User Name
Password

Old 2004-06-01, 07:00
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodomaniac
how much points you get for a 5/5 rated tab ?

it should have 3 votes at the minimum
Old 2004-06-01, 08:06
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via ICQ to Sodomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
it should have 3 votes at the minimum

ah ok, now I understand ..thx
Old 2004-06-02, 18:54
Post-whore

I really can't understand why people vote good tabs low deliberately, it defeats the principle of a community sharing music. It's so childish...

It always seems silly when i finally go for that tab that got one star and it's the best of the lot. When I was a beginner and i read a tab that i thought was bad, i usually put it down to me being a bit shit on guitar, not the tab being shit - so i just wouldn't vote. i've been playing for 6 years now, and i'm not bad, but i still do the same. If it sounds wrong and its a hard riff, I usually put it down to my mistakes.

btw - if anyone's into superjoint ritual, i would love to hear some feedback on my tabs
Old 2004-06-03, 05:56
Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to BozoNightmare
Hey that's a good way to look at it. But then that defeats the purpose of a score system. This score system is causing more problems than its worth mainly because it shows all of your tabs together; so some cunt can vote them all a 1. Well they're probably laughing right now (btw I am not pissed off, but look here; I'd like to rip your balls off and hang em on my rear view mirror after I kick them up so far up your arse that you choke on your own puke as they become lodged in your throat). There's always afew scum-fucking-bags that try to ruin it for everyone else.

Now I know what Inverted feels like getting deliberately shitty votes. Hrm, where are those people on the top tabbers list. They just wanna drag everyone down into a sespool of mediocre scores. I normally vote honestly, but if I see other people being victim to this shit, then I might go and give all their tabs a 5.

Did some maths:

If you have a tab that has {score = 4.5, votes = 4} and someone votes it a '1', it takes 7 '5' votes to bring the score back up to 4.5.

Its worse for tabs with a score more than 4.5.

By the way, I wonder how DarkenElf's score went from 16.00 to 19.XX in one day, and I'm just below and mine went down.
Old 2004-06-03, 07:17
round the world
Administrator

Hey, please stop these wars.

The new rating system will be in place this summer, and I WILL void all old anonymous votes once there are enough new ones.
Old 2004-06-03, 09:08
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
Yeah, that'll work.
Old 2004-06-04, 16:21
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
I WILL void all old anonymous votes once there are enough new ones.

That sounds like a good idea. This new system is going to be excellent!

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2004-06-04, 18:43
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Corpsevomit98
Im sure Nomad will be a gentleman about it and perfect it like he always does.
Old 2004-06-05, 00:01
Metalhead

Heh, now if someone gives out votes of 3 or less, people can scrutinise their tabs back. Kudos to Nomad on another brilliant idea.
Old 2004-06-19, 00:56
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
I think an interesting idea might be to allow only credible, responsible, and established tabbers the right to vote. I think this system would work especially well if older tabbers scrutinized the tabs of younger tabbers and gave them new ideas and pointers on how to improve that particular tab and the overall quality of their future tabs. Just an idea, it really doesn't matter much to me.

Personally, I don't give a shit, because when I see a tab I want, I download it regardless of what rating it is. Although I can be insulted when somebody tells me my tab sucks, if it gets a low vote, that's completely different, because 9 out of 10 times it's just a troll fucking around. Most of us are used to there being dicks in the world who like to ruin things, and thusly we ignore their actions.
Old 2004-06-19, 05:28
Life is pain.
Banned

i dont know if its too late for input on the voting system, or if this has already been said,

but what if you voted, or didnt vote. im talking every vote was 1 point, insted of an "X/5" system ir\t was just if you like the tab, vote for it. its simple and completely effective, in my views.

and if we want to keep it for criticism you could have a seperate comment button like
"Vote For This Tab"
"Criticism For The Tab"

these types of buttons? and if ther were many different tabs for a song you would be able to tell what was best by the amount of votes it had?
this is just my opinion.....
Old 2004-06-21, 22:06
Metalhead

What about merchandise discounts based on scores as a reward system. Or what about if someone goes beyond the call of duty tabbing a song (10/5 votes anyone?). e.g. I'm trying to tab "Emaciate"; it's taken a year so far and not even half the song. And some fucker will just vote it a 1; not worth my time. I might as well tab a 1 riff Coal Chamber song and get a 5/5 vote.

My point is; before the score system the metal tabbing community was all contributing, helping each other out. Now, the score gives everyone a reason to turn it into a stupid competition, instead of what it should do; provide an accurate reflection of somebody's contributions in both terms of quantity and quality.

