MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2004-02-10, 19:44
New Blood

Official Drumtrack thread

What's up All? I am obviously new to this forum, but I have some kick ass information that i'm sure some of you would really be interested in. I write drums on my PC, and no, not like what is posted on the Drum Zone. I right these drums from scratch using a drum software. I have been doing this for about 4-5 years now but have not really had time to dedicate. However, I am creating new songs on a weekly basis. What I do is put a bands song such as Deicide's Once Upon the Cross in an editor on my PC and write the drums according to what is played by deicide. The end result is an audio file of a drum track to what ever song I re-wrote. I can then take this file and insert it into a recording studio on my PC and re-record the song from scratch. I can also play this drum track out of a PA System and or stereo and play it with a band without a drummer. I have song's from Cannibal Corpse down to System of a Down. I will be offering these tracks to the public soon but I would like to get some feedback from musicians that don't have a drummer and or would like to have the drum tracks of any song of their choice. If you are interested in obtaining any drum track to any song, I will be more than happy to write it for you and send it to you via email and or CD. I have never seen a CD of drum tracks in a music store with the corresponding tab book? Have you?
Old 2004-02-10, 19:56
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via ICQ to G_urr_A
Sounds like a cool idea for drum practicing. But I don't know if a band would use it to gig without a drummer. I'd think not, as a missing drummer really is missing, if you get my point. Things would look wrong without a drummer. Plus it sometimes might be difficult to get good sound.

Whatever, I'm tired. Sorry.
Old 2004-02-10, 22:55
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Go to the Old Man's Child website. Half of those MIDI files are mine.
I have Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, so If I want, I can mute the guitars, bass, and keys, and record my guitar into the PC, while playing along with the drums. But cool, anyways, have fun. I've been doing this too, for about 7-8 years.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2004-02-10, 23:16
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Thats pretty cool. I was affraid you where going to ask for money.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2004-02-11, 00:53
Post-whore

yea man cool idea. i wish i had a drummer to practice with, but no one drums around here. this is good shit.\m/keep it up
Old 2004-02-11, 13:19
New Blood

G_urr_A,
It is not that I do this to replace a drummer. That is not the point at all. It is really for enjoyment. You buy tab and or look tab up for a song that you like and what do you do then? You learn it and then play it right? With who? Either your own band or by yourself with no accompanying music. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to get the drum tracks exactly like the original to either re-record or play along with? You could basically do whatever you want with the track. This is the whole point of it. I am a drummer myself and the last thing I am trying to do is make drummers obsolete.

powersofterror,
I have cakewalk Pro 9 and Cubase and Pro tools and I have never heard of being able to take any cd and extract each track off of it? How do you do that? Is that even possible without getting a masters license from the publisher and obtaining the master copy?

Drewman
Old 2004-02-11, 14:06
Forum Leader

Whoa, whoa whoa, you misunderstood. You speak of impossibility. On Cakewalk, you can write a guitar part, by putting in a patch name, just like you would write a drum part by putting it on channel 10. I write the parts out, but you know that you can mute them. So, by having the right cable, you can play along with a drum track, recording your guitar to your PC. Then import the .wav(your guitar playing) into a track with the drums, and voila, you got yourself playing with a set of drums.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
Old 2004-02-11, 14:56
Senior Metalhead

i use my pc for drums....its very easy to do....its all about panning and volume...you figure that out and u can get it to sound real..
Old 2004-02-11, 15:22
New Blood

It sounded to me that you were saying that you could extract the drums off of any CD that you incorporate into cakewalk. Is this what you are saying or are you just showing me how to record with cakewalk? I have re-recorded a bunch of songs the way you are explaining it but that is not what I am talking about. I had to create the drum track in Acid and then insert it into cakewalk as a .wav file and then I recorded the guitars and bass and vocals. I have never heard of any software that could extract any instrument off of any CD and save it by itself. If you know of a software that can do that, by all means, please tell. If not, I can make the drum track to any song that has ever been made so if anyone is interested in obtaining a drum track of a song that you would like to re-record or whatever, let me know and I will make it. If I don't have the original song, you might have to send it to me. I am going to try to make this a business (maybe) and I am just starting to look into this now so get your requests in before I start having to charge. Reason for the charge, it takes a good 8 hours to 2-3 days for me to write these drums to perfection. This means NO CHARGE AT THIS TIME FOR A SELECT FEW.

Drewman
Old 2004-02-11, 19:34
Forum Leader

No, I make the drums in Cakewalk.

This is my band's page
Old 2004-02-11, 19:41
New Blood

Man, you gotta show me how you do that because I have never seen the option to make drums in cakewalk pro 9.
Old 2004-02-13, 08:43
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_urr_A
Sounds like a cool idea for drum practicing. But I don't know if a band would use it to gig without a drummer. I'd think not, as a missing drummer really is missing, if you get my point. Things would look wrong without a drummer. Plus it sometimes might be difficult to get good sound.

Whatever, I'm tired. Sorry.

Oh man, a "real" drummer is very preferred, but you are wrong. I've seen bands perform (such as Trollech, who just kicked their drummer out) with a fucking discman hookep up on the PA system. All the drumlines were on it, and they just played along live.

And it had a terrific sound. Maybe the drum was made a bit simple but that's merely a specific remark to that band.

It was really funny when the bassist-singer stepped near the discman and pulled the cable out that way in the middle of a song, hahaha.

By the way Drewman, your idea owns.
Old 2004-02-13, 16:33
New Blood

Yeah, I redid Metallica's One, And Justice for all... and Blackend and we recorded all of the other guitar parts such as the Classical acoustic guitars and the other distorted guitars that harmonize on some of the parts and leave the parts out that we play and play it. It sounds really good if not as good as the actual CD. We don't have a drummer and a singer so unless I jump on the drums we have to use the drums that I make. If you have any requests let me know and I will send it to you so you can here how they sound.
Old 2004-02-13, 19:43
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via ICQ to G_urr_A
Sorry 'bout my tiredness (and general stupidity).

I'd be interested in having a drum track (and bass too, if you do that) of Evergrey - The Masterplan. But that's like "interest" and not "need", so that's more like to see what you can do, if you've got the time. Whatever. I'm tired tonight too. Just saw In Flames and Entombed (and 2 other bands (one guy was funny, he was banging a trashcan with a stick, on stage.....)).
Old 2004-02-13, 20:06
Senior Metalhead

i doubt people will pay for drum traxx...

why not just tune your guitar right and play along to the cd/mp3????...sure u will hear their guitars but its only practise....
Old 2004-02-15, 18:45
Senior Metalhead

this is cool...
you need cakewalk, Gigastudio (a really cool program) and AUDIO drum tracks, or bass, or whatever you like
the point is you can replace the shitty midi sound with real audio files
so you can make a "karaoke" for the instrument you play
You scream my name, and now you're gone
Old 2004-02-15, 18:51
Forum Leader

How do you get "AUDIO" drums tracks? By Gigastudio?

This is my band's page
Old 2004-02-16, 13:31
New Blood

G_urr_A,
I am working on Disincarnate's Monarch of the sleeping marches right now but if you send me Evergrey - The Materplan, that will be the next one that I do. I'll try to get it off of Kazaa if you can't send it to me.

Drewman
Old 2004-02-16, 13:55
New Blood

KB Cans,
If that is all you want to do then sure, I did that for a long time. However, I got ahold of a bunch of software to record with and started re-recording songs the way that I wanted to. These drum tracks can be used for anything. It is not just a practicing tool or anything like that. I use them to jam with my guitarist and singer because we do not have a drummer. I also use them to re-record so I can practice at getting good at recording music by myself. When I run accross tab for a song that I would like to play, I would rather have just the drum track in order to record the song after I learn it to see if it sounds right or is right. It is just for enjoyment and not a specific purpose. Wouldn't you rather play the lead yourself instead of the original lead playing along with your version?

Drewman
Old 2004-02-16, 22:09
Senior Metalhead

im not saying your ideas arent good....

i write my own drum tracks all the time for my own songs....but for other peoples songs...i just play along to the cd..

when are u going to post a link so we can hear these drum tracks?