Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password

Old 2004-07-05, 22:26
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
I hardley ever use effects anymore. I dont know why.

thats because your becoming a better guitar player and your finding you dont need effects to sound good.
Old 2004-07-05, 23:01
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
My Rackmounted effects are so fuckign crazy!!!

First i have my Korg DTR-2000 Tuner... this thing makes the coolest noises!!
Then my BBE Sonic Maximizer
and lastly my DOD 830QX EQ

and a a Dunlop 535-Q Wah

Yeh.. i love my awesome effects!!

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-07-06, 02:29
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-Of-Death
hendrix is my favorite guitarest ever. i said he could make kick as sounds with out lots of effects. now mabe i didnt specify my dis tword the wah wah correctly: people who use the wah for solos constantly and cant play solos with out one are shit. i fucking said i like to mess around with effects every once in a while, but my god if you morons cant make guitar sound good with out effects you just cant play worth shit. period. effects take all the real emotion out of playing.

whats with "guitar players" these days? all this technoligy is taking all the challenge out of guitar playing. make talentless dumbasses feel like thier worth somthing.

if you can play a solo with a wah, you can play the same solo without the wah.... and unless you're out of tune or don't know anything about scales or modes, it will sound find. the wah is just a controlable filter, the notes are still the same, it just sounds different with the filter cutting certain frequencies.
just because YOU can't sound good WITH fx doesnt mean people that use them arent anygood. if you can play the guitar good and make it sound good, you're a good guitarist... but if you can play guitar good, put fx over them, and still let it sound good, you're an even better guitarist.
a guitarist that has stopped using fx as much as he used to doesnt mean he's getting better, it means the way he is currently evolving is away from effects.
plain and simple... i've been playing for years... on all sorts of gear. and I still use fx because with fx i can do more, you try and make a natural flange effect without a flanger pedal, you can't. but they flanger is a cool effect and you can do alot with it... why limit yourself....
quit preaching about your retarded anti-fx ideas... your ignorance is super annoying.... and yes, YOU look like a whiny little ignorant bitch.
Old 2004-07-06, 12:30
Senior Metalhead

all im saying is if you use the wah correctly (which isnt that hard) it can make you sound like your playing twice as fast and if you mess up here and there it doesnt make as big a difference. obviuosly you havent seen anyone that can play with effects and like crap with out them. heres an extreme example, try playing a fast solo with out and distortion or effects. its alot harder. why because some notes arnt even picked up. with effects if a note isnt picked up the perivious note carrys over and someone might not notice.

nevermind, i dont care. i used to think effects were cool and i know how to fucking use them, but there just not my thing any more. you probably have somthing wierd you do and try to persuade everyone else to do it.

Last edited by Angel-Of-Death : 2004-07-06 at 13:04.
Old 2004-07-06, 12:54
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

ive never used effects cuz i havent bothered buying any.

Last edited by Slabbefusk : 2004-07-06 at 15:49.
Old 2004-07-06, 15:34
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
all im saying is if you use the wah correctly (which isnt that hard) it can make you sound like your playing twice as fast and if you mess up here and there it doesnt make as big a difference.

uummmm, a wah doesn make you sound like you're playing twice as fast... i've established this already, a wah is a controlable filter.
Quote:
obviuosly you havent seen anyone that can play with effects and like crap with out them.

yes i've seen people that suck using effects and people that suck using no effects, that just means they suck, ignorant assholes like yourself shouldnt blame it on fx, just get good with or without...
Quote:
heres an extreme example, try playing a fast solo with out and distortion or effects. its alot harder. why because some notes arnt even picked up. with effects if a note isnt picked up the perivious note carrys over and someone might not notice.

of course it will be harder for a sloppy guitar player that is used to having sludged out mud for distortion... my jmp-1 doesnt cover my ass very well, so rather than say it sucks like you probably would, i'd just get better.

Quote:
nevermind, i dont care. i used to think effects were cool and i know how to fucking use them, but there just not my thing any more. you probably have somthing wierd you do and try to persuade everyone else to do it.

i probably do have something "weird" that i do, but i'm not persuading anybody to do anything... i'm just telling you to quit your ignorant ranting because you don't know shit...
not using effects has nothing to do with being a more mature guitar player. like you claim... you "say" you know how to work effects and you "say" you're better than kirk hammett.... but i don't beleive any of it because you totally made it obvious that you don't know shit.
Old 2004-07-06, 15:50
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

^ ^ agree
Old 2004-07-07, 12:50
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
you "say" you're better than kirk hammett....

