MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2004-06-04, 21:37
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
See, cybris, about not knowing what you are talking about, refer to the A Perfect Circle thread. You got your ass handed to you because you thought you knew what you were talking about.

Now, unless you know 100% about the religion, i'd shut your mouth before he pulls a maddox on you, and makes you look dumber than you already are.

Awesome.
Old 2004-06-04, 21:50
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying_Hatred
Havent we already had this discussion once before? Sigh..
Lets start with the Daughter/Slavery comment. This is entirely true. But, Mr.Shittles left out a significant aspect. This was taken from what was known the as Jewish Law, but in these times we refer to as the old testament. It also says stuff about your Wife being lower than a dog and you HAVE to kill your son if he disobeys you in even the most insignificant way, or else you will go to hell.
As for the brilliant obvservations by our ouw 13 year old theologian.
Lets put it this way. How would you classify a dinosaur? Humanoid, Animal, or Alien?
Your proven scientists have already shown us that the dinosaurs as a whole origionated from this planet ruling out the possibility of being an Alien life form.
And any crackwhore on 4th Ave. can tell you that dinosaurs arent humanoid, so that leaves us with animals? Ok so lets run over a list of what was created during the 6 days mentioned in the begining of the bible........As for the bible not being the sturdy foundation that most people make it out to be.....I would have to agree. Aside from the laws that I mentioned earlier all of the chapters that were selected to be in the bible were put together by the roman catholic church. In fact these "best sellers" you speak of were in fact just that. Only it was'nt the bible as a whole..it was the chapters. See, people would write these books, storys, and tales of Jesus' journeys and from those the books were desided. They know this because they have found some of the other chapters that were not selected, some of which were "disturbing" in a sence to the church itself. Things as Jesus being possesed and killing his childhood friend at the age of 13, Mary Magdaline really being one of the 12, well 13 deciples (the one that was closest to Jesus, actually) and the version of Peters book in which Jesus tells Peter secretly that hell is not eternal and that so manyt odd years after the world ends every one will get into heaven and so on and so forth. So why base a religion on something that in my eyes the roman church slapped together.
As for that I belive...I belive in my own relationship with god. I dont need a bible to follow word for word to reafirm what i belive. It is unfathomable to me as to why people are satanist. They clearly belive in both good and evil, so they would want to live in eternal hell fire? But then they could pull an Al Pacino and say "Concider the source of your book". But isnt that the ultimate deviancy? Lets get them to stray...then lets disprove it but using the logic that they wont be able to prove us wrong if they only use their proof. But to him his own.

I'm not going to delve heavely into this religious debate, because Religion and politics are the two things that strike this much anger in people. But i must state that out of all these posts, i respect this one the most. Here is an opinion that has been formed with research and knowledge. Instead of just writing off religion, he has read up on it. I personally have read only some of the bible, but i've also read anton lavey's "satanic bible". But there are so many other religions that I haven't studied up on.
There's also one thing i'd like to point out. How come most atheists target christianity foremost? It is not the largest religion in the world (muslim is). Why do athiest not attack buddists, satan "worshippers" or any other organized religion?? Just a thought to ponder.....
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...
Old 2004-06-04, 21:59
bugfucker strikes back.

See, this is why I stay out of these conversations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendfag_420
How come most atheists target christianity foremost? And why do I like men so much?

I do not target any religion. If anything, I bash satanists who are mainstream satanists; i.e., 'sacrificing is kvlt' fags. Don't label atheists as a bunch of people trying to keep religion out of things.

I say the pledge in its entirety. Why? Because of the principles that this country was founded on. The principles that religion teaches were used when creating laws, and setting moral standards in this country. I take offense when cunts like you label all atheists as people who want to change all of the 'god' shit. 99% don't give a shit enough to care what you believe in.

Awesome.
Old 2004-06-05, 05:25
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendkill_420
There's also one thing i'd like to point out. How come most atheists target christianity foremost? It is not the largest religion in the world (muslim is). Why do athiest not attack buddists, satan "worshippers" or any other organized religion?? Just a thought to ponder.....

Islam is not the most popular religion. You will find that the most prevailant religion is in fact Christianity.

Most atheists who were brought up in a Christian country will predominantly target (if preached to and judged by) the religion that they are familiar with, ie, Christianity. Simple. If you're an atheist in a Muslim country you'll target Islam (if you live to tell the tale that is).

I'm with Dissection on this one. I don't care what you believe as long as you don't preach and say I'm a bad person just because I don't believe in (any) God. Anyone who preaches to me deserves to get both barrels straight between the eyes.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2004-06-05, 07:17
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Most atheists who were brought up in a Christian country will predominantly target (if preached to and judged by) the religion that they are familiar with,

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyvim Tvar
I would suggest if you're into philosophy that you read "The Satanic Bible" by Anton LaVey, it is a most interesting read

The philosophy of the book is very attractive, but it's nothing especially enlightening. It's just about looking out for #1 and doing things for yourself (ie. not sacrificing yourself for others = jesus) - animal instinct really, which is fair enough.

