the same time Heavyness/bass and) and I am falling in love with it all over agian.
It was the first guitar i bought after using my walmart POS guitar+amp set for my first year and I knew nothing about other guitars because I was playing a no-name brand and was a total guitar Noob. So I talked to the guy at Guitar Center and I told him That I wanted to have a guitar that was awesome enough to play the heaviest Metal and still be able to get some variance in my playing and sound, like blues or prog kinda stuff... And man did he show me the perfect guitar.
Another thing I find awesome about it is that it only has 1 inlay at the 12th fret. There is a tribal design that i think gives the guitar, and me, a certain attitude/look that totally gets me excited (considering I hate how most guitars have the same old booring dots that i hate so much. I promised mysef no matter what guitar it is, I will never buy one with some conventional/unoriginal inlay. I think it makes you and the guitar look stupid, but thats just my opinion...)
So I would ahev to say, even though they are not huge (yet) Schecters rock more than a lot of people think. next time your at your local music shop and they have a non-low end model there (I.E. the "Omen 6" which I will give props too for being a great guitar, but it just bothers me) Like my )006 Elite, chekc it out, pick it up and test it out.

Old 2004-09-14, 04:44
DamageFan6984
Senior Metalhead

I play an Epiphone Goth Flying-V with a Floyd-Rose and I was quite surprised at the nice chunk the pickups put out.

Old 2004-09-14, 09:25
acephalic
New Blood

Just bought a Jackson SL-3, what a great metal-axe!
Seymore Duncan pickups are the metal-pickups par excellence.

Old 2004-09-14, 20:04
FrostyTheBush
New Blood

Ive got a BC Rich Warlock Bronze, it rocks!

Old 2004-09-26, 02:31
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrovore
Moser Custom Guitars

Here are your metal guitars.

Ok, how about a guitar that he can afford. Moser guitars are nice looking but I think they are for collectors mostly.

Old 2004-09-26, 02:38
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Moser guitars are great if you can afford them. I want a custom one!

Old 2004-09-26, 02:45
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

They cost far more than I thought they would, but a custom one... I don't want to think of the cost. It's silly to pay that much IMO.