MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2004-05-13, 18:23
Post-whore

worshipping satan seems kind of stupid because if you don't believe in God then how much more realistic can Satan be??? I don't believe in God at all, because the story of creation sounds soo made up with all this scientific evidence of evolution these days. Never in the bible did they mention the creation of dinosaurs, they were sort of ignored, yet scientific evidence proves them to be real. This could mean the bible was a fictional story. Who knows maybe it was a bestseller in the year 68. I could bury the Lord Of The Rings novels and maybe in 1000 years they will be dug up and believed to be real stories. Maybe they will believe hobbits walked the earth 3000 years ago. Anyways, I am neither a worshipper of Satan nor God, i believe in the science stuff.
Old 2004-05-13, 18:34
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Corpsevomit98
good for you. I dont believe in the bible or any religion. I am i guess an athiest but I just dont give a shit. If anyone has ever seen Penn and Tellers Bullshit on Showtime, the did a story about how many things contradict each other in the bible. And also if you believed everything in the bible, noone would go to heaven because it says that selling your daughter into slavery is a good thing.
Old 2004-05-13, 20:52
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DEAD
You called him the 'dark lord' you fucking fag.

Listen to music for music, not philosophy, lyrics or image.
Comforting silence
Old 2004-05-13, 22:06
Pokémon Master

As far as i can see it is just as gimickie as wearing matching jumpsuits and masks
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?
Old 2004-05-13, 22:25
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
As far as i can see it is just as gimickie as wearing matching jumpsuits and masks

Good one!
Old 2004-05-13, 23:56
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
I guess i wouldnt know because ive never talked to any band members in person... except for In flames, and they dont even fit this discussion anyway. So how would i know if the "satanic" bands actually are satanic? But if I'd have to guess id say a lot of them do it just to promote their "evil" music. Anyway, i dont like it when bands say anything about religions. I think that should be a personal topic, maybe even private for some.
Old 2004-05-14, 00:49
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Drag the Waters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Basing music on Satan is old school, but not ""juvenile"".. also, being as Satan's name is in the word Satanist, which is someone that follows the teachings of Satanism ( the principal worshiping of Satan ), I think its clear that a Satanist does indeed worship Satan... unless there is some other Dark Lord! The worshing of yourself I believe is called "your name hereism". Are you from the southern part of Illinois or were you the kid that would lick the windows of the short bus on your way to school?

hey dumbass, how about reading this before you talk about something you know nothing of.www.satanism101.com
.......| ____ |........................
.____|___|________........
.|.........................|.|....|.\........
.|......ice-cream....|.|__|..\___
.|.........................|..............*|
.|_.....___________.....__.o|
....(...)....~.~~.>--<o.(...).......
Old 2004-05-14, 01:05
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophert of ezeikel
Does any 1 out there no exactly how many bands are influenced by the dark lord? i was just wondering because i think that most of them could b just posers

dunno, maybe a milion, does that help, answering your question?

Join the hordes!!
Old 2004-05-14, 01:16
Pirate Lawd

Yep! In reference to that sight ( which is a good sight by the way ) I am wrong and you are right. Anton LaVey is changed the way people veiw Satanism alot. I researched his cult in the early 90's and things were way different within his home as compared to other Satanic cults. He is dead now but it looks like people still follow his ministries.

But in general, Satanist in some way are involved, follow, and worship what Satan represents.
Old 2004-05-14, 03:11
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
This could mean the bible was a fictional story. Who knows maybe it was a bestseller in the year 68. I could bury the Lord Of The Rings novels and maybe in 1000 years they will be dug up and believed to be real stories. Maybe they will believe hobbits walked the earth 3000 years ago.

Man, I've always thought that! There's a page missing from the Bible that starts off with, "All people and events in this book are fictional and bare no resemblence...". (That's an old Red Dwarf joke)

Science has disproved nearly everything that Christianity has claimed over the last couple of millenia so I listen to the people who are endeavouring to discover where we came from and where we are going rather than corrupt, child abusing priests who have no interest in why humanity is here.

I've said it all along to anyone who will listen: If a giant asteriod was on a collision course with the Earth, who is going to save us, scientists or God/Satan?

