MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2004-06-11, 06:49
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Metalcore is less poser than Nu-Metal, but still poser-ish none the less! Thrash will own all metal forever!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-06-12, 23:02
Post-whore

im trying to listen to some metalcore bands. They seem alright. I like this avenged sevenfold band i might pick up an album of theirs. They have a good guitarist.
Old 2004-06-13, 05:12
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
im trying to listen to some metalcore bands. They seem alright. I like this avenged sevenfold band i might pick up an album of theirs. They have a good guitarist.

Get Jane Doe by Converge - it's absolutely essential if you want to expand your metalcore collection. Jacob Bannon is an absolute dervish in his vocal delivery and the guitars are crushingly heavy. If you're after KsE style metalcore then look elsewhere, but this album takes you on an intense journey to metalcore fulfilment and as the album's last death throes fade into oblivion you'll sit back in awe of the mastery of the previous 50 minutes.

Also try the brilliant Cold Blue by The Hope Conspiracy - after 22 minutes of whirlwind fury and buzzsaw riffs you'll be wondering how you ever got by without hearing them. Ten songs of pure energy that will have you reaching for the repeat button in no time.

Other bands/albums to check out:

Drowningman (RIP) - Rock And Roll Killing Machine. This is one of those albums that gets better with each listen - genius. Simon Brody's delivery is excellent and the guitarists rarely play the same thing as each other but it works to perfection.

Dillinger Escape Plan - Calculating Infinity. Again, an album that just keeps getting better and better with each listen. You'll find some nice blast-beating coupled with angular riffs in stark contrast to calm passages and jazzy interludes. This album is a perfect example of a group of guys who are perfect exponents of complex and technical music.

Stamping Ground - Carved From Empty Words. A mixture of riffs that Slayer would be proud of and HC beatdowns. Unlike hardcore however, they have that little bit extra that keeps your attention for more than 3 minutes.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2004-06-13, 05:47
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Converge is good

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-06-14, 08:19
Senior Metalhead

Someone recommended the red chord in another thread and from what I can tell, they're pretty good. I would also recommend bleeding through, from here on and 100 demons.
Old 2004-06-14, 13:23
Senior Metalhead

As I lay dying is good too, their song 94 hours is pretty much straight up melodic death.
Old 2004-06-14, 16:35
Post-whore

man...I listened to a couple songs by converge, and im not a big fan of the vocals. I can't stand vocals that don't even sound like words. It just seems like a big mess to me. You can barely even hear their guitars
Old 2004-06-14, 16:39
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Get Jane Doe by Converge - it's absolutely essential if you want to expand your metalcore collection. Jacob Bannon is an absolute dervish in his vocal delivery and the guitars are crushingly heavy. If you're after KsE style metalcore then look elsewhere, but this album takes you on an intense journey to metalcore fulfilment and as the album's last death throes fade into oblivion you'll sit back in awe of the mastery of the previous 50 minutes.

Agreed - somewhat. This album I think is to fast paced and aggressive for metalcore. I would put this close to grindcore. It is a great album either way. Espically Heaven in Her Arms! FUCK that song gest me off!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2004-06-14, 17:03
Post-whore

get I won't see you tonight (part 1) by avenged sevenfold its a great song
Old 2004-06-14, 17:32
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

You guys should check out Arkangel, xMaroonx, Heaven Shall Burn and Destiny, I'm pretty sure you'll like them.

as for the chaotic shit, Dillinger Escape Plan.

and more hardcore oriented metalcore, congress, Deadlock and Caliban.

if you want I can upload some mp3's.
Old 2004-06-15, 08:04
Senior Metalhead

Am I the only one who thinks all of arkangel's songs sound alike?
Old 2004-06-15, 12:06
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Name some non-shitty, non-emo bullshit lets all sing in harmony during the chorus "metalcore" bands.... Seems like ozzfest is gonna be alot of that bullshit. I hope theirs one decent band on the seconds stage besides Lamb of God and hatebreed (good live show)

are you saying that anybody who doesnt try to sound like an evil satanic bastard and constantly trying to make a less human-like sound with his voice is alot better than some1 who can shout and sing? you need to widen your tastes my friend..
as for metalcore bands:
The Black Dahlia Murder
KsE
Stampin Ground
As I Lay Dying

theyre all good.

also hardcore isnt metal, metalcore is the cross between hardcore and metal, so it is ok to be mentioned here, but hardcore shouldnt.. (everytime i die, poison the well)
Somebody ate our dad, we will throw rocks at him from the sky, and put black ants in his air vents. You will make me so mad that I spurt out black semen into your mouth. I will use a megaphone to tell you I'm angry, then hit the air with a hammer, while standing on snakes. I call the grim reaper to cut open his head and eat his brain like in the film Hannibal, then cut his throat and stab his chest with scorpians.
Oh Kali
Oh Sekhmet
Oh Dagon.
Old 2004-06-15, 12:18
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingface4TehWin
are you saying that anybody who doesnt try to sound like an evil satanic bastard and constantly trying to make a less human-like sound with his voice is alot better than some1 who can shout and sing? you need to widen your tastes my friend..
as for metalcore bands:
The Black Dahlia Murder
KsE
Stampin Ground
As I Lay Dying

theyre all good.

also hardcore isnt metal, metalcore is the cross between hardcore and metal, so it is ok to be mentioned here, but hardcore shouldnt.. (everytime i die, poison the well)

Dude, 90% of the time I see your post you attack people and then call them your friend. Just post what you think and stop screening the threads to target just one persons point of view. Not trying to piss you off but you are pissing me off.
Old 2004-06-15, 12:41
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Dude, 90% of the time I see your post you attack people and then call them your friend. Just post what you think and stop screening the threads to target just one persons point of view. Not trying to piss you off but you are pissing me off.

i do not have anything against anybody on this forum if they have nothing against me. i just like to let people know what i think of what they say, that is what forums are for... Now all you do is find my post, not even read it and have a go at me for it. for that, i think you are a nob, and that you should do what you are telling me to do:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
stop screening the threads to target just one persons point of view.
Somebody ate our dad, we will throw rocks at him from the sky, and put black ants in his air vents. You will make me so mad that I spurt out black semen into your mouth. I will use a megaphone to tell you I'm angry, then hit the air with a hammer, while standing on snakes. I call the grim reaper to cut open his head and eat his brain like in the film Hannibal, then cut his throat and stab his chest with scorpians.
Oh Kali
Oh Sekhmet
Oh Dagon.
Old 2004-06-15, 13:06
Post-whore

Quote:
constantly trying to make a less human-like sound with his voice

less human-like voice... so that's the reason why Ross Dolan sounds like my cat. sure...
Old 2006-10-12, 12:20
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Metal
Am I the only one who thinks all of arkangel's songs sound alike?

well i like arkangel..but i have to agree with this. not completely the same...but they just don't have any variety. not to mention its pretty easy to play. if you like punk and metal..you will probably like them..just don't expect to be blown away by anything new/ground breaking.

hah found this randomly online and thought it would be enjoyed by some people here.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...er/ourscene.jpg
Old 2006-10-12, 13:23
Metal As Fuck!

Send a message via MSN to davie_gravy Send a message via Yahoo to davie_gravy
Last post in this thread was over 2 years ago... I doubt that guy is even an active member anymore.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.
Old 2006-10-12, 13:55
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
Quote:
Originally Posted by davie_gravy
Last post in this thread was over 2 years ago... I doubt that guy is even an active member anymore.

yea i wasn't really posting it for anyone in particular. i just searched threads with hardcore in the title and this had the most posts.
Old 2006-10-12, 19:50
Life is pain.
Banned

OH ffs.
Old 2006-10-13, 00:41
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Valtiel Send a message via MSN to Valtiel
Quote:
i do not have anything against anybody on this forum if they have nothing against me. i just like to let people know what i think of what they say, that is what forums are for... Now all you do is find my post, not even read it and have a go at me for it. for that, i think you are a nob, and that you should do what you are telling me to do:

Forums are for people to discuss things, no one could give two shits about what you think about the things they say. You told someone to widen their tastes because they wanted an example of metalcore that didnt have fruity radio friendly choruses and predictable breakdowns, and you took this to mean he only wants satan himself to sing each and every lyric. And that MY FRIEND, is retarded.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut