MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password

Old 2004-06-16, 19:36
Senior Metalhead

oh realy, well im not saying i dont enjoy wah pedals every once in a while, but crapy guitar players like kirk hammet that use it every fucking solo suck.
Old 2004-06-16, 21:03
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-Of-Death
i own a digitech GNX3... my fav effect is probly rectify for for power chords and solo for well soloing... oh yeah and no wah, thats for untalented fucks who need a shit load of effects to sound decent...

don't tell me you actually use the factory presets... it's bad enough you use the gnx3 for distortion, but factory presets are lame as hell....

you probably suck to bad to even know how to use a wah.... whether or not you like wahs or not you're an idiot if you think somebody has no talent because they use alot of effects. i think some people are godly for how well they work their fx: tom morello(rage against the machine/audioslave,radiohead,cephalic carnage,glassjaw,pushing up daisies, ect. i bet any of those guys could smoke your ass with or without effects...

effects are just another way of expanding the amounts of sounds you can get from an instrument... doing something more unique...

kirk hammet could probably teach you a thing or two about playing guitar... i don't like the guy, but that doesnt mean he "sucks".
Old 2004-06-17, 01:31
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Micheal Amott uses a wah alot. Its cool how he uses it.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-06-17, 13:01
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
don't tell me you actually use the factory presets... it's bad enough you use the gnx3 for distortion, but factory presets are lame as hell....

you probably suck to bad to even know how to use a wah.... whether or not you like wahs or not you're an idiot if you think somebody has no talent because they use alot of effects. i think some people are godly for how well they work their fx: tom morello(rage against the machine/audioslave,radiohead,cephalic carnage,glassjaw,pushing up daisies, ect. i bet any of those guys could smoke your ass with or without effects...

effects are just another way of expanding the amounts of sounds you can get from an instrument... doing something more unique...

kirk hammet could probably teach you a thing or two about playing guitar... i don't like the guy, but that doesnt mean he "sucks".

Well actualy if you use a shit load of effects it does cover up alot of mistakes, if your good you dont need all those effects to sound good. i bet alot of those guys arnt nearly as good as you think expesualy when they dont have flange on top of wah on top of chorus on top of max distortion. what im saying is pretty much true, if you dont think so your one of the untalented idots im talking about (and i think you are because the guitarests you mentioned up there suck, have you ever heard a RATM solo? i havent.)

and about using the pre set effects, truth is im to fucking lazy to figure out how to use that thing, i figure the effects are there for a reason they must be good for somthing. oh but i guess you couldnt use them, you would have to pump on more distortion and effects to cover up your crapy playing.
Old 2004-06-17, 13:54
Pirate Lawd

The factory presets do suck on that thing. They are only demos and you are suppose to adjust the settings to your amp. Digatech will tell you that. How long have you had this thing?
Old 2004-06-17, 14:00
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
How long have you had this thing?

3 months... lol. i said i dont know shit about equipment.
Old 2004-06-17, 16:54
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Well actualy if you use a shit load of effects it does cover up alot of mistakes, if your good you dont need all those effects to sound good. i bet alot of those guys arnt nearly as good as you think expesualy when they dont have flange on top of wah on top of chorus on top of max distortion. what im saying is pretty much true, if you dont think so your one of the untalented idots im talking about (and i think you are because the guitarests you mentioned up there suck, have you ever heard a RATM solo? i havent.)

and about using the pre set effects, truth is im to fucking lazy to figure out how to use that thing, i figure the effects are there for a reason they must be good for somthing. oh but i guess you couldnt use them, you would have to pump on more distortion and effects to cover up your crapy playing.

sorry, but you're a fucking moron..... using effects doesnt just cover your ass when you make mistakes. hell, usually its harder to work alot of effects and make it sound good. effects can take you into a whole other realm of playing. most distortion period covers your ass when you make mistakes. but if you're good it doesnt matter.
you try and put a flange on top of a wah through a chorus with max distortion and make it sound good..... i bet you couldnt. because you arent good enough, but then you'd just talk shit on effects because you're to stupid and untalented to know how to make them sound good.

you think all those guitarist's suck?? you don't know shit about guitar do you?there is more to talent than solo's dude... one of these days you'll grow up and realize it. you might not like radio head,glass jaw, cephalic carnage, ratm, ect. but they do not suck, and i could list many more guitarist that use alot of effects that rock.