Maybe a souped-up system where a vote is comprised of weighted parameters such as ratings for (#riffs/complexity), (quality/note-4-noteness), (structure/legend), and (overall).

If any of that sounds stupid, well maybe it is. I'm just speaking my mind and rattling off afew thoughts.
Old 2004-06-22, 14:28
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

how bout your rating is based out of 5, just like the tab votes, and it is just the average of all your tabs...it doesn't keep people from voting stupidly, but i noticed spirit crusher might be kicked pout of the top tabbers list and almost every tab has a vote of 4 or 5, and all the tabs he has done are fucking wicked and tough songs too.

you'll need to have a min. number of tabs for the list though, or else the top people might be a bunch w/only 1 or 2 tabs done.

also, who cares if people tab "easy" songs or not, as long as they are tabbed right...i tabbed alot of Crowbar and Rammstien, does that mean i should have a low overall rating because of it??
Old 2004-06-22, 15:24
Post-whore

I agree with the Father somewhat. The rating system is making a whole bunch of people bitchy, but it is kinda cool to see your name on the list, mainly why people are rating other persons 1 and their own 5 simply to get high on the list. I think it could go just by number of tabs, that way the poeple can say that they did a shitload of work and got credit for it.
Old 2004-06-22, 22:57
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

i don't think if you vote on your own tabs it even counts.

ok, one list MOST TABS , the other BEST RATING
Old 2004-06-23, 15:58
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Death
i don't think if you vote on your own tabs it even counts.

ok, one list MOST TABS , the other BEST RATING

But you see, with the best rating thing, people are still going to be going gay and voting tabs bad to get on the top of the list, even if the tabs are good. Im sure thats what happened to me when I was number 6 on the list someone voted a 1 on all of my tabs when I know my tabs were AT LEAST a 3. Im not saying I didnt put all my effort into it, but to my knowledge it was correct. I dont give a shit about the score but its the tab rating is what sucks. If people see a tab with a 2 they arent going to look at it.
Old 2004-06-23, 23:10
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
I'll look at a tab no matter what it's rated, unless it's one of those songs that's been tabbed by 72 people, in which case I usually just download the first 2 or 3 I see and work with those. It's easier to modify a decent tab with some mistakes in it than it is to download, save, and sort through 17 million tabs of the same song. The ratings reflect somewhat, but most people know the system is flawed, and I highly doubt most people take it too seriously. The only people who seem to be continuously bothered by the system are tabbers. It's simply not that big of deal.

Anybody who makes a big deal about this is basically granting the right of assholes to take control of their emotions. You shouldn't allow them that privledge, especially not on such a trivial matter. Unethical people who want to give other tabbers low votes to raise their own scores, if in fact they exist, are pathetic, and only become important if you make them important by actually caring about this whole thing. Likewise, morons who either can't play guitar for shit and vote low for your tabs should be ignored, because their importance is extremely low until you make them important by complaining about it.

Basically, they are just numbers. Let's not get carried away.
Old 2004-07-09, 11:17
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via ICQ to Sodomaniac
Juhu ... my first score for a tab !
Old 2004-07-17, 23:13
Gangster Rapper

Send a message via MSN to Severed_Head_Stoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
I'll look at a tab no matter what it's rated, unless it's one of those songs that's been tabbed by 72 people, in which case I usually just download the first 2 or 3 I see and work with those. It's easier to modify a decent tab with some mistakes in it than it is to download, save, and sort through 17 million tabs of the same song. The ratings reflect somewhat, but most people know the system is flawed, and I highly doubt most people take it too seriously. The only people who seem to be continuously bothered by the system are tabbers. It's simply not that big of deal.

Anybody who makes a big deal about this is basically granting the right of assholes to take control of their emotions. You shouldn't allow them that privledge, especially not on such a trivial matter. Unethical people who want to give other tabbers low votes to raise their own scores, if in fact they exist, are pathetic, and only become important if you make them important by actually caring about this whole thing. Likewise, morons who either can't play guitar for shit and vote low for your tabs should be ignored, because their importance is extremely low until you make them important by complaining about it.

He's got it exactly right, i don't vote for tabs, cos im not a good enough guitarist yet, to criticize other people's works. But yeh, what he said
- Jason Becker
Old 2004-08-18, 18:51
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes

you only say that because you have a high score, so of course it doesn't bother you.

hehe, just messing with ya.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx