Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password

Old 2004-07-10, 20:47
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
either way he's an idiot if he thinks peavey is all poorly made shit that will break down in the middle of a gig...

did i say itll break down in the middle of a show? (though it wouldnt surprise me) but youre right about the poorly made shit.
Old 2004-07-11, 00:23
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebic
preamps:

jmi vox ac-30 head (slaved into the 500)
mesa/boogie triaxis
voodoo amps modified triple giant

power amp:

mesa/boogie strategy 500

cabs:

2 bogner cubes (v30s)
2 mesa/boogie 1x12 thieles (evm 12ls)
mesa/boogie recto standard 4x12 (v90s)

misc/effects:

mesa/boogie midi matrix
eventide gtr4000
isp decimator
thd hotplate (16 ohm)
mesa/boogie abacus
sib varidrive
zvex sho

itll slay any 5150.

well, i do agree that it will slay a 5150, but 5150's are still great metal amps. reliable, very mod-able and good sounding. with a very decent price tag.

i was somewhat dissapointed with the triaxis. everybody was telling me how much better it was than the jmp-1....
new triaxis= $1,600
new jmp-1 $1,000
both are very easy to use, midi controlable and such... i believe the triaxis may be a real tube signal path controlled via midi and digital stuff, while the jmp-1 just uses the tubes for warmth over a s.s. signal.... but the overall tube sound quality of a rig will mostly come from the poweramp anyways.
they both sounded equaly good imo, but the mesa sounds like a mesa and marshall sounds like a marshall... i like the marshall sound better i guess... i'd still take an h&k access over both though...

the triple giant i was kinda disapointed in, the sharp channel became kinda thin, high pitch and noisey with alot of gain.
how much better did the guys at voodoo make it sound?
i'm just going to sell mine now that i have no need for it.
Old 2004-07-11, 00:25
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
did i say itll break down in the middle of a show? (though it wouldnt surprise me) but youre right about the poorly made shit.

all you ever bitch about is how you THINK they suck and are unreliable/poorly made shit....
Old 2004-07-12, 20:17
Metalhead

Quote:
all you ever bitch about is how you THINK they suck and are unreliable/poorly made shit....

correction: all i ever bitch about is how i KNOW they suck and are unreliable/poorly made shit.
Old 2004-07-12, 20:27
Metalhead

Quote:
everybody was telling me how much better it was than the jmp-1....

w/ good reason too. it IS better.

Quote:
new triaxis= $1,600
new jmp-1 $1,000

marshall loves to milk its customers. that pre isnt worth more than $500-600 new, tops. the mesa is overpriced too, but its still leaps beyond that marshall crap.

Quote:
they both sounded equaly good imo

wow, if you cant tell the difference in tonal quality between a jmp-shit and a triaxis it really should come as no surprise to me that you like the 5150.

Quote:
the triple giant i was kinda disapointed in, the sharp channel became kinda thin, high pitch and noisey with alot of gain.
how much better did the guys at voodoo make it sound?

sounds like you just described the jmp-1. voodoo took a good pre and made it better. no more buzzy gain at high settings, more open sound, much better note definition.
Old 2004-07-13, 00:25
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Your funny. If you cant get a good tone out of the 5150 then your must be retarded. Countless amounts of bands have been able to do it. Maybe if i remove the peavey logo off my amp and put a big "Mesa Boogie" logo on it then you'll like it.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-07-13, 01:49
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
w/ good reason too. it IS better.

lmao.... sure it is ignorance and arrogance just make YOU look dumb.
it's not a matter of FACTS, it's personal opinion.

Quote:
marshall loves to milk its customers. that pre isnt worth more than $500-600 new, tops. the mesa is overpriced too, but its still leaps beyond that marshall crap.

most amp makers "milk" the customers. the mesa still isnt hot shit...

Quote:
wow, if you cant tell the difference in tonal quality between a jmp-shit and a triaxis it really should come as no surprise to me that you like the 5150.

i didn't say i couldnt tell the difference moron... i said i liked them pretty equally...
i like the 5150 because i'm not an idiot and i know how to turn a couple knobs on a head to make it sound good.

Quote:
sounds like you just described the jmp-1.

yeah right... the jmp-1 sounds nothing like the triple giant... it has more gain and doesnt sound like ass with alot of it... it also has more balls and a nicer clean.
it has great note definition, just because it doesnt cover your mistakes with mud doenst mean it has bad note definition.

i hate when kids come on forums and think that if it isnt what they play then it sucks. and that's how you're acting.

face it, me and thousands of other people have no problems busting out great sounds from 5150 rigs, but you, a wannabe "Mr. knowitall" complain about how you cant get good sounds out of it and you blame the maker instead of the player.
i've used and been around alot of peavey gear... i KNOW they're good. anybody who knows what he or she is doing knows they're just fine too....
Old 2004-07-13, 10:23
Metalhead

Quote:

yeah right... the jmp-1 sounds nothing like the triple giant...

of course it doesnt. the triple giant actually sounds pretty good.
Old 2004-07-13, 14:58
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

well, there we have it... if you actually think a stock triple giant sounds better than a stock jmp-1, then i hate your taste in tone... no wonder you hate so many GOOD amps.
because i own both and i'd take the jmp-1 anyday, it has more gain, it doesnt get super noisey with alot of it, savable presets, more controls, tighter lows and more of them, a more usable mid control, a presence control, more flexible midi mapping/control options. fuck, it just has a waaayy better over all sound.
i wouldnt be suprised if you've never even played a jmp-1 or 5150 for more than 5 minutes the way you talk about them.....
Old 2004-07-14, 05:33
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

its a personal preference...