MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password


 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 2004-05-13, 18:23
ShredIsNotDead ShredIsNotDead is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,487
worshipping satan seems kind of stupid because if you don't believe in God then how much more realistic can Satan be??? I don't believe in God at all, because the story of creation sounds soo made up with all this scientific evidence of evolution these days. Never in the bible did they mention the creation of dinosaurs, they were sort of ignored, yet scientific evidence proves them to be real. This could mean the bible was a fictional story. Who knows maybe it was a bestseller in the year 68. I could bury the Lord Of The Rings novels and maybe in 1000 years they will be dug up and believed to be real stories. Maybe they will believe hobbits walked the earth 3000 years ago. Anyways, I am neither a worshipper of Satan nor God, i believe in the science stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2004-05-13, 18:34
Corpsevomit98's Avatar
Corpsevomit98 Corpsevomit98 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In the midst of the unholy
Posts: 1,293
Send a message via AIM to Corpsevomit98
good for you. I dont believe in the bible or any religion. I am i guess an athiest but I just dont give a shit. If anyone has ever seen Penn and Tellers Bullshit on Showtime, the did a story about how many things contradict each other in the bible. And also if you believed everything in the bible, noone would go to heaven because it says that selling your daughter into slavery is a good thing.
__________________
If im not back in 15 minutes...
Wait longer
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2004-05-13, 20:52
DEAD's Avatar
DEAD DEAD is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,399
Send a message via AIM to DEAD
You called him the 'dark lord' you fucking fag.

Listen to music for music, not philosophy, lyrics or image.
__________________
No fear, nor fight
Comforting silent side
So free, through flight
Comforting silence
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2004-05-13, 22:06
BeastOfCarrion's Avatar
BeastOfCarrion BeastOfCarrion is offline
Pokémon Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Some grim and utterly pointless evil location(Aus)
Posts: 3,740
As far as i can see it is just as gimickie as wearing matching jumpsuits and masks
__________________
"Press Ctrl+w to enter: The realm of Power Metal!" - a promise from johnmansley
Tonight on CSI: Blashyrkh -
(\_/)
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2004-05-13, 22:25
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
As far as i can see it is just as gimickie as wearing matching jumpsuits and masks


Good one!
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2004-05-13, 23:56
timedragon's Avatar
timedragon timedragon is offline
Legio Draconorum Orkian
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: upon raging waves
Posts: 4,499
Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
I guess i wouldnt know because ive never talked to any band members in person... except for In flames, and they dont even fit this discussion anyway. So how would i know if the "satanic" bands actually are satanic? But if I'd have to guess id say a lot of them do it just to promote their "evil" music. Anyway, i dont like it when bands say anything about religions. I think that should be a personal topic, maybe even private for some.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2004-05-14, 00:49
Drag the Waters's Avatar
Drag the Waters Drag the Waters is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Earth v.6.9
Posts: 355
Send a message via AIM to Drag the Waters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Basing music on Satan is old school, but not ""juvenile"".. also, being as Satan's name is in the word Satanist, which is someone that follows the teachings of Satanism ( the principal worshiping of Satan ), I think its clear that a Satanist does indeed worship Satan... unless there is some other Dark Lord! The worshing of yourself I believe is called "your name hereism". Are you from the southern part of Illinois or were you the kid that would lick the windows of the short bus on your way to school?


hey dumbass, how about reading this before you talk about something you know nothing of.www.satanism101.com
__________________
............_ )).........................
........_( . ,,)_.......................
......(______)......................
.......| ____ |........................
.____|___|________........
.|.........................|.|....|.\........
.|......ice-cream....|.|__|..\___
.|.........................|..............*|
.|_.....___________.....__.o|
....(...)....~.~~.>--<o.(...).......
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2004-05-14, 01:05
Darkenelf's Avatar
Darkenelf Darkenelf is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: the cold north
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophert of ezeikel
Does any 1 out there no exactly how many bands are influenced by the dark lord? i was just wondering because i think that most of them could b just posers



dunno, maybe a milion, does that help, answering your question?
__________________
VIKING/FOLK METAL SITE
http://www.vikingblood.net/

Join the hordes!!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2004-05-14, 01:16
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
Yep! In reference to that sight ( which is a good sight by the way ) I am wrong and you are right. Anton LaVey is changed the way people veiw Satanism alot. I researched his cult in the early 90's and things were way different within his home as compared to other Satanic cults. He is dead now but it looks like people still follow his ministries.

But in general, Satanist in some way are involved, follow, and worship what Satan represents.
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2004-05-14, 03:11
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley johnmansley is offline
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,975
Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
This could mean the bible was a fictional story. Who knows maybe it was a bestseller in the year 68. I could bury the Lord Of The Rings novels and maybe in 1000 years they will be dug up and believed to be real stories. Maybe they will believe hobbits walked the earth 3000 years ago.


Man, I've always thought that! There's a page missing from the Bible that starts off with, "All people and events in this book are fictional and bare no resemblence...". (That's an old Red Dwarf joke)

Science has disproved nearly everything that Christianity has claimed over the last couple of millenia so I listen to the people who are endeavouring to discover where we came from and where we are going rather than corrupt, child abusing priests who have no interest in why humanity is here.