you've never heard tom morello solo's? well... he certaintly does "solo" it just might be different from the generic shredding a minor scale that you probably think is what makes guitarists good, but they take lots of talent to do and he makes them sound cool, because he's good enough to make complicated effect combinations work.
lets just use "the battle of los angeles" for an example
track 1..."testify".... 2m40s into the song...
track 2..."guerrila radio".... 2m30
track 3..."calm like a bomb"....3m30s.
track 4..."mic check"... 2m10s(no those are not turntables, that's his guitar, i've seen him do it and i was amazed)
track 5..."sleep now in the fire"... 2m45s
track 6..."born of a broken man"... not much of a "solo" part really....
track 7..."born as ghosts"...2m5s
track 8..."maria"... 2m55s
track 9..."voice of the voiceless"...no real solo.
track 10..."new millennium homes"... 2m55s
track 11..."ashes in the fall"... 2m45s
track 12..."war within a breath"... no real solo.

so as you can see 9 out of 12 songs on one cd have "solos"....

have a nice day
Old 2004-06-17, 18:10
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
sorry, but you're a fucking moron..... using effects doesnt just cover your ass when you make mistakes. hell, usually its harder to work alot of effects and make it sound good. effects can take you into a whole other realm of playing. most distortion period covers your ass when you make mistakes. but if you're good it doesnt matter.
you try and put a flange on top of a wah through a chorus with max distortion and make it sound good..... i bet you couldnt. because you arent good enough, but then you'd just talk shit on effects because you're to stupid and untalented to know how to make them sound good.

you think all those guitarist's suck?? you don't know shit about guitar do you?there is more to talent than solo's dude... one of these days you'll grow up and realize it. you might not like radio head,glass jaw, cephalic carnage, ratm, ect. but they do not suck, and i could list many more guitarist that use alot of effects that rock.

you've never heard tom morello solo's? well... he certaintly does "solo" it just might be different from the generic shredding a minor scale that you probably think is what makes guitarists good, but they take lots of talent to do and he makes them sound cool, because he's good enough to make complicated effect combinations work.
lets just use "the battle of los angeles" for an example

so as you can see 9 out of 12 songs on one cd have "solos"....

have a nice day

Damn im sorry, i didnt know there were nu-metal lovers in these forums. i usualy take for granted that people think 1 fingered power chords with heavy effects take no talent to play... and i am sorry for asuming you suck, i have no clue how you play, but you also have no clue how i play. i happend to be a fairly decent classical, rock, blues, and metal guitar player. i know playing solos isnt the only thing that shows your talented, but i also know that power chords dont take much talent to play. thats why i asumed that if your a metal player and you dont play solos your not any good. and as for handling lots of effects, its called noise gate. it eliminates all sound thats less then the specified Decibels. it makes handling effects extremely easy. im sure the guitarest for RATM uses somthing of that sort if he uses lots of effects, if you dont youll get more feedback then anyone can handle.
Old 2004-06-17, 18:56
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

um... sorry dude but nu metal doesnt really use alot of effects usually....
ratm,radiohead,glass jaw,pushing up daisies,finger 11, ect. are not nu metal so i don't see why you are even mentioning it.... and they do not just play one finger powerchords.
trust me, i'm not a nu metal kinda guy... i'm just not an idiot that talks shit on things like effects when i don't know what i'm talking about.... a noise suppressor/gate doesnt make it so effects sound good... you can't just slop some effects together and then put a gate in there and think it will fix your poor abilities to use fx. feedback isnt exatcly a huge problem with fx... it's more how you dial in the sounds... it can make it difficult to work around...like:
how long of a delay you're using?
what kind of delay?
would a harmonizer sound cool there?
maybe a chorus would add a smooth vibe to this solo
a cool tremelo effect for would sound cool for this intro
when i play individual note with this flange/auto wah setup it sounds cool but most chords sound like ass with it
this filter combination makes my guitar sound like water
the panning in my stereo rig sounds freaking crazy
ect.
if you use them correctly they can be great.
if you want to use fx and be any good then you have to think about all that shit... but it's worth it.