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2004-05-14, 03:44
Post-whore

Havent we already had this discussion once before? Sigh..
Lets start with the Daughter/Slavery comment. This is entirely true. But, Mr.Shittles left out a significant aspect. This was taken from what was known the as Jewish Law, but in these times we refer to as the old testament. It also says stuff about your Wife being lower than a dog and you HAVE to kill your son if he disobeys you in even the most insignificant way, or else you will go to hell.
As for the brilliant obvservations by our ouw 13 year old theologian.
Lets put it this way. How would you classify a dinosaur? Humanoid, Animal, or Alien?
Your proven scientists have already shown us that the dinosaurs as a whole origionated from this planet ruling out the possibility of being an Alien life form.
And any crackwhore on 4th Ave. can tell you that dinosaurs arent humanoid, so that leaves us with animals? Ok so lets run over a list of what was created during the 6 days mentioned in the begining of the bible........As for the bible not being the sturdy foundation that most people make it out to be.....I would have to agree. Aside from the laws that I mentioned earlier all of the chapters that were selected to be in the bible were put together by the roman catholic church. In fact these "best sellers" you speak of were in fact just that. Only it was'nt the bible as a whole..it was the chapters. See, people would write these books, storys, and tales of Jesus' journeys and from those the books were desided. They know this because they have found some of the other chapters that were not selected, some of which were "disturbing" in a sence to the church itself. Things as Jesus being possesed and killing his childhood friend at the age of 13, Mary Magdaline really being one of the 12, well 13 deciples (the one that was closest to Jesus, actually) and the version of Peters book in which Jesus tells Peter secretly that hell is not eternal and that so manyt odd years after the world ends every one will get into heaven and so on and so forth. So why base a religion on something that in my eyes the roman church slapped together.
As for that I belive...I belive in my own relationship with god. I dont need a bible to follow word for word to reafirm what i belive. It is unfathomable to me as to why people are satanist. They clearly belive in both good and evil, so they would want to live in eternal hell fire? But then they could pull an Al Pacino and say "Concider the source of your book". But isnt that the ultimate deviancy? Lets get them to stray...then lets disprove it but using the logic that they wont be able to prove us wrong if they only use their proof. But to him his own.
Old 2004-05-14, 03:58
Pirate Lawd

.... K
Old 2004-05-14, 05:50
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

can you say that in two sentences?

I'll read up on it later
Old 2004-05-14, 09:26
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Most bands mention Satan becuase its just like going to see a horror movie. Even though they may not believe in it it doesn't mean they are posers. Tom of Slayer is Mormon( whatever spelling, not sure), but would slayer be any less kick ass if thier songs were about not drinking coffee and other Mormon stuff? No they wouldn't but they would have much lower sales. To be inspiread by Satan and write songs about it doesn't mean you have to be a Satanist or whatever. Its only exspession, but Morbid Angel; seems they kind of live it but they do have some good music.

Tom from slayer is definatly not a mormon. They can't swear, drink, smoke, do drugs, or promote satan in anyway. So if he is really a mormon, then he must walk around in a constant state of guilt, cause he does all of those things. Yes it's known fact Slayer isn't satanic, but they did use it for shock value, but Tom a mormon? NO, NO FUCKING WAY. You are retarded
Old 2004-05-14, 10:09
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSE
Tom from slayer is definatly not a mormon. They can't swear, drink, smoke, do drugs, or promote satan in anyway. So if he is really a mormon, then he must walk around in a constant state of guilt, cause he does all of those things. Yes it's known fact Slayer isn't satanic, but they did use it for shock value, but Tom a mormon? NO, NO FUCKING WAY. You are retarded

I wasn't sure, but I heard that he was. It wouldn't shock me if he was. I do know for a fact that he is really into indian spiritualism. Is there such a thing as a liberal Mormon?
Old 2004-05-14, 12:15
New Blood

Send a message via MSN to luciferlad Send a message via Yahoo to luciferlad
apparently some of the guys in Emperor are satanists, and this one guy who was his own black metal band... I dont know his name (look on swedishmetal.net if youre ambitious enough) was/is a satanist and murdered a guy or 2.

Last edited by luciferlad : 2004-05-14 at 12:18.
Old 2004-05-14, 16:52
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying_Hatred
As for the brilliant obvservations by our ouw 13 year old theologian.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

i dont know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment. But im 14 tomorrow bitch
Old 2004-05-14, 16:58
Senior Metalhead

Johnmansley; you sir are a SMEGHEAD!

Hail Lucifer!
Old 2004-05-14, 19:46
HES BAAACK

varg vikernes of burzum if im thinking of the right guy

he murdered epynonymous

or eurononymous

one of em