I've said it all along to anyone who will listen: If a giant asteriod was on a collision course with the Earth, who is going to save us, scientists or God/Satan?
__________________
Album of the day:

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2004-05-14, 03:44
Undying_Hatred's Avatar
Undying_Hatred Undying_Hatred is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 1,002
Havent we already had this discussion once before? Sigh..
Lets start with the Daughter/Slavery comment. This is entirely true. But, Mr.Shittles left out a significant aspect. This was taken from what was known the as Jewish Law, but in these times we refer to as the old testament. It also says stuff about your Wife being lower than a dog and you HAVE to kill your son if he disobeys you in even the most insignificant way, or else you will go to hell.
As for the brilliant obvservations by our ouw 13 year old theologian.
Lets put it this way. How would you classify a dinosaur? Humanoid, Animal, or Alien?
Your proven scientists have already shown us that the dinosaurs as a whole origionated from this planet ruling out the possibility of being an Alien life form.
And any crackwhore on 4th Ave. can tell you that dinosaurs arent humanoid, so that leaves us with animals? Ok so lets run over a list of what was created during the 6 days mentioned in the begining of the bible........As for the bible not being the sturdy foundation that most people make it out to be.....I would have to agree. Aside from the laws that I mentioned earlier all of the chapters that were selected to be in the bible were put together by the roman catholic church. In fact these "best sellers" you speak of were in fact just that. Only it was'nt the bible as a whole..it was the chapters. See, people would write these books, storys, and tales of Jesus' journeys and from those the books were desided. They know this because they have found some of the other chapters that were not selected, some of which were "disturbing" in a sence to the church itself. Things as Jesus being possesed and killing his childhood friend at the age of 13, Mary Magdaline really being one of the 12, well 13 deciples (the one that was closest to Jesus, actually) and the version of Peters book in which Jesus tells Peter secretly that hell is not eternal and that so manyt odd years after the world ends every one will get into heaven and so on and so forth. So why base a religion on something that in my eyes the roman church slapped together.
As for that I belive...I belive in my own relationship with god. I dont need a bible to follow word for word to reafirm what i belive. It is unfathomable to me as to why people are satanist. They clearly belive in both good and evil, so they would want to live in eternal hell fire? But then they could pull an Al Pacino and say "Concider the source of your book". But isnt that the ultimate deviancy? Lets get them to stray...then lets disprove it but using the logic that they wont be able to prove us wrong if they only use their proof. But to him his own.
__________________
http://www.willowtip.com/home.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2004-05-14, 03:58
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
.... K
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2004-05-14, 05:50
Def's Avatar
Def Def is offline
Master Killer
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 11,372
can you say that in two sentences?

I'll read up on it later
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2004-05-14, 09:26
BOSE BOSE is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Most bands mention Satan becuase its just like going to see a horror movie. Even though they may not believe in it it doesn't mean they are posers. Tom of Slayer is Mormon( whatever spelling, not sure), but would slayer be any less kick ass if thier songs were about not drinking coffee and other Mormon stuff? No they wouldn't but they would have much lower sales. To be inspiread by Satan and write songs about it doesn't mean you have to be a Satanist or whatever. Its only exspession, but Morbid Angel; seems they kind of live it but they do have some good music.

Tom from slayer is definatly not a mormon. They can't swear, drink, smoke, do drugs, or promote satan in anyway. So if he is really a mormon, then he must walk around in a constant state of guilt, cause he does all of those things. Yes it's known fact Slayer isn't satanic, but they did use it for shock value, but Tom a mormon? NO, NO FUCKING WAY. You are retarded
__________________
I'm the Trillest HAUS from the mean streets of Sandy dog.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2004-05-14, 10:09
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSE
Tom from slayer is definatly not a mormon. They can't swear, drink, smoke, do drugs, or promote satan in anyway. So if he is really a mormon, then he must walk around in a constant state of guilt, cause he does all of those things. Yes it's known fact Slayer isn't satanic, but they did use it for shock value, but Tom a mormon? NO, NO FUCKING WAY. You are retarded


I wasn't sure, but I heard that he was. It wouldn't shock me if he was. I do know for a fact that he is really into indian spiritualism. Is there such a thing as a liberal Mormon?
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2004-05-14, 12:15
luciferlad's Avatar
luciferlad luciferlad is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: CANADA
Posts: 45
Send a message via MSN to luciferlad Send a message via Yahoo to luciferlad
apparently some of the guys in Emperor are satanists, and this one guy who was his own black metal band... I dont know his name (look on swedishmetal.net if youre ambitious enough) was/is a satanist and murdered a guy or 2.
__________________
My Band: Autumn Sunrise
Warning to you elitist fucks, it's not metal.

Last edited by luciferlad : 2004-05-14 at 12:18.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2004-05-14, 16:52
ShredIsNotDead ShredIsNotDead is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying_Hatred
As for the brilliant obvservations by our ouw 13 year old theologian.


hahahahahahahahahahaha

i dont know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment. But im 14 tomorrow bitch
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2004-05-14, 16:58
Blizzard Beast Blizzard Beast is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Atlanta Georgia a.k.a asshole of the universe
Posts: 262
Johnmansley; you sir are a SMEGHEAD!



Hail Lucifer!
__________________
Blizzard Beast
Suck a turd to a point and stab yourself with it..
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2004-05-14, 19:46
Transient's Avatar
Transient Transient is offline
HES BAAACK
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: slaying all the giants
Posts: 9,967
varg vikernes of burzum if im thinking of the right guy

he murdered epynonymous

or eurononymous

one of em
__________________
www.myspace.com/crownedmusic
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/transient_shirts/Banner.gif
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.