its not that much of an accomplishment...
.............................................................kirk hammett
Old 2004-07-07, 13:32
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
its not that much of an accomplishment...
.............................................................kirk hammett

dude, just because i don't like mettallica doesnt mean they suck, i hate many bands that have "talent", kirk hammett isnt that bad... he has a generic metal style though... origionality does not always equal talent.
when i say mettallica sucks.... i mean lars is a mediocre drummer and the rest of the music doesnt apeal to me.
besides, people that sit there and brag about how they're better than everybody are just annoying, a really good guitarist will be humble and let others do the bragging for him if there is bragging to be done.
hammet can't be to bad though, hell he was taught by satriani i beleive?...
Old 2004-07-07, 13:58
Senior Metalhead

metallcia is probably my 3rd favorite band... making fun of kirk is just kind of in with my group of friends right now... and i hate to brag but its kind of hard to be humble on the internet because no one knows who you are and they might think guitar isnt even a big part of your life if you dont say somthing...
Old 2004-07-07, 14:35
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

show, don't tell... a cocky attitude makes you useless in the music world because noody will like you or want to put up with your shit... i've turned alot of people away, not because they werent good enough, but because i didn't want to put up with their "rockstar" attitude and their ignorance.... that's exactly the kind of shit bands break up over...
Old 2004-07-07, 16:19
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
Now this is interesting.

I almost agree with Angel-Of-Death on this for some reason. I do think that a sucky guitarist can do an adequate solo with the help of wah. But theres a lot of better guitarists that use wah that don't already suck. You can still use effects and be a good guitarist... I have no clue where I'm going with this
Old 2004-07-07, 17:36
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
show, don't tell... a cocky attitude makes you useless in the music world because noody will like you or want to put up with your shit... i've turned alot of people away, not because they werent good enough, but because i didn't want to put up with their "rockstar" attitude and their ignorance.... that's exactly the kind of shit bands break up over...

Hey now, Yngwie managed to succeed and hes an asshole.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-07-07, 21:49
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I almost agree with Angel-Of-Death on this for some reason.

im speachless... do you realize this is like the first time in one of these forums anyone has agreed with me on anything? im gona go celebrate!!!
..\......./../...\.....\.../../......./..\
....\.../../--.--\.....\/../_....../_._\
...././_._.........\.../../......../...\
../...................\/../_._..../......\
/............................................\
Old 2004-07-08, 13:56
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Hey now, Yngwie managed to succeed and hes an asshole.

well, he's a virtuoso guitarist and anybody that would say he's not good would have to be killed.... angel of death however is not a virtuoso.... i highly doubt he could he even be close....
besides if yngwie is really a cocky asshole i wouldnt want to be around him....

Quote:
Now this is interesting.

I almost agree with Angel-Of-Death on this for some reason. I do think that a sucky guitarist can do an adequate solo with the help of wah.

how? the wah doesnt play the solo for them, i think you people think the wah is some peice of magical gear that does stuff for you.... well, it doesnt. take the wah away from that adequate solo and its still the same adequate solo without a filter cutting certain freqs.
solos do not neccisarily make you talented anyways. i know people that could solo like crazy but i don't consider them "great" because they don't know very many chords and they have no concept of rythm.
Old 2004-07-08, 14:02
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Yngwie is just cocky, I wouldn’t miss an opportunity to be around him and learn off of him because of that fact. And if he wanted to start a band with me i sure as hell wouldn’t say no.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-07-08, 14:40
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Yngwie is just cocky, I wouldn’t miss an opportunity to be around him and learn off of him because of that fact. And if he wanted to start a band with me i sure as hell wouldn’t say no.

yeh, but he already has fame and shit going for him. if he was a nobody that you had never heard play and he just ranted about how good he was you'd want to punch him or something.
i hate when your average high school kid just sits there and talks about he's the best guitarist here blah blah....
this one guy wanted to play bass for my band. he was beyond good enough, he did slap stuff,tapping,plucking,harminics, he had great rythm, blah blah... he was just really good so i was like fuck i want this kid to play for us. he came to one of our pratices and hung out a bit.... holy sh*t we all almost kicked the shit out of him cause he wouldnt shut up about how good he was..
as it turns out his last three bands kicked him out for the same shit.
i'm all about being humble, i play what i like to play, if somebody likes the shit i play they'll be like "dude this guy rocks!" if not then nothing.
Old 2004-07-08, 14:59
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

fo sh0

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-07-17, 02:20
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

xdislexicx and co, stop argueing with your Angel-of-death's dumb and unsubstantiated opinion.
i'll close this thread, 'cuase i found a thread, which is pretty mcuh like this one:

http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthre...ghlight=effects