MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 2004-05-18, 20:49
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Cybris
Good Metal Guitars

Now i know that half the kick ass sound u get from a metal band comes from their amps, but im lookin for a good "metal guitar." Right now i have an ibanez - X model and if u dont know what that is then go here and look it up. I have looked and some ESP's and other ibanez models like the K-7. which pickups do u guys prefer, the ESP's or the humbuckers? so far my ibanez is awesome, no tuning problems and hardly any maintenance but if u guys think u got a better guitar and tell me and i'll have a look see...
Old 2004-05-18, 20:54
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
The K-7 is the ULTIMATE METAL GUITAR!!!! KORN ROX MY SOX FOLIO

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-05-18, 23:35
Lo, they do call to me...

Send a message via AIM to MoonRaven Send a message via MSN to MoonRaven Send a message via Yahoo to MoonRaven
from what ive played the K-7 isnt a bad guitar, who gives a fuck who plays the thing, if it sounds good, it sounds good. i am looking at a prs, not very metal look wise, but they sound amazing. you could always go les paul, although i am not a gibson fan, or a strat, although i am not a fender fan either. then there are b.c.rich's, which, no matter what people may say, are killer guitars, especially if you want a cool looking guitar. esp's arent bad, neither are jacksons, but the decision is really up to you, hell i play death metal on a squier affinity telecaster, which i have had since i started playing electric guitar almost 3 years ago, i have modified it though, but i still think it sounds shit loads better than any les paul or strat ive ever played.
Old 2004-05-19, 01:29
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to mctriple
im sold on the ibanez rg line.. i'm sellin my ibanez strat copy and gibson les paul special.. all i ever play is my 370 dx anymore. i might end up getting an old 570 or new 1570 instead before too long just for the nicer bridge, but this 370 is pretty sweet right now. i'll be putting dimarzio pups in as soon as i can get some money for the 2 axes that i'm selling.. then it'll have great metal sounds.

esps are obviously good for metal.. active pickups are quite good. dimarzio makes great passive pups though, and i need passives to keep the use of my h/s/h configuration.. can't blend the passive middle single with an active circuit you might have that problem too if you want h/s/h pups.
Old 2004-05-19, 08:01
Metalhead
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Arnstein
I love BC Rich, they are indeed good metal guitars, both in sound and design.
Old 2004-05-19, 08:09
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

My LTD M-155 is great too, and many Jacksons are also good. Ibanez are great too, but usually more $
Old 2004-05-19, 12:13
Post-whore

i fuckin hate bc rich's. They look fairly decent but sound like utter shit, if i was u i'd get a ESP, Maverick or Ibanez

Sold my shit, now its time to PARTY!!!!!
Old 2004-05-19, 13:20
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to MetalPoldi
I've got a Ibanez S-series with the V1 and V2 Humbuckers and a S2 Singlecoil. I just play the bridge-HB, the V2. And it's really nice. Nice basses (altough some sound-engineers dislike that ), good sound.
A friend has an RG-series from Ibanez, a cheaper one and the sound has less bass and is not so clean.
So, if you could get an ibanez with these humbuckers, you'll get along well with that.
Old 2004-05-19, 14:57
New Blood

I have a jackson KE3 and it's heavy as fuck and it plays really easy. But your guitar is pretty bad ass too!
Old 2004-05-19, 15:16
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
I play all my death/trash metal on a Washburn guitar. BC Rich isn't good unless you have enough money to order a custom one. Jacksons are pretty good.
Old 2004-05-19, 15:32
Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordor
i fuckin hate bc rich's. They look fairly decent but sound like utter shit, if i was u i'd get a ESP, Maverick or Ibanez

Well, I get really necro sound on mine, so its ok
Old 2004-05-19, 15:45
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
from what ive played the K-7 isnt a bad guitar, who gives a fuck who plays the thing, if it sounds good, it sounds good. i am looking at a prs, not very metal look wise, but they sound amazing. you could always go les paul, although i am not a gibson fan, or a strat, although i am not a fender fan either. then there are b.c.rich's, which, no matter what people may say, are killer guitars, especially if you want a cool looking guitar. esp's arent bad, neither are jacksons, but the decision is really up to you, hell i play death metal on a squier affinity telecaster, which i have had since i started playing electric guitar almost 3 years ago, i have modified it though, but i still think it sounds shit loads better than any les paul or strat ive ever played.

are you aware that they colors look like ass and the floyd is useless because they sue that dumb bar... and you can get the same guitar for half the price... exactly who cares who plays it.... that why you get the cheaper verison with there names all over it.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-05-19, 15:47
Supreme Metalhead

Get a Jackson.
Old 2004-05-19, 16:07
Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to metalprep6969
I love my ESP like none other. It's a bit pricy, because the lower model ESPs are LTDs, so if it's ESP it's automatically high-end, but I love it. I'd also suggest a Gibson Les Paul, heavy as fuck if you replace the pickups. Gibsons also have nice Vs, though the only one that looks really metal is the Voodoo.

\m/

"Follow The Hollow" - Soilwork

Old 2004-05-19, 19:51
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Cybris
pricy

yea i love the b.c. rich series but when ya pick one up it seems like a novice guitar to play but never the less they look like beasts and kerry king plays one so that alone is a reason to get one. ive looked at many jacksons but they all have this new stringing system that would just make me go insane, im one of those lazy impatient types. My ibanez x model is my little baby it has that Kiss sound (which i do love) and if u look in the photos of the Kiss official biography then u'll see my guitar strung around Paul Stanley's amazingly sexy body (not that im gay or anything)
Old 2004-05-19, 20:22
Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to metalprep6969
BC Riches sound like shit when you buy them, but once you replace the hardware (tuners, nut, bridge (i replaced the tune-o-matic for a Tonepros locking tune-o-matic), and pickups, they are pretty nice. The fret job isn't horrible on my Platinum Series Warlock, though obviously not the greatest.

\m/

"Follow The Hollow" - Soilwork

Old 2004-05-19, 21:54
Post-whore

I like my ibanez RG,it sounds great.i play mostly deathmetal.jackson DKMG has a good sound.
Old 2004-05-20, 07:46
Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus666
Get a Jackson.

Get a life! :P
Old 2004-05-20, 10:11
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven

dude u talk so much crap I can't belive it
Old 2004-05-20, 12:27
Post-whore

[QUOTE=MetalPoldi]I've got a Ibanez S-series [QUOTE]

Hell mutha fuckin ye!!! i fuckin love s series ibanez's, the zr trems pretty mint and they are so comfortabel

Sold my shit, now its time to PARTY!!!!!