but no, just shred a minor scale or a random mode and tell me i'm a talentless loser who uses effects to "cover my ass" when i make mistakes...
not that anything's wrong or talentless about shredding, but it's been done before and some people don't want to sound like everybody else so we experiment with things like fx.
Old 2004-06-17, 19:15
Senior Metalhead

im sure their is an "art" in puting effects together and making some cool sounds. but realy its nothing new, listen to jimi hendrix's star spankled banner, he's the master of crazy sounds and ill guarantee you he didnt have many effects to work with. you dont need to have all kinds of effects to play awsome sounding shit.
Old 2004-06-17, 20:29
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
im sure their is an "art" in puting effects together and making some cool sounds. but realy its nothing new, listen to jimi hendrix's star spankled banner, he's the master of crazy sounds and ill guarantee you he didnt have many effects to work with. you dont need to have all kinds of effects to play awsome sounding shit.

it depends on the kind of awsome sounding shit.... you can't do a wah sound with out a wah... you can't do a phaser sound without a phasher, you can't do delay with out some sort of device giving you a delay effect.
jimi is pretty good with crazy sounds, not the master, but he had some effects to work with.
not alot of effects are generally "new", but they expand the amount of sounds you're able to acheive.... so in a way it can be something new and origional. it just depends on if you suck at it or not.
Old 2004-06-17, 23:48
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
meoooow

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-06-20, 03:41
Post-whore

my dunlop 535Q wah and my digitech whammy.
Old 2004-07-02, 01:42
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to lamb_of_god Send a message via Yahoo to lamb_of_god
Smile

My band mixes death and thrash metal with softer more melodic moments, so for those soft moments i normally play clean with chorus and a phaser, but for the heavy parts just distortion.

*I JUST REALIZED THIS IS MY 30TH POST! THAT MEANS I'M A METALHEAD AND NOT A JUNIOR METALHEAD (though it didn't matter; I don't need to prove my metalness to anyone)! YEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.

Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Last edited by lamb_of_god : 2004-07-02 at 01:45.
Old 2004-07-04, 06:20
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to Tobbler
Quote:
oh realy, well im not saying i dont enjoy wah pedals every once in a while, but crapy guitar players like kirk hammet that use it every fucking solo suck.

he doesnt use it in every solo. its just that the only song you have listened to was entersandman. and he is probably a far more better guitar player than you. I dont see you on guitarworld magazine do I? i think not. to shut the hell up and quit your bitching.
Old 2004-07-04, 06:25
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to Tobbler
Quote:

Thats because back then they didnt have much you retard. it was like the 60s back then. The wah wah was the biggest hit. and you where just dissing the wah wah pedal earlier. well how do you think he did Purple haze? thats right you moron he used to wah wah. and heres his list of equip if you dont believe me http://guitars.ru/music/gitarist/jimihendrix.gif
Old 2004-07-05, 09:19
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to Pawn Send a message via Yahoo to Pawn
Hmmm... Chorus, Phaser, Filters (my comp has a music recording program, and the filters they have are pretty damn trippy!) I wanna say wah, but that's not an effect to me. It's a way of life.

"Beyond and to all time I stand." AFI, "Midnight Sun"

"In the eyes of the blind, I have no end." Pawns Of Men
Old 2004-07-05, 16:45
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbler
he doesnt use it in every solo. its just that the only song you have listened to was entersandman. and he is probably a far more better guitar player than you. I dont see you on guitarworld magazine do I? i think not. to shut the hell up and quit your bitching.

i hate the black album. i think iv listened to enter the sand man mabe twice, gayest shit iv ever heard. and yes kirk hammet does suck and yes i am better then him. he stole most his shit from satriani anyways. and your the one doing the bitching. i was just expressing my opinion your the one making an immature whiny little brat out of your self.

Last edited by Angel-Of-Death : 2004-07-05 at 16:59.
Old 2004-07-05, 16:56
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbler
Thats because back then they didnt have much you retard. it was like the 60s back then. The wah wah was the biggest hit. and you where just dissing the wah wah pedal earlier. well how do you think he did Purple haze? thats right you moron he used to wah wah. and heres his list of equip if you dont believe me http://guitars.ru/music/gitarist/jimihendrix.gif

hendrix is my favorite guitarest ever. i said he could make kick as sounds with out lots of effects. now mabe i didnt specify my dis tword the wah wah correctly: people who use the wah for solos constantly and cant play solos with out one are shit. i fucking said i like to mess around with effects every once in a while, but my god if you morons cant make guitar sound good with out effects you just cant play worth shit. period. effects take all the real emotion out of playing.

whats with "guitar players" these days? all this technoligy is taking all the challenge out of guitar playing. make talentless dumbasses feel like thier worth somthing.
Old 2004-07-05, 21:06
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
I hardley ever use effects anymore. I dont know why.