As I think someone else pointed out, it does seem like a way to lure people into it. After reading all the philosophy based stuff, I must say I was pretty tempted, but I thought all the rituals and stuff were a bit silly - thats my opinion
Old 2004-06-05, 07:45
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to Dyvim Tvar
Hummm, I see exactly where you're comming from about luring people in and stuff, i'm never one to follow something blindly, to do without question, that I could never do.
I find the ways of Satanism are how I have felt for a long time, they make me better as a person, give me motivation.
I also see the flaws in it, just like any other religion there are people corrupting it for their own purposes, take the "First Satanic Church" for example, now what religion screens it's applicants? Is it just me or is that amazingly elitist and arrogant?
Old 2004-06-05, 07:57
HES BAAACK

let us reflect on the words of immolation.

I'll be my own leader
I'll be my own saviour
I'll be the strength that carries
I'll be the light that guides me
"rival the eminent"
Old 2004-06-05, 08:09
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Islam is not the most popular religion. You will find that the most prevailant religion is in fact Christianity.

You're right
http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html
I had read somewhere a while ago that muslim was the most predominant religion in the world.

Quote:
Most atheists who were brought up in a Christian country will predominantly target (if preached to and judged by) the religion that they are familiar with, ie, Christianity. Simple. If you're an atheist in a Muslim country you'll target Islam (if you live to tell the tale that is).

good point..
and i hope you don't find me to be preaching. I haven't really brought my beliefs into this.
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...
Old 2004-06-05, 10:27
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Corpsevomit98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendkill_420
How come most atheists target christianity foremost? It is not the largest religion in the world (muslim is). Why do athiest not attack buddists, satan "worshippers" or any other organized religion?? Just a thought to ponder.....

One reason most of them attack christians is the fact that they are usually the first ones to be saying, no this is against "gods" will, and, your gonna go to hell for that. Muslims at least lay low they dont go preaching off and off about their religions. Buddists are the most peaceful religion their is, so really they dont go making enemies with anyone. As for satanists, I am not too sure why athiests dont usually go after them. I THINK that athiests just really either dont care or dont recognize it as a real religion seeing as that it hs no order to it.
Old 2004-06-05, 13:09
bugfucker strikes back.

Most Christians preach to others, and make others feel like 'if you don't believe in this, you are a horrible person.' This is my own experience, so to be correct, I can't really speak for anyone else. My friends feel the same way, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsevomit98
One reason most of them attack christians is the fact that they are usually the first ones to be saying, no this is against "gods" will, and, your gonna go to hell for that...

I THINK that athiests just really either dont care or dont recognize it as a real religion seeing as that it has no order to it.

I reguard it as a religion, but I don't respect the people who run around with pentagrams everywhere claiming to be satanists.

I'd like to retract my previous statement. I usually bash christians before anyone else, but wannabe-satanists really piss me off.

Awesome.
Old 2004-06-05, 13:42
HES BAAACK

read the lyrics or listen to "no jesus, no beast" by immolation

heh
Old 2004-06-05, 15:38
bugfucker strikes back.

Uh, ok?

Most, if not all Immolation lyrics are like that.

Awesome.
Old 2004-06-05, 15:42
HES BAAACK

almost all are anti religion, but i thought those were funny and meaningful

no christ, no cross
no wanton guilt for us to bear

no jesus, no beast!

can you hear us? death to jesus! that part is sick, the pinch harmonics make it sound so frantic
Old 2004-06-05, 16:02
bugfucker strikes back.

Haha. I'll have to listen to that.

Awesome.
Old 2004-06-05, 17:23
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Corpsevomit98
Thats why Immolation kicks ass.
Old 2004-06-05, 17:25
Lo, they do call to me...

Send a message via AIM to MoonRaven Send a message via MSN to MoonRaven Send a message via Yahoo to MoonRaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsevomit98
Buddists are the most peaceful religion their is, so really they dont go making enemies with anyone.

wicca is also a very peaceful religion, wiccans dont go trying to gain followers like christians, nor do they condemn other peoples religions, thats what turned me on to wicca a few years ago.
Old 2004-06-05, 17:33
HES BAAACK

yeah, but can they really do magic?
Old 2004-06-05, 20:58
bugfucker strikes back.

Wicca has also become a mainstream fag religion. Some, like raven I assume, are actually into the religion and its beliefs. Others are just goths looking for an excuse to be cool. This is why I remain non believing.

Buddism seems like a great religion. But I need my meat, guns, booze and I need to kill stuff, so it wouldn't really work. Satanism seems interesting, and I agree with the priciples, but I don't know if i want to get into a religion, so...

Awesome.
Old 2004-06-05, 23:00
Pirate Lawd

I have found many inconsistencies in every religion I have ever looked into. Some of the so claimed very ancient religions seem to follow some order with the planets. In one case the one of the ancient planets that have been symbolized for thousands of years is Pluto. Now I thought the outer planets couldn't be seen without a very powerful telescope? Pluto was only discovered in the last 100 years or less, I don't know the date, so WTF?

I strongly agree with the great Undying_Hatred about faith and yourself on this one. I only know what is in me and I don't need someone else to convence me of strict rules to believe in.
Old 2004-06-05, 23:58
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Cybris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
See, cybris, about not knowing what you are talking about, refer to the A Perfect Circle thread. You got your ass handed to you because you thought you knew what you were talking about.

Now, unless you know 100% about the religion, i'd shut your mouth before he pulls a maddox on you, and makes you look dumber than you already are.

shut ur fucking mouth...like you would know anything about it dumbass